• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Tournament Placings ~

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Let DM has his act of trolling. lol
Trolling on an internet forum by NOT posting there... that's new.

As a sidenote, it really bugs me that there're still absolutely no tournies I could go to. If things don't change I might have to start running my own tourney...

MrEh

Smash Hero
As a sidenote, it really bugs me that there're still absolutely no tournies I could go to. If things don't change I might have to start running my own tourney...
If there's no tournament scene, make one.

DM took the initiative, and look at us now. lol

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If there's no tournament scene, make one.

DM took the initiative, and look at us now. lol
You're on an island. You couldn't get away from his nagging and stalking..... you never stood a chance. :urg:

Jk <3 Bobby

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I'm reluctant to post such a mediocre placing, but we haven't gotten any results at alll lately...so

MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S) Racine, WI 10/10- 13th of 31 Entrants, I used mainly Zelda and maybe Pit for like 1 game.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252003

i took game one of each set, then got counterpicked really hardcore (MK for 3 sets straight)... :( yay zelda. /johns

someone help me think of an easy secondary to pick up. i'm ruling out mk though because i learned i can't space with him for crap lool.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'm reluctant to post such a mediocre placing, but we haven't gotten any results at alll lately...so

MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S) Racine, WI 10/10- 13th of 29 Entrants, I used mainly Zelda and maybe Pit for like 1 game.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252003

i took game one of each set, then got counterpicked really hardcore (MK for 3 sets straight)... :( yay zelda. /johns

someone help me think of an easy secondary to pick up. i'm ruling out mk though because i learned i can't space with him for crap lool.
In all seriousness you don't have to use MK as a secondary although he is the most obvious choice.

You should continue to practice with MK and become more familiar with him. Learn to space with him and that in turn will teach you how to space against him. Another reason why I recommend this is because you mentioned MK giving you problems in tournament.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
In all seriousness you don't have to use MK as a secondary although he is the most obvious choice.

You should continue to practice with MK and become more familiar with him. Learn to space with him and that in turn will teach you how to space against him. Another reason why I recommend this is because you mentioned MK giving you problems in tournament.
I feel the same way a lot of people think that just picking up MK will suddenly make them better or5 place better than what they're already placing.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That you place better with MK. Come on bro learn to comprehend words better.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That you place better with MK. Come on bro learn to comprehend words better.
I find it hard to believe that MK is the magic cure to make you place better. You're not going to just pick MK up and start ****** your region. Unless its a weak region.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Well if you already place decently with a low tier character and start using a character that's better, it only makes sense that you'll place better unless people in your region are more accustomed to fighting high tiers or something.

But yeah, MK was a secondary for awhile, I stopped using him though to develop Zelda more (lol). The same thing happened with Sheik too. I wouldn't say that I have a problem with MK specifically, I was just complaining about the number of MKs I had to fight that day. But a good MK is bound to cause anyone trouble no doubt. As well as anyone who plays a decent counterpick character. I'll take a spin with both however, it doesn't hurt using them every once in awhile.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Okie dokie, back from another tourney and I will use the random high blood pressure johns. Seriously, half way through the tourney, I'm about to d*** near faint during the match. Cost me against a Ness player. Oh well, enough excuses, just gotta get back in shape lol.

Still waiting for the place to post brackets but I think I was either 13th or 17th out of 40+ people. I had higher hopes but I suppose it's still good. Meh, just waiting on the LAN center now for brackets....

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I've learned to despise Gigs; still no brackets posted.

Next two or three tourneys I'm doing are the possible tourney at TommyG's (11/7), Rx Gaming (11/15), and Winterfest (12/18 - 12/20).

Snakeee, DM, you guys need to get to FL! :chuckle:

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I've learned to despise Gigs; still no brackets posted.

Next two or three tourneys I'm doing are the possible tourney at TommyG's (11/7), Rx Gaming (11/15), and Winterfest (12/18 - 12/20).

Snakeee, DM, you guys need to get to FL! :chuckle:
lol Nah I'd probably get pwned by everyone.

My father's spine surgery went well. Updating threads tonight.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Ok, I surrender on trying to get brackets from gigs. No choice, the poor place is closing down. During the final gigs I lost to:

I think I was 9th place out of 40+
No bracket proof but I'm certain I was 9th. Shaky got 7th and was my eliminator so I'm pretty sure. It's whatever to me.
Hungrybox (DDD): I just can't fight DDD, will get loads of practice @ TommyG's!
Shaky (Ness): Legit High Blood Pressure/Near Fainting johns. I'm gonna have to get back in shape to take care of this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252634

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Good job Riot!

I gotta ask, how come you don't do singles anymore? Just taking a break?
I make money from doubles and anything low tier. I don't make money in regular singles. I was constantly placing right outside the money places... or far outside them sometimes lol. So I stopped entering them. When I go to large tournaments I like to enter because there are a lot of people I don't play often rather than losing to the same few people all the time. It's a selfish break........

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
does this thread care about low tier results? since zelda is in low tier

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Giving credit to Snakeee for not only being the coolest person in the world but having a very good Zelda that I approve. :)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258197

Xyro77 said:
2vs2(low tier)

1: I want your Zair in my butthole (Xyro and Lee)==Samus+Ike
2: Giant Balls (PX and Espy)==Ganon+Sonic
3: Snakeeeeeee+gnes==Zelda=Ness
4: Sheep and Crow (Beah & Razer)==Mario+Ike
5: UTD Roy (Royr + UTD Zac)==Falcon+Zelda
5: We don't care (Dphat and Light)==Ness+Samus
7: Get rafe (Dojo + Bwett)=Ike/Falcon+Yoshi
7: We don't sleep (Hylian and K Prime)==Ike+Ness
9: Noob Spree (Scrub and Thoughtless)==Zelda+zelda
9: Where's Harvey (Riot and PJ)==Ness+Link
9: Team Manly (Batou and Srs C@)==????+Mario
9: Shlike & Broly (Shlike & Broly)==Samus+Ike
13: Narf (alex + wyatt)==Jiggs+Jiggs
13: Zori+Jerm== Jiggs+Link

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
9: Where's Harvey (Riot and PJ)==Ness+Link

Another Riot?!?!?! (O_O)

At least I seem to be more awesome-sauce...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Not you Riot cause you would use Zelda and not Ness...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm not sure if you're joking or being extremely slow.
I was joking...

Were you trying to say that I'm slow cause I know GodAtHand is a Zelda player and this Riot is a Ness player?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The riot in the results greyfox just posted was around since 2005(melee days). iirc he is the ORIGINAL riot. but he mains ness so yea

PS: i eat zeldas for supper!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
The riot in the results greyfox just posted was around since 2005(melee days). iirc he is the ORIGINAL riot. but he mains ness so yea

PS: i eat zeldas for supper!

HAHAHA...too good

Xyro, do you care for a little Lagfi against me? I need to better my Zelda for LT and LTT for HOBO/FS8. :)

Top Bottom