• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Video Discussion

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is the matchup I know the most in PM. I'm still not used to wavelanding to grab items since I'm in the habit of being able to catch bananas in Brawl, especially landing on them.

I tend to use Din's for edgeguarding because I don't want to trade with Diddy and I want to stay in a position where I can dash dance pivot grab. I find Up throw to be good for killing Diddy between 60~90%, I missed the perfect opportunity in the last match where he airdodged.

You're right about the matchup being two defensive characters with big punishes on each other. Either I was D.I.ing wrong but Diddy's dash attack just ruins Zelda's day if she gets hit by it.
Depends on where your hit at in the dash attack as a floaty. I know the Zelda I play against had trouble getting out of dash attack into fair, but I thought that was bad d.I Not sure whether to hold up or away since I am never on the receiving end. Don't even know how dual stick d.I will effect it sorry. Can only say the things from the diddy perspective, and Zelda's punishes tend to be stronger on average but a lot harder to create openings in the peanut banana wall since diddy can always run away and reset to a biased neutral with bananas on the field. Din's fire has some situational uses of lowering options during recovery, but can do more harm than good compared to the success seen from din at ledge then down smash setup. Even if it trades diddy will lose a stock, and up b easy enough to read to do other options.

shapular

Smash Ace
I've got more video from this week's tournament that I'd like critique on. I went almost entirely Zelda (except my first set where I lost game 1 and switched to Marth) and got second, my usual placing. It's a pretty big improvement from last week and I didn't even practice much. Here are the links (Twitch VODs again but maybe they'll be up on Youtube soon):

http://www.twitch.tv/chattownsmash/b/562251889?t=4h18m27s
http://www.twitch.tv/chattownsmash/b/562312139
These two (stream cut out in the middle) are the first set against my main target, the Ness JT. I did very well in this one and lost the set 3-2. It's actually the first time in a month and a half that I've even taken a game off him. This is the main thing I want critiqued. It's a pretty long set so I don't mind if it's the only thing that gets critiqued.

http://www.twitch.tv/chattownsmash/b/562314332?t=10m
This is the second set against him from grand finals. I did okay but lost 3-0. I try to go back to my rusty G&W in game 2 and fail.

http://www.twitch.tv/chattownsmash/b/562251889?t=4h3m46s
I won game 1 against this guy's Lucas pretty handily, but his Mario gave a rough time game 2. I couldn't set up any Din's Fires and had to rely on reflecting his pills and actually approaching.

http://www.twitch.tv/chattownsmash/b/562312139?t=4m8s
http://www.twitch.tv/chattownsmash/b/562314332
This is against the Wario from last week. I said I could beat him this week, and I did, 3-0.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah this is my first time posting in the Zelda boards and all and I have a few vids I need critiqued. I mostly played Zelda at this local cause the TO was bugging the crap outta me for using her and saying that she is better than my Roy despite I play Roy more and I constantly pick Zelda up and drop her due to boredom since 1.0/2.0 so yeah.

Anyway here are the vids which I was on the losers side of the bracket and there are some video lag when we was streaming this unfortunately so my first match has some like 25 seconds in for example.

Versus D3

Versus DK/G&W

Versus Falcon

Last edited:

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
So yeah this is my first time posting in the Zelda boards and all and I have a few vids I need critiqued. I mostly played Zelda at this local cause the TO was bugging the crap outta me for using her and saying that she is better than my Roy despite I play Roy more and I constantly pick Zelda up and drop her due to boredom from 1.0/2.0 so yeah.

Anyway here are the vids which I was on the losers side of the bracket and there are some video lag when we was streaming this unfortunately so my first match has some like 25 seconds in for example.

Versus D3

Versus DK/G&W

Versus Falcon
So many heavies...you're playing pretty well. You're making especially good use of up-smash, and you're landing a lot of your follow-ups. Try not to get caught above or on top of your opponent too much. Zelda works best at a range where she can use what little disjoint she has to her advantage. She can't really "go in" on opponents. She keeps her distance and juggles. This was noticeable in the 1st DDD match. You want to REALLY keep your space against him. There were times where he would throw Waddles, you would throw Din's, and YOU were winning those trades. Din's > Waddle.

You were executing your combos well, and your kicks were pretty effective. There weren't too many flubbed kicks.

I think you could benefit from implementing 2 tricks:
1. Land-canceled Nayru's
2. Farore's auto-snap to ledge from above the ledge

The first will improve your already good neutral even further, by granting you a bit more speed close-up. The second will improve your recovery and give you more options.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So many heavies...you're playing pretty well. You're making especially good use of up-smash, and you're landing a lot of your follow-ups. Try not to get caught above or on top of your opponent too much. Zelda works best at a range where she can use what little disjoint she has to her advantage. She can't really "go in" on opponents. She keeps her distance and juggles. This was noticeable in the 1st DDD match. You want to REALLY keep your space against him. There were times where he would throw Waddles, you would throw Din's, and YOU were winning those trades. Din's > Waddle.

You were executing your combos well, and your kicks were pretty effective. There weren't too many flubbed kicks.

I think you could benefit from implementing 2 tricks:
1. Land-canceled Nayru's
2. Farore's auto-snap to ledge from above the ledge

The first will improve your already good neutral even further, by granting you a bit more speed close-up. The second will improve your recovery and give you more options.
Thanks for the info and outside of the goof ups and missed whiff punishes I played pretty solid till against Falcon. I remember hearing about the Land-Canceled Nayru's but I forgot how to perform it exactly. When it came with #2 I never messed with the Farore's auto-snap too much cause I don't like risking it and some moves with big old hitboxes that can cover my options cause Zelda is a tall-floaty light character but I'll work on that.

Also my opponents let me get away with murder on some stuff and I believe Zelda in PM is all on if you respect her or not cause I play people and when they respect her they get bopped and when they don't respect her like the Falcon player for example she gets bopped so that's how I feel on her and I can only play effective that like that if I have my play lame Brawl mindset present.

EDIT: I also have more footage but it was a crew battle unfortunately so you can critique that if possible and my Zelda play starts around @37:20

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I've got more Zelda videos. In these battles, I don't think I did so good; well only against the players that I was stacked up against. So, if you have any advice for me, that'll be great!

These are just friendlies with my friends and I. I REALLY wanna get better, though...

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I was recently apart of my friends youtube series "Why do I suck?" Where he records our sets and we discuss what happened and what we could do better. Take a look and the rest of the channel!
(Project M) "Why Do I Suck?" Grime's Zelda: http://youtu.be/gCxd2xXwzCM
(Yes he uploaded the famous Wombo Combo)

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Hey guys! I was recently apart of my friends youtube series "Why do I suck?" Where he records our sets and we discuss what happened and what we could do better. Take a look and the rest of the channel!
(Project M) "Why Do I Suck?" Grime's Zelda: http://youtu.be/gCxd2xXwzCM
(Yes he uploaded the famous Wombo Combo)
I watched the whole video, and I've seen that you've a good game with Din's Fire, where you're utilizing it to stem the movement of fast characters. Zelda is also sorta a bait and punish kind of character as well, and she can follow up with combos on fast fallers, not to mention, chain grabbing them as well (I guess Captain Falcon is a fast faller as well). I also noticed that you use Naryu's Love scarcely, which could be used when your opponent closes in too close.

I'm normally not good at giving advice, but I did what I can. I'm good at praising and giving cudos, though, so I would like to say that your combo game and Din's game is pretty great! Still, I can't STAND the match up against Falco! For me as a Zelda player, he's tough for me to overcome; even after the aforementioned strategies I mentioned above and after witnessing your vid. I also found the YouTube Series "Why do I suck?" very helpful and informative. I personally wish I could indulge in the series myself, as I'm also trying to improve MY Zelda game, but right now, all I can do is to try and master Love Canceling. So yeah, those are my two cents!

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
This video thread will become extremely important in helping everyone adapt to the new changes.
What are the best ways to use the dins, can tele-cancel be reliable, new follow ups etc. I myself can't get videos recorded until next week but will be experimenting until then.

Gl everybody

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
I will be trying to get some streamed footage up soon to help. Give it a few weeks and we'll see some new mains/videos flowing though.

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Got to play Junebug at yesterday's weekly. Zelda v Ganon. Brought him down to 1 stock in each game. Didn't get to be too fancy with Din's, but they helped. Telecanceling to recover worked WONDERFULLY, but I need to work on my spacing for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYhKtev22-A&feature=youtu.be
Nice dude, you did good against Junebug especially so soon after all the changes.

LOL @ 5:52 commentator in response to continuous exploding din "WWHHAATT?????"

I agree with running towards the din, and calling it back when it's not in a good position. You get the din back a lot quicker so you get back into neutral with the din in hand, which gives zelda a better chance at getting into an advantageous position. When you threw out a din to catch Junebug as he was trying to recover onto the stage from below, it's a great idea because after you get a follow up dair. That method even works against Fox's Firefox move which to me is insane
______________________________________________________________________________________
Ok so I am RESERVING THIS part For when DarkStarStorm does me a HUGE favor and gets the replays I sent him and he posts them up on here.
I want to explain what each video is in this part like a directory b/c i gave him 8 replays. I also would like to explain that b/c we had to change to wifi-set to be able to record replays I could not wavedash and so resorted to a whole lot of DDing, and also I told my bro to not use his main b/c it would've messed with his falco tech-skill. With that said he is still a great Falcon.
Again I'm going to edit this later

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Got to play Junebug at yesterday's weekly. Zelda v Ganon. Brought him down to 1 stock in each game. Didn't get to be too fancy with Din's, but they helped. Telecanceling to recover worked WONDERFULLY, but I need to work on my spacing for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYhKtev22-A&feature=youtu.be
Dogtired right now so Imma hit the sack soon, but I NEED to watch this set before my uni's smash club today. We're holding our first meeting of 3.5 with a tourney, and with all hype going on there's been talk of a lot of players converting to Ganon from their nerfed mains lol. And you got a set against Junebug, no less; again, I haven't watched it, but props for getting him down to a stock. That's pretty respectable

the video quality is jank but Some zeldas may get some new tricks from my match here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekRuTOAmXro&feature=youtu.be
I'd check it out, but the vid settings are set to private :/

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Dogtired right now so Imma hit the sack soon, but I NEED to watch this set before my uni's smash club today. We're holding our first meeting of 3.5 with a tourney, and with all hype going on there's been talk of a lot of players converting to Ganon from their nerfed mains lol. And you got a set against Junebug, no less; again, I haven't watched it, but props for getting him down to a stock. That's pretty respectable
Good luck!! Be sure to keep your distance. I got caught reaching a bit, because Ganon's aerials have much more range than you might expect. Don't use jab. Ever. Din's is excellent for tech chasing. The two big set-up/combo/follow-ups I got were: F-throw near ledge > run off > Kick, and d-throw > f-tilt > up-smash > up-air > up-air. Bad/no DI on d-throw leads into that at low-mid percents (might not get a second up-air at higher percents, watch out for DAS BOOT after the first up-air)

If you can, put in some time to play with the new teleport. It's a really good option when you're aerial OR on the ground, but it takes finesse

Last edited:

sassafrass

Smash Cadet
Hello everybody! I would love your opinion on this matchup I had on Netplay a couple nights ago. Here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/waffru/b/592462543 It starts with me against Snake at around 2:14:00. The guy I'm playing against doesn't play Snake very much, so it ACTUALLY starts when he plays his main (Bowser) at 2:16:16

Thanks for any input you guys have! ZELDA4LYFEEEEEE

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Hello everybody! I would love your opinion on this matchup I had on Netplay a couple nights ago. Here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/waffru/b/592462543 It starts with me against Snake at around 2:14:00. The guy I'm playing against doesn't play Snake very much, so it ACTUALLY starts when he plays his main (Bowser) at 2:16:16

Thanks for any input you guys have! ZELDA4LYFEEEEEE
Hey welcome, I don't think I've seen you on the boards before. Well I can't really offer too much advice tbh. You were getting punished when you whiffed some moves, but I would imagine that would happen a lot when your on stream playing a ranked match. Been there. I would hit the opponent with the reappearing hitbox a lot more, until your opponent fears the move and either starts to roll or get in shield, then you can start tele-cancel into a different move like ftilt or a grab if you have time (it'll be a lot better when the tele-cancel is fixed to teledash speeds in the next update). You were applying a lot pressure to the shield which I like but try to get more grabs in to make him fear his own shield.

Idk I've still got to train my zelda a little bit more.
Oooo bowser has a predictable recovery, send a din out there to intercept (if you call back a din and it loops its way back to you, the din can hit through almost any move), and hit him with dair when he is in hitstun

I suppose I should post my matches here instead of making random bad GIFs.... lol
Feel free to watch any of these

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuXhjKJVxDMf2ELZXCCvig
really liked the highlights man, stuff I haven't considered

Last edited:

LonVoen

Smash Cadet
(if you call back a din and it loops its way back to you, the din can hit through almost any move)
Is that so? I've had issues with people just clinking right through placed dins on occasion. Any idea why this works? And do you mean when it's looping back to you while your opponent is in between you and the din? Most hitboxes don't cover your hurtbox in the back so that would make sense! Thanks!

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Is that so? I've had issues with people just clinking right through placed dins on occasion. Any idea why this works? And do you mean when it's looping back to you while your opponent is in between you and the din? Most hitboxes don't cover your hurtbox in the back so that would make sense! Thanks!
Yep when the opponent is in between you and your din. I am not sure if it NEEDS to be looping, but I believe it just needs to be on its way towards you as it goes through the opponents move.

While training against cpu I had my din go through Fox's Firefox recovery, and then I daired him from his hitstun.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
http://www.twitch.tv/hsvasl/b/612462731
Skip to 13:45 and 39:43. After Reflex knocked me out of Winners, NinKenDo64 3-stocked me with Kirby in rounds 1 and 2 of my next match, eliminating me from the tournament, but I had a fun afternoon.

They were both the better player by a long shot and actually competed in Grand Finals.
I opted not to attempt wavedashes or wavelands since I'm not comfortable with them yet, but I wish I'd played a little less basic. I didn't apply many of the things I'd practiced versus CPU's or seen online, but like I said, Reflex and NinKenDo were just better, and I can't be upset with that.

I would appreciate advice.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
http://www.twitch.tv/hsvasl/b/612462731
Skip to 13:45 and 39:43. After Reflex knocked me out of Winners, NinKenDo64 3-stocked me with Kirby in rounds 1 and 2 of my next match, eliminating me from the tournament, but I had a fun afternoon.

They were both the better player by a long shot and actually competed in Grand Finals.
I opted not to attempt wavedashes or wavelands since I'm not comfortable with them yet, but I wish I'd played a little less basic. I didn't apply many of the things I'd practiced versus CPU's or seen online, but like I said, Reflex and NinKenDo were just better, and I can't be upset with that.

I would appreciate advice.

Few simple things first: you are rolling and dash attacking a lot. Like a ton. I'm not saying you should wavedash or telecancel (though they do help), I'm just saying to try shielding then grabbing, or even foxtrotting, or empty short hop. Every time you roll away you let him dictate the next neutral phase. Every time he screws up attacking you, instead of counterattacking you roll away.

You are missing many opportunities to use Dins for free. When he's recovering, respawning, in hitstun but too far to combo, or as a tech chase. Nothing better to do? Get some stage control!

You are spot dodging a lot as well. This is not necessarily bad, and is in fact a good idea vs Lucario, but you may want to consider shield grabbing instead.

You don't know your followups. This will just come with practice. Try for those followups until you learn which ones dont work.

You don't know your opponent's options. You are way more afraid of your opponent than you should be. Again, this comes with practice. Try not defending until you see what the opponent can do. Then start mixing up your defenses to explore what other options they have.

Ok, advanced things. Telecancel is an approach option. Dins low on the ground is good against dashdancers, Dins at head height is good against sffl'ers. Dins at head height with a downward return or at ground with upward return are good against opponents that do both. Explode Din manually when opponent is recovering or use it as clank bait then explode. Transform for an even bigger and more damaging explosion!

Sorry if that's too much. Take it one step at a time. The first step is to roll less. Play a practice game where all you think about the whole time is "I won't roll". Then re-incorporate rolling when you really need it. Good luck!

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Few simple things first: you are rolling and dash attacking a lot. Like a ton. I'm not saying you should wavedash or telecancel (though they do help), I'm just saying to try shielding then grabbing, or even foxtrotting, or empty short hop. Every time you roll away you let him dictate the next neutral phase. Every time he screws up attacking you, instead of counterattacking you roll away.

You are missing many opportunities to use Dins for free. When he's recovering, respawning, in hitstun but too far to combo, or as a tech chase. Nothing better to do? Get some stage control!

You are spot dodging a lot as well. This is not necessarily bad, and is in fact a good idea vs Lucario, but you may want to consider shield grabbing instead.

You don't know your followups. This will just come with practice. Try for those followups until you learn which ones dont work.

You don't know your opponent's options. You are way more afraid of your opponent than you should be. Again, this comes with practice. Try not defending until you see what the opponent can do. Then start mixing up your defenses to explore what other options they have.

Ok, advanced things. Telecancel is an approach option. Dins low on the ground is good against dashdancers, Dins at head height is good against sffl'ers. Dins at head height with a downward return or at ground with upward return are good against opponents that do both. Explode Din manually when opponent is recovering or use it as clank bait then explode. Transform for an even bigger and more damaging explosion!

Sorry if that's too much. Take it one step at a time. The first step is to roll less. Play a practice game where all you think about the whole time is "I won't roll". Then re-incorporate rolling when you really need it. Good luck!
Yeah, I played well under my potential. I'm not comfortable enough with wavedashing and wavelanding to try either in a tournament where an execution error can mean the stock. A lot of stuff I pull of on computers and in practice just didn't occur to me under tournament pressure. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
Yeah, I played well under my potential. I'm not comfortable enough with wavedashing and wavelanding to try either in a tournament where an execution error can mean the stock. A lot of stuff I pull of on computers and in practice just didn't occur to me under tournament pressure. Thanks for the advice.
No problem! I didn't want to sound like I was criticizing you. I don't wavedash or waveland either, which is why I suggested some non-tech options to mix up your game. The important thing is to be thinking critically. Make sure you get practice in against good opponents, not computers. Once you get used to your followups I would recommend dropping CPU play entirely.

You know how to shield-grab and foxtrot, right? Those will be very very helpful if you don't wavedash.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
No problem! I didn't want to sound like I was criticizing you. I don't wavedash or waveland either, which is why I suggested some non-tech options to mix up your game. The important thing is to be thinking critically. Make sure you get practice in against good opponents, not computers. Once you get used to your followups I would recommend dropping CPU play entirely.

You know how to shield-grab and foxtrot, right? Those will be very very helpful if you don't wavedash.
Shield-grab? Yes. Foxtrot? No, but I just read about it on ssbwiki. I've never paid attention to that maneuver.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will practice empty hops and foxtrotting, and I think adding in a few wavebounced and B-reversed LC Nayru's would be good too.

Zelda slaughters newbies, and the computers play like them, so it's not reliable practice.
However, I don't have a car and have been limited to playing with people on campus.
Unfortunately, it seems the Smash group that I've known for nearly 2 years has shrunken. The remaining players that show up somewhat regularly have shifted their focuses to Melee or Smash 4. Outside of my group, I don't know any other competitive Project M players on campus, but I can play online, but it'll be against members of the Skype group, so I'd get a limited variety in matchup experience but at least improve on the basics and learn the ins and outs of my character more. :(

Justbngoode

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone!
I'm sort of a lurker in Smashboards and only make posts on the skype group, but I figured posting 3.5 footage would be helpful.
- I apologize for the commentary. There were some 11 year-olds at Xanadu that decided to commentate some matches. I recommend watching on mute.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Oh god that commentary was painful. Your movement is gorgeous! The only thing I can definitively say you should look into is cancelling the teleport when recovering to a) sweetspot the ledge from beneath or b) landing on the stage. It is slightly less laggy than reappearing with the hitbox. Other than that I thought you were great!

Oh maybe purposefully blocking recoveries with Dins, especially with the manual explosion (or the transform explosion if you want the huge and powerful one).

4tlas

Smash Lord
Shield-grab? Yes. Foxtrot? No, but I just read about it on ssbwiki. I've never paid attention to that maneuver.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will practice empty hops and foxtrotting, and I think adding in a few wavebounced and B-reversed LC Nayru's would be good too.

Zelda slaughters newbies, and the computers play like them, so it's not reliable practice.
However, I don't have a car and have been limited to playing with people on campus.
Unfortunately, it seems the Smash group that I've known for nearly 2 years has shrunken. The remaining players that show up somewhat regularly have shifted their focuses to Melee or Smash 4. Outside of my group, I don't know any other competitive Project M players on campus, but I can play online, but it'll be against members of the Skype group, so I'd get a limited variety in matchup experience but at least improve on the basics and learn the ins and outs of my character more. :(
So I looked up foxtrotting myself just to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Turns out I don't do it either as it has a specific timing (just starting dash animations) and is similar to a dashdance (changing directions during initial dash startup). What I do is simply run...then stop...then start again. Even that does wonders for your approach, if you're looking for a non-technical skill to add to your arsenal quickly.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Oh god that commentary was painful. Your movement is gorgeous! The only thing I can definitively say you should look into is cancelling the teleport when recovering to a) sweetspot the ledge from beneath or b) landing on the stage. It is slightly less laggy than reappearing with the hitbox. Other than that I thought you were great!

Oh maybe purposefully blocking recoveries with Dins, especially with the manual explosion (or the transform explosion if you want the huge and powerful one).
I might not be able to say this definitively, but I think you could have landed an U-tilt at 2:27, 2:43, 3:31, and 8:24. I don't recall you ever using that. Instead, your go-to kill move appeared to be lightning kick with an occasional forward smash, up air, or down smash. At higher percents, down-tilt can lead into forward smash and up-tilt. Try using both more. I personally would go for less down airs unless I know that I win that battle since the move has significant lag. I agree with 4tlas that your movement was great. Have you considered using telecanceling to maneuver around platforms? With time and practice, I imagine that you can figure out the timings to teleport from the ground to platforms, platforms to the ground, and platform to platform (which is the easiest). If the opponent approaches you from a platform, you can telecancel to the platform they abandoned. Also, telecancel in place a few times to see how they react. Overall, I believe you were impressive, and I'd enjoy seeing more footage in the future @ Justbngoode Justbngoode

Justbngoode

Smash Rookie
I might not be able to say this definitively, but I think you could have landed an U-tilt at 2:27, 2:43, 3:31, and 8:24. I don't recall you ever using that. Instead, your go-to kill move appeared to be lightning kick with an occasional forward smash, up air, or down smash. At higher percents, down-tilt can lead into forward smash and up-tilt. Try using both more. I personally would go for less down airs unless I know that I win that battle since the move has significant lag. I agree with 4tlas that your movement was great. Have you considered using telecanceling to maneuver around platforms? With time and practice, I imagine that you can figure out the timings to teleport from the ground to platforms, platforms to the ground, and platform to platform (which is the easiest). If the opponent approaches you from a platform, you can telecancel to the platform they abandoned. Also, telecancel in place a few times to see how they react. Overall, I believe you were impressive, and I'd enjoy seeing more footage in the future @ Justbngoode Justbngoode
I played 3.0 for around a year and used to teledash frequently. The main reason I don't telecancel now is because of the two frames of input buffer they added to it, since when it's fixed my timing will most likely be off. Uptilting is something that I've been trying to work on. After a lot of pop-ups, I tend to think that I can fade back and F-air to put myself in a better position to edgegaurd. It's been a consistent issue that I should try to address.

Thanks for the constructive criticism! it's given me great insight on what I need to work on, and I hope i'll be able to provide more footage in the future.

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman

Some videos from the biggest Oregon tournament in history, Fight or Flight. Look forward to more vods from Smashnest and Disk Heroes. Maybe Game Clucks if I play well. I threw that second game with Eggs away and I missed a zero to death against Rezzer but I earned my 7th spot on the PR.

FoF! PM - Crow(Zelda) Vs. Rezzer(Ganondorf)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E98EunbxVI

FoF! PM - Crow(Zelda) Vs. Eggz(Marth)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9O5_BRErBk

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Some videos from the biggest Oregon tournament in history, Fight or Flight. Look forward to more vods from Smashnest and Disk Heroes. Maybe Game Clucks if I play well. I threw that second game with Eggs away and I missed a zero to death against Rezzer but I earned my 7th spot on the PR.

I'll be watching those again sometime; there were some nice strings and followups I didn't know.
I was impressed. By any chance, do you know the name of the menu theme that was on the stream?

Downdraft

Smash Ace

How often do you get to compete in tournaments? I may be jumping the gun, but I think you're worthy of being at least an honorable mention on this list and could eventually be a Top 3 "known" Zelda.

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
How often do you get to compete in tournaments? I may be jumping the gun, but I think you're worthy of being at least an honorable mention on this list and could eventually be a Top 3 "known" Zelda.
I'm honored! I go to Smash House Rock weekly which has a decent turn out and some of Oregon's best PM players. I also go to Disc Heroes (a monthly) whenever it's running PM. And I also attend Fight or Flight, Smashnest, and the North West Majors. I'm hoping for a top 8 spot at the NWM in a few months.

Top Bottom