• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's model yay or nay?

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
That's years away.
It looks more like a combination of the SS and TP designs, more realistic like TP but with brighter, more vibrant colors which are reminiscent of SS. However, I think they made Link's model look more like TP because it shows more of what the Wii U is capable of in terms of graphics. SS gave a more stylistic approach to it's graphics which, while beautiful, didn't show a lot of graphical power.
Of course, there's always alt costumes.
Actually, it isn't. The plans were originally 2014, but considering Aonuma postponed comments on it till E3 2014, I would think it would come out sometime in 2015. It was being developed alongside Wind Waker HD and I think a Link Between Worlds.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Actually, it isn't. The plans were originally 2014, but considering Sakurai postponed comments on it till E3 2014, I would think it would come out sometime in 2015. It was being developed alongside Wind Waker HD and I think a Link Between Worlds.
Since when did Sakurai make Zelda games? Also, you just said 2015. And I posted in 2013. So, years.

Regardless, it hasn't been shown yet. So, I doubt Sakurai would use a Link model from a Zelda game that hasn't been shown to the public yet.

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
Since when did Sakurai make Zelda games? Also, you just said 2015. And I posted in 2013. So, years.

Regardless, it hasn't been shown yet. So, I doubt Sakurai would use a Link model from a Zelda game that hasn't been shown to the public yet.
Aw shucks, I messed up, meant Aonuma. You could be right, in fact I kinda hope you're right since I'm hoping for a Zelda game in the Adult Timeline, not the Child one. But there has been some rumors about a TP sequel and the tech demo showed a more TP style link. However, 2000 tech demo also showed such teasing things. . .

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Zelda comparison.jpg

Why is everyone saying this is twilight princess zelda, In twilight princess her nose is far more narrow.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, it's the only screenshot where her nose looks a bit strange.

On other screens, it's more TP-ish.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
^Yes, but thats been 'her generic' dress style. Since OoT.
The dress's design is the same. The shape of the eyes is the same. The color of the hair is the same. Every detail matches. Therefore, it's the same design. This ain't rocket science.

Does this...

... look the same as this?

I think not.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
^Same idea, though. Twilight princess' gown just looks more updated.
It just generic Zelda regalia, to make her look princess(y) as opposed to her
Skyward sword civilian clothing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
^Same idea, though. Twilight princess' gown just looks more updated.
It just generic Zelda regalia, to make her look princess(y) as opposed to her
Skyward sword civilian clothing.
As I said, Zelda in SSB4 is based off her Twilight Princess. She has a few tweaks, such as more expressiveness and more saturated colors, but otherwise, it's the same dress as Twilight Princess.

I see you noted similarities between TP Zelda and SS Zelda. The fact that SSB4 Zelda is more expressive than in Twilight Princess makes her resemble her Skyward Sword incarnation.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I meant her side profile, and its because her nose is shaped that way..not because of colours and all that..

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's TP Zelda.

Are you trying to argue that it's SS Zelda because her nose looks the same?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well then yes, I could agree with that. In fact that's what I've thought all SSB Zelda's were.

I mean, TP Zelda could never Transform into Sheik, so why not? :>

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
^ No, She is the lamest Zelda ever, the only thing she has is that she looks nice.
She has about as much character as the zelda from 4 swords adventures.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
^ No, She is the lamest Zelda ever, the only thing she has is that she looks nice.
She has about as much character as the zelda from 4 swords adventures.
Yet she sacrifices herself in the game when she realizes Minda is vital and their only hope, giving Minda her own soul, making her the first Zelda and only Zelda to make such a pure humble decision. She's also one of the few Zelda's who didn't trick Link into getting involved in affairs that were her own.

The fact she gave her own life for another stands out to me from other Zeldas. She also hands over her throne in order to secure her people's safety.

So no, I'd say she's not lame.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Yet she sacrifices herself in the game when she realizes Minda is vital and their only hope, giving Minda her own soul, making her the first Zelda and only Zelda to make such a pure humble decision. She's also one of the few Zelda's who didn't trick Link into getting involved in affairs that were her own.

The fact she gave her own life for another stands out to me from other Zeldas. She also hands over her throne in order to secure her people's safety.

So no, I'd say she's not lame.
Wow, so she sacrifices herself only to come back to life at the very end, very honourable.
And she did get Link all involved in her affairs because she is a horrible ruler in that game and the only thing she does is drop a sword on the ground in slow motion to surrender her kingdom. She does not stand out at all, in fact she is probably one of the most forgettable and useless incarnations of Zelda.

OoT Zelda, SS Zelda, LBW Zelda, LTTP Zelda are all better choices of what represents Zelda's character as a whole as opposed to a depressed girl waiting in a tower. The only thing I'll lend to TP Zelda is that she looks nice aesthetically, but that's not saying much because the other incarnations aren't ugly either.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Wow, so she sacrifices herself only to come back to life at the very end, very honourable.
And she did get Link all involved in her affairs because she is a horrible ruler in that game and the only thing she does is drop a sword on the ground in slow motion to surrender her kingdom. She does not stand out at all, in fact she is probably one of the most forgettable and useless incarnations of Zelda.

OoT Zelda, SS Zelda, LBW Zelda, LTTP Zelda are all better choices of what represents Zelda's character as a whole as opposed to a depressed girl waiting in a tower. The only thing I'll lend to TP Zelda is that she looks nice aesthetically, but that's not saying much because the other incarnations aren't ugly either.
Did you play the game at all? No. Zelda does not sacrifice herself with the intention that she'll be revived. That moment in the game is critically acclaimed everywhere as one of the most tender moments in the series.

"Zelda was the young matriarch of Hyrule until its invasion by Zant, the Twilight King, to whom she surrendered in order to prevent the death of her people. Subsequently, she is imprisoned inside a tower in Hyrule Castle, although unlike her people, she does not become a spirit under the influence of the Twilight (possibly due to her implied possession of the Triforce of Wisdom). It is here that she meets Link, transformed into a wolf by the Twilight's power. Later, she expends all of her power, even losing her physical form, in order to save a dying Midna."

And Zelda does fight with Link at then end of the game, just as usual. She isn't as shown of in the game as much as other Zeldas, but she does represent Zelda better than any other, not only due to her appearance, but because of the sacrifices she made. She may have seemed passive, but she still did was best for her people, and was shown to care more for others than herself. Her selflessness is what makes her a better representation.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

When I think of Zelda, I think of a regal queen. And that's probably how Sakurai sees it. And TP Zelda is best to represent that: a regal, humble, royal queen. OoT and TP are the best for that, and TP just did better.

SS, LbW, and ALttP are too childish for Zelda. They needed an adult Zelda, so they added her OoT design in Melee. To fit the realistic style of Brawl, they added TP of course. As for this one, Zelda probably just looks best as TP in HD.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
When I think of Zelda, I think of a regal queen. And that's probably how Sakurai sees it. And TP Zelda is best to represent that: a regal, humble, royal queen. OoT and TP are the best for that, and TP just did better.

SS, LbW, and ALttP are too childish for Zelda. They needed an adult Zelda, so they added her OoT design in Melee. To fit the realistic style of Brawl, they added TP of course. As for this one, Zelda probably just looks best as TP in HD.
Right on the nose.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
SS, LbW, and ALttP are too childish for Zelda.
Well she has been mostly a young girl throughout the series just like Link has been mostly a young boy so I'm not too surprised there.... in fact if they really wanted to represent Zelda the best then giving her a royal princess depiction instead of a "regal queen" would have actually been the most ideal. But I guess that's just my opinion.

I think the ALttP/ALBW design would have suited her really well and just fine in my opinion.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well she has been mostly a young girl throughout the series just like Link has been mostly a young boy so I'm not too surprised there.... in fact if they really wanted to represent Zelda the best then giving her a royal princess depiction instead of a "regal queen" would have actually been the most ideal. But I guess that's just my opinion.

I think the ALttP design would have suited her really well and just fine in my opinion.
Fair enough.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Her name is PRINCESS Zelda for a reason, Js.
..and she's only an adult in like two games.
Idk I'm just disappointed in this design.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
and always missing, she was a better shot in the wind waker, and spirit tracks.
LOL, Damn that Zelda for being bad at shooting arrows while standing on horseback, compared to the other Zeldas who were stationary during the battle

And her name isn't Princess Zelda. She is Zelda. It's the legend of Zelda, not the legend of Princess Zelda.

Also, be careful with double posting here. You can be infracted for that.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
^How can you say that when she's been Princess Zelda for every game except Skyward Sword!
Because I'm not arguing her roles, I'm telling you her NAME is Zelda.

She was also the matriarch in Twilight Princess, so that's two games.

Also in the Ssbb official booklet, she is referred to as the Queen of Hyrule. Look it up. So in the Smash Bros universe she's considered Queen Zelda.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Princess isn't really a name either :troll:

But beside, the Zelda in Smash is... the Smash Zelda. The one with lightning kicks and borrowing Link's OoT spells. With the Twilight Princess look. You know, the most detailled princess dress.

If the noses are the same (:troll:), we can expect a SS outfit.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
^ Quite the troll

and to the other guy/girl In Twilight Princess she was a princess, it was before her coronation.
Princess Peach is the matriarch of her kingdom, still maintains the 'Princess' title.

Zelda is not a Queen….

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Not a troll (even with the trollfaces), just here to have a good time and some fun. No need to be too serious.

About the fact Zelda is said to be a Queen in the SSBB manual, I guess it's just a translation error, the french book state "Princess".

Although she still IS the Princess of Hyrule in TP, she was soon to be crowned. So it's not too farfetched to say she is right after TP. Like, probably, a lot of Zeldas in fact.

And Queen, Princess, Skyloft Villager, who cares? She is Zelda and she is gorgeous.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
^ Quite the troll

and to the other guy/girl In Twilight Princess she was a princess, it was before her coronation.
Princess Peach is the matriarch of her kingdom, still maintains the 'Princess' title.

Zelda is not a Queen….

Once again, the SUPER SMASH BROTHERS Zelda is the Queen of Hyrule. Its in the official game booklet.

Even though in Twilight Princess it wasn't her official title, its still obvious.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Once again, the SUPER SMASH BROTHERS Zelda is the Queen of Hyrule. Its in the official game booklet.

Even though in Twilight Princess it wasn't her official title, its still obvious.
Again, I guess it's only a translation error, as the french booklet says she is the Princess of Hyrule.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
She looks elegant and determined. I love her Twilight Princess design. I always thought it suited Zelda the best. Long live the Queen!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Princess isn't really a name either :troll:

But beside, the Zelda in Smash is... the Smash Zelda. The one with lightning kicks and borrowing Link's OoT spells. With the Twilight Princess look. You know, the most detailled princess dress.

If the noses are the same (:troll:), we can expect a SS outfit.
Dunno, I feel her A Link to the Past outfit is kind of more detailed than her Twilight Princess one.

Top Bottom