• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I don't know it looked like a serious case of man stealing.

That or whoever makes those pictures seriously ships Zelink and wants an angsty love triangle between BFF's Zelda and Peach with a sexy blond boy stuck in the middle (Link). Or something like that, I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere.
Can I just say how much I love Zelda's dress this time around? It's so shiny and smooth!
OMG look where Peach's hand is touching! Poor Mario. Oh well, Zelda will be with Male Robin and BFF with Female Robin now :p.

I also love how shiny her dress is this time around.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
OMG look where Peach's hand is touching! Poor Mario. Oh well, Zelda will be with Male Robin and BFF with Female Robin now :p.

I also love how shiny her dress is this time around.
I'm not much of a shipper for Zelda.
As much as I love Zelda's dress I still laugh at cases like this:

Look at that shoulder armor, what's even happening here?

She's so pissed and unhappy, I would be too if my armor was pinning down my hair.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'm not much of a shipper for Zelda.
As much as I love Zelda's dress I still laugh at cases like this:

Look at that shoulder armor, what's even happening here?

She's so pissed and unhappy, I would be too if my armor was pinning down my hair.
Yesss xD.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I think in one of the few people who would prefer her OoT look over her SS look. I've always disliked her SS look, it's the worst design Zelda has had, in my opinion. But I guess it would be cool to see ANY alt, so I won't be complaining if we get the SS alt.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I think in one of the few people who would prefer her OoT look over her SS look. I've always disliked her SS look, it's the worst design Zelda has had, in my opinion. But I guess it would be cool to see ANY alt, so I won't be complaining if we get the SS alt.
SSB4_-_Zelda_Screen-32.jpg

I think you've got it wrong.....

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
View attachment 18531

I think you've got it wrong.....
It's a matter of opinion. Obviously SS has superior graphics, but how she looked in melee, to me, looks better than How she looked in SS. In SS, her face reminds me too much of a little boy I babysit, so to me she looks like a 5 year old boy with a wig lol. But as I said, it's a matter of opinion, you can like SS Zelda if you want.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I just noticed this....OoT Zelda has shoulder armor...which kinda makes OoT Zelda as an alternate more likely, sharing similar clothing to TP Zelda.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed this....OoT Zelda has shoulder armor...which kinda makes OoT Zelda as an alternate more likely, sharing similar clothing to TP Zelda.
OoT Zelda has always gotten an alt costume.
Yea she has shoulder armour it's kind of been her staple since alltp, lol.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
That was a Palette Swap, I want a spot on Alternate Costume. The Hair, Heels, dress design, etc.
Yea, I don't see that happening. TP Zelda is pretty much a retcon of OoT Zelda so I wouldn't expect much more than a glorified pallet swap, probably not even glorified.

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I don't know it looked like a serious case of man stealing.

That or whoever makes those pictures seriously ships Zelink and wants an angsty love triangle between BFF's Zelda and Peach with a sexy blond boy stuck in the middle (Link). Or something like that, I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere.
Can I just say how much I love Zelda's dress this time around? It's so shiny and smooth!
I completely agree with you. The shine on her dress adds a bit more of a regal and elegant touch to it. It's the same with Rosalina's too.

Peach and Zelda! Satisfy all the bases.
Maybe this time they won't be having boy drama with Peach stealing Link from Zelda.
I did laugh when they showcased Zelda throwing the motion-sensor bomb in the direct. It's almost like they were building up to it. :awesome:

urbandayz

Smash Rookie
I have a lot to do yet but this is the sort of alt I want for Zelda. I'll post the finished one when it's done :3 She needs a Hilda alt.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I have a lot to do yet but this is the sort of alt I want for Zelda. I'll post the finished one when it's done :3 She needs a Hilda alt.
I wouldn't mind a hilda alt, since they are basically the same character there's no problem there and of course, purple.
I'd prefer a hyrule warriors alt just cause of how amazing she looks but you won't see me complaining if we get hilda

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Zelda is already one of my mains, but I'd totally main her in this costume just like I do with Peach's Daisy costume, or the fact that I'm Green Ganondorf.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
New hyrule warriors scans shows that Zelda (and Link) get OoT costumes.

The colors for Zelda are really interesting.

Doesn't that reminds you Zelda new color in Smash? It's really purple... To a point that is surprising.

Also, I love how her pose is Young Zelda's pose from OoT 3DS.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Zelda.jpg

Here is a beautiful comparison that I made of Zelda's new blonde colour (Self Praise :p) I took the pigments straight from that grainy image of Zelda from the Demo character select screen. (Except for the hair)

New hyrule warriors scans shows that Zelda (and Link) get OoT costumes.

The colors for Zelda are really interesting.

Doesn't that reminds you of Zelda's new color in Smash? It's really purple... To a point that is surprising.
I think it's far too light to be the pallet swap in SSB4 (If that's what you were implying) but I definitely have to say that the OoT outfit is the best looking in HW. It looks so AMAZING, I MUST HAVES IT NOW!

Do you have a link to the HW OoT Zelda site?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hm, I don't remember it being that intense. Plus, I think we always saw it offscreen, so we are not

But I always forget that the jewels are blue here (well, the "OoT" costume from Brawl have blue jewels too)

But it's interesting to see two purple costumes in those games by the way.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I don't remember it being that intense. Plus, I think we always saw it offscreen, so we are not

But I always forget that the jewels are blue here (well, the "OoT" costume from Brawl have blue jewels too)

But it's interesting to see two purple costumes in those games by the way.
Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.12.29 PM.png

It's pretty dark, you also have to keep in mind that the photo that I photoshopped is during sunset which makes it look even darker.

I think OoT 3d she was light purple too.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
But the screen itself is pretty dark too. I can't really rely on a photoshopped screen...

The best material we have so far is the invitational match. With this, I'd say it's a little bit darker than the HW/OoT counterpart, but it's not that saturated, as the offscreen picture/your photoshoped picture.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
But the screen itself is pretty dark too. I can't really rely on a photoshopped screen...

The best material we have so far is the invitational match. With this, I'd say it's a little bit darker than the HW/OoT counterpart, but it's not that saturated, as the offscreen picture/your photoshoped picture.
Do you have a link to the video?

Less saturated Blonde Princess-Zelda-image-princess-zelda-36427298-1920-1080 copy.jpg

I unsaturated it.....I think the enhancement darkened it. I still think it should be a tint darker.

....and I didn't photoshop a screen its an official screenshot.

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Well, the colors are photoshopped, at least (I know the Zelda screens, after all :troll: to a point where it's almost excessive...)

Here is the Zelda match during the invitational.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK8En6dIdAg&feature=player_detailpage#t=1425
It's too grainy (Is there even a point in that video where Zelda isn't either dying or taking immense damage)... and it's a stage with direct light so obviously it's going to appear brighter than at twilight (reference intended).

Last edited:

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
So there was some new Hyrule Warriors stuff shown, and look what's in it:

I may be totally off here, but this is just like the costume we're discussing, is it not? Sakurai taking some things from Hyrule Warriors confirmed? (Probably not, but it's cool anyway.)

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman

I may be totally off here, but this is just like the costume we're discussing, is it not? Sakurai taking some things from Hyrule Warriors confirmed? (Probably not, but it's cool anyway.)
Erotic&Heretic just posted this.

And no, clearly nothing was taken from Hyrule Warriors. OoT Zelda's dress is pink (maybe violet) and she has an orange hair colour. The one we saw in SSB4 is dark purple and very light blonde hair.
SSB4 colour pallet came first and why would SSB4 be in contact with HW? That's just silly and highly unlikely.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

Loving TP Zelda in that picture, her dress looks good.
OoT Zelda is pink, why is she purple here?
However I'm loving the idea of purple infiltrating Zelda's colors, not just pink but purple too. XP
Ugh it's still very dark.........I'm trying to see if I can spot distinctly red boots.
Good luck.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Loving TP Zelda in that picture, her dress looks good.
OoT Zelda is pink, why is she purple here?
However I'm loving the idea of purple infiltrating Zelda's colors, not just pink but purple too. XP

Good luck.
Lol, I'm about ready to shoot myself. I feel like they might be red but then they look brown 5 sec later to me. If it wasn't so grainy!!!
I know TP Zelda is purple Zelda so why would they make OoT Zelda alt purple too, right?

Attachments

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I really would love if Zelda got her Hyrule Warriors or OOT design as alts. OOT Zelda is pretty iconic and I loved the look in Melee. Hyrule Warriors Zelda is one if the best looking Zeldas yet imo!

I'm not a fan of SS Zelda....she looks horrible and I didn't love her character much in that game (this is just my opinion though, no disrespect to fans of that incarnation). But I think SS Zelda is most likely :/ hopefully she gets more than 1 alt.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
640px-Zelda_Direct.png

Almost got it down.

I really would love if Zelda got her Hyrule Warriors or OOT design as alts. OOT Zelda is pretty iconic and I loved the look in Melee. Hyrule Warriors Zelda is one if the best looking Zeldas yet imo!

I'm not a fan of SS Zelda....she looks horrible and I didn't love her character much in that game (this is just my opinion though, no disrespect to fans of that incarnation). But I think SS Zelda is most likely :/ hopefully she gets more than 1 alt.
I think all we'll get is SS, I don't see Hilda happening considering the new purple Zelda. Hyrule Warriors Zelda is not going to happen because it's not from a "Zelda" game, and OoT alt looks like it was replaced by purple Zelda. I feel that SS Zelda is supposed to fill the "pink" Zelda gap.

Top Bottom