• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Stage Discussion and Analysis (SMASHVILLE)

Bandit

Smash Lord
It died in a horrible sakurai related death.

Good thing it is a 3 stock match. :laugh:

This is a horrible horrible stage for Zelda for reasons stated above.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Well it's good for characters that can't move well in small spaces like ZSS <----needs confirmation Pokemon Trainer etc etc

Bandit

Smash Lord
ZSS has tether recovery which means she can hang out on the ledge without problem. The ledge is ridiculous when it comes to killing Zelda: random dins deaths for Zeldas... so awful and you can get caught under the sides.

Gimping off the side is extremely difficult with random ghost platforms. Shy guys can eat sweet spots and leave you to die (I have sweet spotted a shy guy, stalled, and ate an USmash to lose a match... good thing it was a friendly). Just too much randomness that works against us. Plus it has a lot of space off the stage and a tall ceiling. Zelda kills best vertically, but here we would be relying on Dsmash for kills which can be teched if you are in the valley.

Biinii

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i guess i have nothing to add, but one more sad player about Yoshi's Island. FW eating stage, suicide Din at the slopes, sweetspotting shy guys...
Tsc, bad stage.

Villi

Smash Lord
Sorry about the delay. The next stage is Smashville. Editing first post now. I'll get to summarizing this weekend.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I love Smashville. And yes it is the Animal Corssing Stage.

I don't even know why I love Smashville.. I just do.

I use the moving platform to hit people that are on it with lightning kicks and nair. And I can stand on it to retreat while using Din's if I feel like it. The platform can also make recovering less dangerous if it is near you.

You can also Farore's underneath the stage to the other side... but I don't do that much since I haven't really mastered it yet.

And the music is cool...

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
It's aight I guess... I mean I don't like being crowded and I take my time and smashville puts me in close quarters with my enemy. I'm crunched for space. I'm also not a fan of the moving platform. 1) it's too high to smash under it and hit the people on top, I mean you can still jump and nair people but I'm much more of a fan of the platforms on battlefield. 2) I just don't like it because it is moving. I like stationary platforms.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I enjoy the stage but there are moments where the moving platform can throw off my rhythm. At the same time, my opponent has to worry about the same thing so I cannot ever complain about Smashville. Not to mention that the ceiling it pretty low, so very star KO friendly.

Yes, the music is awesome, which leads me to ask, which day is it when the music is different? (K.K. Gumbo, etc)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Saturday night is when KK Slider is there, seriously on Saturday all of your friendlies should be played only on SV lol.

Seriously though, this is a good Zelda stage. Not as good as BF mind you, but good nonetheless. If your opponent knows Zelda and happens to ban BF and LM is a good stage for their character, I wouldn't mind just taking them here. I don't know about Snowman, but I love small stages as Zelda. I like keeping my opponents as close to me as possible. It's also incredibly easy to Teleport Cancel on this stage, so you can move around pretty quickly and not have to worry so much about approach options. The low ceilings are also very Zelda-friendly.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Smashville is the most balanced stage there is. unless you're fighting snake, this stage shouldn't give a benifit to you OR youe foe.

and totakeke is too cool

Bandit

Smash Lord
Even though this stage is moving, you can effectively camp the moving platform. Dtilt beats a lot of aerials or you can simply shield attacks when the platform moves from one side to the other, and you can safely spam dins to force them to attack. I'm not saying this works for every character, but it can create horrible situations for your opponent (Snake and Pit come to mind for characters this does not work on).

Generally, I find this a great stage to end up on as your neutral to start to the match. Sure, I would like to go to battlefield, but I like keeping that as a CP in case I am lost for a stage against a character.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Saturday night is when KK Slider is there, seriously on Saturday all of your friendlies should be played only on SV lol.
I second this.

Anyway, Smashville is okay, as most people have been saying. It definitely seems like the most balanced stage, I can't remember ever picking Smashville for any reason other than it was saturday night. That and Zelda is pretty good at nabbing those balloons with Dins which is always a plus.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I love this stage! I can't really add anything more because it's already been said. She's in the best position when her opponent is on the moving platform and is coming towards her. Anyone on top of Zelda is at a loss ^^

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
You ought to be sweet spotting balloons. :O
It would probably be better to be using your least effective kill move on balloons, that way it resets your kill moves knockback. And Lightning kicks leave you hanging there in the air.

That said,
I always sweetspot lightning kick them. : P it is too good. Everyone should.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Unless your opponent is near and gets you killed >_> <_< The Ballloon is like a Shy Guy in Yoshi's Island ;_; if you hit it, you lag (with all your moves?!?!)

Has happeneds to me at least twice D=

But it should be meaningless anyway ^__^

Villi

Smash Lord
Sometimes I do it when I'm right above my opponent. I'll randomly pop a balloon and stop mid air. It probably wouldn't work on someone who was completely unimpressed or was already in the process of attacking me anyway, but eh. It's something you can do or not.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
the only real gimmick this stage has is the moving platform. know where it is at all times. it can come in handy foravoiding things. I can't tell you the number of times I've been freefalling into a Usmash when I land on the platforn instead.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You can also Farore's underneath the stage to the other side... but I don't do that much since I haven't really mastered it yet.
You know what, i'm going to work on this. I could successfully do it in training mode about 6/10 times. If I mastered the technique, it would help out a lot against Wolf and Marth when i'm on the edge and they're sitting just in fsmash/dtilt range waiting for me to get off the ledge. I have a hard time getting back on the stage with Zelda. The fact that she's floaty usually makes ledgehopping not a smart idea, rolling is never really a good idea, so I usually just use the get-up animation(not the attack) and immediately shield. Naryu's is decent for a ledgehopped attack, but if you miss they get a free smash on you.

Top Bottom