• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Moveset Speculation

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I hope it's faster too. The move was too predictable. BUT, on someone who must use his B-Up to get back on the stage, it can be deadly now, I guess.

Zelda characters needs buffs. And Melee's physics :troll:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Shameless cross post

ok

okokok

I am so ****ing mad right now

no sakurai, the move did not need to be stronger

the move did not need to be bigger

It did not need to do more damage

It needed to not be channeled in a game where NO VIABLE CHARACTER HAS CHANNELED MOVES

eDIT: ****ing hell i am going to zelda final smash sakurai

Edit 2:

Me irl right now:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Shameless cross post
I think this buff could come in handy though, as the believed to be restored hitstun length will allow it to be used to end a combo, or start one at midrange.

Still crossing my fingers for that no freefall buff. > , <

Last edited:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
You can't make them "fall" if you don't sweetspot it. Are we taking this to mean that you can't do major knockback without sweetspotting it, or does it now act as a meteor smash?

FujintalksboutDin'sFire

Banned via Administration
While it is nice that Sakurai is trying to buff Din's.
It really didn't need more knockback or to "make them fall" (unless he means it spikes???).
It needs better frame data and speed.

But this is the 3rd time designing the move, so I have faith in them.
3rd times the charm!

I think this buff could come in handy though, as the believed to be restored hitstun length will allow it to be used to end a combo, or start one at midrange.

Still crossing my fingers for that no freefall buff. > , <
Crossing my fingers for less than 500 frames of ending lag.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
So phantom knight, cool, now that sheik is seperate she actually has a chance at being a decent character

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

After remembering this image existed, I decided to go do some research on this "pose"

When I tested many moves that moved like this in Brawl, I ended up discovering this pose almost entirely matches a frame of, you guessed it, Nayru's Love.

I think a lot of us believed this image was Nayru's love, and expected that Nayru would return, but I can confirm that at some time at least, they're using the same Brawl/Melee Nayru design. Since Sakurai said the game is still in development, I'm hoping he's developing this one with a lot more thought. > _ >

Note, this "pose" in the pic is actually mid-crystal sparkle. They seem to have not added the visual in at the time of this pic.

I still can't figure what this image is though, I think it may be linked to a new animation (AKA, likely phantom. I think, the start up animation.)

EDIT; Oh yeah, this image is in fact, part of the ending animation of Phantom Slash.

So it looks like there IS an image of Phantom Slash being used in the 3ds version. :troll:

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

After remembering this image existed, I decided to go do some research on this "pose"

When I tested many moves that moved like this in Brawl, I ended up discovering this pose almost entirely matches a frame of, you guessed it, Nayru's Love.

I think a lot of us believed this image was Nayru's love, and expected that Nayru would return, but I can confirm that at some time at least, they're using the same Brawl/Melee Nayru design. Since Sakurai said the game is still in development, I'm hoping he's developing this one with a lot more thought. > _ >

Note, this "pose" in the pic is actually mid-crystal sparkle. They seem to have not added the visual in at the time of this pic.

I still can't figure what this image is though, I think it may be linked to a new animation (AKA, likely phantom. I think, the start up animation.)

EDIT; Oh yeah, this image is in fact, part of the ending animation of Phantom Slash.

So it looks like there IS an image of Phantom Slash being used in the 3ds version. :troll:

Nice find!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I want her to become a more fluid fighter and less of a hit & run fighter.
A change in her Utilt and Ftilt (maybe her Jab as well) could help with that.
Also, a little faster running speed.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I want her to become a more fluid fighter and less of a hit & run fighter.
A change in her Utilt and Ftilt (maybe her Jab as well) could help with that.
Also, a little faster running speed.
Hmm... I would personally love to see Zelda as a fully realized zoning/long-ranged character. She already has most of what she needs, but she lacks a few of the key components that would make her truly effective: Strong long-ranged options (may have been fixed thanks to the boost to Din's Fire and the addition of Phantom Knight), a good way of keeping the opponent away and controlling the pace of the match, and being able to combo the opponent from a distance. She's also missing a fast projectile to quickly rack up damage, but that's forgivable.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
If Din's Fire wasn't so slow and laggy, she would definitely be more fierce. And I often find myself annoyed at the fact that you can basically cancel her attack if you time one of your own aerial attack so it can clash with the fire. It's already pretty easy to dodge but if you can just clank with it, it's even worse.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
If Din's Fire wasn't so slow and laggy, she would definitely be more fierce. And I often find myself annoyed at the fact that you can basically cancel her attack if you time one of your own aerial attack so it can clash with the fire. It's already pretty easy to dodge but if you can just clank with it, it's even worse.
You referring to Project M?

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Hmm... It would be nice if Din's Fire had a hit box before the initial explosion. If it did damage and had a bit of push-back while travelling, I think that would solve most of the problems Zelda has... in terms of long-range, at least.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Hmm... It would be nice if Din's Fire had a hit box before the initial explosion. If it did damage and had a bit of push-back while travelling, I think that would solve most of the problems Zelda has... in terms of long-range, at least.
Doubtful about that, but it make for a nice two hit combo, the fireball, then it exploding.

Really excited about the "core" buff it was given.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Really excited about the "core" buff it was given.
Me too. I hope it's really powerful.
(And less likely, but still crossing my fingers that this hitbox has transcending priority. AKA, cannot be cancelled out be other attacks.)

I guess this is something people will have to "test" when they can play the demo.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Me too. I hope it's really powerful.
(And less likely, but still crossing my fingers that this hitbox has transcending priority. AKA, cannot be cancelled out be other attacks.)

I guess this is something people will have to "test" when they can play the demo.
I'm just hoping it has a spike hitbox. That would be amazing.

Top Bottom