• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin i see that yew have a Zero flair on the Heroes subreddit

you have great taste bc i also have Zero as my flair

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, one of the artists for Baten Kaitos would like to see a third entry developed: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/2...director-wants-it-back-for-a-new-development/. Does anyone remember the series or has played it? All I remember was seeing the cover art for Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and thinking "Man, that looks rad!", but never actually picking it up for one reason or another. Considering Eternal Wings was a Gamecube exclusive, it's probably hella expensive now so that was a poor decision for not picking it up back then.

As for FEH nonsense: Because why not? Why not save feathers for Ares, L'Arachel, Seliph, or anyone else after grinding HM from rival domains? Nope, let's get Eliwood to +10.
Screenshot_20180924-164822.png

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
grinding HM from rival domains
i've been meaning to ask how that works. i saw something on the feh subreddit about using cordelia to do it, but idk if there's another method for it

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i've been meaning to ask how that works. i saw something on the feh subreddit about using cordelia to do it, but idk if there's another method for it
For this week, use 5* Camus, 5* Finn, or any lance cavalry with Pass 2 where Pass 3 is a safer bet and at least 33 speed and probably lower resistance than defense since you want kid Tiki to attack them. In Finn's case, he will need to equip Steel Lance. Along with the lance cavalry, you'll need at two ranged units with Wings of Mercy -- Faye and legendary Lucina have it by default -- or a dancer with Wings of Mercy and a ranged unit with Wings of Mercy. Here's the thread on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9hzu6l/rd_farming_finn_w_pass_2_wom/.

It's for infernal and works with autobattle, so just periodically grind it while doing something else. There are other ones using 5* and 4* Cordelia and I think she's a staple for rival domains grinding since she has Galeforce and Pass by default and being a flier means she can traverse the map more easily. There is a method using neutral 4* Shigure or 5* Catria, a Wings of Mercy dancer, and two Wings of Mercy ranged units, but it's only for lunatic which is slightly less HM, but whatever. Here's the thread for it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../rd_hm_farm_with_neutral_shigure_4_no_si_wom/.

Since the rival domains started Saturday, you could probably just search "rival domains" and filter it to past week to see all the methods. I only started doing it because I saw 5* Finn with Pass and I gave him Pass 3 a while back during his tempest trials because reasons and because I really, really want feathers. Camus ended getting Pass 3 after Finn reached the HM cap and after testing to see if the same AI behavior would happen with Camus. It does, so he just needed Pass to do the same thing as Finn. Considering I just gave Clair her sixth merge on Friday or Saturday and Eliwood his final three merges today, I think I was able to get 60k feathers from grinding. I used my 20k feathers for Clair around or before I started doing this. Granted, some of the characters I had were very close to giving 500 feathers like Jakob having 499 HM, but since you can grind HM for five characters or eight if your dancer, Wings of Mercy ranged units, and lance cavalry with 33 speed haven't maxed out their HM, you can get 25k feathers starting from 0 to 5,000 HM. And if you try to keep a copy of a unit and raise them to level 40, then you can have a lot of units to get feathers from. 50 units from 0 to 5,000 HM would give you 250,000. Go beyond that and you will reach the feather cap of 999,999 feathers. It's tedious, it takes a while, and you have to constantly reenter the battle, but if you have free time, then you can get a lot of feathers.

Also, make sure to turn off map animations while autobattling. It does speed up things a bit and it's its own separate setting in the settings menu.

Edit: Alternatively, you can autobattle some of the GHBs on lunatic with vanguard Ike or some other units. You can't have as many units as in rival domains, but if for some reason you have multiple units at level 40, then you can bring them along to get HM faster for just them.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
> Be me
> Go to bar with friend
> Spend half the time waiting for food explaining the Bowsette meme
> Have the people sitting at a diagonal table come over after they pay to thank us for being the highlight of their meal

Also, I started reading an Isekai story that's pretty unusual. Instead of being the typical power/sexual fantasy japanese filth, it's about a woman who dies at the age of 20something and is reincarnated as the main antagonist in her favorite high school Shojo manga. And so begins her new life to not grow up into a Queen ***** and to stay as far, far away as possible from the main couple lest she and her family be destroyed.

Then I realized...the main character's thought process reads like Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , only if he was a drill haired ojou-sama and could do the laugh.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
i had a whole twitter dialogue with someone today about peachette...like...is she Toadette turned into Peach??? is she a separate entity???? do all toads turn into people when they put on the super crown??? does that mean that the real Peach is just a toad who's permanently wearing the super crown HELLO what is this mario lore. i mean at least shes cute tho

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
@ Rival Domains farming
It’s basically required if you have lofty goals like me (all awakening units +10) and unfortunately Relay Defense being introduced ruined it most of the time but at least it’s still possible every few weeks
Right now I’m sending out a Cordelia that can do the method for you as long as you have a wings of mercy 3 dancer and ranged unit.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pretty handy when you have a 5 star exclusive unit destined to be foddered but you don’t wanna lose their free 5000 feathers

Unrelated to FEH, I just beat Torna: The Golden Country. It totally makes sense that they would release it separately as a physical game; it’s entirely it’s own game that can be played by its own merits, and it’s pretty amazing imo. It’s of course shorter than the main Xenoblade 2 game, but it took me 20 hours and 40 minutes to beat it. It’s some goddamn meaty DLC. Anyone who enjoyed Xeno 2 or is considering Xeno 2 should consider this as well. Also Hugo is the best boy

(Release Haze and Minoth as DLC on 2 k thnx)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also, I started reading an Isekai story that's pretty unusual. Instead of being the typical power/sexual fantasy japanese filth, it's about a woman who dies at the age of 20something and is reincarnated as the main antagonist in her favorite high school Shojo manga. And so begins her new life to not grow up into a Queen ***** and to stay as far, far away as possible from the main couple lest she and her family be destroyed.
Wait, is this Bakarina? Or Destruction Flag Otome or "Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei ****e shimatta..." (My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!) as it's officially called? I've seen threads on it on Reddit and how derptastic the main character is.

Man, I'm dying here. I just woke up from falling asleep and waking up to my nose running, throat irritated, and coughing. Thanks, I totally need to not be able to sleep at 1 in the morning. Of all the times to get a cold, it had to be Friday.

Edit: Freebie +Def, -Res 4* Cain from the Swift Sparrow banner.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
What's going on Bongo Cat fans? :nifty:
Bongo cat died once I saw bongo cat Kaito... Bongo Caito... Bongo Kait... idk whatever this is:
Screenshot_20180918-180328_Twitter.jpg

It's just blursed and............. idk. I think it's the goatee. I'm gonna blame that. Blursed and not cursed because I still do love it but I also hate it, so blursed feels like the best way to describe it.
Then I realized...the main character's thought process reads like Lil Puddin Lil Puddin Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , only if he was a drill haired ojou-sama and could do the laugh.
wtf is that like the new-age anime version of the Important Videos playlist?
Will I get a medal for watching the entire thing?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I honestly don't understand this Bowsette thing. I log on to my computer after about 1 day and see this everywhere. Is it a new canon thing? Is this some dumb fan-theory thing gone awry? What's happening to the world eeeeeeeeeee

Either way, I've been on the Internet long enough to know that this video applies to the Bowsette nonsense.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin i see that yew have a Zero flair on the Heroes subreddit

you have great taste bc i also have Zero as my flair
Niles, Leo and Owain/Odin are a perfect husbando trio. Though Niles has a higher sass rating and has dark-ish skin and white-ish hair (my favorite combo when it comes to fictional characters idk why tho). So he wins. Spring Niles when, IS?

Bongo cat died once I saw bongo cat Kaito... Bongo Caito... Bongo Kait... idk whatever this is:
View attachment 166588
It's just blursed and............. idk. I think it's the goatee. I'm gonna blame that. Blursed and not cursed because I still do love it but I also hate it, so blursed feels like the best way to describe it.

Bongo Cat is a treasure, much like most animal-based memes.

> Be me
> Go to bar with friend
> Spend half the time waiting for food explaining the Bowsette meme
> Have the people sitting at a diagonal table come over after they pay to thank us for being the highlight of their meal

Then I realized...the main character's thought process reads like Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , only if he was a drill haired ojou-sama and could do the laugh.
I • G U E S S

If I died and was reincarnated as a villain, I'd come back as Oliver because:
1) I wouldn't have to worry about my weight anymore.
2) I'd be rich.
3) My clothes would be a nice cross between maternity wear and runway shiny-shimmer.
4) I'd be ... B E A U T I F U L
5) I'd basically be a living meme.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Continuing off of the Rival Domains HM grinding, after a screw up since I forgot that -Res Eliwood still has high resistance, especially at +10 and kid Tiki targets resistance and feeling like I wasted a Cordelia 3 for Pass on him when I should have just inherited it to BH Roy and given him a Speed +3 seal to prevent him from being doubled by Saber, I checked to see if giving Eliwood at least L&D1 would let him get into Wings of Mercy 3 range. Kid Tiki left Eliwood with 23 HP where 43 HP / 2 is 21.5, so he needed to take 2 more damage. Otherwise, the autobattle AI prioritizes attacking someone Saber since Eliwood would charge kid Tiki's special and take more damage than had he fought Saber instead. Long story short, Camus can take a seat now while Eliwood and BH Roy can both help with the HM grind and also gain HM themselves for this week's Rival Domains. Also, Pass is still pretty good on cavalry units considering Rival Domains and Grand Conquests are large maps and enemies can clump up together where you can't get past them without taking them out or without Pass. Man, Pass needs to be a seal in the near future. I also regret sending home some Gaiuses because of this. Oh well.

Anyway, if anyone wants to use them for HM grinding, tell me and I'll switch their skills for this. Otherwise, once I get to Eliwood, I'll probably switch to Meisterhardt even though you have to manually update your allies to get the current friend's unit for your brigades. I'd rather not have some accidentally do that and end up with an Eliwood geared for something else. Also, do not have anyone who can Def Ploy kid Tiki. I learned that the hard way with Eliwood where Saber attacked him instead since kid Tiki would have taken more damage.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's going on Synchro fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

So the 5Ds era is now upon us in DL. I'll give it a try when I get onto the game.

Also, I'm close to G Rank now. Got I think 3 or 4 more Quests to do before I have to do my Urgent Quest (Which is slaying the Nakarkos I assume). This'll be my first time hitting G Rank too, so I'm looking forward to that. :yeahboi:

I'll probably try and lab some more Gordeau stuff (Though I'm hoping for Kokonoe to be added when the 5th Fate is revealed).

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
just wanted to say thanks for the in-depth answer. i got it to work with 4* finn + ninian and bridal caeda with wom. now i am ready for the tons of feathers.

Spring Niles when, IS?
or literally just any alt of him. pls IS it would be great. but i kinda doubt we'll get one of him anytime soon

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I didn't think they would add burning voice-clips to the Heroes for Torb's new ability. Obviously my last video link applies to this video too... Blizzard, what have you done???

btw the Hammond one hurts my heart.

Lucio sounds like a Sim character who's on fire.

Everyone else sounds only half-bothered they're on fire. Like "Haha, oh no, this flame is going to kill me. I soooo totally don't wanna die or anything ;)"
or literally just any alt of him. pls IS it would be great. but i kinda doubt we'll get one of him anytime soon
I'll settle for a functional prf bow. They should just copy and paste Felicia's Dagger with some other random Tier 3 affect.

Though they've been pretty good at rebranding their old characters with new prfs or new refines every month. So it's only a matter of time before the naughTee boi gets a bow that actually makes his horrendous offenses usable.

IS pls do not make me fite u bcuz i will beat u n u will be srry

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's going on Akiza fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

So after playing a bunch of 5Ds in DL, might as well give my thoughts on it.

It's alright. I was hoping for some more stuff and the opportunity for giving us tons of newer stuff. But I did use my Dream Ticket on a Gozuki.

Just so I can make myself a Vampire Deck or make a more consistent Zombie deck whenever I have the opportunity to make one. Though I will say, Akiza's 1000 LP Theme is great!

I'll leave the unlock requirements here for whenever Buddhahobo Buddhahobo and Antonykun Antonykun make their triumphant returns to Smashboards. :yeahboi:

5Ds World + Yusei Fudo:
Summon 10 WIND Monsters.

Crow Hogan:
Score 5000 or more Assessment Points against Sector Security.

Akiza Ishinzki:
Reach Stage 6.

Leo:
Reach Stage 11.

Luna:
Win 100 Duels with Leo.

Also, I got one more quest to do before I reach G Rank in Monster Hunter. I gotta slay a Diablos, but I'm dreading it; since I do not like fighting Diablos at all.

They're fast, big and they have a lot of parts that just reflect your weapon. It's awful (Which was also why I didn't do the Capture Quest for it in MH4U. :secretkpop: )

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So the Persona Q2 opening came out and it's amazing

I like that they are trying to diversify the Zelda series by using designs from various Zelda games instead of sticking to Twilight Princess. Plus the new Zelda is much cuter than the miss no fun Twilight Zelda.
My only complain is she has no proper Hilda alt.
TBH, the real reason is probably because now we have new Zelda games to model her after.

Between Brawl and Smash 4 and excluding the various Toon Link games there was...Skyward Sword, which no one really liked and didn't even have Ganondorf in it, hence sticking with the TP designs.

But since then we've got A Link Between Worlds and Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors, along with 3DS ports of OoT and MM. And we ended up with...BW Link, ALBW Zelda, and OoT Ganondorf.

i had a whole twitter dialogue with someone today about peachette...like...is she Toadette turned into Peach??? is she a separate entity???? do all toads turn into people when they put on the super crown??? does that mean that the real Peach is just a toad who's permanently wearing the super crown HELLO what is this mario lore. i mean at least shes cute tho
My personal theory is that Princess Peach is the ultimate evolution of the Toad species, and the super crown lets Toadette basically digivolve from rookie (a Toad) into Champion (a pre-adolescent looking Peach who still has Toad characteristics), sort of in the same way that Bowser is somehow the King Koopa compared to every other koopa we've ever seen.

It also works well with how Inklings and Octolings descend from Bloopers and Octoroks, respectively.

Bowsette on the otherhand is just either Magical Girl Bowser or Mordred cosplaying.

Wait, is this Bakarina? Or Destruction Flag Otome or "Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei ****e shimatta..." (My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!) as it's officially called? I've seen threads on it on Reddit and how derptastic the main character is.
No, but I'm definitely going to look that one up next.

The one I read was Kenkyo Kenjitsu, or "I Will Live with Humility and Dependability as My Motto", and is currently over 220 chapters. It's a web novel, so each chapter is pretty short though.

You'll ascend and get your own Super Crown.

I'll leave the unlock requirements here for whenever Buddhahobo Buddhahobo Buddhahobo Buddhahobo and Antonykun Antonykun Antonykun Antonykun make their triumphant returns to Smashboards. :yeahboi:
Did they really put Stardust Dragon into a mainbox? Like, I understand why they did that because it's OP as all hell but that sets a horrible precedent for the characters who will come out later. At least he gets a skill which automatically gives him a copy to compensate for that and having the worst level up rewards in the game?

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna passively get the login rewards and maybe unlock Akiza. Even her I'm a bit disappointed about as I was expecting that with her we'd finally get a more general plant duelist, i.e. Mako / Joey, but for Plants. IIRC Gem-Knight doesn't have any synchro cards, so I guess I'll just wait for the next Six Samurai box to come out.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No, but I'm definitely going to look that one up next.
Bakarina's face sells it for me. There's something special about a smug character who you're told is a derp.

Her expression reminds me of how much I want a to build and +10 L'Arachel.

So, I think I've found a song I hate in a video game and it's the Afghanistan combat alert theme "Darkness Roars": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFuhhUobwNY. I don't hate it in the sense of it being a bad song which it's not, rather, I hate it because of what it implies for me. Hearing the combat alert themes in Metal Gear and any stealth game, really, means you probably screwed up, but the difference with the previous games and The Phantom Pain is how you feel when you screwed up. In the previous games, they get you excited and you get that feeling of "I have to fix this, I have to get out of here, and I can get out of this situation." Not only were the games were older and more linear, so you had to load between zones and could get a breather, but the places where you were sneaking around had a lot more cover. You were in bases for most of the games with walls, furniture, parked vehicles, and so on to hide behind or in Snake Eater, you had a much stronger camouflage system, and had trees and other vegetation to hide behind in the jungle. In The Phantom Pain? Most of it is open fields with some rocks, trees, and tall grass spread about and outposts and bases often give guards good line of sight if you can't find cover of some sort around them. When you're in the major outposts, you at least have more structures to use as cover, but they are still spread apart. Essentially, it was bigger which of course meant the AI was bigger; more guards, better AI, more varied weapons, more vehicles. Hearing "Darkness Roars" for me feels more like "I have to survive, can I survive, and how the hell am I going to get out of here!?" I don't remember the other combat alert themes of the game, but I remember this one well, especially as a reminder of my early times with The Phantom Pain and not being sure what I could get away with and couldn't get away with and being less fluid with my motions and unsure of my decisions. It's a good theme, but I hate it for its personal implications.

Anyone else have a song or something like that for a game? A well-known example would be Sonic's drowning music. It sounds cool, but then you realize Sonic's about to die.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'M NEARLY 100% DONE WITH BEAUTIFUL KATAMARI AFTER 6 OR SO YEARS, JUST 40 ITEMS LEFT.
BUT REALLY, WHO THOUGHT COLLECTING EVERY ITEM IN THE UNIVERSE WAS A FUN CHALLENGE.
Between Brawl and Smash 4 and excluding the various Toon Link games there was...Skyward Sword, which no one really liked and didn't even have Ganondorf in it, hence sticking with the TP designs.

But since then we've got A Link Between Worlds and Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors, along with 3DS ports of OoT and MM. And we ended up with...BW Link, ALBW Zelda, and OoT Ganondorf.
Heaux excuseT me, SS was my favorite Zelda game... and I'm the only one who thinks that.
And omg u forgot the biggest and most influential Zelda game ever Triforce Heroes. Cheerleader Toon Link needs to at least be a skin tbh.
You'll ascend and get your own Super Crown.
Mmmmmmm no thanks, can I trade it for a pack of watermelon gum?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' Kokonoe fans? :nifty::nifty:

I probably mentioned this before, but Blazblue Centralfiction is coming to Switch, and I'm curious about this...

Who would you lot main in BBCF when it comes out on Switch?

I'll obviously main Kokonoe, since I like her. :secretkpop:
Or I can go and use Celica, I don't mind either to be honest.

And speaking of Blazblue. Patrick Seitz posted on Twitter that if we want an English Dub for Centralfiction, we should politely ask ArcSys for it. Since BBCF never got an English Dub when it first released, so it coming to Switch may give us a chance to do that.

Also, I've decided to go back and do the Village Quests in MHGU, so I can unlock the Lab. Then I'll be fully prepared for G Rank Quests!

Did they really put Stardust Dragon into a mainbox? Like, I understand why they did that because it's OP as all hell but that sets a horrible precedent for the characters who will come out later. At least he gets a skill which automatically gives him a copy to compensate for that and having the worst level up rewards in the game?

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna passively get the login rewards and maybe unlock Akiza. Even her I'm a bit disappointed about as I was expecting that with her we'd finally get a more general plant duelist, i.e. Mako / Joey, but for Plants. IIRC Gem-Knight doesn't have any synchro cards, so I guess I'll just wait for the next Six Samurai box to come out.
Yeah, I was disappointed by this too. I was hoping for more, and much better rewards to be honest.

And while I do think Stardust Dragon is great, I think Black Rose Dragon is far better imo. Mainly because its Effect is really powerful, plus it's still run to this day in the current TCG. So whenever they do release BRD in a BOX, I think we'll see an increase of that card appearing in Synchro Decks in DL. I do agree that I wish there was Gem-Knight Synchro support added too, since the Fusions are nice and all, but it can be cumbersome to get them all out. Plus, I'll admit, I gave up getting their recent UR Fusion, because I was a dumbass and forgot to tick the settings to reset once all URs are gone.

So that left a sour taste in my mouth. :V

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ah finally, a slice-of-life anime that appeals to my slice-of-life. An elder gay helping out those who want to look at gay things. Truly inspirational.

Mmmmmmm no thanks, can I trade it for a pack of watermelon gum?
You can use the Super Crown to become Kaito whenever you want.

Except.

You'll also have ginormous anime tiddies for some reason.

That seems to be the only constant when it comes to the Super Crown.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ah finally, a slice-of-life anime that appeals to my slice-of-life. An elder gay helping out those who want to look at gay things. Truly inspirational.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=466481323864863
This reminds me. There's a manga about a guy whose brother suddenly dies and his Canadian brother-in-law comes to visit. It's called "Otouto no Otto" or "My Brother's Husband" in English. The author has done some risqué stuff, so there's that, but this manga is pretty engaging as it not only deals with personal and societal issues that LGBT people have to deal with, in particular, stereotypes, misconceptions, and misinformation, but additionally I guess herd mentality would be an appropriate term for it that affects people who have nothing against LBGT people. It also does it from a Japanese perspective which is unique, especially if you're not from there and have no idea how things are perceived there. The topics on grieving is great too as it's about two people who have no idea who each other are, but are connected by the one brother. Oh, and not to spoil too many things, the main character is divorced and if I recall correctly, raising his daughter with his separated wife. I can't remember if the kid stays with each parent on certain days which she might since her school is closer to where her father lives, but her father and mother do get together, so they're not completely estranged or on bad terms. With that, it also adds a layer of "non-traditional" families with single fathers and mothers raising their children and sometimes even together and amicably so, but they choose not to stay together as a married couple.

For FEH stuff, guess who decided to summon while half asleep? This guy. I ended up being 2 orbs short from doing a third full summon which itself was a poor decision in and of itself while half asleep. If I did poncho Tiki's LHB, then I would have had this problem. Oh well.
4* Nino #1: neutral.

4* Nino #2: +Spd, -Res.

3* Roy: +Res, -Def.

4* Sakura #1: +Def, -HP.

4* Stahl: +Res, -Def.

4* Cordelia: +Atk, -Res.

4* Eliwood: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Matthew: +Def, -Spd.

4* Odin: +Atk, -Def.

4* Sakura #2: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Athena: +HP, -Atk. Something tells me this game wants me to build Athena. If she gets a new sword, then sure. Otherwise, no.

3* Azama: +Spd, -Atk. Pretty sure I'm already using a +Spd, -Atk Azama.

4* Leon: neutral.

4* Palla: +Spd, -Atk.

Fifth orb that was a blue and who probably was a poncho Tiki going with my luck.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Greed fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

Managed to finally unlock the Lab in MHGU, I simply had to go to Village 7 Quests and reach that, wasn't too bad.

Plus, it's also because I got some really strong stuff on me anyway. But I did unlock the Transmogrify for my Helmet, so I'll just need to reach G3* and G4*, then I've gotten all the Armor Fusions~.

I need to catch up with Chio's School Road, I stopped at around Episode 10, mainly because I've been lazy when it came to watching anime other then Gintama and My Hero Academia. :V

I also need to catch up with Cells At Work too...

D

Deleted member

Im probably gonna get murdered here for saying this, but... can I just admit something? I really don't hate the new Ultimate Zelda, but she is just too bubbly-disneyish for me. I mean, its nice to see that she actually likes being in smash, but I want death stare Zelda back :'(

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Im probably gonna get murdered here for saying this, but... can I just admit something? I really don't hate the new Ultimate Zelda, but she is just too bubbly-disneyish for me. I mean, its nice to see that she actually likes being in smash, but I want death stare Zelda back :'(
Alright everyone, please refer to page six of your Zelda Social mob pamphlet on proper riot behavior and grab your complimentary torch and pitchfork. :secretkpop:

I can understand having some dislike of the design after having the TP Zelda for so long, but I don't really see the bubbly-disneyish thing. She's still smacking THOTs into the grave, setting random peasants on fire, and murdering small nations worth of what are now probably endangered animals, just this time with a smile on her face as she separates you from your spline.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright everyone, please refer to page six of your Zelda Social mob pamphlet on proper riot behavior and grab your complimentary torch and pitchfork. :secretkpop:

I can understand having some dislike of the design after having the TP Zelda for so long, but I don't really see the bubbly-disneyish thing. She's still smacking THOTs into the grave, setting random peasants on fire, and murdering small nations worth of what are now probably endangered animals, just this time with a smile on her face as she separates you from your spline.
Haha very well said :laugh:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Do they think that my hair is cool?
It's currently green which is the best color. Green is also one of Zelda's palette swaps. So at least your hair is Zelda-approved.
Captain KPop.png

This reminds me. There's a manga about a guy whose brother suddenly dies and his Canadian brother-in-law comes to visit. It's called "Otouto no Otto" or "My Brother's Husband" in English. The author has done some risqué stuff, so there's that, but this manga is pretty engaging as it not only deals with personal and societal issues that LGBT people have to deal with, in particular, stereotypes, misconceptions, and misinformation, but additionally I guess herd mentality would be an appropriate term for it that affects people who have nothing against LBGT people. It also does it from a Japanese perspective which is unique, especially if you're not from there and have no idea how things are perceived there. The topics on grieving is great too as it's about two people who have no idea who each other are, but are connected by the one brother. Oh, and not to spoil too many things, the main character is divorced and if I recall correctly, raising his daughter with his separated wife. I can't remember if the kid stays with each parent on certain days which she might since her school is closer to where her father lives, but her father and mother do get together, so they're not completely estranged or on bad terms. With that, it also adds a layer of "non-traditional" families with single fathers and mothers raising their children and sometimes even together and amicably so, but they choose not to stay together as a married couple.
tbh risque stuff that's stretches out for too long results in a cringe fest. Like, pervy analogies and wordplay is all fun and games. But it gets weird when I'm looking at softcore porn. Which is why I stick to wholesome animes that features some good ol' fashioned G-Rated Bara, such as Fairy Tail. :^)

tbh I'm still watching Modern Family. Phil Dumphey is the first "real action" person that's basically a typical sensitive anime boi/dad. So now I have to find an IRL Phil Dumphey and marry him before I do anything else. After that idk what I'll watch tho.

How's it going Greed fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

I need to catch up with Chio's School Road, I stopped at around Episode 10, mainly because I've been lazy when it came to watching anime other then Gintama and My Hero Academia. :V
Is it considered bounce physics when a muscular dude's chest moves too erratically?

Is My Hero Academia actually good or just wholesome filler? I like Fairy Tail and it seems like a Super Hero-y/more bara version of Fairy Tail. But from my understanding it's even worse than Fairy Tail because nobody ever actually loses. Tho tbf the only people who lose in Fairy Tail are Wendy, Lucy, and the Celestial Spirits. Wendy is a babby gorlie, so she gets a pass. But then there's Lucy... despite "Celestial Wizards being rare/toughest/strongest type of magic users!!!" and "her bonds give her strength!!!" she tends to lose a lot. She has super rare/powerful spirits to boot and she's strong enough to dual-summon. Except she always loses. So. Like. OK then. I guess the semi-bara boi who's literally a flamer can always swoop in to save the day. That's progress, since flaming-gays usually never win super tough fights at least. Take that cliches. :^)

I am still severely bothered that they build up Lucy constantly only to have that heaux fall down tiddies-first. I would like a nice amount of victories/loses for da drama. Or at least have the anime stick to what it's trying to tell me. Not build up lore and say someone is powerful/horrifying/etc and then have that person crumble ez pzy.

JAPAN STOP
IT'S 2018 NOW
PLS GET WITH IT
Also make more baras/manly husbandos pls&thnx ♥

Gorl, literally all the True Gorls™ felt that way. Every gorl's initial reaction:

Anyway, most of us have grown accustomed to the change because she's more expressive and flowy. btw she seems psycho-sadistic with how she emotes sometimes. It's like she's taken a page from Princess Peach's book on how to be KAWAII DESU NEEEEE in moments that are totally inappropriate. (Peachy Example: gleefully driving a golf club through a child-mayor's head.) So we may have lost a Kween of Mean and Gawdess of Sass, but we have gained a Kawaii-Sparkly Murderer. Even when we lose big, we still win a little.

G O R L • R U L E • I S • U N D E N I A B L E
G O R L • P O W E R • I S • U N Y I E L D I N G
G O R L • S A S S I N E S S • I S • U N F O R G I V I N G
E T • C E T E R A

D

Deleted member

It's currently green which is the best color. Green is also one of Zelda's palette swaps. So at least your hair is Zelda-approved.
View attachment 167091

tbh risque stuff that's stretches out for too long results in a cringe fest. Like, pervy analogies and wordplay is all fun and games. But it gets weird when I'm looking at softcore porn. Which is why I stick to wholesome animes that features some good ol' fashioned G-Rated Bara, such as Fairy Tail. :^)

tbh I'm still watching Modern Family. Phil Dumphey is the first "real action" person that's basically a typical sensitive anime boi/dad. So now I have to find an IRL Phil Dumphey and marry him before I do anything else. After that idk what I'll watch tho.

Is it considered bounce physics when a muscular dude's chest moves too erratically?

Is My Hero Academia actually good or just wholesome filler? I like Fairy Tail and it seems like a Super Hero-y/more bara version of Fairy Tail. But from my understanding it's even worse than Fairy Tail because nobody ever actually loses. Tho tbf the only people who lose in Fairy Tail are Wendy, Lucy, and the Celestial Spirits. Wendy is a babby gorlie, so she gets a pass. But then there's Lucy... despite "Celestial Wizards being rare/toughest/strongest type of magic users!!!" and "her bonds give her strength!!!" she tends to lose a lot. She has super rare/powerful spirits to boot and she's strong enough to dual-summon. Except she always loses. So. Like. OK then. I guess the semi-bara boi who's literally a flamer can always swoop in to save the day. That's progress, since flaming-gays usually never win super tough fights at least. Take that cliches. :^)

I am still severely bothered that they build up Lucy constantly only to have that heaux fall down tiddies-first. I would like a nice amount of victories/loses for da drama. Or at least have the anime stick to what it's trying to tell me. Not build up lore and say someone is powerful/horrifying/etc and then have that person crumble ez pzy.

JAPAN STOP
IT'S 2018 NOW
PLS GET WITH IT

Gorl, literally all the True Gorls™ felt that way. Every gorl's initial reaction:

Anyway, most of us have grown accustomed to the change because she's more expressive and flowy. btw she seems psycho-sadistic with how she emotes sometimes. It's like she's taken a page from Princess Peach's book on how to be KAWAII DESU NEEEEE in moments that are totally inappropriate. (Peachy Example: gleefully driving a golf club through a child-mayor's head.) So we may have lost a Kween of Mean and Gawdess of Sass, but we have gained a Kawaii-Sparkly Murderer. Even when we lose big, we still win a little.

G O R L • R U L E • I S • U N D E N I A B L E
G O R L • P O W E R • I S • U N Y I E L D I N G
G O R L • S A S S I N E S S • I S • U N F O R G I V I N G
E T • C E T E R A
Im sure Ultimate Zelda will probably grow on me once the game releases and I play her alot more. But TP will always be my favorite.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No, I meant that the author does hardcore stuff, but My Brother's Husband happens to be something he also works on and it's a regular, wholesome manga.

So, Skullomania is joining SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy and yep, you guessed it, in the same way as Terry did. Because Skullomania wears a body suit and mask and has a wacky personality, this reminds me of Lady Deadpool. Here's the article on it: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/27/the-next-snk-heroines-dlc-character-is-skullo-mania/.

And continuing off of ARIKA stuff, Fighting EX Layer is coming to PC sometime between 2018 and 2019. Welp, my hopes were answered: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/28/fighting-ex-layer-pc-version-announced-with-4k-support/.

For something else, Dante can sort of fly now in Devil May Cry 5. In the previous games, when you used Rain Storm, you were basically locked into falling down, I don't remember if it also locked you into the duration of the move or if you could cancel it at any time, and you didn't get much horizontal movement. In DMC5, Dante gets some height and floats a bit when you use it, so you can, if you want, spam it in the air a few times to stay in the air longer and especially if you jump off someone in the air. Seriously, look at Dante fly: https://youtu.be/L3EDso2hsWQ?t=820.

Cavaliere also has an aerial launcher you can continuously use to juggle your enemies. The drawback of course is that it kills your style meter and Dante's stuck in one location in the air. Another thing is that there's a quality of life change where you can retreat secret missions immediately if you fail them. By that, I mean you don't have to reenter it like in the past games. DMC5 looks so amazing.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Finished Metroid Prime 3 again, on Hypermode this time!

I'm gonna do Hypermode on Prime 1 alongside a friend at some point, and I don't see myself playing Prime 2 Hypermode but who knows.
(Also ew @ my old mii, that boi is over 10 years old.)
It was for sure more difficult which I enjoyed, because like I said a few months ago Prime 3 was my favorite of the 3 but it was also the easiest which was a bit disappointing. Strangely enough though, the bosses weren't too difficult for me, it was everything else that was killing me. Dark Samus I died to once, Omega Ridley I died to once, Rundas I died to 2 or 3 times, and everything else I beat first try (well I did a reset on Mogenar since my first run through him I was just wandering around confused not knowing how tf to deal with him now. But yeah, Gandraya, the Aurora Units, first try on them). GETTING TO DARK SAMUS IN THE FIRST PLACE? There were about 3 deaths there. Trying to lower the shield over the Pirate Stronghold I died to another 3ish times. Most of my deaths came from standard enemies (usually at the beginning of the game because having only 3 energy tanks is a scary thing). The bosses did take their time to go down (Omega Ridley and Gandraya took about 20 minutes each, and I had to take a break halfway through both of them because mashing A and B on a Wiimote while aiming at either Ridley's mouth that's flopping all over the place or Gandraya who's doing Bayo-like acrobatic flips all around you starts to give you cramps), but as long as you take your time they weren't too bad.
You can use the Super Crown to become Kaito whenever you want.

Except.

You'll also have ginormous anime tiddies for some reason.

That seems to be the only constant when it comes to the Super Crown.
I wasn't a fan of Twilight Princess, but the 1 thing I will give it is that it had some great character designs (for the more important characters at least, not so much for the generic Ordons or Hylians). Having a more mature and refined Zelda was a nice contrast between the larger amount of smol cute characters and sooper dooper srs characters.
Although TP Zelda may be gone, another princess is going to take her place. Someone else who strikes the perfect balance between cute and serious, playful and mature. That princess is Wii Fit Trainer.
:4wiifit::4wiifit::4wiifit::4wiifit::4wiifit::4wiifit::4wiifit::4wiifit:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Has anyone been playing the network test for Soul Calibur VI? I haven't been following it that much compared to other games like DMC5, but my interest still holds. Still leaning towards Seong Mi-Na and I love that they're giving her moves that look wild and unrefined. It fits from a story perspective as SCVI is supposed to take place from Soul Edge to SC II, so she hasn't gotten up to her degree of mastery and experience by SCIV, but it does let her stand out more from Kilik ironically enough since she was the original to his being the clone.

For FEH nonsense, guess who finally showed up thanks to a miraculous freebie summon from the fathers' side of the voting gauntlet banners?
He's +Def, -Res which is great and kind of bad since he kind of needs his resistance at times. FINALLY! Eliwood, Hector, and (seasonal) Lyns are united! My first Fire Emblem game's lords are together.
Screenshot_20180929-020523.png

The best part is that it took how many banners just to get the original Hector and the game's been out for a year and seven months. FEH was released on February 2, 2017. Also, a freebie +Def, -Res 3* Oboro. So much for trying for a F!Morgan. Probably should have chosen the red orb since Liliina would have had a chance at showing up as a 3* to 5* on this banner. Whatever.

This week's rival domains has me wondering how you'd grind HM from it. I expected relay defense to return, but it might have gotten a bit too much negative feedback that they're going to try and retool it. Whatever, have fun with Clair.

Edit: Well, that was fast, someone already figured out a method: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9jup1q/rival_domains_infernal_3_unit_autobattle/. Cordelia or Shigure with Brave Lance+ and Galeforce works, F!Morgan can be replaced with any Wings of Mercy ranged unit since she's not actually on any terrain an armored, infantry, or cavalry unit couldn't be on. I guess the cavalry mage would just go below your Galeforce flier to attack the fort. Lorde Lorde , you're in luck today as there's a banner where you can get merges for Niles/Zero if you still don't have 3 more of him and if you didn't max out your Shigure's HM and you have enough feathers and SP to spare to get him Brave Lance+ and Galeforce, then you'd be able to use him to get more feathers for everybody.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going troll fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

"You satisfied now?" - Gordeau

I'd recommend My Hero Academia, it does keep on track with the original source material as much as possible, only had about I think two filler episodes and one recap episode, that was it out of I think over 50+ Episodes, good track record so far (One filler episode tied to the movie, and another focusing on the other characters as an original episode). That's about it so far. Plus, we do have the game coming out soon too. My Hero ONE'S JUSTICE.

Lil Puddin said:
JAPAN STOP
IT'S 2018 NOW
PLS GET WITH IT

Anyway, I'll be watching some My Hero Aca today, and hopefully get some more stuff done in Monster Hunter, just glad I can now return to G Rank soon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just popping my head in to say if any of y'all support Hilda as an Echo, the support thread is getting close to 50 supporters if anyone wants their names added.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
MHA actually gets a lot of hate in one of my Discord servers. I've seen it called a Naruto clone. I've also seen it called generic (which I kinda agree with). I've seen Deku called a typical whiny protagonist. However, I've seen others who enjoy it; there are multiple fans in the NintenZone social.

I've never seen it, so I can't say anything.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Midoriya crying and freaking out all the time is played for laughs. The show is funny and clever and has some great voice acting. It hits all the right spots for a shounen anime.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
it turns out the spring chrom i pulled from the first spring banner is +atk -res, so i guess i have to build him up now

in other news, my zero is now +7, and once i grind enough feathers from RD, i’ll promote the last 3 merges and get him to +10

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar

No, Dante, you cannot fly. The last time you tried it, you got eaten by a giant whale demon thing. Also, I think this happened very quickly when Subhuman was unveiled, but the fan-made instrumental-only versions of it sound pretty good. For instance, this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux6S80iA6a4. It reminds me of Combichrist's music that was used for DmC: Devil May Cry.

Anyway, apparently Earth Defense Force 5's overseas release date was announced 9 days ago. It will be coming out in NA and EU on December 11, 2018: https://twitter.com/EDF_OFFICIAL_EN/status/1043001475813634051. Time for some campy, B-movie monster slaying action.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I bought some cardboard
20180929_132845.jpg

When I'm done making this I plan on using this as my new main way to play MK8D so add me if you want to race w/ cardboard.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Akatsuki fans? :ultzelda::nifty:

MHA actually gets a lot of hate in one of my Discord servers. I've seen it called a Naruto clone.
I think you shouldn't be friends with them anymore. :secretkpop:(Since I find Naruto trash. :V)

So I got my copy of Valkyria Chronicles 4 coming today; gonna be looking forward to that. :yeahboi:

And I watched REVO 2018, at the end of Pools for BBTAG. A Yuzuriha player managed to get an Astral off on a Ruby/Gordeau team. I'll need to check to see what the Top 8 is looking like now.

Winners:
DBlanks (Mika/Gordeau) vs. Shampoo (Orie/Nine)
Alanae (Platinum/Es) vs. LordSpectreX (Ruby/Gordeau)

Losers:
Blackace (Gordeau/Nu) vs. Shenzo (Mitsuru/Es)
nezu (Mai/Naoto) vs. BrackedRotus (Orie/Es)

Seems like Es is fairly common in the UK and Europe, maybe close to the same level of popularity as Gordeau.

Last edited:
Top Bottom