• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus in teams! A lesson in PSIence! Ness! ~DDD and Link Summaries are up!~

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Here's a little AT to check out for 2v1. Dsmash->D3 Grab->Ground Release->repeat process seems plausible with his grab range. plus to finish this you can probably with a smash or w/e

also this might work too. D3 Grab->Ground Release->ZSS Jab->repeat process. I need to test these out but atm they seem like they would work.

ZSS's Dsmash is soooo good for Dedede in this team <3. I'd rate this team an 8. it's not perfect because Dedede needs watching but it is definetely viable in tourny.

MK, Falco or bad for these two as said above x_x and for stages i would normally say Brinstar and RC but i'd actually go PS1, PS2, FD. Stages where Dedede can be away a bit but still help and not get pummled to death/get in the way. ZSS is gonna be the leader like person in these team while Dedede stock tanks. Just don't leave the poor penquin alone in a 1v2 situation. ;_;

This team is really good in 2v1. 2v2 it is a definetely good.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
best DDD and Zss combo : DDD down THrown--> zss Down Smash--->regrab DOwnthrow...rinse repeat. Then of you get to an edge then get the down smash then the zss pivot grabs and ground releases while DDD jumps over and grab again. Finish with down smash to Fsmash. Its also a quick combo. If you see DDD got some character in down throw the go down smash and the go about your business and keep the other team mate out of DDDs hair while he Fsmashes the victom

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
DDD doesn't need the Down Smash to regrab on most characters lolol
But I get what you mean.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i'd like some more input please from both sides if its not too much.

thank you in advanced ^_^

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Deviation:

We, at Link boards, are currently discussing ZSS (thanks for the input, all those who helped). You could take the info from us once we're done (I don't know if there'd be "may I?" issues). That way, you wouldn't need to do all the work again and us Link mains can put our thoughts into this thread.

/deviation

solecalibur

Smash Master
There is quiet a bit of info already presented , and we should move on before anything gets dead >.>

but d3 does seem like a good partner for stock tank n such

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yea alright voting time. take a pick by tomorrow or ill just choose.

ill get right to work on that summary.

thanks for the bump Sole ^_^

solecalibur

Smash Master
Well like you said , lets wait for others to give there option over night if not we shall go ness

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Both of you guys like so I'll vote for Ness :)

I'm a bit confused though. How are we going to rank ZSS in teams? Based on ZSS's perspective or the team overall?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well we do need to do how ZSS does in teams overall so we can get a better grasp of her. It's on a ZSS's perspective and overall. Here lemme get the questions we need to answer to be able to fully understand. Plus a rating.

:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus: DPS Gimmick
Carry- 6
Stock Tank- 6
Punisher- 6
DPS- 9
Amazing Offensive Support
Decent Defensive Support
Energy Projectile (Punish/DPS)

ZSS, who arguably has the best energy projectile (her dsmash for those of you who are unaware) is of course, an amazing teammate for characters who can abuse said attack. GnW, Lucas, and Ness can all abuse the dsmash to swing entire matches in their favor, so she's always a favorite to team with for those characters.
What is your main's role in a team?

What should your main be doing at any given time?

Does your main have a easy time with any of the following roles:
1. surviving forever
2. killing
3. splitting opponents up
4. 2v1 combat
5. his role in 1v2
6. attacking opponents who are engaging your teammate to open them up
7. racking damage without leaving himself open to the other player
These are what are needed to understand how well ZSS does in teams normally. I can grab samples as well if you need them too ;o. Sorry im such a doubles nut ^^"

So wanna discuss ZSS in teams first then go onto Ness (if people outvote a 3-0 atm)

Janne

Smash Journeyman
I think her role varies depending on her teammate. She's not exactly the best in every category.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yes it is very different for each character. It is how she summarizes as a whole and how she does overall.=x

Plus it is how she does in the roles listed above by Leviatis.

edit: we can get to that another time. We voted Ness so Ness is next. ;3

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think her role varies depending on her teammate. She's not exactly the best in every category.
I disagree. I think ZSS is one of the best DPS characters out there. There are very few teams where she's outclassed in terms of DPS. Snake is the only one I can think of that really has her beat there, but he has her beat in just about every aspect except mobility, so he's more of a carry than a DPS anyway.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Your D3 summary in the OP doesn't show in spoiler. Just thought you should know.
Haha about that ^^". It's still a Work In Progress (W.I.P.) because I have been a bit busy but I am working on it! ;D Thanks for the reminder though ;o

I disagree. I think ZSS is one of the best DPS characters out there. There are very few teams where she's outclassed in terms of DPS. Snake is the only one I can think of that really has her beat there, but he has her beat in just about every aspect except mobility, so he's more of a carry than a DPS anyway.
ZSS is a great DPS ;o. That is more her role in doubles. She is a DPS with mad air control. Having someone who can handle the ground and kill is probably going to be a really good partner for her.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
So technically, she's still not The BEST since Snake beats her. Diddy Kong is arguably the best DPS and subjectively for me even though being ranked with the same DPS score, I think Peach and MK are somehow better at it.

I'm just kidding ph00tbag :p

But I agree with you that she IS one of the best characters in alot of aspects especially DPS. We've got airdodge, forward roll, spotdodge, aerial game, recovery, support, good KO moves, etc :)

@JBandit

Kudos to you J for putting so much effort into this :) Baby Penguin awwwwww :p

Janne

Smash Journeyman
And now to prove that I'm not that completely useless I'll just post this in advance...

:ness2: Ness: Punish Gimmick
SWF Doubles Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270134
Carry- 2
Stock Tank- 5/8
Punisher- 7
DPS- 6
Decent Offensive Support
Great Defensive Support
Moderate Interference
Energy Projectile (Punish/DPS)
Absorber (Defensive)
Not much help on the link Dekar173 linked though. The thread's been dead for over 2 months and it's only three pages but some of them believe that ZSS is one of the best teammates for Ness if not probably the best :)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yay thank you so much Janne. And your not useless! Never say that D;

Alright ill post something on Ness tomorrow most likely. NR get in here >:3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
so sorry for the double post D;

Should we move onto a different character? It seems poor Ness isn't popular whatsoever ;-;

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, we should for the more popular characters or rather the character that's being mained by many members on the forum. Peach and Olimar have alot of people maining them on SWF. If anyone's in favor with either of em, just say so xD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
alright we can do Lucario then ;D ill try and get them in here as fast as i can. ^.^

solecalibur

Smash Master
alright
from what i know of lucario
ZSS is advised to stock tank (lol wut?)

Of course that doesnt mean we should do our fair share of being a DPS as Lucario will be able to provide the kill more likely then not

For team combos
-Lucario's up throw , into Zss' footstool (down b footstool is easier) should enable a jab lock (for lucario) with a dsmash (zss) combo afterwards (theory not 100% sure XD )

When recovering always give lucario more room to recover but also know his recovery as lucarios should know how to aim their Exspeed on stage (or just above you so you can uair them for another recovery)

Lucario does have much better partner options as we do (easier to find a MK or Wario for Lucario then a Zss) , but both characters are both solid in teams as it is in teams (6/10) or (7/10) at best

Top Bottom