• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Tournament Placings ~

JuJux

Smash Apprentice

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Updated first post.

Much thanks to JuJux for following the result posting format.

If anyone wants their results to be posted in a different color please let me know. Otherwise it'll be in red.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
The riot in the results greyfox just posted was around since 2005(melee days). iirc he is the ORIGINAL riot. but he mains ness so yea

PS: i eat zeldas for supper!
I've been known as Riot since early 2004 :bee: . Although I wasn't involved in smash until right before brawl came out :embarrass .

If he played as Zero Suit I would give it to him (Because he would be called Zoot Suit Riot) but as of now we are going to fight for the name!!!! BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAH!!!!!

jk, I'll just try to get really smash-famous before he can. If thats even possible for either of us lol.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Argh, I'm never gonna make it into the OP.

Oh well, I'll keep posting my results anyways.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Good job anyway, Scary. I'm gonna have to remember to congratulate Razek for the victory, though. ;)

Sucks that he CP'd you. I don't blame him, though -- Brinstar is the ****ing worst for Pika.

Good luck at Winterfest! If you run into Gallax, ESAM, or Razek, tell them I said hi.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Brinstar is bad for Pika? The more you know........

Nice job Scary:) I saw <3 on the stream but I didn't see any Scary on the stream though:(

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Brinstar is bad for Pika? The more you know........
That and Luigi's are his worst stages, although on Luigi's it's wtfeasy to set up jab/QAC locks.

Brinstar is just ****ing annoying. The ground/pillars eat tjolts, it's cramped, can't CG very well because of the uneven ground/lava, the lava periodically makes the stage even smaller, and we can't gimp anyone half the time because of it.

It's not auto-lose, but it's.... pretty bad.

The more you know. :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
That and Luigi's are his worst stages, although on Luigi's it's wtfeasy to set up jab/QAC locks.

Brinstar is just ****ing annoying. The ground/pillars eat tjolts, it's cramped, can't CG very well because of the uneven ground/lava, the lava periodically makes the stage even smaller, and we can't gimp anyone half the time because of it.

It's not auto-lose, but it's.... pretty bad.

The more you know. :)

Almost like Zelda and Halberd. :D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, except Zelda has a ton of bad stages, and Pika only has one. =D

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Yeah, except Zelda has a ton of bad stages, and Pika only has one. =D
True, eh.:urg:

My excuse on that is that Pika is just a better character. >.<

Zelda's best stage is banned. How sad is that? :(

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't think Halberd is her worst stage or anything...... just don't take Snake, Fox, Pikachu, or any other character with a stupidly powerful, easy-to-land vertical killer there.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Got 3rd in doubles today at a tournament. Had a poor turn out because it is supposed to snow 343434637 feet here. So I won't post the thread or anything just telling people lol. Lost to the first place team... then lost to them again... Might have a vid of a crazy thing that happened during one of our sets! It involves a bob-omb and crazy things...

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Welp, Winterfest came and I was the only Zelda in a top-tier laden tourney lol.

My Sheik also made her rounds and sadly I couldn't get out of pools due to technicalities. I finished 8-4 in my pool and it still wasn't enough lol.

In my pool
Electric (Samus/TL) 2-0 -> Zelda/Sheik
Razek (Pika) 2-0 -> All Zelda in this set.
Swiss (Snake) 2-0 -> Zelda/Sheik
2nLio (TL) 1-2 -> Zelda/Sheik
R@vyn (Pit) 1-2 -> Zelda/Sheik

All I needed was R@vyn to take one more game form 2nLio and I was as good as in the bracket. It was so much fun though.

Same thing I did in the Sheik boards, I'll do with Zelda.

Some notable things I did with Zelda this tourney.

Lost to Ally (Snake) in a $1 MM 2-0 going all Zelda. (That was rough I do say. Got close though in one match)
Lost to Ultimate Razer (Snake) in a friendly.`(Came within an LK of winning)
Lost a set vs. M2K (MK) 2-0 (I will b3 honest, I played perfect and came SOOO close! Just one of any move and he was done for in each match)

All in all, I had a good time. It was such an amazing tourney!
Of course I know the saying, "vids or it didn't happen" I don't have such but I at least have some witnesses lol. It was just way too much fun in general.

I doubt I can do Pound 4 but I'll try.

BTW for KayLo: ESAM says hi (After thrashing Gnes and Ally in separate MMs. He wanted me to mention that lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
33/64 in brackets at R3. Should have placed higher.

You can check the pools if you want as well I finished 3rd in my pool.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=7148

Zelda didn't really make much of an appearance in brackets as I played a Mario, Marth, and Wario. In pools I used her a lot against some scrub MK's.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
SBHMXVI, Hawaii Brians Honolulu (12/27/2009)
2nd out of 32
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260309

I went all Zelda except for the last match in winners semis vs LT. He didn't ban BF on me so I decided to go for it. Didn't work out but at least we almost had a live Wargasm.

Props to Gaston aka MrEh for getting 4th in the regular tournament and 2nd in the side tournament.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Good job, DarkM! Who'd you use in the last match?
I used MK. Like I said LT banned Rainbow Cruise and not BF. My MK has a very good track record against LT on BF so I couldn't pass up the chance to go for the win. Ironically the one time I used MK that day he didn't really do much.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Congratz to DM, and its good to see you going Zelda again. I feel like you were on hiatus for a little while there. (but I might have just been sleeping.)

My news. Tournament today. Got 4th out of 15 teams, wanted to do better... much better. But thats just the way it rolled.

I entered singles for the first time in 8 or so months. got 13th out of 40. I wanted to do better... but it was kinda tough and I forgot about how nervous I get.

My personal highlights of the day:
I took a game off of KoolAid (The current #1 player in the region) And we had a very close set coming down to the last stock killing percents...
I got a lighting kick double kill in doubles against two good players. One Snake and one Meta.
I told a previous backroomer about how some people think Zelda will go down on the tier list and he said he wouldn't allow that if he was still in and said that clearly Zelda's need to step it up like I do. Which made me (^_^)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
hmmm DM has that been posted in Ankoku's thread? If not I think it should.

And well done Riot as well... 4th and 13th for doubles/singles respectively is good :)

MrEh

Smash Hero
We don't bother posting any results in Ankoku's thread.

We never seem to care about helping Zelda rise in a thread that serves no purpose. I wonder why. :D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Okay, I'll try to follow the format this time, lol:

Pound 4: Frederick, MD 1/16/10 - 1/18/10
49th out of 98 (doubles)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261884
Teamed with TUSM (Snake/DDD)

Won vs. LK + Deadly Drake (2-0)
Lost vs. Excel_Zero + LingLing (0-2)
Won vs. Fizz + Zander (2-0)
Lost vs. Neverknowsbest + K9 (0-2)

Mikey + Peachkid got the same placing, but I'm too lazy to look and see who they won/lost against.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Good job Kaylo!

I'm surprised Peachkid and Mikey did that... Peach and Peach is such an awful team. Annoying no doubt but ultimately unbalanced...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, they went double Peach? I thought they went Zelda + Peach, guess I heard him wrong. @.@ D'oh.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Oh, they went double Peach? I thought they went Zelda + Peach, guess I heard him wrong. @.@ D'oh.
???? I assumed they went Peach and Peach since they are both Peach mains. Neither of them has experience with doubles Zelda so if they did that no wonder it didn't work out too well. :p

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
???? I assumed they went Peach and Peach since they are both Peach mains. Neither of them has experience with doubles Zelda so if they did that no wonder it didn't work out too well. :p
Actually, I have decent experience as Zelda in doubles. The only time I got to try it, though, was against a Meta and a Dedede, and I got caught in the middle of everything way too much to do a whole lot. Then we switched and only did slightly better because I managed to kill both of the opponents when I was all by myself. I really wanted to try Zelda, but I don't think Peachkid was the right partner for me to try it with, as much as I adore the guy. ;.;

zeldspazz

Smash Master
@KayLo: Good **** :D

@Mikey: Really good **** at Pound! I watched your match against DEHF on stream, you did really good considering hes like the best Falco on the west coast. Congratz!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I see how it is..... when I post actual Zelda results, **** doesn't get updated. :mad:

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, its ok KLO. I'm gonna put mine up now so if they don't add mine then you know they don't care.

Steakfest 2, San Antonio, TX
17th out of 20 (Singles)
3rd out of 6 (Teams)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262726

Brawl Singles

1: Hylian ($60.00) [Ice Climbers]
2: Espy ($30.00) [Sonic]
3: Phantom X ($10.00) [Wario/Meta Knight/Ganondorf]
4: Bored [Ike]
5: K Prime [Pikachu]
5: Grayfox43 [Wolf]
7: JUJ [King Dedede/Meta Knight(?)]
7: Morningstar [Donkey Kong/Snake(?)]
9: Nike20
9: Maan
9: Pyledriver
9: Greywolf
13: 610
13: Zigsta
13: Castro
13: KoN
17: Greyfox
17: Paw!
17: Geoberos
17: KDawg

Lost to Pyledriver
Match 1: Zelda vs Snake (L)
Match 2: Falco vs Snake (W)
Match 3: Falco vs Snake (L)

Lost to 610
Match 1: Zelda vs Pikachu (L)
Match 2: Zelda vs Pikachu (L)

Brawl Doubles

1: We Lost to Alabama ($25.20) [Espy (Sonic) & Hylian (Meta Knight/Game & Watch)]
2: J and Silent Bob ($10.80) [Phantom X (Meta Knight/Wario) & K Prime (Pikachu)]
3: Graeyfox Squared [Grayfox43 (?) & Greyfox86 (Zelda)]
4: Lake of Rage [JUJ (Meta Knight) & Zigsta (Pokemon Trainer)]
5: Monkey Whores [Geoberos (Diddy Kong) & 610 (Pikachu)]
6: We Give it Slow and Hard [Maan (Ganondorf) & Tofer (Peach/Ness)]

It was a Round Robin cause of the lack of teams.

1st place: 0-2
2nd place: 1-2
4th place: 2-0
5th place: 2-0
6th place: 2-0

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Play N Trade Tampa 1/31
2nd out of 49 singles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263569

I went solo Zelda until parts of the final two matches where I had to quicken th pace against trumptight (fox) and in grand finals where RedHalberd jumped out on me really quick.

In other words, sheik only made a cameo appearencr in loser's finals and grand finals. Boo redhalberd for knowing my Zelda as much as I do

Top Bottom