• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Forums dead?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So yeah, I just decided that I'm going to name my daughter zelda and put her through years of martial arts training. Then when she's old enough I'll have her put on a dress and go around kicking people while wearing some custom shoes that have modified tasers in them.

Teaching her how to teleport away to safety will be necessary too. That'll be a slightly more difficult task though
That was hilarious. Zelda is actually a really cool name. I think Nintendo got the idea from F. Scott Fitzgerald's wife's name...? I don't know the origin, though. Your future daughter sounds pretty cool already, though...

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
teleportation isn't that hard... me and my friend already designed one (like and hour ago), its just really uncomfortable. basically, you shove this cylinder up your *** and press a button and it starts vibrating (in order to build up energy) and then teleports you into the realm of Cthulhu who makes you witness 1000 years of pain and ***** your eye sockets before spitting you out at destination of your choice (at any point in space and time).

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
L-canceling with Peach?
Do you mean float canceling? That is, at least, a much better option than L-canceling.

And the Pichu boards do get more posts. That's right.

:|
Yeah I mean L-cancelling is necessary for peach in some situations but float cancelling is much more important

The zelda boards = random discussions about characters other than zelda
Well, I mean I already have my float canceling down with Peach. But for the situations that I should be L canceling is what I'm trying to get down solidly.

:peach:

And sry for the Peach discussion. My fault, anyway.

But s'okay! I've mastered Zelda's flash kick spacing. I can nail it in matches pretty much almost all the time.

:zelda:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, I mean I already have my float canceling down with Peach. But for the situations that I should be L canceling is what I'm trying to get down solidly.

:peach:

And sry for the Peach discussion. My fault, anyway.

But s'okay! I've mastered Zelda's flash kick spacing. I can nail it in matches pretty much almost all the time.

:zelda:
Oh yeah, I see. There are instances where L-canceling is good (usually when you can't float cancel). It still feels weird to me when I L-cancel with her, though.

@AesirGod: Uh, okay.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
does a floating downsmash mean you can also move back and forth while the move is going on?

Right now i'm picturing mk's neutral B... except in melee with peach...

lol it'd be an amazing edge guard >_>

D

Deleted member

sure. change the character so she has more than 3 moves or performs well in a tournament and then we'll have stuff to talk about.

TheLake

Smash Master
Aight i gotta plan....

Lets discuss somthing

liike stages

I like FOD, Yoshis and battlefield...

OK GOGOGOGOGOGO!!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yoshi's and FoD are good. Low % kills

Dreamland is nice because it's one of those stages where you can survive forever. That's true for FD as well but I prefer stages with platforms

Battlefield is honestly just a really neutral stage and I like it with pretty much any character

I'm honestly not really a fan of any of the CP stages because almost all the old CP stages have been banned in west coast tournaments for a long time now. They're just stages I don't play on much. Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar are pretty fun though

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I wish Jungle Japes would come in as a counterpick. Anyways...

I like Yoshi's, FD, and Battlefield, as a Zelda that likes it close. Dreamland gives them too much space to camp me, I feel. I just have a personal hatred for FoD, no matter who I am.

I actually kinda like KJ64, too.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah Dreamland's only a good stage against characters that can't projectile camp you, like marth for example

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I wish Jungle Japes would come in as a counterpick.
uhm... because you're stupid?

I like Yoshi's, FD, and Battlefield, as a Zelda that likes it close. Dreamland gives them too much space to camp me, I feel. I just have a personal hatred for FoD, no matter who I am.
i shall now always cp FoD against you.

I actually kinda like KJ64, too.
stage is ********. how do you complain about camping on dreamland then like kj64?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
uhm... because you're stupid?

i shall now always cp FoD against you.

stage is ********. how do you complain about camping on dreamland then like kj64?
Actually, this weekend, I realized that Jungle Japes can stay banned. Not a fan of the clap trap anymore, and I don't care to learn the timing.

And I just happen to like KJ64 a little more than Dreamland. For some reason, I don't feel like it's a stage that is as conducive to camping as DL64. So...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
A stage is what you make it. If campy never existed, KJ64 wouldn't be considered a campy stage. The way people decide to play on a stage/are able to play on a stage decides how it is perceived.

*shrug* I dunno. I guess I just like KJ64 more than Dreamland. But I don't really camp hard, either.

soju

SD God

uhm... Pink Shinobi vs Rockcrock
A peach known to be very campy vs. A ganon who made quite a few mistakes- hmmm i would think that any stage would be relatively campy in that situation let alone a big stage with high platforms where ganon cannot reach. Yeah it's a relatively campy stage, but as the post above me said, it's all how you make it. I believe if Rockcrock whipped out his falcon it might have been a lot different but i believe the outcome would still have been the same.

Plus stop hating on Jungle Japes, its an amazing stage for pichu because its so easy to gimp people into the water and her recovery has so much versatility >:/

soju

SD God
I'm mad that I got so hype about a set with a peach. . . let alone facing zelda. . .damn i love this game

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Plus stop hating on Jungle Japes, its an amazing stage for pichu because its so easy to gimp people into the water and her recovery has so much versatility >:/
not when you play against a falco all the time... Stage is gehy.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
^ This is true.

Also, I think Zelda handles that MU rather well. I think it's our best high tier matchup. (Though it's probably 65:35 or something...)

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Even if they SDI, it's usually not punishable by Falco though. Well, maybe he can f-tilt you, but it depends on how early he gets the SDI.

Top Bottom