• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
Been said a billion times, but this Zelda design is amazing. She looks to be a good bit faster and have more tools this time around, too, with her Down B getting a lot of love from what I've heard.

Will definetly check out her playstyle once the game drops!

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin r_greening1 r_greening1
This was an emotional rollercoaster.

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo you probably have stopped playing Duel Links, but Yubel is now available to get, and we'll hopefully be getting 5Ds in a bit as well; so once Yubel's available, I think I might be able to run Fire Kings/Phoenix again after over a year. Which will be great tbh.
I log in once every while but yeah I don't really play the game anymore. Yubel looks sort of cool and she drops some plant monsters which is potentially interesting, but I'm really not sure if I'm gonna jump back in with how Konami's been running things. It's great to hear that your Phoenix deck might make a come back, it's great when new support comes out for a passion deck that isn't locked behind a paywall structure deck with otherwise old cards.
They basically ignored GX for the last year though, so I'm not really sure how well the 5D release will actually go to be honest.

The plant deck character for 5Ds might be fun to farm and use myself, and iirc Gem Knights and Six Samurai got synchro support that they could release, but beyond that the game's moved past the nostalgia that really kept me going. Level Monsters just don't have any more support left to put into the game, so much so they had to add anime-only cards in the last Chazz event.

To think he'd be my first +10 unit and not Cherche, Eliwood, Legault, or Selena.
I'm still waiting for Selena to get a prf before I +10 her.

It'll happen ANY DAY NOW :colorful:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin r_greening1 r_greening1
This was an emotional rollercoaster.
Top 10 Candime Betrayals. Press F to pay respect.

btw, Ophelia/Flora are gonna be in feh except they are pretty boring because they're Ayra levels of dumb, with Nina being a bow version of Leif. Silas is there and is the only one without a prf weapon. So he'll be the precious boi to be demoted, which is good, because he has some nice fodder skills. But more importantly, he is a good cute boi with an S+ Tier voice of cuteness.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i'm glad to see AC getting some more representation in smash

but the real hype is NEW ANIMAL CROSSING GAME IN 2019

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
brawl utilt was the best omg :' ( i like her ftilt a surprising amount too though bc its so dumb no one even knows what that move looks like and then u die to her waving her hand, also smash 4 jab bc its so fun to spam on shields when someone is cornered in the ledge and then it's just like
What will happen next?
A. Roll
B. Roll
C. Roll
D. Roll

also Isabelle looks sooooo cuteeeeee omggggg i think i might co-main her with Zelda

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
btw, Ophelia/Flora are gonna be in feh except they are pretty boring because they're Ayra levels of dumb, with Nina being a bow version of Leif. Silas is there and is the only one without a prf weapon. So he'll be the precious boi to be demoted, which is good, because he has some nice fodder skills. But more importantly, he is a good cute boi with an S+ Tier voice of cuteness.
Nina's Shining Bow is inheritable since it has a + at the end like the other regular weapons. Also, their stats got posted and along with Garon and three "new" heroes.

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9fp4q1/nohrian_dusk_garon_múspell_units_lvl_1_and_40/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=media&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=3bf194dfc28045b38d2fec89a58121af&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=9fp4q1.

Starting with the Nohrian Dusk heroes,

Ophelia's 38 HP, 37 Atk, 33 Spd, 20 Def, and 23 Res gives her 151 BST. The first person to come to mind was Mae despite the massive difference in resistance. She's probably going to want -HP with either +Atk or +Spd if you want to abuse Missiletainn with Infantry Pulse more easily. Compared to her dad, she's the glass cannon to his weirdly bulky, but can do damage with support. If she or Odin weren't the same color, I could see them being a dangerous father and daughter team since Odin would be able to give her +6 Atk/Spd with his unique refined tome or +6 Atk/Spd/Def/Res with the addition of Def/Res Link. He's a mage, so he'd give her -1 special cooldown through Missiletainn's effect and Odin's high HP, even if he's -HP, would let him run Infantry Pulse to further speed that up for -2 special cooldown at the start of turn 1 on top of Missiletainn's -1 special cooldown count.

Nina's 35 HP, 32 Atk, 37 Spd, 16 Def, and 31 Res gives her 151 BST. Compared to her dad, she has -2 HP, +6 Atk, +3 Spd, -1 Def, and -3 Res. Personally, I don't think it's fair to compare her to Niles as he's more of a mage tank. Nina's more closer to summer Gaius who has 34 HP, 30 Atk, 37 Spd, 19 Def, and 28 Res. Quite fitting considering her interests that's she's similar to a ginger stud in swim trunks. Her weapon's going to be interesting, since it's basically a bow version of Leif's Light Brand and at the moment, archers don't have a Wo Dao bow or anyone with a personal version of it. It's probably not going to be as powerful as Firesweep or Brave Bow, but it would be helpful for those who can take a hit and dish them out. Also, I love her regular attacking art since she sticks out her tongue. It's so funny and adorable.

Flora's 38 HP, 34 Atk, 23 Spd, 18 Def, and 38 Res gives her 151 BST. She's basically a resistance version of Hoshidan Festival Xander or a physical damage Julius with 4 less base speed for 3 more base resistance and 1 more base defense. She's also the slowest, regularly available dagger unit, something that used to belong to Jakob who has 31 speed. She's also kind of like her twin sister, if you flipped her offenses where Felicia is fast, but has low attack while Flora has high attack, but low speed.

Silas's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 24 Spd, 36 Def, and 21 Res gives him 156 BST. He's basically lance Frederick (43 HP, 35 Atk, 25 Spd, 36 Def, and 14 Res) and Walhart (41 HP, 37 Atk, 27 Spd, 36 Def, and 16 Res) with more resistance or a +Def and +Res, -HP and -Spd Quan without Gae Bolg. Neutral Quan has 44 HP, 37 Atk, 29 Spd, 31 Def, and 16 Res. He's pretty bulky and I think currently the only regularly summonable lance cavalry who leans to being a physical tank as Berkut, Clive, and for that matter, Camus and Finn aren't summonable and Quan has similar high, but not very high defense. Compared to Berkut, at neutral, Silas has 3 less HP and resistance, but much higher defense, so his raw physical bulk is higher than Berkut's. If only Berkut was summonable or a version of his lance was introduced to another unit who can be summoned because Silas could easily take +Def, -Spd or +Res, -Spd with a resistance refined Berkut's Lance to be a crazy wall. +Res, -Spd gives him the same resistance and 1 less speed than Berkut, but he'd have +5 defense over him, so taking a resistance refine is a bit easier as he'd have 36/35 defenses when attacked and this is without his default Steady Stance 3 boosting it up to 42/35 defenses or Even Def Wave being active which would give him 48/35 defenses. Anyway, with 36/35 defenses and 45 HP with a resistance refined Berkut's Lance, Silas would have 81 total or 59x2 physical bulk and 80 total or 58x2 magical bulk. For an "obvious demote", I'd say he's pretty damn good if you want a mobile wall.

Moving on to Garon, his 43 HP, 33 Atk, 22 Spd, 33 Def, and 32 Res gives him 163 BST. Pretty low for an armor, huh? Well, he's not. Apparently they made Garon into a red dragon. So, dude's basically a +Res, -Spd Nowi or ++Res, -Atk and -Def adult Tiki with 3 more HP.

And the three unexpected heroes.

Laevatein's 39 HP, 37 Atk, 31 Spd, 34 Def, and 22 Res gives her 163 BST. She's kind of like a +Atk and +Def, -HP Gray with a personally named sword. Not sure how she's going to fair with a -blade blade which as a reminder, gives her +3 attack too.

Laegjarn's 41 HP, 32 Atk, 36 Spd, 36 Def, and 17 Res gives her 162 BST. Essentially, +Def, -Res New Year's Camilla and possibly one that's regularly available which makes her really good as she'd be the only, reasonable option for a high defense sword flier. As a reminder, her sword, Niu, gives her +3 speed, so she's going to be as fast as Caeda for the most part. In that case, +Atk and Niu's speed boost would effectively give her 35/39 offenses. She wouldn't have effective damage against armors or cavalry, but she would be able to get 50% of their field buffs added to her attack, speed, defense, and resistance. Safeguard would make her into a physical wall.

Helbindi's gives him 44 HP, 35 Atk, 18 Spd, 35 Def, and 31 Res gives him 163 BST. Hawkeye if he was a gen 2 unit. Seriously, as Hawkeye has 45 HP, 33 Atk, 22 Spd, 28 Def, and 30 Res for +1 HP, -2 Atk, -4 Spd, -7 Def, and -1 Res compared to Helbindi. Dude's a tank and we're getting another axe infantry. He'd be a decent partner for Odin or any -blade mage with his axe giving +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res on odd turns. Odin in particular would be able to give him +6 Atk/Spd where the attack part is what he really wants and if Odin had Def/Res Link, then Helbindi becomes even more bulkier. That said, you could just forgo his axe and give him Slaying Axe+ for the usual wall of fire and sharp things build.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Re: favorite Zelda move

Practicality: Nayru's. It does so many things for Zelda and is quite bs to deal with sometimes to be completely honest. I still find myself trying to use it when I choose a different character every 100 years

Aesthetics: Usmash. Definitely my favorite move to kill with, although it doesn't happen too often...
Been my favorite move since Brawl's woodchipper version. Idk something about all the hits of it just gives me good vibes lol. I'm glad to see that it'll play a bigger part in Zelda's moveset in Ultimate since the hitbox has been buffed

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Isabelle fans? :nifty:

Time to give my general thoughts on the Direct and each game they revealed! :yeahboi:

Luigi's Mansion - Nice to see this appear on the 3DS, as much as I'd like to pick it up. I'll pass on it.
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn - Cute, and charming; but I'll probably skip it.
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser's Jr. Journey - I really loved the original Bowser's Inside Story. However, I feel like some charm in this one got lost in updating it. I miss the personality, reaction and whatnot from what I've seen.
YO-KAI Watch Blasters - Couldn't get into YO-KAI WATCH. PASS.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - I'm glad that we're getting another Luigi's Mansion. I liked both the original and 2; hoping this one is going to be good too, but curious whether it'll follow the formula of 1 or the mission based objectives in 2.
Splatoon 2 Ver. 4.0 - Oh nice. New gear, new maps and new weapons! Have fun! :yeahboi:
Mega Man 11 - I've played the demo of this, it was fun, might consider this. Dunno though.
Mario Tennis Aces Update - Ayy, it's ya boys! The crew is here! Birdo, Shy Guy, Paratroopa and Petey!
CAPCOM BEAT' EM UP BUNDLE - This is pretty :nifty:. I always liked Captain Commando thanks to Marvel vs. Capcom and his theme from NxC. I wish CapCom appeared more often, since he's only be playable I guess four times outside of his own game. rip Captain Commando.
NSMBU Deluxe - Eh, good thing I didn't get it whilst it was on Wii U. But I dunno, does it seems worth it just to play as Toadette? Hmm...
Katamari Damacy REROLL - I've never played Katamari, and this looks cute and charming. Plus, I like the idea on you just take all kinds of objects, animals and humans. And you just make them into stars. Would that be classified as murder? :V
Nintendo Switch Online - I know some people are very cautious about this, but honestly; I'm fine with the price point, it's cheap compared to what you have to pay for XBOX or PS4's Online Services. So I'm down with it. £15/$20 a year is better then £50/$60 a year. Also, I loved the trailer, it was wholesome.
Pokemon Let's GO! - I'm still cautious about this, since I wanna experience the good old random battles; and the fact that there's no Pro Controller supports saddens me, since I really wanna be using my controller instead of the Joy-Con. Oh well. I might get this eventually, not so sure though.
Diablo III - No thanks.
Super Mario Party - I'm glad that we got Mario Party back. FINALLY! And in it's original glory, now we can ruin friendships once again!
TOWN - *Shrug* No comment really, seems niche.
Cities: Skylines - I'll stick to watching RTGame ruining his towns and cities with meteorites. :secretkpop:
DAEMON x MACHINA - I might give this one a shot, it does seem interesting and it reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles X due to the mechs and how fast you run.
Yoshi's Crafted World - This is adorable. I haven't actually played a Yoshi game before either, so this will be a perfect opportunity.
Asmodee Digital - ...What?
CIV VI - I don't think I'll be that engaged with the Civilization series. So I'll probably pass on this too.
Starlink: Battle for Atlas - I like the idea of StarFox coming to help out, plus it seems interesting. Also, I love how Wolf sounds.
TWEWY - Never played this, but I've heard a lot of positive stuff with it. May get it.
Xenoblade 2 - HELL YEAH BAYBEE!

And now, time for the Quick Fire Round!
Warframe - Pass!
FIFA 19 - LOL, get that crap away from me EA, you greedy monsters!
NBA 2k19 - LOL, get that crap away from me 2K, you greedy monsters!
NBA Playergrounds 2 - *Shrug*
Just Dance 2019 - Why get it on Switch? When you can get it on Wii?
Team Sonic Racing - I've played all of the Sumo Digital games when they joined SEGA. So I'd be down with this, they make solid racing games.
LEGO DC Super-Villains - This looks like it'll be funny. Though I've only ever played City Undercover.

And now EIGHT Final Fantasy games coming soon! :V

Crystal Chronicles - Surprised this is coming out on Switch, I did enjoy it when it came out on Gamecube. Might try it out again.
Maxima - I did hear some worries about this at first, but it seems like a solid game to give a try.
Chocobo's Journey - EVERYBUDDY - Welp, we got our Mystery Dungeon fill again. First with Touhou, and now Final Fantasy, not that I'm complaining. I like Dungeon Crawlers.
XV Pocket Edition HD - I loved that everyone was so upset about this. I can see some people enjoying this, it looks decently nice.
XII, Zodiac Age - Okay, I'll admit; I wasn't expecting 12 to make it onto Switch.
VII, IX, X/X-2 - WHAT!? FF9 IS COMING TO SWITCH!? HEEEEELLLLLL YEAH! :yeahboi:

Super Smash Bros. - I'll admit, I wasn't super stoked for Isabelle, but I'm happy that she made it into the game as a fighter. Well done Isabelle! You finally got your holiday! <3
Animal Crossing - There you go. You got your Animal Crossing, I'm happy for you all.~

Overall, it was a decent direct. There weren't any groundbreaking or huge reveals, but it was still a nice direct. I was hoping for Shadow to be revealed for Smash, but maybe next Direct?

I log in once every while but yeah I don't really play the game anymore. Yubel looks sort of cool and she drops some plant monsters which is potentially interesting, but I'm really not sure if I'm gonna jump back in with how Konami's been running things. It's great to hear that your Phoenix deck might make a come back, it's great when new support comes out for a passion deck that isn't locked behind a paywall structure deck with otherwise old cards.
They basically ignored GX for the last year though, so I'm not really sure how well the 5D release will actually go to be honest.

The plant deck character for 5Ds might be fun to farm and use myself, and iirc Gem Knights and Six Samurai got synchro support that they could release, but beyond that the game's moved past the nostalgia that really kept me going. Level Monsters just don't have any more support left to put into the game, so much so they had to add anime-only cards in the last Chazz event.
I can understand where you're coming from, due to how scummy Konami are being with the game. Nerfing Gems, putting Structure Decks behind paywalls. It's not a good practice.

Might as well give my thoughts on each important card from Yubel's Rewards!

Yubel
Level 10
Fiend/Effect
DARK
0 ATK/0 DEF

This card cannot be destroyed by battle, you take no battle damage when involving this card. Once per turn, you must tribute one monster on your side of the field to keep this card on the field. If you cannot, destroy this card. If this card is destroyed by a Card Effect, you can Special Summon "Yubel - Terror Incarnate".

This card I can see being... Eh? Since it requires you to get rid of monsters just to keep it on the field, but the destruction effect by card effect I can see being good in a Fire King/Phoenix deck. Since cards like Yaksha and Fire King Island can be used to destroy your own Yubel to bring out Terror Incarnate which then pretty much field nukes both Monster Zones. However, I'll need to experiment with it some more before I can make my final judgements on it.

Grave Squirmer
Level 1
Fiend/Effect
DARK
0 ATK/0 DEF

If this card is destroyed by battle, target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

I dunno whether to say this is a better Man-Eater Bug or not. But its effect does seem nice, it could synergise with Yubel to get rid of her to bring out Terror Incarnate, but again; I think there are better cards to use with Yubel instead of Grave Squirmer (This one seems too slow imo).

Samsara Lotus
Level 1
Plant/Effect
DARK
0 ATK/0 DEF

During your End Phase, if you control no Spells or Trap Cards. You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in Attack Position, during each of your Standby Phases; this card's controller takes 1000 Damage.

Honestly... I don't think this seems good? Since you'll be taking Burn Damage yourself, unless there's a reason for doing this? Hard to say really.

Regenerating Rose
Level 5
Plant/Effect
DARK
0 ATK/1500 DEF

If this card is destroyed by battle, you can Special Summon two Regenerating Rose Tokens (Plant/DARK/Level 3, 1200 ATK/1200 DEF).

I have no comment on this one, it doesn't seem good; just to get a weak monster out just so you can get 2 tokens out. Mecha Phantoms can do this much faster and better. Kuriboh can splash them quickly with Multiply, and even some of the URs you can get provide Tokens even faster then this. So this is a no go.

The rest are not worth talking about. :V

Also, the YGO 5Ds rewards got datamined. We got a bunch of them revealed; so I'll leave them in a spoiler again. :V

Junk Beserker
Shield Warrior
Dash Warrior
Fortress Warrior
Fighting Spirit
Tricular
Bicular
Rockstone Warrior
Unicycular
Junkuriboh
Blackwing - Elphin the Raven
Blackwing - Ghibli the Searing Wind
Blackwing - Fane the Steel Chain Against the Wind
Blackwing - Bombardment Blackwing - Boreas the Sharp
Blackwing - Brisote the Tailwind
Blackwing - Boobytrap Crow Goblin
Blackwing - Hillen the Tengu-wind
Rosaria, the Stately Fallen Angel
Revival Rose
Rose Witch
Dark Verger Thorn of Malice
Rose Tentacles
Ivy Shackles
Star Siphon
Rose Spectre of Dunn
Queen of Autumn Leaves
Morphtronic Videon
Morphtronic Cameran
Morphtronic Repair Unit
Morphtronic Map
Morphtronic Mix-up
Morphtronic Vacuumen
Morphtronic Cord
Power-Up Adapter
Gadget Hauler
Morphtronic Magnen Bar
Regulus
Elemental Grace Doriado
Sunlight Unicorn
Wattfox Cupid
Volley Nettles
White Potan
Black Potan
Fairy's Gift
Water Element

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Favourite move is Farore's. I'm such a scrub that's I will absolutely go for gimmicky UpB kills and fish for "Fake out" UpB to stage instead of ledge hits.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Got up to a 5.75% pity rate trying to get Flora, broken by Lene and Grey so I hate them.

Nammy12 Nammy12 , iirc you run a +10 Selena, would she be able to run Safeguard? I'm thinking either her or NY!Camilla.

Grey looks...useless. I have Exalted Chrom for Sword Valor and anti-horse sword seems more niche then Armorsmasher.

Always remember that in-universe Silas is so sexy he was Camilla's first true love, and rejected her because he's an even bigger Corrinsexual then she is.

but the real hype is NEW ANIMAL CROSSING GAME IN 2019
Along with Bayonetta 3, mainline Pokemon, FE: 3 Houses, Yoshi, and iirc Metroid Prime 4.

Hopefully it'll be spread out well throughout the year instead of literally everything in the last three months like this year kind of feels like.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Got up to a 5.75% pity rate trying to get Flora, broken by Lene and Grey so I hate them.

Nammy12 Nammy12 , iirc you run a +10 Selena, would she be able to run Safeguard? I'm thinking either her or NY!Camilla.

Grey looks...useless. I have Exalted Chrom for Sword Valor and anti-horse sword seems more niche then Armorsmasher.

Always remember that in-universe Silas is so sexy he was Camilla's first true love, and rejected her because he's an even bigger Corrinsexual then she is.

Along with Bayonetta 3, mainline Pokemon, FE: 3 Houses, Yoshi, and iirc Metroid Prime 4.

Hopefully it'll be spread out well throughout the year instead of literally everything in the last three months like this year kind of feels like.
Yeah I can see her running it well
I usually run slaying because of aether for scoring; but steady breath, safeguard, ignis, and qr seems like a strong combo.

ofc the biggest part of the build is steady breath.
If she doesn't have that then I'd probably recommend slaying, bonfire, and qr

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
On the topic of favorite Zelda moves, I like her Utilt and Up Smash. She draws in the air, magic happens, and people die. Alternatively, people fall out of Up Smash or she misses completely with either move and we get to watch an awkward Zelda fruitlessly flailing her arms about desperately trying to look like a legitimate fighter in Smash. Her Down Special in Melee and Brawl were cool too. I mean, who else gets to become a better character by using one of their specials? :p

broken by Lene and Grey so I hate them.
You could give Lene to me. I'd be able to have a +5 Lene that way. Clair also wants her future husband, so Gray would be nice too. :p

Gray's balanced like most of the villagers which doesn't really help him as a sword infantry with a regular weapon. Zanbato was cool at first, but with how many legendary/personal swords there are and many of them being really stupid, it's not that great compared to your other regular options of Slaying Edge, Wo Dao, Safeguard, Barrier Sword, Brave Sword, or Ruby Sword. Armors being so prevalent in arena makes Armorsmasher even better. What doesn't help is that Wing Sword was later granted to Caeda and offensively, her 25/37 or 29/37 with +Atk with effective damage against two movement types and a personal, 16 Mt sword is probably better than 35/32, 38/32 +Atk, or 35/35 +Spd offenses with effective damage against one movement type with a regular, 14 Mt sword. Gray (and Tobin) would really want to be given a Rapier to give him effective damage against cavalry and armors or a rip-off of Divine Tyrfing to reference dread fighters in Shadows of Valentia taking half damage from magic. That would end up making Seliph look even worse, though since Gray's speed is much higher and going +Spd, -Res for Gray would give him the same base resistance as Seliph. He'd also have 1 more attack, 9 more speed, and the same defense all for 4 less health. There are plenty of fast mages and Reinhardt and inflated stats in infernal and abyssal difficulties exist, so Gray would still want Deflect Magic, but in other fights and against slower enemies, Gray would have an easier time dealing with them.

At the moment, +Spd, -HP Gray would be good if you want to use him since he'd have 35/35 offenses with pretty good bulk and you can just keep him as another arena assault grunt to deal with cavalry, whenever he shows up as a bonus unit for arena, and for HM grinding.

Edit: Forgot about my usual summoning nonsense. The second one was on a whim and it was very, very rewarding as you shall see.
4* Catria #1: +Def, -Res.

4* Laslow: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Mae: +Res, -Spd.

4* Marth: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Roy: +Atk, -Def.

4* Athena: +Res, -HP. Y'know, I like Athena, but it just sucks that Mia has the same stats as her and a personal Wo Dao. That BST A passive thing is also crappy since I wished they would have addressed the boosted BST thing by actually increasing the BST of the pre-Ayra era of units. Even if it's just increasing their health or dump stats, for example using Athena, giving her +6 HP. At the very least, she'd have 162 BST even if her hypothetical 42 HP, 31 Atk, 38 Spd, 27 Def, and 24 Res would still be not that great of a stat spread compared to Mia's 38 HP, 32 Atk, 40 Spd, 28 Def, and 25 Res.

4* Catria #2: +Def, -Atk.

4* Clair: +Atk, -HP. The boon and bane I wanted so much for her (and Caeda who I have a +Atk, -Def one, so that's fine). Clair went from showing up as -Atk and -Spd constantly before showing up as +Spd prompting me to promote her a couple weeks back and now she shows up as +Atk, -HP. I have been blessed by Mila and also tormented by her considering what Clair started out as.

3* Gwendolyn: +Spd, -Def.

3* Raigh: +Spd, -HP.

My primary merge project starting as of now.
Screenshot_20180914-144730.png

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
*sees the Nintendo Direct with Isabelle for SmashU and then Animal Crossing Switching for 2019!*

*then Helbindi for FEH's next banner on the 22nd!!!*

*tries to think of media that properly displays my uncontrollable and almost volitile excitement*

Ah, yes, of course.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*then Helbindi for FEH's next banner on the 22nd!!!*
There are some people who think Helbindi, Laegjarn, and Laevatein will be available as free heroes too. One reason being the next arena season only has Fjorm as an old, summonable unit and Ethlyn as a recently available free unit where Fjorm's kind of in the Askr trio's place for that season. If you used the free, story reward Fjorm for skill inheritance or feathers, then you'd be even more screwed other than the whole, she, vanguard Ike, and every free hero is useful for PvE. Anyway, everyone else, the four Nohrian Dusks, Garon, the three Muspell heroes, is new and where only Garon is guaranteed for everyone as he's a GHB. I wouldn't be surprised if the developers want us to try to get all the seven other heroes by summoning, but it probably would piss off people, especially considering how arena works now where you need the bonus units to get kills.

There's also the three heroes quests coming up and book 2 quests which all are active during the Muspell banner. Who knows. It'd be awfully generous of them to give us the three, especially Laegjarn who is the first sword flier with ~35 defense. Helbindi and Laevatein are no slouches either with Helbindi being an insane tank with Odd Spectrum Wave on his axe and Laevatein has a -blade blade that also gives her +3 attack to her already high 37 attack.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Vampire Killers? :nifty::ultsimon::ultzelda:

Yeah I can see her running it well
I usually run slaying because of aether for scoring; but steady breath, safeguard, ignis, and qr seems like a strong combo.

ofc the biggest part of the build is steady breath.
If she doesn't have that then I'd probably recommend slaying, bonfire, and qr
Didn't ask this when it first came out earlier this month. But how're you feeling the BBTAG balance patch?

I'm sure you're greatful that Ruby got nerfed and Chie got buffed. :yeahboi:

Anyway, Yubel's going to be unlockable today; so I'll be going to unlock her, and level her up a bunch just so I can get my Gems so I can make some decks and hopefully get to making a vampire deck. :V

But on the plus side, 5Ds will be coming soon, hoping that we'll get some real good cards from unlocking duelists like Yusei and so on.

Also helped out carry a 6ft wide carpet, it's to go in the garage my dad is renovating into a room to put his railway. So that'll be nice, but he'll have to move his entire railway from the room upstairs to the garage, so that'll be a hassle and a half.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I can confirm that Zelda can cancel phantom with shield. My friend played today in Chicago and I will post the video.

This means we can start phantom, shield, and it will delay the CURRENT charge level as long as it's not hit and she's not

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I can confirm that Zelda can cancel phantom with shield. My friend played today in Chicago and I will post the video.

This means we can start phantom, shield, and it will delay the CURRENT charge level as long as it's not hit and she's not
I take back everything negative I said about Phantom slash, you were right all along. My world is upside-down and I am standing on my head.

Please forgive me, for I have been trash.

Are you saying that it is storable? Or will it go as a weak punch?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've been lazy with my monthly avatar changes, so this is long overdue and for that, I shall be punished. :p

Nah, it's just a cool work of art that I'd like to link, but the artist apparently does some NSFW work, so... yeah. Just Google "punished venom link" and search by image using this image since the source, I think it's by that Twitter user, doesn't show up on Google images. For me at least. Related to my avatar, I've pretty much 100% Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain outside of developing every offline gear and finishing the key dispatch missions which are annoying. I don't think I've finished the dispatch missions for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood or Revelations either or maybe they weren't for anything, but resources. I don't remember. Unlike in Peace Walker, stuff doesn't happen if you're not playing except for online gear and FOB platform construction. So, missions you send your soldiers out and offline gear you're developing require that you are playing, or just sitting around in the ACC, Motherbase, or some remote location in Afghanistan or Africa, and time passes. For offline gear, it's not that big of deal, but for missions, it's really annoying if they fail, so you have to wait another hour or so -- the last few missions are 2 hours in duration.

I like the game as a continuation of Peace Walker where you have instanced missions, get to Fulton people and stuff, develop weapons and other items. It's not like the Metal Gear Solid of Guns of the Patriots and before which are much more linear. Ground Zeroes arguably is closer to those games despite basically being a tech demo and having instanced missions like Peace Walker. For me, that's not a problem since I liked Peace Walker and I liked GotP, Snake Eater, and Sons of Liberty and other linear stealth games, but I can see why people did not like The Phantom Pain. There was a comment saying TPP was like Far Cry 3 instead of a Metal Gear game. Anyway, it has its problems of which the story as some may know is incomplete and kind of awkwardly pieced together. There are high points like one specific mission on Mother Base, but then there's your usual do mercenary stuff missions because they're connected to Cipher and oh! story time. I am not going to put anyone to blame because of the mess involved with Konami and Kojima Productions as far as we know what happened, but it is disappointing that the game literally does not have an ending. Or rather, it does, but that ending is more like an epilogue that leads up to Metal Gear 1, but doesn't actually end TPP's missing, third chapter about Eli.

So, there's my spiel about MGSV: TPP. Pretty late, but Luigi's Mansion 3 being announced is great. I still need to finish Dark Moon, though.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I take back everything negative I said about Phantom slash, you were right all along. My world is upside-down and I am standing on my head.

Please forgive me, for I have been trash.

Are you saying that it is storable? Or will it go as a weak punch?
It is not storable. In the video I have, I'm driving rn sorry. She short hops, starts phantom, lands, and shields. It then sits there and will perform it's attack after a delay.

So you can start phantom someone runs in to punish you. You shield and block the hit for the phantom and then it ****ing punishes them. Or you grab and let the phantom attack them.

Now you get why I was so excited. And why it's literally her whole game now, like bananas for Diddy

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It is not storable. In the video I have, I'm driving rn sorry. She short hops, starts phantom, lands, and shields. It then sits there and will perform it's attack after a delay.

So you can start phantom someone runs in to punish you. You shield and block the hit for the phantom and then it ****ing punishes them. Or you grab and let the phantom attack them.

Now you get why I was so excited. And why it's literally her whole game now, like bananas for Diddy
We should name the phantom gorl if ha role is so important. Also we need an official emoji of the phantom.

Anyway, let's name the phantom Phantasia Kween instead of Phantom Knight. Dani Phantom is another. Or perhaps Phantom Kween for simplicity's sake.

Zelgius is also an option because his name begins with a Z like Zelda and lolBKboi from FE.

Decisions, decisions. :secretkpop:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
UPDATE: so I had placebo eyes. The move ended as soon as she landed out of the short hop. The move seems incredibly fast.

What I can confirm is the move charges by itself. And you press B again when you want the phantom to attack.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's already named Shovel Knight Deconfirmed
Ah, naming a phantom knight after a dead game's mascot. :secretkpop:

7/10, but it's equally edgy and spooky.

You already know who I'm whaling for next week. He's such a good boy.
I hope we can pick at least 1 for free, but that's doubtful. We all need a gud tuff boi on our team.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's going on Stuck In HR 5 fans? :nifty::nifty::ultzelda:

Just watching the BBTAG Tournament at SoCal Regionals, well more like catching up with it. Hoping for some variety in this tournament.

Also, the idea of a Fire King Yubel deck is actually coming to fruition, and it provides strong lockdown.

This is the deck that I found for it (Though two cards are missing for it due to not coming out till later next week).

Duelist: Yubel
Skill: "My Name Is Yubel"

Monsters:
x2/3 Yubel
x1 Yubel - Terror Incarnate
x1 Yubel - Ultimate Nightmare
x2/3 Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys
x1 Sphere Kuriboh
x3 Fire King Yaksha
x1 Fire King Barong

Spells:
x2 Forbidden Dress
x2 Enemy Controller/Super Rush Headlong
x3 Fire King Island

Traps:
x1 Treacherous Trap Hole

The aim for this is to get Terror Incarnate and Phoenix out quickly. Since TI can field nuke both player's Monster Zones, and because of that; Phoenix will be constantly returning to the field to get rid of both player's Spells & Traps. Pretty much stopping the opponent from doing anything.

Forbidden Dress allows Yaksha to run over monsters, and it protects Yubel; since the 600 ATK loss is meaningless to Yubel who is already at 0 ATK. It can help protect from Fire King Island once it gets destroyed, a very strong card for this deck imo.

The only things I think can really hard counter it is if your opponent uses Lava Golem on you. But that can easily be stopped if you have one the Trap to revive a monster. So if they get out Lava Golem by tributing your Phoenix and TI, just use Limit Reverse and Yubel's back; plus TI can be returned to the field by changing her to Defense Mode and getting rid of Lava Golem.

Fur Hires may have a good shot getting rid of this, simple by using Donpa and Wiz to get rid of either Yubel or negating the effect of Island or Forbidden Dress.

However, this deck right now won't work; we need Terror Incarnate which is a reward from Lv. 50 Yubel, and Ultimate Nightmare which is a reward from Lv. 60 Yubel. I think this will be the first time that a LD reached Lv. 60.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
UPDATE: so I had placebo eyes. The move ended as soon as she landed out of the short hop. The move seems incredibly fast.

What I can confirm is the move charges by itself. And you press B again when you want the phantom to attack.
That's too bad, Shield cancelling would've been excellent with or without the delay.

New question for all you gorls: If you could have one piece of Zelda's jewlery, which piece would you want?

Personally I'd be going for the gold shoulderpads, or I'd want the golden belt chain thing if it came with the hyrule design banner attached to it.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I think one of EODM07 EODM07 's blessed dreams has ended up on youtube somehow:

tbh everything of DitzyFlama's brings me much joy and I have no idea why.

New question for all you gorls: If you could have one piece of Zelda's jewlery, which piece would you want?

Personally I'd be going for the gold shoulderpads, or I'd want the golden belt chain thing if it came with the hyrule design banner attached to it.
I'd go for the Twilight Princess' version of the golden shoulder pads. They're so fierce. I could see them as a part of a flashy wrestler's outfit or on a runway model. Versatility is key for expensive gear, gorls.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, the third Catherine's full name in Catherine: Full Body was revealed. It's Qatherine. It works, I guess? They've also announced that there will be DLC allowing you to change Catherine's voice with 10 other voices. I don't know why they're doing that, but that's pretty neat. I think it might be Japan-only as I don't know if they want to go through that trouble with the English and other dubs if it has any other dubs.

The Smash Ultimate bundle has me conflicted. I don't own a Switch, so getting this would let me get both Ultimate and Smash, but I don't like that Ultimate would be a digital copy. Unless I don't have a choice, I'd rather have a physical copy mainly because I like physical copies and as a safety net in case something goes wrong. Still, the idea of having Smash available at all times is great. That said, as much as I like Smash, I feel like I'd rather pick up Octopath Traveler, Mario + Rabbids, or Breath of the Wild as my first Switch game. Splatoon 2 too since I never played the first having not owned a Wii U, so it would be good to see what's all the hubbub is about.

For FEH stuff: I don't know why I summoned. Was I hoping for a 5* Cherche or 5* Odin for merges? Was I hoping for a +Atk, -HP 5* Celica because unique refined Ragnarok is stupid? Who knows. Speaking of stupid stuff, I kind of want to give Odin Close Counter, but that's a terrible idea even if he can do well with it.
4* Henry: +Def, -HP.

4* Nino: +Def, -Res.

4* Ogma: +Def, -Res. Neat. He's not -Atk, -Spd, -Def, or -HP. It'd be hilarious if they ever give him a personal sword and it has L&D3 as its effect. He'd be able to have 0 resistance with -Res and double L&D3 since -Res Ogma and Bartre and Virion have 10 base resistance.

3* Peri: +Res, -Def.

3* Wrys: +Spd, -Atk.

Also, I just remembered why I started to like Clair so much. It's her "My, my..." poke quote. Something about it is amusing and funny to me that even when she first showed up as -Atk, I couldn't really dislike her. Then I played SoV, heard her lines in that game, saw her support and base conversations, and yeah, she ended up being one of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem. Now, if only I had a bunch of BH Ikes for Steady Breath and a bunch of Seliphs, feathers, and incentive to actually build another red sword. Seliph's character is quite compelling to me even if he's meh as a unit. I need and want so many feathers and Shield Pulse, especially Shield Pulse. I hope they introduce a character with Shield Pulse who becomes a 4* demote soon. I need to experience Pavise, Shield Pulse, double L&D3 Raven while also having more Shield Pulse for more Shield Pulse shenanigans on an eventual Karla or whoever.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
The Smash Ultimate bundle has me conflicted. I don't own a Switch, so getting this would let me get both Ultimate and Smash, but I don't like that Ultimate would be a digital copy. Unless I don't have a choice, I'd rather have a physical copy mainly because I like physical copies and as a safety net in case something goes wrong. Still, the idea of having Smash available at all times is great. That said, as much as I like Smash, I feel like I'd rather pick up Octopath Traveler, Mario + Rabbids, or Breath of the Wild as my first Switch game. Splatoon 2 too since I never played the first having not owned a Wii U, so it would be good to see what's all the hubbub is about.
Easy, do what I do and get the bundle, get the digital code, download smash onto your 128gb SD card (fairly cheap) and then just... Buy a smash case. No game, just the case. Boom, now you have the quick functionality of downloaded smash that can be re-downloaded if your switch breaks and you also have the "physical copy" to make your shelf look nice. Now you can't lose your copy, have it stolen, or have it break.

I do not understand why this isn't common practice. Also, scratch buying a case, you have the bundle box! Even better! It's a limited edition collectible that looks really nice at the top of your collection of now-unusable Xbox 360 games. Smash is likely your favorite game or at least the one you spend the most time on, so why not have a bigger box to show it off with?

There is exactly one situation that I can imagine where the physical version might be better, and that is in the event of a world ending scenario. Tough to download something with no internet...

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
How's it going Vampire Killers? :nifty::ultsimon::ultzelda:

Didn't ask this when it first came out earlier this month. But how're you feeling the BBTAG balance patch?

I'm sure you're greatful that Ruby got nerfed and Chie got buffed. :yeahboi:

Anyway, Yubel's going to be unlockable today; so I'll be going to unlock her, and level her up a bunch just so I can get my Gems so I can make some decks and hopefully get to making a vampire deck. :V

But on the plus side, 5Ds will be coming soon, hoping that we'll get some real good cards from unlocking duelists like Yusei and so on.

Also helped out carry a 6ft wide carpet, it's to go in the garage my dad is renovating into a room to put his railway. So that'll be nice, but he'll have to move his entire railway from the room upstairs to the garage, so that'll be a hassle and a half.

The patch mainly brought others up to the level of top tiers and gave some characters some stupid tools

Ruby's still dumb and oppressive and buzzsaw is still godlike in cross combos.
The only difference is that now ruby players might actually have to think sometimes instead of just randomly pressing 5b in neutral

chie might be the worst in the game now due to the other garbage tiers getting way more substantial buffs than her.
Thats not really too bad tho and it just shows how balanced the game is overall

also I got third at a monthly
could have gotten second if I didnt **** up my combo at the end

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going SCR Fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

So I didn't get to watch all of SoCal Regionals for Smash, but I heard it was quite refreshing.

1st. Elegant :4luigi:
2nd. Tea :4pacman:
3rd. Tamushika :4duckhunt:
4th. Raito :4duckhunt::4lucina:
5th. Eon :4fox:
5th. bt.yamato :4littlemac:
7th. BestNess :4ness:
7th. 8BitMan :4rob::4diddy::4cloud:

I mean, look at that variety, it's nuts to be honest.

I also did check out parts of the BBTAG Tournament, sadly a Ruby won the tournament. Which is saddening.

I like Gordeau so he gets a pass from me, but Ruby is dumb. Really dumb. :V

1st. Jona (Ruby/Gordeau)
2nd. Kazunoko (Ruby/Gordeau)
3rd. Coopa (Waldstein/Blake)
4th. ZomBmu (Orie/Es)
5th. SonicFox (Carmine/Blake)
5th. Punk (Yu/Jin)
7th. Nyan-Derthal (Jubei/Yang)
7th. Element (Hakumen/Gordeu)

Disappointed that Team Scythe is still damn strong, JUST HIT RUBY WITH MORE NERFS MORI-SAN! DO IT DAMMIT! :tsubakree:

But hopefully when the 5th Fate joins the roster, maybe they'll overpower Ruby? :secretkpop:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
When you need a costume that is spooky, but still perfectly functional for important Gorl•Activities™

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Hi I'm back the Direct distracted me and then the Torna DLC distracted me and then I distracted myself bc I'm good at that.

Silas is one of the few units that I was still waiting on to be added so yay at him finally being in. But o no at him being Clive with IV access and merge potential. I still pulled a bit for him anyways but he seems like the obvious demote so I didn't go too crazy on pulls (I'm trying to stay over 600 orbs). Didn't get him but I got my first Shigure! -Spd too, that's just what he needs! Good thing I'm not building him, I just wanted to have some fodder sitting around in case I ever need a Harmonic Lance on someone else.

We're posting Halloween videos already? Guess I'll throw in the Bravely Default Halloween concert thing that I post every year now.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going High Rank Hunters? :nifty:

Reached HR 6 yesterday, and now I'm aiming for Rathalos Armour, though I was also suggested the Dreadking Armour as well, but I was told to reach HR 7 before I do it. So that's going to be fun (I also got 99 Special Permits anyway, so I can try at it as much as I like).

Also, I'll probably be checking out to see what kind of combos I could do with Gordeau/Mika.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
But it's also important to be able to make the transition
We're posting Halloween videos already? Guess I'll throw in the Bravely Default Halloween concert thing that I post every year now.
I forgot these existed and these were/are my favorites. Rickster Rickster and Cress! Cress! are True•Gorls™ for posting these and helping a sista out.

Also they are in the deepest depths of my Like Folder thing on Youtube, so that makes it doubly hilarious to me personally. But still. True•Gorls™. :secretkpop:

Top Bottom