• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's model yay or nay?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The eyes make her look a bit tougher, but overall the detail is great. Her gloves and hair look great.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
yay.
she looks incredible in brighter colors and a fierce countenance.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This new look Zelda is both beautiful and badass at the same time... She actually reminds me of Zamus in terms of her new persona... They both give off that "sexy yet fierce" vibe, which is appropriate considering she isn't one of those helpless princesses we're accustomed to seeing. She's a warrior in her own right.

How could anyone not like this?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I kind of like the new design, the twilight princess look I never thought was too bad and the brighter colors make her look less dull compared to how she looked in Brawl.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
yep.... the HD Revampness of all the characters makes them more appealing

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Zelda looks fantastic. I'm very relieved that Sakurai chose to keep her excellent TP look. The elegant adult warrior princess fits Smash far better than the cartoonish child of Skyward Sword.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Zelda looks great! The right mix of elegance, poise, and power.

I never liked the moody and dark colors of Twilight Princess, so seeing Zelda's design being brightened is wonderful!

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Yay 100%.

Zelda is the most regal character in this game, and this model does her justice. She is a reincarnation of the goddess, Hylia. This is why the Twilight Princess model has always been my favorite. I'm not being biased, but Twilight Princess is my favorite Legend of Zelda game. The purple gives her that royal touch, and the brown hair makes her look darker/gothic and tougher, which is exactly who she is. She is fierce, she is a warrior, and she is regal. Smash Bros is a lighter game, so of course they're gonna brighten her up a bit, but it works, and honestly, makes her look 100 times better. That pink dress and blonde hair **** ain't gonna cut it.

I was so scared they were going to use her Skyward Sword model. I loathe the way she looks in that game. Her nose looked stupid, her hair looked stupid, her dress looked stupid, everything about her just looked dumb. Twilight Princess was definitely the way to go.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
She had a much edgier, tougher vibe. Her head is also noticeably is also noticeably smaller.

And did anyone see the similarities in these two characters?

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I hope that the OoT Zelda had the appearance of OoT rather than be TP Zelda with blond hair.

I also hope that Zelda gets an additional palette change with modified clothing to make her look like Hilda.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice

I believed in Zelda Deschanel,
but Sakurai did not.
If I had tears left to shed.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I say yay, in Brawl she was incredibly detailed, but in Smash4 she got every detail reworked and made to shine even more.

Gorgeous yet strong yet delicate yet fearsome.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I would prefer some emotion but hey when you are almost sealed into different dimensions, trapped in crystals, and have to live a large portion of your life in hiding as a guy i don't think i would be happy about much either

D

Deleted member

I love it.
Zelda looks beautiful, yet very tough at the same time.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Yay, Zelda makes her appearance. ^_^ She looks awesome as always, but...*hides behind shield* it would've been interesting to play as her SS self too...

Regardless, I'm glad she's in.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Once again, Zelda's new model looks crisp like the rest of the cast. It notice that some of her facial accents and jewelry are sharper, for one. Her brooches and jewelry stands out more. But her Twilight Princess model seems a bit odd to carry over. But with Link having some sort of Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time amalgamation, I suppose it isn't all that strange.

Dat left pauldron! ;w;

Also, when you see WFT, you'll **** bricks.

Spire

III
BRoomer
But with Link having some sort of Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time amalgamation
Could you please explain this? Beyond the obvious resemblances (green tunic, blondish hair, blue eyes, Master Sword, Hylian Shield, brown leather gear), I see nothing that suggests SSB4 Link is an amalgamation of previous Links. To me, he is an evolution of Brawl Link, which was 100% based on TP Link. As such, when selecting Link incarnations from The Legend of Zelda, he only resembles TP Link. There are defined differences between OoT, TP, and SS Link and if necessary, I could point them all out to you.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Spire said:
As such, when selecting Link incarnations from The Legend of Zelda, he only resembles TP Link. There are defined differences between OoT, TP, and SS Link and if necessary, I could point them all out to you.
I can't help but shake the feeling that you explained this condescendingly.

I know the distinct differences between each incarnation too. No need to explain the differences between each. Hmmm, I would put it that SSB4's Link does resemble TP Link the most. Some people have pointed out little accents. Take SS for instance, his leggings being slightly puffy and his hair having a chesnut color.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The word spread quickly
Speculation was heated
it's quite a moment

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
She looks super awesome. I'm glad Sakurai didn't go with the SS design.

Top Bottom