• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Forums dead?

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
Not a clue on what.

She's kind of a depressing character, they did no justice to any of hte Legend of Zelda characters

How well do you think she fits in melee?

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
Ganon barely makes it IMO, they're all slow and ineffective in some way. Ganon somehow ended up a clone of Capt. Falcon.

It's a shame Zelda cannot cope with pressure from spacies, her recovery whats up with the end lag and being frozen in place?

I don't want to complain all about her though, she does have a unique moveset from all the cast :]

Zantetsu

Smash Master
There's plenty of reason to complain, my good sir. I dont play her well at all but she is definently my low tier. More fun then the others. Mostly because I like trying to sweetspot her fairs and dairs lol

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
Haha yeah, I don't play with her often but I love the challenge when I do. I have trouble with that sweetspot lol

I hope Project M's Zelda will do justice to her.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, me and maxwell were the only Genesis 2 zeldas I guess (and I didn't get to enter). It would've been awesome to see some of you other guys too 'cause zelda mains are hard to find.

Sorry i didn't get to play you sunday night maxwell. I really wanted to but we showed up to denny's too late and there was a long wait. We went back to your room for a while and waited with the brawl players but ended up heading home after an hour or so

Sidenote: Zelda is amazing in the latest build of Project M. It's finally to a point where it feels like melee too.

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could've went to Genesis 2 but sadly I live all the way across the country.

NYC.

Project M's Zelda is going to be beast. One thing though I found out is that you could 'hit' her Din's fire, so I don't know how badly thats going to effect her zoning game.

How long have you mained Zelda?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I've mained zelda off an on for 5 years lmao. I've only taken this game remotely seriously for about 2 though (since genesis 1)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, fighting against a good fox player usually doesn't end well so I'll switch characters after the first game. There are always a few good players that simply don't know how to abuse a match up like that though and in those cases you can abuse the few tricks that zelda has up her sleeve

I'd personally rather fight a fox than a sheik though

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
Oh why is that? (Fox over Shreik)

and I find it really a shame that us low tiers are forced practically to switch characters :\

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah there are still zelda mains around. There was pretty good activity here a few months ago but it completely died and then everyone stopped posting here. I too forgot to ever check the zelda boards until genesis 2 hit.

The reason I prefer fighting a fox over a sheik though is because fox is gimpable, whereas sheik really isn't. You can combo fox (even if it's hard to get that first hit in) and if you get him offstage you can kill him. Sheik can't be comboed at all really and her recovery options are pretty safe

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
zelda isn't really about combos. sometimes u can get like a 2 or 3 hit string, but if you're looking for combos in some untapped low tier metagame you're looking at the wrong character

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah sorry I use to be probably the most active zelda chatter in these boards but Starcraft and mortal kombat consume my life. I don't even touch smash anymore :/

I even completely forgot about genesis this month til just now

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I keep Zelda as a pretty regular secondary, right under Peach/Fox. I've been meaning to come in here and learn things, but...it's easy to forget about this place.

*sigh*

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know Zelda isn't combo centered lol.

@Ness and Yoshi Boards. Hai.

Lol it is easy to forget since there's nothing going on.

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad we ran into each other GK infinity. It's good to see another Zelda main. I'm very active in Minnesota, and now I'm finally starting to travel, so Cosmo won't be the only active Zelda around in the midwest. With only a year of experience under my belt I'm gonna try my hardest to catch up.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I co main Zelda and Peach in Melee, but mostly use Zelda (I'm a mid and low tier *****).

But yeah, only reason I even use Peach is because I just like her. I've always loved her in the Mario series even though she doesn't say more than 10 different words throughout the games. And in addition to that, I understand her as a character super well.

I main Zelda because of the extreme effort you put into her to win. I've been serious about Melee for about 4 months now, but I used to play waaaaay back in the day when I was younger. Didn't know **** about competitive play or techs, but finally got back into it after being introduced to competitive brawl.

So as of now, I'm trying to play both games competitively in addition to SSFIV AE(Main El Fuerte and Viper) and Tekken(My best game. Main Xiaoyu, King, Armor King, and Anna).

So yeh. I have no idea why I typed out a bio for ya'll. But yeh, growing Zelda main here. Nice to meet you all. :3

:peach:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So maybe we can revive the boards a little bit. I'd be crestfallen to see this look like the G&W or Pichu boards. Respect to Yoshi mains, though.

I dunno why, but I find that Zelda and Peach seem to go hand in hand, for a lot of people. Way before I had the balls to use someone as technical as Fox, I was a Peach/Zelda "main."

*waves*

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
enh.. pichu boards get more posts a day than these... at least at the moment...
and we would have more posts if icg wasn't banned.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I actually used peach for a while before I switched to zelda. They're both floaty so they're pretty similar in that respect.

Whatever happened to ICG though? I know he got banned a long time ago, I just never found out why (and I'm too lazy to do any thread searching to find out what happened)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Oh it was a couple of things leading up to it, he'd been warned and suspended a couple of times I guess, but the topic that got him banned was one discussing blood fetishes (He told me that a friend of his had one or something, I forget).

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Oh it was a couple of things leading up to it, he'd been warned and suspended a couple of times I guess, but the topic that got him banned was one discussing blood fetishes (He told me that a friend of his had one or something, I forget).

Wow, I guess. lol

Btw, my city is hosting a small Melee tourney and it's gonna be livestreamed. I'll try to link you all to it n' stuff. I should be going Zelda at least some of the matches. As of now though, I'm still trying to get down all my L-canceling with Peach to a "T".

:peach:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
L-canceling with Peach?
Do you mean float canceling? That is, at least, a much better option than L-canceling.

And the Pichu boards do get more posts. That's right.

:|

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I mean L-cancelling is necessary for peach in some situations but float cancelling is much more important

The zelda boards = random discussions about characters other than zelda

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Zelda is bad.

The end.

But really, um...Pichu is really small, so it doesn't matter. It's rather hard to hit Pichu with bairs/fairs OoS. Other than that, just be careful, I guess...

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
So yeah, I just decided that I'm going to name my daughter zelda and put her through years of martial arts training. Then when she's old enough I'll have her put on a dress and go around kicking people while wearing some custom shoes that have modified tasers in them.

Teaching her how to teleport away to safety will be necessary too. That'll be a slightly more difficult task though

Top Bottom