• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Social Thread

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Congrats BJN39. Regarding U-smash, I don't think that's possible. From my personal experience and the words of the PMDT, a person can't SDI out of the attack if you connect it properly. http://smashboards.com/threads/a-gu...ncess-zelda-3-5-updated.376385/#post-18932771

Also, the increase from 0 -> 0.25 on U-smash can make it easier to chain the attack. Before, when U-smash was not SDIable, you had no clue which direction your opponent would DI.

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
Is Lucas a good secondary for Zelda?
That is a very good question. I think the techniques you would learn from him would only assist your Zelda play. Wave dashing more, land cancelled specials, jump cancelled grabs, angles for up special, and b-reversed specials are all good for him and Zelda. He might even cover some of your MU weaknesses if you want to pick him up to defeat certain problematic characters like Marth and Bowser.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
That is a very good question. I think the techniques you would learn from him would only assist your Zelda play. Wave dashing more, land cancelled specials, jump cancelled grabs, angles for up special, and b-reversed specials are all good for him and Zelda. He might even cover some of your MU weaknesses if you want to pick him up to defeat certain problematic characters like Marth and Bowser.
I've been entertaining the thought of picking up another sparkly/magical/psychic character for a while now.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I've been entertaining the thought of picking up another sparkly/magical/psychic character for a while now.
For whatever reason, every Zelda I've met in person has delved a bit into ROB lol. Seems weird, but might be worth trying out if you're looking for secondaries. I guess his lasers are sparkly...? huehue

Downdraft

Smash Ace
For whatever reason, every Zelda I've met in person has delved a bit into ROB lol. Seems weird, but might be worth trying out if you're looking for secondaries. I guess his lasers are sparkly...? huehue
I briefly was interested in him in 3.02. He's been a major, recurring topic in the Tier Speculation thread, so maybe I'd be better off making a safer pick in the short run until 3.6 is released.

You alright? I haven't seen you much lately.

Last edited:

BlackMamba

Smash Apprentice
LOL really? That's hilarious. I dual main ROB and Zelda, didn't know it was a trend lmao

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I briefly was interested in him in 3.02. He's been a major, recurring topic in the Tier Speculation thread, so maybe I'd be better off making a safer pick in the short run until 3.6 is released.

You alright? I haven't seen you much lately.
That's true; he has a ton of really polarized MUs as far as I can tell. They're either pretty good or pretty terrible lol. To be fair though, pretty much noone knows the MU; it's even worse than Zelda, since at least people can relate her movement/combo weight to Peach's xD I beat Sheiks all the time, despite that being one of his hardest MUs. ROB's movement and projectile game really screws with people.

Yeah man! I appreciate the thought. I've just been focusing a bit more on my studies recently. Update on my smashing though - my ordered Wii and GC controllers (can't remember if I mentioned that I ordered them on one of the socials or not...) were shipped like 4 days late lol, but they should arrive within a week. Oh well lol.

LOL really? That's hilarious. I dual main ROB and Zelda, didn't know it was a trend lmao
LOLOL YUP. Apparently. And all 3-4 of the Zeldas I mentioned earlier weren't influenced by me at all; they started trying ROB on their own, without knowledge of my usage or from before they met me. It's pretty weird. Sorta like my hypothesis on Melee spacie trends - Marths often end up preferring Falco and Sheiks often end up preferring Fox. Probably has something to do with similar-ish movement.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGk9q0KIM40&index=16&list=PLcSDnlN_g2t6kJqHJe0TXrsmMGhRL0c3a I apologize for linking a playlist but I am in 3 of the 4 videos that will play. Skip the second video. I'm the Zelda on team Diabeetus.
Just wanted to point out that this got literally zero attention, despite 4tlas clutching out a sick 2v1 comeback to save the set. Def deserves some more love; shame on us for letting it get buried on the last page. Props 4tlas

EDIT: On another note, should we consider making a new video thread? The OP never really gets updated, and I feel some more Zeldas could do with exposure. We shouldn't limit ourselves to just the .gif thread aha

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
Thanks ECHOnce! I should make more gfycats but I'm lazy right now. And for some reason people seem to see vids more here than the vid thread...so people post here. Vicious cycle!

Downdraft

Smash Ace
That GIF thread is lacking because it doesn't do the work for other top Zeldas that don't make their own GIFs. In order to improve that thread, it should be a community effort. For all the people that don't contribute GIFs to that thread, we should copy Irish Dude's into that thread and make GIFs for players like Oracle.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Should we have any more threads stickied? Things like the other pieces of the Triforce threads are all quite helpful. A general Q and A thread stickied helps alleviate newer members from making new threads that could easily be answered there, most boards have a video thread highlighted, and @otheusrex 's thread is an innovative topic which is not only great for making theories real and testable, but should be more advertised as a whole because other characters could follow the same vein

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Should we have any more threads stickied? Things like the other pieces of the Triforce threads are all quite helpful. A general Q and A thread stickied helps alleviate newer members from making new threads that could easily be answered there, most boards have a video thread highlighted, and @otheusrex 's thread is an innovative topic which is not only great for making theories real and testable, but should be more advertised as a whole because other characters could follow the same vein
Yes, which is why one of our active contributors should be a mod. @ WhiteLightnin WhiteLightnin come back.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Are members of a board allowed to elect a mod? Who should we talk to? There isn't a Zelda PMDT member.
Magus doesn't count? He semi-does because he worked on her development, but I haven't seen him here much recently

I haven't really heard of people electing a mod per se, but since we're all the most active members of this thread I don't see a huge problem with it. We might have to contact someone like WarChamp or an Admin, maybe a Super Moderator. Not exactly sure, if one of us flits over to the General Discussion thread in PM I'm sure we can find someone to fit the bill and get in contact with

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Magus doesn't count? He semi-does because he worked on her development, but I haven't seen him here much recently

I haven't really heard of people electing a mod per se, but since we're all the most active members of this thread I don't see a huge problem with it. We might have to contact someone like WarChamp or an Admin, maybe a Super Moderator. Not exactly sure, if one of us flits over to the General Discussion thread in PM I'm sure we can find someone to fit the bill and get in contact with
I don't think so. ssbwiki states that "He is the main leader and developer of Project M." If that's truly the case, then perhaps he came here to explain his (PMDT's) reasoning behind Zelda's changes since he'd have the final say on changes.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Magus is a ridiculously good coder, and he coded the changes. I do not know if he personally designed or playtested the changes. I do not believe he intends to represent Zelda in any fashion.

We do need an active mod. I am usually checking Smashboards constantly and would be happy to help moderate if necessary. I have no idea how to start though.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Magus is a ridiculously good coder, and he coded the changes. I do not know if he personally designed or playtested the changes. I do not believe he intends to represent Zelda in any fashion.

We do need an active mod. I am usually checking Smashboards constantly and would be happy to help moderate if necessary. I have no idea how to start though.
I personally don't think it matters whom the mod is since our moderator will serve an organizational role more so than an enforcer since our board is quite civil and free of clutter. Mods answer to admins, so perhaps we should talk to someone like Hylian.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
I personally don't think it matters whom the mod is since our moderator will serve an organizational role more so than an enforcer since our board is quite civil and free of clutter. Mods answer to admins, so perhaps we should talk to someone like Hylian.
That is an excellent point. Its one of the reasons why I like participating in the Zelda forums.

Make us all mods.

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I've been quiet for a little while but not to worry I'm not going anywhere. I'm busy working as we speak. :) What's this about a savior though?

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I'm sorry I've been quiet for a little while but not to worry I'm not going anywhere. I'm busy working as we speak. :) What's this about a savior though?
This was mentioned in the Private Message group previously, but you're a prime candidate to be a moderator if you resumed your usual activity. I imagine most people that knew you before 3.5 would support your promotion.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
This was mentioned in the Private Message group previously, but you're a prime candidate to be a moderator if you resumed your usual activity. I imagine most people that knew you before 3.5 would support your promotion.
We really are in dire need of a moderator; while we don't have a full page worth of active topics like General Discussions it would help make these boards much more tidy as a whole
]

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
Alright everyone. Since the idea of us having a moderator to help organize our threads has seen a lot of interest lately I messaged @AlphaZealot, Smashboards' owner, to inquire about it and the possibility of perhaps having an election. I mentioned names of Zeldas who had mentioned interest in the position. Hopefully we'll hear back soon. :)

Last edited:

Sardonyx

星黄泉
Alright everyone. Since the idea of us having a moderator to help organize our threads has seen a lot of interest lately I messaged AlphaZealot, Smashboards' owner, to inquire about it and the possibility of perhaps having an election. I mentioned names of Zeldas who had mentioned interest in the position. Hopefully we'll hear back soon. :)
See I would have expressed interest in it, but I'm not exactly a Zelda player anymore for the most part

BlackMamba

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS8NpMoOgGw
Here's a set of ROB vs. Zelda, with me playing against Oracle. I'd say the fact that I dual main the two of them was definitely helpful during this set. Although I lost, I think I represented Zelda quite well, particularly in the second game (I'd like to imagine good things happening if I'd avoided that stage spike on my second to last stock lol). Anyway, glean from this what you will. I think ROB wins this matchup, btw. (Not really sure which thread to post this in other than the matchup thread...)

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS8NpMoOgGw
Here's a set of ROB vs. Zelda, with me playing against Oracle. I'd say the fact that I dual main the two of them was definitely helpful during this set. Although I lost, I think I represented Zelda quite well, particularly in the second game (I'd like to imagine good things happening if I'd avoided that stage spike on my second to last stock lol). Anyway, glean from this what you will. I think ROB wins this matchup, btw. (Not really sure which thread to post this in other than the matchup thread...)
The Zelda Video Discussion thread would be the perfect place. :) http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-video-discussion.333414/

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
FINALLY DONE WITH FINALS! Also, I just got to 10,000 VR in Marvio Kart 8

Also wait, is Black Mamba actually black? That's awesome​

Top Bottom