• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Anyone thinking that cape just doesn’t work on her in game model. It just has looked more bad then good in more images and gifs that I have seen

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I pulled a +spd/-atk Helbindi within 100 orbs! Also, he's still better than Hawkeye with his janked up stats. So he power-creeps Hawkeye in the stat and Bara department and that's just too unfair. What's even more unfair is that none of the Muspells will be demoted so I won't be able to +10 the precious bara boi. He will just be there taunting me forever.

FEH crushes my dreams and ruins my life. brb crying 4ever now.

tbh it looks like someone just poked a hole in your alibi and proved that - yes - you would wear the Kaito Crown even if it meant having anime tiddies.

Y O UH A V EB E E NC O R N E R E DL Y I N GH E A U X
triple objection.png

it turns out the spring chrom i pulled from the first spring banner is +atk -res, so i guess i have to build him up now

in other news, my zero is now +7, and once i grind enough feathers from RD, i’ll promote the last 3 merges and get him to +10
Grats on the Chrom. Basically all Chroms are treasures bcuz Matt Mercer and Chrom being Chrom. It's a shame his first version in the game is just so awkward looking. Bunny Chrom is the cutest tho. 10/10 would husbando-tize.

Also grats on the Niles-boi. Hopefully he gets a dope prf weapon eventually. We can count on at least 3 new refines every month. Maybe it might come month since he's in a Voting Gauntlet that can "boost his popularity" to get to the front of the line for new refines. They could've used Ophelia and Odin, but instead chose Niles and Nina who aren't as popular as Opehlia/Odin.

On the plus side, the later the refines, the more likely they'll be OP.

Leo has a (weird) ranged defensive role.
Odin has a (great) ranged offensive or defensive role.
So now Niles just needs a great ranged offensive role.

So many possibilities. I hope it's semi-interesting.

Anyone thinking that cape just doesn’t work on her in game model. It just has looked more bad then good in more images and gifs that I have seen
The cape adds flair. Her outfit overall is very stylish and the cape will add a more pop of color to her palette swaps. I think the less restrictive dress also allows the team to make her hitboxes/animations/etc a little less restrictive/reserved. While her walk was sassy, it looked like she was trying to walk with a too-tight bodysuit underneath her entire already-restrictive dress.

Though speaking of bodysuits, I'm still super pumped to see what Bayonetta looks like in 3. The gorl may be a heaux, but she's so stylish and sassy - so she owns it instead of looking super awkward. Take notes, Zero Suit Samheaux. I hope all the gorls/bois in this game get an alternate outfit of sorts.

Like Skyword Sword Zelda, Bayonetta 3 outfit, Guerdo Link, Helmetless Samus, Marthcina, Grandmaster Robin, Jungle Shulk, Summer DLC Chrom(lol), etc.

They could really milk cheap DLC packages for years if they just add new outfits to the characters who aren't getting echos. I mean, they pretty much did it with Hyrule Warriors and that thing lived faaaaaar longer than it should have (great game, but still).

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
IThe cape adds flair. Her outfit overall is very stylish and the cape will add a more pop of color to her palette swaps. I think the less restrictive dress also allows the team to make her hitboxes/animations/etc a little less restrictive/reserved. While her walk was sassy, it looked like she was trying to walk with a too-tight bodysuit underneath her entire already-restrictive dress.

).
I don’t think you get what I mean.

169430-6737c098da618b67e4976b52304d5a05.png

Looks fine looks good adds to her I agree no problems
images.jpeg

problem. looks badly model compared to the rest of the of her dress

dgh3xncu8aaymba-large.jpg

It’s hard to say but the cape just look like it doesn’t look like how a cape would be hanging if she had it clipped on her back like that. The cape is to I don’t know solid doesn’t look soft.
TediousMeekAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Like is this a wii game look at that

ContentFearlessAardwolf-max-1mb.gif

Looks like it moves good hear but it’s too white I feel like some blue in some lines on the cape would work

Attachments

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I don’t think you get what I mean.

View attachment 167470
Looks fine looks good adds to her I agree no problems
View attachment 167475
problem. looks badly model compared to the rest of the of her dress

View attachment 167474
It’s hard to say but the cape just look like it doesn’t look like how a cape would be hanging if she had it clipped on her back like that. The cape is to I don’t know solid doesn’t look soft.
View attachment 167476

Like is this a wii game look at that

View attachment 167500

Looks like it moves good hear but it’s too white I feel like some blue in some lines on the cape would work
Ogod I can't unsee that clipping in the Phantom gif...

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh cape clipping. Gorlo, this is Smash. There's always some weird hair clipping/cape clipping/dress clipping going on. Sometimes body parts don't even move properly. But who needs full wardrobe/body functions when you're...

F A B U L O U S

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of clothing and hair physics, Palutena's hair being this flat mass of green was pretty hilarious in Smash 4. It was like a stiff curtain or a sheet of paper flapping behind her. Didn't someone call it seaweed or something back in the Smash 4 Zelda social?

Latish reply.
I bought some cardboard
View attachment 167240
When I'm done making this I plan on using this as my new main way to play MK8D so add me if you want to race w/ cardboard.
Can't go wrong with cardboard boxes.

All credit goes to FerioWind.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going SimpleFlips' children? :nifty::ultzelda:

So I've played some Valkyria Chronicles 4; it was fun. And I'll definitely need to play it some more later.

But I think my top priority will be getting some more Hyper Nargacuga Scales in MHGU, so I can unlock the Evening Calm for my Insect Glaive, then next will be more parts for my Dreadking Armour. :V

Also, I might be seeing my TA (Teaching Assistant) this week, just so they can get to know me firstly before my course starts. So that's going to be good!

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Oh cape clipping. Gorlo, this is Smash. There's always some weird hair clipping/cape clipping/dress clipping going on. Sometimes body parts don't even move properly. But who needs full wardrobe/body functions when you're...

F A B U L O U S
It’s one of the worst offenders though

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It reminds me of her leg clipping through her dress during Ftilt in early Smash 4
screenshots.
SSB4_-_Zelda_Screen-11.jpg

It was fixed by release so I'm hoping the same happens here

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
ATTENTION GORLS, ANYONE WANNA PLAY MAPLE STORY 2? yes im srs pls help

It officially opens on the 10th but we can play a weird Raid-type Mushroom Boss and make 1 character that carries over. We can then make however many we want on the official release date. But since the game has just started you can get some great names. So this is more of a heads up to get your 1st gorls made to reserve some good names.

I was able to snag Genevieve (popular and pretty French name) for my lady cleric just yesterday. All characters are voiced and the Female Priest is voiced by Brianna Knickerbocker so ofc that'll be my only female character for sure. The characters are chibi ofc, but the customization is pretty decent since you can control hair length/parts and have a ton of colors to choose from. We start out with class-specific skills right away so no grinding just to begin playing our intended class. There's a bunch of cute side-things to do like furnishing houses, fishing, making patterns for clothes, etc.

Confirmed voices so far:
Male Berserker = Sean Chiplock (Revali birb boi ofc)
Female Berserker = Christina Vee (Athena, Marinette from Miraculous)
Female Gunner = Sarah Williams (Mist, Jinx from LoL)
Female Priest = Brianna Knickerbocker (Sakura 2appropriate4me2handle)

idk why the voices aren't officially listed anywhere yet, but there'll be IMDB confirmations after MS2 is officially released on the 10th I guess. I'm excited to see who else they'll have.

I think these are some other VAs:
Female Knight = Erica Lindbeck (Celicaaaaaa) or Alexis Tipton (Lucina alts, Claire)
Male Wizard = Robbie Daymond (Tobin, Ares)
Male Thief = Roger Smith (SANIC)
Male Knight = Miles Luna (PRECIOUS BOI DAVID and Juane)

tbh I like all the voice acting. None of it falls flat which is pretty impressive considering there's so much dialogue for skills and interactions. I guess since Maple Story was open for 15 years (and is still going), they're in it for the long haul with MS2. So that's comforting a bit.

It’s one of the worst offenders though
ngl, it's even worse than characters being outright bad if it's noticeable enough. We haven't seen our gorl in action for ourselves/up close/in person/etc yet tho. They'll probably do some polishing before the full release.

It reminds me of her leg clipping through her dress during Ftilt in early Smash 4
screenshots.
View attachment 167662
It was fixed by release so I'm hoping the same happens here
We can only hope the Sass Gawdess blesses Kawaiida's outfit.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I finished my cardboard car
It's really fun to use in the official Labo game's modes and it controls really well! Driving around with it is actually kinda relaxing.
Now using the Labo as a controller in Mariokart is an entirely different story. So to accelerate you press down in the pedal. To brake/drift, you press down on the same pedal but harder. So to drift, you need to let go of the pedal, then slam down on it, and then to stop drifting you need to let go of it, then press down on it again softly. If you want to drift, you'll probably end up continuing to accelerate without drifting. If you don't want to drift, you will drift and hit a wall, 100% guaranteed. I hope they add in button mapping or just overhaul the entire control scheme (which they won't) because the gas and brake pedals should never be mixed into 1 pedal. Plus the thing has 4 levers attached to the sides of it and none of them do anything in MK so just make any of them a brake pls Ninty, it isn't that hard. (Oh yeah the pedal is also how you do tricks because why not tbh).

@ the cape clipping thing, after seeing how badly Priestess Sakura's cape in FE Warriors clipped I think I'm kinda immune to it now. I'm not sure I would even really notice it if it does manage to be in the final version.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin I might try it in Wednesday, does it have that 12 hour long initial download that the original had?
Speaking of clothing and hair physics, Palutena's hair being this flat mass of green was pretty hilarious in Smash 4. It was like a stiff curtain or a sheet of paper flapping behind her. Didn't someone call it seaweed or something back in the Smash 4 Zelda social?
Gorl we all called it seaweed hair, it was a perfect match to her name Pale Tuna after all.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Vatista mains? :nifty::ultzelda:

Guruguru~

So I now got the Evening Calm in Monster Hunter GU! So next, my target will be fighting more Dreadking Rathalos, I'll need to upgrade my armour further anyway, plus I think I'm powerful enough to take on the weaker ones anyway. :V

So the Dreadking V and VI are my targets, then I'll have to fight the Dreadking at Rank VII some more, then eventually reach Dreadking X. Shouldn't be too bad I guess? Since I need Meldspar Ore anyway to level up my Glaive (Which I cannot obtain as of now?).

Also, I'm conflicted on whether I should have the audio in VC4 English or Japanese.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
ngl, it's even worse than characters being outright bad if it's noticeable enough. We haven't seen our gorl in action for ourselves/up close/in person/etc yet tho. They'll probably do some polishing before the full release.
Hope so back when I was a Kid playing melee when it first dropped I wanted Zelda to have her Cape from altp. But not in this state like I said love her character artwork but her the in game look. Taking way to long to grow on me,

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I finished my +10 Zero last night

i think I'm done with merge projects for a while tbh. I have so many units in my barracks that I want to build up but haven't done so yet
Grats on Eyepatch Husbando. At least you have a few +10 gorls to easily rely on. I have many built up gorls, but tbh, it gets overwhelming. Especially since more than half of them can't be +10'd or I just outright don't like them. imo just build up 4 of each movement type and then merge those, with a few side-projects or Blade Tome heauxes for Chain Challegenges.

Anyway, since there's a DC weapon with other effects now in the game (L!Tiki), that opens up the possibility of all weapons finally getting refines. I'd be OK with B-Tier refines for L!Ike since stats are stats. Speaking of refines, Lon'qu is getting a prf+refine!!! I am so glad I have a +spd/-res Lon'boi built up. I hope it's with Flashing Blade built in since he has absurd spd but crap atk. Him having one of those kinda-2-powerful Solo skills would be fitting for him too. Make him the Boi Ayra. tyvm IS.

Gorl we all called it seaweed hair, it was a perfect match to her name Pale Tuna after all.
I wonder if she's going to get a hair-spa-day from Sakurai before SmUsh is released.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin I might try it in Wednesday, does it have that 12 hour long initial download that the original had?
Since it just came out, I don't think it has the super long load time... Until they get 500 different cities and 50 different classes ofc. I just had it on in the background while I watched some shows. It took about 10 mins and then 10 mins of patching for me.

All the voices sound so cute/good and it's going to be painful just picking 1 character to build up first. But from my understanding, nearly all the classes are funding friendly (yay they took notes from Maple Story's pitfalls) and the combat style is what changes. The thieves have the cutest trickster-y voicelines tho. So I really want to make a Thief when possible. Also Poison DoT reliance means I can be semi-lazy and still contribute to a team by just playing tag with the monsters.

But I guess I can be a healbot if I can get enough people in a group to power-level my character
watch over like the wonderful, honest, caring, selfless, and hard-working team mama that I clearly am. :^)))

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Just in case you were wondering who I think will be put into Smash Ultimate.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, that's one way to get internet. Apparently, my home internet has been down since the morning to now. Maybe there's an outage in the area, maybe some dumb squirrel bit into some cables and died, who knows. I figured it would have been back when I got home about an hour ago, but nope, and since almost everything on university requires the internet, I'd be screwed without access and I'd rather not go back downtown and stay the night. So, here I am tethering my phone to access the internet. Thankfully, I don't use data much, so this should be fine. Hopefully it will be back up tomorrow.

I finished my +10 Zero last night

i think I'm done with merge projects for a while tbh. I have so many units in my barracks that I want to build up but haven't done so yet
Congratulations! I love how another user on the FEH subreddit also got their Niles/Zero to +10 today as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9krfoe/finally_got_my_4010_niles/. And right on time for the Voting Gauntlet.

Anyway, since there's a DC weapon with other effects now in the game (L!Tiki), that opens up the possibility of all weapons finally getting refines. I'd be OK with B-Tier refines for L!Ike since stats are stats. Speaking of refines, Lon'qu is getting a prf+refine!!! I am so glad I have a +spd/-res Lon'boi built up. I hope it's with Flashing Blade built in since he has absurd spd but crap atk. Him having one of those kinda-2-powerful Solo skills would be fitting for him too. Make him the Boi Ayra. tyvm IS.
There have been some people saying the reason poncho Tiki's Divine Mist has Distant Counter and effective damage against dragons and adaptive damage against ranged units is because effective damage and adaptive damage are free effects and Distant Counter being its main, "paid" effect. It's why every single dragonstone released after the weapon refinery has adaptive damage and whatever else effects they have.

Effective damage you can already see with all the regular Falchions and Breath of Fog having effective damage against dragons and Renewal where Renewal can be argued as the actual effect since they gain their second effect through their unique refines or Caeda, Clair, Micaiah, and Nephenee having effective damage where Caeda, Clair, and Micaiah have effective damage against two movement types and their other effects, Flashing Blade for Caeda and Clair, +3 resistance and 30% less damage from the first hit against ranged armors for Micaiah, and special cooldown count-1 and Steady Posture 2 for Nephenee. Or a more reasonable example would be bows and daggers. Bows naturally are effective against fliers and almost all daggers naturally debuff defense and resistance by 7 if they don't debuff other stats or buff stats like Peshkatz, Rogue Dagger, and Smoke Dagger. The only exception is Poison Dagger, but it, Kitty Paddle, and gem weapons are basically dead to the developers at this point. Anyway, whatever else they have is their main effect like Barb Shuriken's main effect is special cooldown count-1 or Mulagir's Dull Close/Range. And then there's Hinoka's Warrior Princess which has effective damage against armors on top of natural effective damage against fliers as its free effects while having speed +3 and Drive Atk 2 as its "main" effects.

It doesn't mean Distant Counter weapons will gain the ability to be refined in the future, but there is a trend people have notice with weapons having two "main" effects while having additional free effects through effective damage. It's not really fair, but it is what the developers are deciding on.

As for Lon'qu, if it's like most new weapons on users with anti-armor, Killer, and until it happens, anti-cavalry inheritable weapons, Solitary Blade is probably going to have special cooldown count-1 as its base effect. For a unique effect, that's all up in the air with a Solo skill, particularly Atk/Spd Solo, making the most sense because of the weapon's name. Part of me feels like a Wo Dao effect while good might not happen since we'd have three units with the same weapon. Brash Assault 4, Desperation 3, L&D3, Special Spiral, Wrath, Vassal's Blade speed check damage bonus, Swordbreaker EX, so Swordbreaker without a HP requirement like Assassin's Bow's Daggerbreaker EX, and others that I can't think of off the top of my head would all be good on him. L&D3 would give him sword Basilikos, Special Spiral would give him Dark Mystletainn where he'd have access to Wrath and even Special Spiral which I would assume would stack since it doesn't say it can't with similar skills, but special cooldown count -4 is overkill on a personal Killing Edge, and Wrath would give him sword Berserk Armads, so he'd be able to stack Wrath just like Hector.

My only gripe about the upcoming update is that only Lon'qu is being given a new weapon and he's the only at least 4* summonable unit. It's great he's getting a new sword, but it would have been nice if a non-sword infantry was also given a new weapon like where's Arthur, Barst, Bartre, Beruka, Boey, Cecilia, Hawkeye, Sheena, or even Florina, Gaius, Jakob, Matthew, Oboro, Saizo, Sully, and Virion even though they would overlap in colors with Innes or Tana. Or even a healer getting a personal staff. And then there's the whole they probably planned to introduce poncho Tiki and not give Deirdre or Julia the ability to refine their weapons in the following update. Sure, let's pretend they don't struggle to fight dragons they have WTA against. Nope, it's not like dragons target their lower defensive stat because they're ranged units or that they're sometimes slower than the dragons they fight where many of them have Quick Riposte or Vengeful Fighter in F!Grima's case.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
#1 on your Top 10 List has a 0% chance of being in SmUsh. If #1 is added, hopefully they use the look you chose.
ngl the "go ahead and click" part made me recoil, then it finished, and then I was all :^)

btw I followed the instructions because I am a good gorl. Thnx 4 dis 27 second video.

10/10 the best 27 seconds of my life spent that's even better than this masterpiece.

There have been some people saying the reason poncho Tiki's Divine Mist has Distant Counter and effective damage against dragons and adaptive damage against ranged units is because effective damage and adaptive damage are free effects and Distant Counter being its main, "paid" effect. It's why every single dragonstone released after the weapon refinery has adaptive damage and whatever else effects they have.
The thing is, DC has never come with an additional effect. The adaptive damage is a dragon norm, leaving anti-dragon and DC. It's a small door that they opened, but maybe it can fit Ike/Ryoma/Xander/Fjorm/etc through. Even if the weapons get meh refines, a refine still means +3 hp and higher arena scores.

As for Lon'qu, if it's like most new weapons on users with anti-armor, Killer, and until it happens, anti-cavalry inheritable weapons, Solitary Blade is probably going to have special cooldown count-1 as its base effect. For a unique effect, that's all up in the air with a Solo skill, particularly Atk/Spd Solo, making the most sense because of the weapon's name. Part of me feels like a Wo Dao effect while good might not happen since we'd have three units with the same weapon. Brash Assault 4, Desperation 3, L&D3, Special Spiral, Wrath, Vassal's Blade speed check damage bonus, Swordbreaker EX, so Swordbreaker without a HP requirement like Assassin's Bow's Daggerbreaker EX, and others that I can't think of off the top of my head would all be good on him. L&D3 would give him sword Basilikos, Special Spiral would give him Dark Mystletainn where he'd have access to Wrath and even Special Spiral which I would assume would stack since it doesn't say it can't with similar skills, but special cooldown count -4 is overkill on a personal Killing Edge, and Wrath would give him sword Berserk Armads, so he'd be able to stack Wrath just like Hector.
There are quite a few options they can give him that make sense for his lore/character. Either way, 29 atk isn't too bad for a unit. So if he gets a 16mt sword that'll be good enough. The weapon would have to be a weird combination of non-essential abilities for it to be awful.

Armorslaying would be pretty cool, but not something he can take full advantage of. Lore wise they could keep his killing edge and have a powerful boost vs males only since he's "afraid" of women and wouldn't try to actively hurt one. Which would open up the possibility to so many OP things vs half the roster/would be funny af.

My only gripe about the upcoming update is that only Lon'qu is being given a new weapon and he's the only at least 4* summonable unit. It's great he's getting a new sword, but it would have been nice if a non-sword infantry was also given a new weapon like where's Arthur, Barst, Bartre, Beruka, Boey, Cecilia, Hawkeye, Sheena, or even Florina, Gaius, Jakob, Matthew, Oboro, Saizo, Sully, and Virion even though they would overlap in colors with Innes or Tana. Or even a healer getting a personal staff. And then there's the whole they probably planned to introduce poncho Tiki and not give Deirdre or Julia the ability to refine their weapons in the following update. Sure, let's pretend they don't struggle to fight dragons they have WTA against. Nope, it's not like dragons target their lower defensive stat because they're ranged units or that they're sometimes slower than the dragons they fight where many of them have Quick Riposte or Vengeful Fighter in F!Grima's case.
I assume every character will get a prf weapon eventually. It's their chance to rerun old characters on new banners. But with the raw amount of 5* locked units, it makes more sense to give them the prf refines over a 3*/4* unit. That way they feel less like pity breakers and more like awesome-rare units. So I'm OK with the 2/1 thing if that's what they try to stick to. Even if it means I have to wait longer for Donnel/Niles/other precious bois to get their prfs.

On the other hand, the longer they wait for prfs, the better the effects might be. IS keeps cranking out new junk that they deem acceptable. May as well get a super boi like Odin. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The thing is, DC has never come with an additional effect. The adaptive damage is a dragon norm, leaving anti-dragon and DC. It's a small door that they opened, but maybe it can fit Ike/Ryoma/Xander/Fjorm/etc through. Even if the weapons get meh refines, a refine still means +3 hp and higher arena scores.
I forgot to link a post on Serene's Forest talking about this: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...eation-thread/&do=findComment&comment=5305989. There's more you can look for by searching "free effect" in that thread. Also, ignore my post near the top of that page explaining my stupid idea for a personal Brave Sword for Luke. :p

I assume every character will get a prf weapon eventually. It's their chance to rerun old characters on new banners. But with the raw amount of 5* locked units, it makes more sense to give them the prf refines over a 3*/4* unit. That way they feel less like pity breakers and more like awesome-rare units. So I'm OK with the 2/1 thing if that's what they try to stick to. Even if it means I have to wait longer for Donnel/Niles/other precious bois to get their prfs.

On the other hand, the longer they wait for prfs, the better the effects might be. IS keeps cranking out new junk that they deem acceptable. May as well get a super boi like Odin. :^)
I meant it more from a varied unit perspective. Sure, three focus banners make it easier to get any of them, but it would have been nice if there was a 3*-4* summonable colorless, blue, or green unit along with Innes, Lon'qu, and Tana. Now that I think about it, Felicia was the only colorless unit to have been given a new weapon. Yeah... that's a problem when none of the archers were given new, personal weapons and healers having their first playable unit with a personal staff being a CYL unit meaning we had to vote and were lucky enough to get a CYL healer that could have been Celica or Veronica.

As for my internet woes, using my phone as a tether doesn't seem to be consuming too much data which makes sense since I'm not doing much, but homework and browsing forums.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
#1 on your Top 10 List has a 0% chance of being in SmUsh. If #1 is added, hopefully they use the look you chose.
ngl the "go ahead and click" part made me recoil, then it finished, and then I was all :^)

btw I followed the instructions because I am a good gorl. Thnx 4 dis 27 second video.

10/10 the best 27 seconds of my life spent that's even better than this masterpiece.

There are quite a few options they can give him that make sense for his lore/character. Either way, 29 atk isn't too bad for a unit. So if he gets a 16mt sword that'll be good enough. The weapon would have to be a weird combination of non-essential abilities for it to be awful.

Armorslaying would be pretty cool, but not something he can take full advantage of. Lore wise they could keep his killing edge and have a powerful boost vs males only since he's "afraid" of women and wouldn't try to actively hurt one. Which would open up the possibility to so many OP things vs half the roster/would be funny af.

Did you Like, Comment, and Subscribe to die instantly though?

I'm glad you appreciated my months of work just for a Zelda ****post.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Womanizer by Britney Spears released 10 years ago today, time to celebrate. :secretkpop:
I agree with the video for the most part, however I'm peeved by the lack of the Wii Fit Balance Board.
The Balance Board is to Wii Fit as Cammy is to Street Fighter, as the F-Zero series is to Nintendo, as Hannah Montana is to The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. It's the face of the franchise, and idk how that heaux trainer got in first.
Also I just found out that Cammy is voiced by Kylie Minogue, the singer. wtf.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Brothers, do you have any uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:049:

LAMP?

Anyway, what's happening Nine mains? :nifty::ultzelda:

Failed a Capture Quest in MHGU by accidentally slaying the target for the first time. So that was a big oof on my part.

On the plus side, I got my Dreadking Armour to Level 7 now, still aiming for Dreadking X. Which I don't think should be too difficult tbh. Once I've made some more progress in G Rank, I'll return and do the Dreadking G Rank Quests.

Though having to Capture one in Dreadking G1, I'm dreading (HAH!) but afterwards, just gotta hunt the rest. :yeahboi:

Also, I had no idea that...
Rosetta was Transgender. It kind of caught me by surprise to be honest.
At first, I thought they were a woman, until I read up their profile. :V

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
i am completely ok with Zelda's minor cape clip, it is NOTHING compared to the awful disgusting trash atroscious 5 other negative words Palutena FLOP smash 4 hair, honestly I partially don't play her bc its so ugly ahsjdk im so glad its better in ultimate but girl REALLY in smash 4 it looks like some linguini or a sheet of seaweed or a curtain flying around when theres wind coming through the window

This has been my essay on bad hair

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I chose to represent Hector because he is the true husbando out of the 4. Though tbh if Niles had a prf he'd out-husbando Hector. Bows are cooler than cursed axes, sorry Hector. :^(

I also decided to start playing another garbage gacha game... Called Dream Boyfriend: Astral Days. It's kinda cute and it even gets as creepy as the "kiss" scenes in Fates. It's like I didn't even stop playing Fire Emblem! I was going to ditch it, but wound up getting some sort of spooky-ish outfit that looked like something Henry would wear. So I decided to put it on my mobile game rotation. What's weird is the game has a lot of players. It's a dress up gacha with tons of events. At least it acknowledges that men can also have boyfriends so that's nice I guess.

I'm in the middle of moving so I don't want to get invested in the side-game in Xenoblade 2 and I finished watching Modern Family. I figure mobile games would make it easier to kill time in between packing. If I sit down to play a non-MMO I will not move for 3+ hours and then rip blood circulation/productivity.

Did you Like, Comment, and Subscribe to die instantly though?

I'm glad you appreciated my months of work just for a Zelda ****post.
I was already dead because only unfashionbable heauxes are alive during the month of October.

Zelda ****posts... They're dreams that come true. They're nightmares that never end. They're blessT & curseT images that enrich our lives while simultaneously ruining our expectations of the next Zelda related thing. That's how we deal with using such a bad character tbh.

SecretZWhat.png
Womanizer by Britney Spears released 10 years ago today, time to celebrate. :secretkpop:
And you don'T find a ****post video of Wominizer to posT here? Don'T worry, I goTchu sis.

btw this doubles as an October-appropriate scary video because of all the spooky C L I P P I N G :secretkpop:

Brothers, do you have any uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:049:

LAMP?
Moth memes are pure and wonderful. Moths are just happy bois and gorls searching for something to light up their lives. Pls protecc dem.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I chose to represent Hector because he is the true husbando out of the 4. Though tbh if Niles had a prf he'd out-husbando Hector. Bows are cooler than cursed axes, sorry Hector. :^(
I'll join you later when Lilina loses to her dad.

Anyway, apparently they're making Overwatch LEGO minifigs: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/10/03/overwatch-lego-reveal-begins-with-tracer-minifigure/?

Edit: Never mind, maybe you'll join me after Lilina won. Also, I got a birb and a free giraffe.

Poncho Tiki's banner ends by tomorrow night and it might be too far away for them to announce the next banner and the next skills banner, the ploy banner, starts one day after Tiki's banner ends. As much as I would like seeing Sonya being on that banner and having a chance at summoning more of her, it doesn't mean she'll be on there or that I she'd show up, so whatever.
3* Cherche: +Res, -Atk.

4* Kaze: +Atk, -Spd. Odin suddenly gained Atk Smoke 3.

5* Micaiah: +Def, -Res. +Def does help Micaiah when she's fighting mounted archers at least in PvE because BH Lyn is dumb, Valentine's Roy hits hard, and for armored archers, well, Bold Fighter ToD! Jakob is a thing. Thani brings her back up to her neutral base resistance, so that's fine.

4* M!Morgan: +HP, -Spd. I'm at a point where I have 5/10 copies of him, so I could make him +10 eventually. I'd still need one extra copy for Dull Ranged 3 on LotW Lyn, though.

4* Sully: +Spd, -Def.

And a freebie +HP, -Atk 4* Sophia from the Ishtar & Reinhardt BHB banner.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Jubei mains? :nifty::ultzelda:

Jubei married Nine btw. So does that make Nine a furry? :secretkpop:

How disgusting.

Anyway, played some BBTAG last night; just to get some rust off. Man, I am jumping way too damn much in that game, and I need to stop. Plus, even though I hate the idea of getting sandwiched during the CC mechanic. I gotta make use of it more, and find ways to get out of it. :V (Also, Ruby was a mistake in that game. Don't @ me.)

And I've made some more progress with VC4, I think I've beaten part 1 of Chapter 4. So now I just gotta keep at it some more. :yeahboi: (Seriously, Valkyria Chronicles 4 is pretty fun.)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ah, yes, I just remembered why allowing players to upload patterns/images to use for their houses/characters is not always a good idea...

T H A N K S, I hate it. I can't wait to make a Secret Zelda Pop mask for my character with a matching dress. Even though most of my characters will be bois.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Day 3 of having no home internet because of an outage in my area. Still tethering my phone to access the internet with my laptop. The best part is when my phone loses signal or has trouble getting a strong signal in parts of my home. It always has issues whenever I'm under areas with a lot of obstructions or in the weirdest of areas like the hospital on campus. Seriously? That's where I can't get signal? So, yeah, pretty annoyed. Also, I hate other drivers on the road. Goddamn maniacs.

Anyway, apparently there's a rumor that a new Nintendo Switch SKU exists. People are speculating if we're going to get a New Nintendo Switch or whatever the hell they want to call it or want to do with it. Revisions for consoles have become pretty normal and has been done in past like with the PS2 having multiple revisions before culminating in the PS2 Slim. In the Switch's case, it would really benefit from newer and more efficient hardware to improve battery life. Nintendo Life link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/rumour_new_nintendo_switch_sku_planned_for_late_2019.

Ah, yes, I just remembered why allowing players to upload patterns/images to use for their houses/characters is not always a good idea...
-snip-

T H A N K S, I hate it. I can't wait to make a Secret Zelda Pop mask for my character with a matching dress. Even though most of my characters will be bois.
That picture reminds me of a horror, dystopian manga where there's this secret organization that's been experimenting on humans, maybe and probably other animals, and creating life. There's these monsters that look like the octopus thing in the picture, well, the protruding octopus eyes and human limbs remind me of them. They might be aliens since it seems like they control or direct the organization to perform all their experiments and have to be fed tribute. Said tribute comes from employees "winning" a lottery. The world itself is also messed up due to, if I recall correctly, a food shortage and you can guess where that's going -- Soylent Green is people! The manga is called Shokuryou Jinrui or Starving Anonymous. Obviously with what I described, it's bloody, gory, and totally screwed up. Also, there's instances of people being bred like livestock, so if that sickens you, I suggest not reading this.

Speaking of weird, messed up manga, there's this one about animals being partially transformed into humans and humans being experimented on so they can become animals and have animal features. I think it's supposed to be a horror manga, but with how detailed they make the human faces on the experimented animals and the absurdity of it all, I find it more humorous than scary or disturbing. Well, it is disturbing, but it's just so dumb that I can't take it seriously. Still messed up as hell, though. Manga's called Jinmen.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
HI I NEED SILAS-RELATED HELP.
I dumped some more orbs onto the Nohrian banner to see if I could snag another Silas (I'm planning on +10ing him and if my collection of Sorens is anything to go by, I won't be getting any copies of him unless he's on a banner. Even if he's available at 3-4* SOREN JUST COME HOME AREADY.) and I did get a second copy pretty quickly! +Atk -Res too which is a lot better than the +HP one I got before.
So for what kit to give him, a friend keeps yelling at me to give him a Brave Lance and I'm not basic enough to put a Brave weapon on a unit that I plan on getting to +10 with summoner support. Brave swords/lances/axes are mostly just there as a quick fix for high Atk units that you don't plan on investing much into imo (the exception is units like Cordy, Shigure, Tana, and Hana who are speedy af and stronk af, and Silas is indeed not speedy). I'm thinking Slaying Lance, Heavy Blade, and Aether would be fun. Any other ideas on what I could give him? He's probably going to be my 1 unit that gets a ton of random skills anyways so he probably will end up with a Brave Lance at some point, but that doesn't mean I'll use it as his main kit.

w8 is this what I'm missing out on?
...suddenly paying $30 to play something that'll be available for free next week sounds like a good idea

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
w8 is this what I'm missing out on?
...suddenly paying $30 to play something that'll be available for free next week sounds like a good idea
I was thinking of doing that. It's basically pre-ordered cash shop points. But I'm a poor gorlo.

As for Silas Best Boi, Heavy Blade QR Aether setup works. You should give him Fierce Stance if you can or any Atk Bond. -spd/+atk is his best so he can deal with dragon heauxes.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I bought a trench coat just now. Hope it's not awful.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Azrael fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

Been neglecting Monster Hunter more thanks to Valkyria Chronicles 4. :secretkpop:

But I can always go back to it when I can, still gotta hunt those big boys anyway (If any of you have Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch, and you wanna help; if I'm ever online, I go by the name "Sapphire". I've been using that name since 4U).

Also, I've printed out about 40+ pages worth of stuff from University to discuss with my tutor on Monday, if they're fine with that. It's certainly a lot though (I was honestly expecting to get some physical books, but seems like they wanna provide all of the sources online this time. Which I'm fine with).

Oh, and since I mentioned this last month. I'll post them here.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lorde Lorde Lorde Lorde I ran into your husbando. Good build and weapon choice/aesthetic. But why not use Glacies if he's going to use Flashing Blade?
Thanks<3. I care way too much about how my units look lol. Did you see him in the VG or something?

Flashing Blade only increases the cooldown of your attacks, so unless the opponent has QR or VF or something like that, Zero can't proc Glacies in a single round of combat. Assuming he doubles, the cooldown goes from 4 to 2 from Zero's first hit, then the opponent retaliates and brings it to 1, and then Zero's second hit brings the cooldown to 0 and Glacies is ready for the next round of combat.

But with Iceberg, Zero's first hit brings the cooldown from 3 to 1, then the enemy hits him and brings it to 0, and then Zero strikes back with an Iceberg proc.

Zero's atk is bad, so most of the time he needs the special proc to do any real damage, especially to the really bulky units. That's why I run Iceberg instead of Glacies. I could technically run Slaying Bow with Glacies for a stronger special proc, but Gratia/Cocobow look way better.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Hey gorlos

Umm, it's been a minute? College got me busy. Been going to smash tournaments frequently again. Currently, I'm grinding smash 4 under the tutelage of Venia for the past month or so, and that's been cool.

:150:

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Okay! I played the demo!!!

Phantom is a menance. I was able to edgeguard in interesting ways with it. I went jumped offstage and started charging, and you can place the Phantom on the edge because he's behind you, while you're still falling. So it allows her to have some interesting coverage.
You start charge and make a decision. Do I press again or not. If not, you try to get space with your new threat.
Zelda feels so fast, light. I was able to use "wavelanding" very well. It felt good to be able to move her into the stage.
Grabs felt pretty good, upthrow is strong, like a jigglypuff throw. It seems to me she doesn't combo off throws as well, because her zoning is much better. So if someone's close, your goal is to just throw them far away from you and reset the neutral so you can zone again.

Very impressed. It was everything I wanted and more. Still playing, 3 day event. So I'll record some matches.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I finally have internet at home. Apparently the cable connecting to the modem got damaged somehow. By that, I mean it was damaged inside of the outlet, so I don't know how that happened. That said, an outage probably did occur in my area adding to the problem. The other thing is the technicians said that my router is unsurprisingly outdated, so I should probably get a new one if I want faster speeds through my router.

So, there was something I wanted to talk about, but didn't get a chance to and it was after seeing all the moves in DMC2, I am really disappointed in what the final product was and how much potential it had where some of it didn't return in future DMC games. The one thing that DMC2 introduced and didn't return was gun finishers. You heard that right, DMC2 had gun finishers for your combos. It was only for the shotgun and with Dante, but the fact you had combos where using a gun resulted in a unique finisher and not just firing it is pretty rad and saddening that it never came back, especially with DMC3 introducing Gunslinger. At least with the more powerful guns and keeping the shotgun finishers since Ebony & Ivory are rapid fire pistols used for juggling. DMC4 took away even more from guns as it didn't have contextual attacks like Dante stomping on someone and firing E&I at them or surfing on their bodies if you landed on them and spinning around firing E&I. DMC2 even had shoot dodging with the shotgun, but it was very clunky-looking as you had to attack with your sword first before you could do a slow cartwheel and shotgun blast. The slow part is kind of a running trend in DMC2. It took until DMC5 for shoot dodging to return. DMC2 also had gun counters as its version of Twosome Time where while firing at an enemy, you can fire at another enemy just before they attack to interrupt them. Pretty neat, but probably not as practical as actual counters or crowd-control with DMC3's version of Twosome Time. That said, you were able to fire with a shotgun and Ebony where Ebony was used to interrupt enemies. With all the craziness of DMC, it's kind of weird how DMC didn't keep Dante being able to fire two different firearms even if it wasn't unnecessary, but who cares, it's freaking DMC. Imagine being able to fire the shotgun, rocket launcher, whatever weird demon ranged weapon and Ebony at the same time. That'd be so cool.

Another thing was that using Devil Trigger changed your normal combos. That didn't happen again until with Vergil in DMC4: Special Edition and for only one move, his first, regular combo for Yamato where adds a charged slash at the end. In DMC1, DMC4, and as far as we know in DMC5, some input moves like Stinger or Kick 13 are changed when you're in Devil Trigger. In DMC2, your normal combos on the ground and in the air all change. Even if it's aesthetic, it's a neat touch showing how much their capabilities change when they're in DT compared to while they're human. For example, DMC2's version of Million Stab is Dante summoning a bunch of swords rather than actually stabbing rapidly. Actually stabbing looks cooler in my opinion, though.

Seriously, watch this video of Dante's moves in DMC2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_oCUYgV5_U.

Also, we do not speak of DMC2's version of Stinger for Dante. That was an abomination. Thankfully, Trish kept DMC1's Stinger when you unlock and play as her in DMC2.

Continuing with DMC, someone noticed that DMC5 added a neat detail with Dante's guns: https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCr...and_ivory_have_different_fire_rates_in_dmc_v/. In the DMC3 manga, it was stated that Ebony and Ivory are not identical guns. Aside from the obvious including where one is made right-handed and the other left-handed, it was stated that Ebony, the left hand pistol, was customized for long distance targeting and comfort while Ivory, the right hand gun, was customized for rapid fire and quick draws. In every game before DMC5, E&I have the same firing rate and behave the same which makes sense since the differing firing rates wasn't mentioned until in a manga for DMC3 and nobody knows if it was ever a thing for the early concepts of DMC1 which if it was, I think might have been a difficult thing to implement at the time. In DMC5, they implemented that detail from the manga which is so cool. At first, I thought it was maybe a Gunslinger style thing or if you strafed in a certain direction Dante would fire in bursts like in DMC2, but nope, the bursts are actually because Ivory is firing faster than Ebony. Here's the linked video in the thread near the time when it's demonstrated: https://youtu.be/L3EDso2hsWQ?t=545.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Okay! I played the demo!!!

Phantom is a menance. I was able to edgeguard in interesting ways with it. I went jumped offstage and started charging, and you can place the Phantom on the edge because he's behind you, while you're still falling. So it allows her to have some interesting coverage.
You start charge and make a decision. Do I press again or not. If not, you try to get space with your new threat.
Zelda feels so fast, light. I was able to use "wavelanding" very well. It felt good to be able to move her into the stage.
Grabs felt pretty good, upthrow is strong, like a jigglypuff throw. It seems to me she doesn't combo off throws as well, because her zoning is much better. So if someone's close, your goal is to just throw them far away from you and reset the neutral so you can zone again.

Very impressed. It was everything I wanted and more. Still playing, 3 day event. So I'll record some matches.
Oh boi I'm glad one of our own is out there fighting the good fight.

Top Bottom