• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda vs Sheik

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Lol, Mow. Yeah, it's pretty chill here at RIT. Rochester in general has nice people, though the smash scene could be more...dedicated.

Also, the fact that the guy to girl ratio is 6:1 evens out the "ugly girls" factor for most guys, I think.

Also, sorry, Dark Hart. Didn't mean to bring Ness in here. To bring it back to Zelda, I've officially switched to blue dress. My life is so much better.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Tonight, I had TONS more fun playing as Zelda in teams than I have playing as Peach in my ENTIRE LIFE. It was amazing. I'm seriously considering maining Zelda, and having Peach as a secondary.

Wake

Smash Master
Maining Zelda in singles will be the biggest mistake of your Smash career. Now, Zelda in teams is pretty fun. I team with a Zelda sometimes. Kills come easy.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
good luck jaiye. maining low tiers is the best :D

but still keep u peach for them pesky foxes and such :/

haha, next time you come back to cleveland, we gotta do some teams with Pichu/Zelda

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
ok, so i'm convinced that marth combos zelda even worse then sheik does now. it's really bad.

lake, wtf do i hit marth with if i can't be in the air? every move of his moves slices thru mine. i do NOT get this matchup at all. it's really bad for zelda.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah seriously **** luigi lol. I hate playing luigis so much.

@Devil Ray: Obviously you don't stay completely grounded. You've gotta throw those kicks. But stay low to the ground and throw them out in a way that's safe. CC his fairs and strike back! Read him when he's going for a grab and hit him in the face. If you end up getting juggled in the air don't try to attack because he'll hit you first in almost all situations. Just get back to the stage. DI towards one side of the stage so you can farores to the edge or to a platform once you get out of hitstun. Lightshield edgeguard, dsmash, or just straight up edgehog him if you manage to kick him off the stage at some point. Marth will pretty much die if you can catch him with a kick after he's used his jumps and winds up offstage. Wait for him to sideB or something while he's offstage and jump out for a quick kick to finish him. Go offstage and dair him if you're feeling like a boss

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
@GK, thanks for the ideas. I'll try for it. i mean, it's really hard at times. one hit from marth leads to 60% damage i feel. i also have a really hard time approaching. i have to play defense 99.99% of the match. ugh.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
from that other time you asked about the marth matchup:

WOW with a name as cool as devil ray how are you having problems in any matchup?

Oh right your zelda...

well ok so you dash attack

like peach

and push n ****

but then you gotta back off see

cause you cant camp with turnips

you camp by kicking

and jabbin n ****

dont leave the ground

unless they fsmash your shield

den kick em good

light shield edgeguard

and back throw

oh empty short hop grabs

you cant do anything out of em

but man you gonna be stylin

and husssliiin

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
The marth matchup definitely isn't an easy one. I personally switch to sheik. It's like... 73.67-26.33 in marths favor I think (give or take 0.04%)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I agree. A lot of people think that it's slightly in sheik's favor but i think it's actually really even. Pressing down B doesn't mean you've got a 50% chance of winning though. Sometimes it's actually better to go with what you're most familiar with. If you have a good sheik though I'd definitely recommend busting it out for this matchup (especially if you don't have the patience to play against marth with zelda).

D

Deleted member

it's only 50/50 on FD. sheik beats marth solidly w/ platforms just by shield camping him into good things. it's more complex than that but yeah.

on FD i really like the MU so i just stay zelda lol.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
man a couple of weeks ago i was playing this guy. hes really not even a bad player but he can never beat me. So i decided to try zelda out against him (since i like using her but dont often use her). so first match he goes samus and i take him to town. then i trash talk him for losing b/c its fun. then next time he up in rotation i go zelda again he goes link while telling me how he was going to beat my zelda and stuff. i of course win again and continue the trash talk. then he comes up for a 3rd time and goes sheik. this one comes down to the last hit last stock but once again i come out the victor, but this time there is no trash talking. No instead i just turned to him and said "I dont even have anything to say" then just shook my head at his terrible loss.

Zone

Smash Champion
man a couple of weeks ago i was playing this guy. hes really not even a bad player but he can never beat me. So i decided to try zelda out against him (since i like using her but dont often use her). so first match he goes samus and i take him to town. then i trash talk him for losing b/c its fun. then next time he up in rotation i go zelda again he goes link while telling me how he was going to beat my zelda and stuff. i of course win again and continue the trash talk. then he comes up for a 3rd time and goes sheik. this one comes down to the last hit last stock but once again i come out the victor, but this time there is no trash talking. No instead i just turned to him and said "I dont even have anything to say" then just shook my head at his terrible loss.
ok, So you feel proud you beat a really bad shiek player?

I'm not trying to bag on you, I'm just confused at the intent of this story. I'm sure we all have a very similar story. (except me w/o the trash talking)

I don't get why you're sharing your story. That's the only conclusion I can make up of it. That either
1.) you're trying to brag about beating this guy over and over with Zelda who is a no-name
2.) You are further showing just how bad the shiek match up is when you go even with someone way less skilled than you.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok, So you feel proud you beat a really bad shiek player?

I'm not trying to bag on you, I'm just confused at the intent of this story. I'm sure we all have a very similar story. (except me w/o the trash talking)

I don't get why you're sharing your story. That's the only conclusion I can make up of it. That either
1.) you're trying to brag about beating this guy over and over with Zelda who is a no-name
2.) You are further showing just how bad the shiek match up is when you go even with someone way less skilled than you.
well i mostly told the story b/c i was bored and this thread was kinda dead. but also b/c i was kinda shocked at the work my zelda put in that day.

I am pretty sure this thread lost direction a while back and my story fit in fine with what the thread is today. Also dont worry i didnt think u were bagging on me

Lastly u should try trash talk its really fun when u get into it

Top Bottom