• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I noticed that in Melee, Peach and Zelda's hair colour was like a cheesy yellow (I hate cheese, ew) , but in their original games were pretty much like that colour. Same with Brawl, Peach's hair was a much more pale blonde instead of bright yellow and Zelda's was completely brown instead of having the blonde streaks through it.

I wonder why they changed their hair to these. I know it's only a minor difference, but it's still rather odd.
I kind of miss TP Zelda's blond streaks.

It seems like she almost has gold running through her hair. Also note how the upper part of the skirt is a different color, TP Zelda has an almost red tone while Brawl Zelda is a much more clean purple. More differences is the bottom of the skirt, the edging is darker. I think TP Zelda has more ribbon around her braids. Not only that brawl Zelda is wearing less earrings. Otherwise everything looks the same.
Just a quick run through of the differences.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I kind of miss TP Zelda's blond streaks.

It seems like she almost has gold running through her hair. Also note how the upper part of the skirt is a different color, TP Zelda has an almost red tone while Brawl Zelda is a much more clean purple. More differences is the bottom of the skirt, the edging is darker. I think TP Zelda has more ribbon around her braids. Not only that brawl Zelda is wearing less earrings. Otherwise everything looks the same.
Just a quick run through of the differences.
It's almost like her entire dress has a different colour tone to it. Also, her skin is more pale and the lower part of her skirt isn't completely white in TP.
You're right about everything else though. But I guess Sakurai had to make these colour changes with every character so they'd fit in well with the Brawl universe.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
You made this? I love it, very well done.

With the no longer need of red/blue/green colors, I hope Zelda gets lots of cool and interesting alts. I did like Green though, it was pretty.
Green was my favourite alt for Zelda in Brawl. I liked very little of her colours, but loved all of Sheik's colours.
But I always kept it original and used the default colour. :shades:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Green was my favourite alt for Zelda in Brawl. I liked very little of her colours, but loved all of Sheik's colours.
Yeah, I only felt comfortable using default as well lol. I liked the blonde, goth, and green as well. Red and blue imo looked tacky and I wish those would disappear and make-way for interesting color swaps.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I always liked the red and black one, the red one because the lack of gloves and the black one because of the white hair.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Yeah, I only felt comfortable using default as well lol. I liked the blonde, goth, and green as well. Red and blue imo looked tacky and I wish those would disappear and make-way for interesting color swaps.
I would've loved the "goth" or dark Zelda...if she didn't have that white hair! Lol, Black hair would've did it justice for me.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I would've loved the "goth" or dark Zelda...if she didn't have that white hair! Lol, Black hair would've did it justice for me.
A Zelda with black hair... I like the idea.
View attachment 18314

They need this! This is perfect
That looks really good, although I have to ask is her hair going through her neck?
WOW. That is perfect. I prefer the one on the left since it's brighter in color, make it happen Sakurai....please....
Yeah, I like the brighter blond on the left.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I don't care which one! (Though I think right matches the mood of ssbb better)

If Sakurai can give little mac a sweater I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to tweak Zelda's gown and hair thingies.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I don't care which one! (Though I think right matches the mood of ssbb better)

If Sakurai can give little mac a sweater I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to tweak Zelda's gown and hair thingies.
Preach! Plus, Oot Zelda is perfect since they are like the same height, so hitboxes won't be a problem

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Preach! Plus, Oot Zelda is perfect since they are like the same height, so hitboxes won't be a problem
I get the feeling that TP Zelda is taller but I highly doubt it matters.
I feel like we would be cheated if we don't have an Oot Zelda alt, like it wouldn't be offering sacrifice to the original smash bros Zelda.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling that TP Zelda is taller but I highly doubt it matters.
I feel like we would be cheated if we don't have an Oot Zelda alt, like it wouldn't be offering sacrifice to the original smash bros Zelda.
It's not like they're importing OoT model it would be an "edit" of the tp model to include that OoT neck thing and a slight alteration in the crown and hair. It's probably much easier to do than a Skyward Sword sword alt.

.....and Zelda has always been a head taller than peach, so Melee and Brawl Zelda are the same height.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
It's not like they're importing OoT model it would be an "edit" of the tp model to include that OoT neck thing and a slight alteration in the crown and hair. It's probably much easier to do than a Skyward Sword sword alt.

.....and Zelda has always been a head taller than peach, so Melee and Brawl Zelda are the same height.
Sakurai and his team better do so or...*look at my avatar*......yeah.
EDIT: this is a joke lol. I do want some kind of Alternate Costume for Zelda tho.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

To me Zelda will always be like an inch taller than Link mostly because she's taller in ST, I've always thought of her as about 5'5-5'7 which is a pretty respectable height. I write fanfics so I kind of have to think about this. Generally I put Peach at 5'1-5'3.
If we do get an OoT Alt I'd be fine with just a recolor, nothing too fancy.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
To me Zelda will always be like an inch taller than Link mostly because she's taller in ST, I've always thought of her as about 5'5-5'7 which is a pretty respectable height. I write fanfics so I kind of have to think about this. Generally I put Peach at 5'1-5'3.
If we do get an OoT Alt I'd be fine with just a recolor, nothing too fancy.
I'd say Peach is 5'4-5'5 and Zelda is 5'7.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Yeah sure, but we are talking about Alternate Costumes :p.
I have some ideas for that too:

Like, her wearing her hood she wore for in Twilight Princess, or some sort of hood it'd look cool on her... and maybe a Tetra inspired outfit, unless that'd work better for Sheik. Or one from Hyrule Warriors or even one where she wears knight armor!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I have some ideas for that too:

Like, her wearing her hood she wore for in Twilight Princess, or some sort of hood it'd look cool on her... and maybe a Tetra inspired outfit, unless that'd work better for Sheik. Or one from Hyrule Warriors or even one where she wears knight armor!
We would all love HW Zelda as an Alternate, but it's not likely. Her hood she wore in Twilight Princess is possible, since Little Mac's is a confirmed Alternate Costume.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I would love black hair for Zelda, but I would adore dark purple hair. HILDA SKIN PLEASE. :p
View attachment 18314

They need this! This is perfect
That is amazing. I hope they put that in Project M eventually, since Link has his OoT skin and Ganondorf's is in the works.

But everything does look better in HD, so having that in Smash 4 would be oh my god so cool.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
This is off topic, but does anyone have Captain Falcon's, Lucina's, and Robin's pictures in the little emoji box? I hover over them and the file is there, but no image.
It could just me my computer, (being the piece of sh** that it is) or the images aren't uploaded.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
This is off topic, but does anyone have Captain Falcon's, Lucina's, and Robin's pictures in the little emoji box? I hover over them and the file is there, but no image.
It could just me my computer, (being the piece of sh** that it is) or the images aren't uploaded.
You have to click on/ tap on the characters. When you save them, the background will just be black.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
We would all love HW Zelda as an Alternate, but it's not likely. Her hood she wore in Twilight Princess is possible, since Little Mac's is a confirmed Alternate Costume.
Holy Crap! Can you imagine fighting in this:

That would be so cool with the phantom and everything!
Sigh... a girl could dream.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Holy Crap! Can you imagine fighting in this:

That would be so cool with the phantom and everything!
Sigh... a girl could dream.
I would like this, but I can already imagine that we'd see a ridiculous amount of arm/leg clipping with the animations that Zelda has.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I would like this, but I can already imagine that we'd see a ridiculous amount of arm/leg clipping with the animations that Zelda has.
Yeah, I thought about that and knew it would be unlikely due to the necessary extra animation.
My favorite pictures in brawl are the ones where her legs are outside of her dress. Most of her animations are pretty good but when she gets hit for example it's alarmingly obvious. I've also noticed that when you use Snake's down throw her legs will go outside her dress, which is by far the worst example.
I wonder if they've fixed that in Smash 4, I haven't seen anything but it's only really noticeable when you pause the game.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Clipping doesn't bother me, but I think Zelda would just look stupid fighting in a black robe, it looks really impractical and she'd just
look like a black parachute. She wouldn't even be able to punch or do any moves because no arm slots.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Clipping doesn't bother me, but I think Zelda would just look stupid fighting in a black robe, it looks really impractical and she'd just
look like a black parachute. She wouldn't even be able to punch or do any moves because no arm slots.
Eh, a girl can dream, I highly doubt we'll get it because Sakurai would have to animate the cloak itself and time and money... Yeah, no. I put it at a less than 1% chance,

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
0% because it's old and irrelevant too.
Well, I don't think relevancy matters with costumes... Little Mac got wire frame, and Mario has a palette swap from the box are of a not-so-popular snes game. However, we probably won't get it anyway.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Peach and Zelda! Satisfy all the bases.
Maybe this time they won't be having boy drama with Peach stealing Link from Zelda.
I feel as if Peach and Link were just hanging out and Zelda took it the wrong way. I mean, they were best friends in Brawl basically xD.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I feel as if Peach and Link were just hanging out and Zelda took it the wrong way. I mean, they were best friends in Brawl basically xD.
I don't know it looked like a serious case of man stealing.

That or whoever makes those pictures seriously ships Zelink and wants an angsty love triangle between BFF's Zelda and Peach with a sexy blond boy stuck in the middle (Link). Or something like that, I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere.
Can I just say how much I love Zelda's dress this time around? It's so shiny and smooth!

Top Bottom