• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Moveset Speculation

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Go to Brawl, turn on assist trophies, and have Zelda grab a trophy. As soon as she releases the assist trophy, pause, and observe her animation.
Nope, it's straight up. (Just checked). Pretty sure most characters lift the trophy above their head, anyway.
But, eh, they could have changed it. Sort of looks like the first hit of her Neutral A, just without effects.
Nevertheless, we can't still can't say for sure what's happening. I'm just on the side that thinks an AT.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Zelda's palm-out stance is very reminiscent of her jab in Brawl, though of course without any of the accompanying magic sparkles. The angry face would also go with a normal attack very well.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pretty sure Fuujin was referring to an animation Glitch.
Her Braid seems to be there twice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wouldn't be surprised if the Phantom Knight was a new Forward Smash. Can't see it changing any of her Special attacks. I suppose the assist trophy thing could be a possibility too. But I have my doubts about that.

Well, I rechecked the Dojo, saw all the pictures of each character. I noticed that all character pages show some moves and taunts of their respective characters. There were some funny pictures in each page..... with no use of any sort of assist trophies, or items --- Maybe I missed something but that is what I saw.

Yeah, I think it's a move but hey, Zelda's pretty and I don't care about Sheik and plus, we're not sure which input is needed for it if ever it is confirmed as a move.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My wild speculation:

Up-B: Farore's Wind
Side-B: Din's Fire
Normal B: Nayru's Love
Down-B: Transform into Sheik

Might be too different from Brawl tho

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
My wild speculation:

Up-B: Farore's Wind
Side-B: Din's Fire
Normal B: Nayru's Love
Down-B: Transform into Sheik

Might be too different from Brawl tho
Oh my. Let's not get crazy now, that's almost completely absurd. Next you'll tell me that Peach has returned with her Turnips and Toad.

Jesting aside, I say that her Forward-Smash is the most likely attacked they'd change in favor of The Knight. Simply due to the fact that there isn't anything especially "wrong" with Zelda's current Special Moveset, however, the most complaints stated by the community in regards to her attacks is that her Forward-Smash (and a few other attacks, but let's not get off topic) is lacking. I think that as far as speculation goes, said Smash is the more likely of all her other attacks to be changed.

As a side note, if all of her Smashes are changed to involve The Knights(s), it would most certainly make her look a tad more unique, and would only act as a boon to her playstyle.

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
Ya I hope they due away with her multi hitting smashes
They never connect on a competitive level
But hopefully they fix this this time around
And I hope her grab is better this time too
I have always loved that her grabs each did over 10% each and were pretty strong and her pummel did 2-3% each just that it was hard to grab and opponents broke out fast

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
While the phantom itself isn't really enough to prove that she's having any sort of moveset overhaul (Although it's odd they'd show off an assist trophy on a character page and not with an official reveal), the fact that her pictures seem to show us literally nothing about her moveset suggests that they're hiding something. Seriously, her character page is nothing but her making poses, along with that one picture of the phantom.

So yeah, I think she'll be getting a major overhaul this time around.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
...the fact that her pictures seem to show us literally nothing about her moveset suggests that they're hiding something. Seriously, her character page is nothing but her making poses, along with that one picture of the phantom.

So yeah, I think she'll be getting a major overhaul this time around.
I would like to point that you can see her Nayru's Love in the pic with DK. More importantly, it seems that most character profiles on the website show them in silly poses rather than using attacks.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
It is Nayru's Love. Unless they gave her a move that looked very similar in pose and effect.

Which means that she will most likely be having DIn's Fire and Farore's Wind as well, unless they change that for whatever reason. At least Nayru's Love makes sense as far as her corresponding Triforce piece. It'd be strange if she got only Din's Fire for instance, and not the other two. Oh well, let us hope it doesn't have massive cooldown like it does in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, the Phantom will most likely be the new Down B is my conclusion. And Sheik won't be in the game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So, the Phantom will most likely be the new Down B is my conclusion. And Sheik won't be in the game.
but it DOES seem random

"here have the 3 goddesses as moves"

"and now a phantom"

I'd say it's a standard attack than anything.

Interesting notes about no other character page having an assist trophy!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
but it DOES seem random

"here have the 3 goddesses as moves"

"and now a phantom"

I'd say it's a standard attack than anything.

Interesting notes about no other character page having an assist trophy!
All other pages do mostly show the character's specials however. Aside from Luigi and Olimar (who wouldn't exactly benefit from that either).

Phantom might seem random, but it's still the only playable role Zelda ever assumed.

Doubt such a complex attack would be a standard attack. This isn't Mega Man, and even Mega Man and Villager wouldn't have a summoning attack as their standards. It looks way too complex for anything but a Special. And I doubt Zelda will go fully Marvel vs Capcom by letting a Phantom appear out of nowhere. Think Down B will first summon it, and then the Phantom willl behave as IF an Assist Trophy. Possibly being able to control it yourself when pressing Down B (and it would get the pink eyes).

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Weak Attacks
1:
Short Flash

Strong Attacks
Upward: Protective Sweep
Forward: Mystic Swipe
Downward: Trip

SMASH ATTACKS:
Upward:
Power Sweep
Forward: Shining Palm
Downward: Compass Spin

Dash Attack: Magical Push

Aerial Attacks:
Center:
Magic Spin
Front: Lightning Kick
Back: Reverse Lightning Kick
Up: Condensed Blast
Down: Meteor Heel

Special Attacks
Standard B:
Nayru's Love
Forward B: Din's Fire
Upward B: Farore's Wind
Downward B: Transform

Grapples and Throw Downs
Pummel:
Hex
Front: Levitation
Back: Reverse Levitation
Up: Levitation Launch
Down: Plasma Beat

Just putting this there. It's what I do.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
All other pages do mostly show the character's specials however. Aside from Luigi and Olimar (who wouldn't exactly benefit from that either).

Phantom might seem random, but it's still the only playable role Zelda ever assumed.

Doubt such a complex attack would be a standard attack. This isn't Mega Man, and even Mega Man and Villager wouldn't have a summoning attack as their standards. It looks way too complex for anything but a Special. And I doubt Zelda will go fully Marvel vs Capcom by letting a Phantom appear out of nowhere. Think Down B will first summon it, and then the Phantom willl behave as IF an Assist Trophy. Possibly being able to control it yourself when pressing Down B (and it would get the pink eyes).
what will you do if sheik is confirmed to be in ssb4?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Several characters have only a few photos of them performing moves. I wouldn't read too much into it.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well pics start back in less then 24 hours so maybe we learn something soon

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I honestly don't see Zelda getting good ever, especially if she keeps getting worse and worse each time around. I mean, they did try to improve her slightly in Brawl (notably, they gave her more kill power), but at the same time they made most of her attacks incredibly hard to land (hello lightning kicks) and she's so slow that you can't do much with her.

At this point I expect her to keep the same specials, we'll see if they tweak some of her worst aspects (that freefall after her recovery is simply awful, why can't she change her direction immediately after reappearing ?).

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I want Phantom to be one of her smash attacks , but it bothers me that when Zelda possessed one it had pink eyes but this one doesn't . So I'm not sure if it's part of her moveset .

About the idea that it could an assist trophy , characters in Brawl lift the trophy up , then they point in front of them like they're saying "Attack !!" . So Zelda's animation makes sense , but I have my own concerns about it .

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
About the idea that it could an assist trophy , characters in Brawl lift the trophy up , then they point in front of them like they're saying "Attack !!" . So Zelda's animation makes sense , but I have my own concerns about it .
They also last a while, meaning this could be a few seconds into the AT's summoning and Zelda's doing something else entirely.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Zelda ATTACKS confirmed.

I thought her play style was just going to be cryptic poses and idle animations.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
She astonishes her opponents by showing them all the faces she can make. That's a move set with true potential for high-tier.

And hey! Zelda is Marth now!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Obviously her forward tilt pose, but have you noticed the animation seems more... slash-like? Not as sparkly. And she still looks furious. I'm expecting Zelda to be glaring in almost all her attacks xD

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
The old tilt was a weak version of the fsmash with one hand as opposed to two. At least there's no multi hit on it this time.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i dont use her tilts much either, they are slow and have a bit of start up lag and ending lag. except for down tilt.

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't realize "tilts" were officially called "strong attacks". I was depressed this morning when I thought they changed her f-smash. I main Zelda too, but rarely use her f-tilt. This variant looks like it might have more knock-back. So that is always good. I like what they are doing with her so far, I am worried that Phantom is going to replace Din's Fire, that is one of her more valuable tools in my opinion.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Phantom is probably an AT, but would be an amazing Forward Smash.

Zelda needs one-hit powerful attacks, not multiple hitting ones.
The Phantom could also double as a defensive maneuver, absorbing attacks.
This change would re-enforce her good ground game.

Morbi

Scavenger
Phantom is probably an AT, but would be an amazing Forward Smash.

Zelda needs one-hit powerful attacks, not multiple hitting ones.
The Phantom could also double as a defensive maneuver, absorbing attacks.
This change would re-enforce her good ground game.
I actually enjoy the multiple hitting attacks, it makes her feel completely different from most of the cast. Phantom would be a badass F-Smash though.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
I actually enjoy the multiple hitting attacks, it makes her feel completely different from most of the cast. Phantom would be a badass F-Smash though.
Yeah, the magic multi-hits kind of define Zelda as a magic user. It wouldn't have quite the same effect if it were just a swipe, it needs to have flare.

That being said, it's still not very effective as an attack. Also, the phantom is simply too big to appear out of nowhere for a simple fsmash. Spamming that would look horrible >.<

Top Bottom