• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Moveset Speculation

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Mocha, your pic is the wrong one, I think something is up on the website, at least while I post this.

Here's an attachment that should have that pic. http://smashboards.com/attachments/untitled-1-png.6006/
That's odd, I took it straight from SmashBros's official site, but ah well, thanks!

Her forward tilt is one of my least favorite moves, so hopefully they'll make some improvements to it this time around.

I don't mind multi-hit moves, but being able to SDI out of them can be a damper at times.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
That's just it. If you take it directly from the site, it changes to the current pic of the day, every day, for the rest of time :chuckle:

Some multi hit moves are better than others (obviously)
Just look at kirby and ness'

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
Ya sadly I see people get out of my multi hit moves all the time
And it gets annoying
They should give her a ness like forward air
That would at least make her able to approach in the air
Or at least have a reliable move
Rather than those not so reliable platinum heels
At least make them as good as in pm
They are good in that game

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I like her multi-hits because it makes her feel special, but yeah, it's so annoying how they don't always connect, so I tend not to use her forward smash a lot.

Her up smash is better in that respect.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
In P:M I have no problem to connect her smashes, I think they might have removed the fact that you can get out of her attacks.

In Brawl, the forward smash tends to miss more than the up one.

In Melee they both kinda suck... But the up smash is still the better option since it covers her and she's supposed to be a defensive character. I know that usually I have to time her forward smash so that only the last hit will connect, and that is both impractical and hard to do.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
In P:M I have no problem to connect her smashes, I think they might have removed the fact that you can get out of her attacks.

In Brawl, the forward smash tends to miss more than the up one.

In Melee they both kinda suck... But the up smash is still the better option since it covers her and she's supposed to be a defensive character. I know that usually I have to time her forward smash so that only the last hit will connect, and that is both impractical and hard to do.
1.MUCH, MUCH harder, but doable
2.IKR
3.It's usually a free escape from either :/

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I think with a bit more speed on her attack Zelda would be so much more efficient... Especially on her up-tilt, that's like my favorite attack of hers.

I didn't know you could escape it on PM as well though, I learned something new today ! Haha. ^^

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
You can't escape P:M zelda multi-hits unless by some weird accident. They're extremely fine tuned to be un-escapable. I mean, they didn't just like change the SDI multiplier, they changed the angles and KBs to be PERFECT. So you shouldn't be escaping them on your own accord.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-hitbox-reference-thread-—-updated-11-9-11-next-upd-11-11.312816/

http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-hitboxes-and-frame-data.339419/

Here are threads containg (top) brawl hitbox data and (bottom) P:M hitbox data and fancy gifs. Edit2; the frame data in the P:M one may be a little... off. Frame speed modifiers are used.

I'mma edit in some pics...

EDIT;

Brawl Fsmash Multi-hits hitframe (All are identical)

Project m Fsmash

I don't have numbers on this one, but just look at the image in comparison. This here is some of what helps make it work right. Also note the tiny hitbox, it's there to help make sure it links in the rare case it happens over there. These are the perks of designing a game yourself.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Thanks. I actually wanted to compare the BKB and BKG along with the tragectories and SDI multipliers though =P

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
BBrawl's Zelda Fsmash wasn't impossible, only VERY difficult to escape from (similar to her Usmash).

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I've never understood this kind of pictures unfortunately, so except for that one little pink hitbox, what are the differences ? And what do the yellow lines mean ?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I've never understood this kind of pictures unfortunately, so except for that one little pink hitbox, what are the differences ? And what do the yellow lines mean ?
Well, the first difference is the fact that the P:M one has a lot less reverse range (Like, the hitboxes reach less behind.) another thing is those lines in the center stand for the hit angles. As you can see Brawl uses upward angles and P:M uses slightly negative angles. The yellow lines actually stand for the priority and 2nd hitbox type. Every hitbox has a type, water, hand, foot, electric, etc. In these pictures the pink with yellow lines means it's Magic/Electric. The fact that they're dashed lines means the hitbox has transcending priority. If it were just normally outlined, it would mean normal priority.

In the brawl pic, the numbers (Such as 80/100) stand for the knockbacks. The first number is the base KB, this is the amount of KB a move does at 0%. The 2nd number stands for KB growth or KB scaling. This acts kind of like a multiplier to the Base KB, that's why moves can knock very short distances at low %s, but kill early, and vice versa. Fixed KB means it simply doesn't knock farther away with % raise.

I hope this helps some. ^ ^

Spire

III
BRoomer
That's very curious. Uploading exclusive screens to facebook. Link is looking so good in these shots too. The lighting on his shield — the Hylian Shield has never looked so good.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, Neutral A, Forward Smash and Neutral Air confirmed!

I still think the Phantom is an AT, but now this pose is ultra-mysterious: it's not the neutral A, nor a taunt. Yet, she does have Sheik's pose on some screen.

My final guess is it's a new animation for Din's fire, as there is no effect on screen.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
They must be making up for the lack of zelda pictures of the day. That's a ton of pictures though!

What's that picture with the feathers?

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it looks like the entrance. Except for the fact that you can't take screenshots before the countdown is done. I guess it depends on how they did that in this game and how they're taking the screenshots.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Oh, lol. Someone actually linked to that old thread. Maybe I should update it sometime (read: never).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, looks like the Phantom isn't a part of her moveset as I originally thought. Never mind.

The picture withe feathers is probably her new entrance animation. Looks neat.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Well, looks like the Phantom isn't a part of her moveset as I originally thought. Never mind.

Exactly. Thank you. The Phantom is nowhere to be found in any of those screenshots.

And yeah, the entrance looks pretty spiffy. I don't get the feathers, though.

Her detail just astounds me. All of her armor shines this time around, the jewels all catch light, her attacks are so much more vivid and, well, magical. Sparkles to me aren't magical.

And we have a lot of moves confirmed.

Neutral A, Nair, Faroe's Wind, Din's Fire, Side tilt, and it's pretty much easy to tell Sheiks making a return, by all those poses she's making, the fact she has her usual specials.

It wouldn't make any sense for her to have 2 OoT spells and not 3, so I'm gonna go ahead and say its a 100% chance she has Nayrus's love.

Faroe's Wind looks amazing, though. I hated that Yellow Ribbon crap.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, there was little doubt in my mind that Zelda was going to be changed considering her moveset, although crappy, is very unique. The screenshots seem to confirm that she has retained a majority of her attacks, if not all of them.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm just gonna Copy and Paste this here:

I'd like to point out this small detail:

We all know that the first one is her jab, and some people, including myself speculated that the whole knight picture that it could also be her jab. Her side smash was confirmed as of today, but note that in her jab her right hand is right at her side and her left hand is fully extended. On the phantom pick, her right hand either seems to be angled at her side or extending backwards while her left hand is only slightly bent.

Now even more speculation to this I suppose since it seems Din's Fire was also confirmed by these pictures...

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps the feathers are a
Song of Soaring reference? Also, where is this video everyone's been referencing?

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675

Sad, but true. I was really hoping that they had changed up her Moveset a little bit this time around, as it seems, no such luck.

That picture was stunning. XD

Perhaps the feathers are a
Song of Soaring reference? Also, where is this video everyone's been referencing?
Take a look at my last post and click the blue Text. XD

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I actually wanted to compare the BKB and BKG along with the tragectories and SDI multipliers though =P
For Zelda's multihits, Brawl/Brawl uses weight dependent set KB (more or less BKB depending on weight), P:M uses plain BKB (same KB regardless of weight). BJN pretty much said all the rest.

They were fine tuned to prevent escapability except in rare circumstances where you hit a stray outstretched limb or whatever causing them to not get sucked in fully. Though inescapable, they have their weak points including easy on hit/block reactions due to stacked hitlag, disadvantageous trades, lag on block/whiff etc. and that's without even factoring in the fine tuning to get them to hit to the same effect as single hit moves. Having them escapable on hit was just an insult on top of that.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Idk if it's been posted here or not because I'm too lazy to read but, we have confirmation of Farore's and Din's and likely Nayru's.
A few ground moves like smash attacks too.
Yes, multiple times. Thanks to Kikwi-kiwi for finding the first new image-set on Facebook confirming Fsmash, NAir, Jab, Farore's Wind, and Din's Fire.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I just realised that the forward tilt may have got a slight range buff.

Zelda is already a character with good priority, but sometimes, I wonder if the character could be better with some more range.

Last edited:

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Cool! I'd love if she had some more range on her Normals and Smashes, but, I have to be that guy: The hit-box may not have extended, just the animation. :I

Top Bottom