• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
ok genuinely I thought Zelda would be at least decent and usable this game but she looks like SOLID this is a lot to take in after so many years of neglect LOL

if utilt to bair is real, that is S C A R Y

and just regardless of her actual moveset her new aesthetics and magic and particles and sound effects are so good im like :')

Last edited:
Japan has had it rough with a typhoon and a massive earthquake. Hoping everyone there is safe :(

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's going on everyone? :ultzelda:

Heard what happened in Japan. Hope everyone is safe, and Nintendo is very respectful for doing this.
Delaying the Direct for those that have suffered is a very VERY respectable thing they've done. And I'm glad they've done that.

Hope everyone in Japan is safe.

No yuri pic today due to this tragedy.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Raykushi did a nice talk about his impressions of Zelda after 50+ games of dedicated playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI2NMxpymFk

Here’s a summary:

- Our Jab is similar to Palutena’s in terms of utility now though not as ridiculous follow ups. Jab1 is actually surprisingly low commitment and good as a mixup. It can be used to stuff approaches really well compared to the old Jab since it’s much faster at frame 4 instead of 11.

One example he used was jabbing someone’s shield and reacting to their following spotdodge by simply continuing to multi jab, since the input window is fairly lenient.

Another being stuffing an approaching character’s attempt to grab with Jab1, where old Jab would have been too slow otherwise to counterattack.

- Utilt is her best tilt for sure. It combos, it has some sort of wide reach/intangibility since he apparently never traded with anyone’s aerial approach so long as he timed it correctly, making it a great anti-air. Because of it’s fast speed and low lag, it’s also very noncommital. Most likely one of Zelda’s staples.

Ftilt is largely the same.

Dtilt is still good for combo conversions and a fast move, but will most likely be dethroned by Utilt for overall useability.

- Smashes are about the same it seems, but Usmash obviously having an anti air quality to it similarly to Utilt.

- Fair/Bair’s reduced landing lag allowed for another follow up kick opportunity despite an initial sourspot hit. At certain percentages, even the sourspot connecting still kept Zelda safe. Overall, the kicks are reasonably safer to use. Fair is also now a practical carbon copy of Bair frame wise and power wise.

The range and power haven’t changed much, but the sweetspot is definitely improved in a way that you can sweetspot at closer ranges. If Zelda’s sweetspot is normally her ankle let’s say, then you could say the sweetspot hitbox has extended further up her leg, allowing for closer quarters sweetspotting.

Nair’s final hit now sends opponents away depending on the side it hits on. If you hit on the right side, it launches them to the right, left to the left. If you hard drift into your opponent, you could cause them to get launched the other way- which can allow for interesting positioning.

Uair is definitely a bit bigger. According to the Zelda discord and them, they tried to recreate scenarios from the demo videos and found Smash 4 Uair did not connect in some of these.

- Dair appears to be safe against shield, allowing for reliable aerial shield pressure. It’s also has neat combo capabilities due to it’s noticeably reduced landing lag.

- Nayru’s is still really good, plus not losing your momentum is probably a good thing in the end.

Farore’s teleport happens much faster, and there’s also less landing lag. Because of the much earlier drift, it allows better mixups with recovering. It also allows for better sniping because of it’s increased teleport speed.

Din’s is much faster and more flexible to manuever. Because of the removal of freefall and the highly increased commitment to airdodging and only getting 1 airdodge in the air, edgeguarding with this in combination with Phantom can be very devastating.

One point they made was to jump of the ledge with Din’s against a recovering opponent, forcing the airdodge while also simultaneously positioning yourself for an edgeguard as you float off stage- which is something the old Din’s would have never allowed.

Phantom is going to be intergral to Zelda’s play, similar to to what bananas is for Diddy. If you saw a Diddy that isn’t using bananas, they’re probably playing Diddy wrong- same for Zelda and her Phantom Slash.

Any Phantom with a sword is really good- the overhead slash Phantom apparently has a ton of range. Delayed Phantom not only has trap capabilities, but can solidly cover otherwise risky options like raw Farore Sniping. It’s edgeguard capabilities are immense and should really be heavily noted. It takes about 1 second to fully charge, and has noticeably less afterlag. It just overall has tons of applications and will definitely be an integral part of her kit.

- Uthrow is definitely the new kill throw, giving Zelda a really nice mid percent kill option that requires no setup. Beware of staling though, and try to preserve Uthrow for kills only.

Dthrow is still a good combo throw until higher percentages.

Bthrow is a decent kill throw.

Fthrow has very bad kb growth despite it’s impressive base kb. Purely for positioning.

———————————

General Notes and Impressions / Theory

- Keep in mind that despite everyone getting buffed across the board landing lag etc wise, you have to remember not all buffs are equal for everyone. Sheik getting more options is not nearly as big an improvement as Zelda getting more options as an example. Sheik already has safe options, so adding more onto that won’t really change much about her- but Zelda getting options will cause a bigger increase in performance due to her not having very much in the first place. Things like acting out of dash, the universal jumpsquat speed, airdodge changes, shields being nerfed are all things that benefit Zelda a lot compared to characters who were already comfortable with their toolkit.

The changes to her moveset also cover a lot of her big weaknesses.

1. Neutral is better with faster, noncommital options to deal with faster opponent aggression.

2. Approach options are better due to the overall decreased landing lag from aerials as well as using things like Phantom to cover approaches.

3. With reliable kill options at mid percent, she no longer has to land any of her unsafe, slow kill moves raw to secure KOs due to having no more setups. Now she has practical, straightforward options like Uthrow to cover this weakness.

4. With utilt being buffed, she has a solid option vs aerial approaches, where before she struggled to deal with aerial angles due to having no safe moves for coverage.

I think that was most of the major points! I might have missed some, but I’m happy to hear some solid feedback from someone who knows Zelda well and dedicated a lot of time playing her for the demo. This IS still the demo though, but overall the outlook is good with this newly, well researched, relevant testimony. Thank you to Raykushi!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Raykushi did a nice talk about his impressions of Zelda after 50+ games of dedicated playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI2NMxpymFk

Here’s a summary:

- Our Jab is similar to Palutena’s in terms of utility now though not as ridiculous follow ups. Jab1 is actually surprisingly low commitment and good as a mixup. It can be used to stuff approaches really well compared to the old Jab since it’s much faster at frame 4 instead of 11.

One example he used was jabbing someone’s shield and reacting to their following spotdodge by simply continuing to multi jab, since the input window is fairly lenient.

Another being stuffing an approaching character’s attempt to grab with Jab1, where old Jab would have been too slow otherwise to counterattack.

- Utilt is her best tilt for sure. It combos, it has some sort of wide reach/intangibility since he apparently never traded with anyone’s aerial approach so long as he timed it correctly, making it a great anti-air. Because of it’s fast speed and low lag, it’s also very noncommital. Most likely one of Zelda’s staples.

Ftilt is largely the same.

Dtilt is still good for combo conversions and a fast move, but will most likely be dethroned by Utilt for overall useability.

- Smashes are about the same it seems, but Usmash obviously having an anti air quality to it similarly to Utilt.

- Fair/Bair’s reduced landing lag allowed for another follow up kick opportunity despite an initial sourspot hit. At certain percentages, even the sourspot connecting still kept Zelda safe. Overall, the kicks are reasonably safer to use. Fair is also now a practical carbon copy of Bair frame wise and power wise.

The range and power haven’t changed much, but the sweetspot is definitely improved in a way that you can sweetspot at closer ranges. If Zelda’s sweetspot is normally her ankle let’s say, then you could say the sweetspot hitbox has extended further up her leg, allowing for closer quarters sweetspotting.

Nair’s final hit now sends opponents away depending on the side it hits on. If you hit on the right side, it launches them to the right, left to the left. If you hard drift into your opponent, you could cause them to get launched the other way- which can allow for interesting positioning.

Uair is definitely a bit bigger. According to the Zelda discord and them, they tried to recreate scenarios from the demo videos and found Smash 4 Uair did not connect in some of these.

- Dair appears to be safe against shield, allowing for reliable aerial shield pressure. It’s also has neat combo capabilities due to it’s noticeably reduced landing lag.

- Nayru’s is still really good, plus not losing your momentum is probably a good thing in the end.

Farore’s teleport happens much faster, and there’s also less landing lag. Because of the much earlier drift, it allows better mixups with recovering. It also allows for better sniping because of it’s increased teleport speed.

Din’s is much faster and more flexible to manuever. Because of the removal of freefall and the highly increased commitment to airdodging and only getting 1 airdodge in the air, edgeguarding with this in combination with Phantom can be very devastating.

One point they made was to jump of the ledge with Din’s against a recovering opponent, forcing the airdodge while also simultaneously positioning yourself for an edgeguard as you float off stage- which is something the old Din’s would have never allowed.

Phantom is going to be intergral to Zelda’s play, similar to to what bananas is for Diddy. If you saw a Diddy that isn’t using bananas, they’re probably playing Diddy wrong- same for Zelda and her Phantom Slash.

Any Phantom with a sword is really good- the overhead slash Phantom apparently has a ton of range. Delayed Phantom not only has trap capabilities, but can solidly cover otherwise risky options like raw Farore Sniping. It’s edgeguard capabilities are immense and should really be heavily noted. It takes about 1 second to fully charge, and has noticeably less afterlag. It just overall has tons of applications and will definitely be an integral part of her kit.

- Uthrow is definitely the new kill throw, giving Zelda a really nice mid percent kill option that requires no setup. Beware of staling though, and try to preserve Uthrow for kills only.

Dthrow is still a good combo throw until higher percentages.

Bthrow is a decent kill throw.

Fthrow has very bad kb growth despite it’s impressive base kb. Purely for positioning.

———————————

General Notes and Impressions / Theory

- Keep in mind that despite everyone getting buffed across the board landing lag etc wise, you have to remember not all buffs are equal for everyone. Sheik getting more options is not nearly as big an improvement as Zelda getting more options as an example. Sheik already has safe options, so adding more onto that won’t really change much about her- but Zelda getting options will cause a bigger increase in performance due to her not having very much in the first place. Things like acting out of dash, the universal jumpsquat speed, airdodge changes, shields being nerfed are all things that benefit Zelda a lot compared to characters who were already comfortable with their toolkit.

The changes to her moveset also cover a lot of her big weaknesses.

1. Neutral is better with faster, noncommital options to deal with faster opponent aggression.

2. Approach options are better due to the overall decreased landing lag from aerials as well as using things like Phantom to cover approaches.

3. With reliable kill options at mid percent, she no longer has to land any of her unsafe, slow kill moves raw to secure KOs due to having no more setups. Now she has practical, straightforward options like Uthrow to cover this weakness.

4. With utilt being buffed, she has a solid option vs aerial approaches, where before she struggled to deal with aerial angles due to having no safe moves for coverage.

I think that was most of the major points! I might have missed some, but I’m happy to hear some solid feedback from someone who knows Zelda well and dedicated a lot of time playing her for the demo. This IS still the demo though, but overall the outlook is good with this newly, well researched, relevant testimony. Thank you to Raykushi!
I watched the video too, but it's good to see more condensed summary for those who can't really spare an hour of a time to squeeze out all discoveries regarding Zelda in Ultimate.

To the point though - this is all looks so promising! We still got to play the waiting game until the release to see if Zelda's gonna stay this nicely decent - but at least we've finally managed to glimpse on flourishing potential that can be brought out from this often-regarded Trash Princess.

I mean, if this all follows through and more... I can actually smell a new true go-to-main/favorite character for the rest of the series. I've been looking such a spot for a while since Wario-Land Wario never got to be realized ("SAKURAII!")

Within me I had always felt that Zelda could have been there in Melee next to Peach, due her magic-based moveset on a female fighter, yet if she wasn't just so bad with it...

So now with this apparently buffed, memorably plucky and diabetes-inducingly adorable incarnation of Zelda from ALTTP-games, I can finally realize that kind of dream. And I bet so will many, many others around here.

We just got to hope for the best... just one more time.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
The only thing that I vehemently disagree with from the video is that phantom will be used as fundamentally as banana peel.

Out of all the chargable moves in the game, phantom has the worst design. There aren't going to be many openings for us to stand and charge with the new mechanics, everyone is faster and safer so charging instead of keeping your options open is going to put you at your opponents mercy.

I'm imagining it will be punishable kind of like how you can react to ness's pk fire. If you roll through it you can get a free punish, or if it's not fully charged you might be able to shield and punish.

I need to see this move in more circumstances really. Looks like it will be oppressive offstage, but not overly problematic onstage.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The only thing that I vehemently disagree with from the video is that phantom will be used as fundamentally as banana peel.

Out of all the chargable moves in the game, phantom has the worst design. There aren't going to be many openings for us to stand and charge with the new mechanics, everyone is faster and safer so charging instead of keeping your options open is going to put you at your opponents mercy.

I'm imagining it will be punishable kind of like how you can react to ness's pk fire. If you roll through it you can get a free punish, or if it's not fully charged you might be able to shield and punish.

I need to see this move in more circumstances really. Looks like it will be oppressive offstage, but not overly problematic onstage.
Obviously the best answer to Phantom is to pressure Zelda so that she can't charge and set it up.

This alone helps fix Zelda's historic glaring flaw of being a defensive punish-based character with nothing to really incentivize an opponent's approach. Like Ivysaur's old Bullet Seed, sometimes just the threat of a move is enough to prevent opponents from acting in a certain way.

You really think this chargeable move is worse than Jet Hammer/Hammer Flip?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Obviously the best answer to Phantom is to pressure Zelda so that she can't charge and set it up.

This alone helps fix Zelda's historic glaring flaw of being a defensive punish-based character with nothing to really incentivize an opponent's approach. Like Ivysaur's old Bullet Seed, sometimes just the threat of a move is enough to prevent opponents from acting in a certain way.

You really think this chargeable move is worse than Jet Hammer/Hammer Flip?
That makes sense, and was how I was planning on using it. I think I misunderstood why he thought it was good. I don't expect to land it very often but it can force a reaction which is good.

Still tho, I am worried about its speed, if it ends too slowly people could use it against you more effectively than you using it on them. Essentially, I currently see it as a better version of what we have already.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That makes sense, and was how I was planning on using it. I think I misunderstood why he thought it was good. I don't expect to land it very often but it can force a reaction which is good.

Still tho, I am worried about its speed, if it ends too slowly people could use it against you more effectively than you using it on them. Essentially, I currently see it as a better version of what we have already.
Won't it still basically be an obstruction to the opponent regardless of it landing?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Won't it still basically be an obstruction to the opponent regardless of it landing?
I assume it will be down to matchups as well. Some characters like Ganondorf have no real chance against it unless Wizfoot has priority or something. But we'll have problems against Fox for example.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Patch Notes fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

So ArcSys has officially released a list of what every character will be getting during this upcoming Balance Patch for BBTAG. I had a look through it myself, for those that wanna check them out. I'll leave them here:

http://arcsystemworks.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-patch-1-30-details/

I'm happy with most of the balance changes, except Yang's. :V
BBTAG has made me hate Yang, she seems more like an asshole to me in this game. Mori, when can we get PTSD Yang instead? :secretkpop:

But overall, it seems like Gordeau got a small buff, Weiss and Yukiko got the largest amount of buffs I've seen. And because of my dislike for Yang, I was hoping she'd get nerfed. However, I am very happy that Ruby got nerfed; she's been ridiculous to fight against sometimes, her j214x is dumb and her 5B has that stupid hitbox as well; so I'm glad they're extending her hurtbox on those moves. Now she won't be a complete pain to deal with, I guess? :secretkpop:

Also, I've now reached HR 3 in MHGU; which took me long enough, as I had about 5 HR 2 Quests left to do, before the damn Urgent Quest popped up. Hopefully I can reach G Rank soon, because I got over 200 Horn Coins in my Item Box thanks to transferring my Save Data over to it. So I can then get the best Prowler equipment and Hunter equipment. :yeahboi:

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
Behold gorls, the ultimate Zelda footage

Oh and this opinion video from the same uploader (this is the same person who made the other posted video btw)
Maining Zelda is one crazy emotional rollercoaster...
I agree with a ton of his points, though calling out people for thinking she could still be bad was a bit rude. We are emotionally scarred, and we don't want our hearts broke again, for she breaks them so easily...
I'm blaming you if it turns out that she is overhyped again ( ;) ). I got to look towards getting a switch now... so there went like 400$ :b:
But really thank you, this made my day, glad I was busy being tired yesterday and my charger got left at home <3
Also, darn mother nature and her earthquakes. Really sad that it happened to everyone over there, hope the injured stay safe and recover, and the dead found peace.
Nintendo did a very decent thing...I'm sad that I have to complement decency, but it's lacking as of late with various companies and I certainly respect them a bit more for it.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Smash Ultimate drops in exactly 3 months from today, which is exciting

I did just remember Sakurai saying in the 8/8 Direct that they are going to reveal all of the playable characters before launch, so that does lend some legitimacy to us getting another fighter reveal with the upcoming direct

the story just continues to be bad. ylgr was loki in disguise, which nobody saw coming. at the very least, the nifl/muspel arc is most likely coming to an end. it sounds like the next chapter will have us finally kill surtr, and then we can move on to whatever it is loki's doing. loki working for the "greater evil" was something a billion people predicted, but it was good to get confirmation for that. the fact that surtr is going to kill veronica hopefully means her base form will be playable soon. also pls give us ylgr and hrid, even if they're legendary heroes or whatever idc. it would be cool to be able to use some of the other ocs (laegjarn is really the only other one i like), but i don't really see that happening. also pls give us bruno IS

but with the orbs i saved up and with the ones from the new chapter, i managed to pull a +hp -atk green!olwen, a +spd -def deirdre, and a +hp -atk brave ephraim. olwen is just swift sparrow fodder (once i get her confession), but those ivs on deirdre are really nice and i'll actually build her up. i have been wanting ephraim so badly, so i'm happy to get him despite the bad ivs. i guess it's back to saving again, as much as i would like to get steady breath to finish hinata's build

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
BTW, something probably cutesy - but this is what I've been doing this summer:

Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past, amirite~
Do u have a download for this because I would absolutely use it.
Not entirely unrelated but I've been trying to start a randomizer for... any game really and none of them seem to work. The LttP Sper Metroid combo one says I entered the wrong rom (which I didn't, I used the japanese version of LttP and the NA version of SM like it said but w.e.). Then I tried OoT, except that needs the 1.0 version of the game and I can't find a rom for that version anywhere so rip that. Finally I tried Super Metroid alone, except even on the easiest difficulty I've gotten softlocked a few times and I'm almost dead certain that my seed is unbeatable without using glitches (I had to lean the alcatraz escape but even after doing that there's nowhere else I can access from what I can tell so idfk I give up). Also the SM randomizer doesn't even save so it doesn't seem like it wants me to play it anyways. Sooooo, does anyone have any tips for any of these games?

Heroes junk, I tried pulling on the new banner for a bit and got a Sanaki. Cool, I wanted her a year and a half ago before Celica was added so I don't really need her now but it's still neat I guess. +Def -Res is ew tho.
I love the manuals oml, most of my barrack space is fodder so being able to clean out most of it is fantastic. I still keep at least 1 copy of everyone (whichever one that has the best IV's ofc) just in case I need them later. But I have like 10 manuals of Klein and Titania now, 20 more spaces open from just those 2 units is amazing.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Gaze upon my new and much improved signature! Or I guess wait for a new page so it'll actually show up!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Do u have a download for this because I would absolutely use it.
This one's actually custom-made by me via slapping two patches together without breaking one another, so I think I have to just hand it to you.

Not entirely unrelated but I've been trying to start a randomizer for... any game really and none of them seem to work. The LttP Sper Metroid combo one says I entered the wrong rom (which I didn't, I used the japanese version of LttP and the NA version of SM like it said but w.e.). Then I tried OoT, except that needs the 1.0 version of the game and I can't find a rom for that version anywhere so rip that.
Yeah, getting working dumps is bit hard, you got to find ones that have the proper checksum and ensure it needs to have a header or not (better have a certain tool to deal with that). And version-specific kind is mainly a big Google chase. Let's say it's probably even harder now there's been some recent big losses in certain type of a community.

But I try to avoid talking about gray-area stuff here so I'll just PM you.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
This one's actually custom-made by me via slapping two patches together without breaking one another, so I think I have to just hand it to you.

Yeah, getting working dumps is bit hard, you got to find ones that have the proper checksum and ensure it needs to have a header or not (better have a certain tool to deal with that). And version-specific kind is mainly a big Google chase. Let's say it's probably even harder now there's been some recent big losses in certain type of a community.

But I try to avoid talking about gray-area stuff here so I'll just PM you.
I enjoy talking about moral grey area stuff, please, PM me so we can talk about that good and evil.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going *Insert name of Monster from Monster Hunter here* fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

So I managed to slay my very first Dragon in Monster Hunter. Being a Teostra, it actually surprised me a few times on what it could do; but it wasn't too difficult.

I'm more surprised on how they're throwing all of these powerful monsters at me now in HR 3 of all things. I'd expect them to appear in HR 6 or even in G Rank. Not in HR 3 of all times.

I got things to slay and catch like the S.Magala, Gore Magala, Lagiacrus, Tigrex, etc. And I'll admit, I thought I'd be using my Prowler as my secondary playstyle, but infact; it's starting to become the other way around. Where the Glaive is becoming my secondary weapon to use. :V

I'll need to fix this and go back to using the Glaive as my main. Also, quick question for those that play Monster Hunter.

Should I make the Gourmew Armour Set?

Or the joke Armour, the Footbath Armour Set?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
How's it going *Insert name of Monster from Monster Hunter here* fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

Gore Magala is the best armor/weapon set in the entirety of monster hunter. So stylish.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

So I managed to slay my very first Dragon in Monster Hunter. Being a Teostra, it actually surprised me a few times on what it could do; but it wasn't too difficult.

I'm more surprised on how they're throwing all of these powerful monsters at me now in HR 3 of all things. I'd expect them to appear in HR 6 or even in G Rank. Not in HR 3 of all times.

I got things to slay and catch like the S.Magala, Gore Magala, Lagiacrus, Tigrex, etc. And I'll admit, I thought I'd be using my Prowler as my secondary playstyle, but infact; it's starting to become the other way around. Where the Glaive is becoming my secondary weapon to use. :V

I'll need to fix this and go back to using the Glaive as my main. Also, quick question for those that play Monster Hunter.

Believe you me when I say you ain't seen nothing yet of what those Elder Dragons can do. Low rank versions have smaller movepools. For Teostra, can you say... distant supernova?

Gore Magala is the best armor/weapon set in the entirety of monster hunter. So stylish.
I know I forged that set and it's dual blades so that I could use them with that Wolf Fury or whatever art (the one that makes all hits do a second) and really capture the Gore look. But for me it's hard to top Akantor's set. Simple, but intimidating and badass. Also Akantor is blast to hunt. Not like his jerk ice brother. When rising through the ranks, Barroth is my go-to.

For cats you just can't beat Nerscylla.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Believe you me when I say you ain't seen nothing yet of what those Elder Dragons can do. Low rank versions have smaller movepools. For Teostra, can you say... distant supernova?

I know I forged that set and it's dual blades so that I could use them with that Wolf Fury or whatever art (the one that makes all hits do a second) and really capture the Gore look. But for me it's hard to top Akantor's set. Simple, but intimidating and badass. Also Akantor is blast to hunt. Not like his jerk ice brother. When rising through the ranks, Barroth is my go-to.

For cats you just can't beat Nerscylla.
Nerscylla cat was a permanent addition to my team. I play gunlance, and there is nothing more satisfying than the Gore Magala reload, even the Shagaru Reload isn't as amazing.

I usually ended up using basarios helmet on a mixed armor set, I loved that helmet, I need a replacement...

I started watching that dragon maid show, and it's exactly what I wanted from an anime. I will be cosplaying from it by next year. My only complaint is that it's a tad lewd.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I’m assuming you all have seen this?

Problem with this one is that more footage has come since E3, but he still uses only evidence from that, and he neglects to cover utilt or her smashes. Even just a brief acknowledgement that no significant changes were found would have been nice.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I've been waiting the pushblock Zelda video for a long time it feels like, oddly it feels a bit underwhelming compared to his heavies videos.

I still think the notion of Phantom being useful is far overblown. Especially if it loses to any attack that hits Zelda (unconfirmed)

Needles, lasers, or any other projectile could potentially beat out the frames it takes to release, leaving Zelda vulnerable yet again. I've said this before, but people will get used to it and it won't stop good players from invading your space.

Last edited:

Naro Lucian

Smash Rookie
Hello gorls. I've finally decided to make an account here, but I've been a looooong time lurker on the Zelda boards. I am staying optimistic about Zelda's viability.

I personally thought the pushblock Zelda video was great. He did make a disclaimer in the beginning saying to assume that moves that were not talked about were largely similar/there is not enough evidence around them. Changes to uptilt and upsmash are largely speculation at this point. As for "only using evidence from E3 footage" that's not what I noticed. When he talked about Zelda's up throw killing, he used the footage of mewtwo dying which was a fairly recent upload. I really didn't see any major issues with the video nor did I find it underwhelming to be frank.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I'm guessing the Smash 4 Zelda social has been unofficially abandoned. Guess I'll move my FEH nonsense here then. :p

Note: I don't play Zelda or know enough about her. On Zelda, though, the talk about her ability to anti-air made me think about how her Utilt and Up Smash are very vertical. They also lack, to my knowledge, invincibility frames unlike the Up Smashes of Roy, Sheik, and Wii Fit Trainer. She also doesn't go as low profile as some other Utilts and Up Smashes like Fox's Utilt or Mario's. That said, they do have wide hitboxes, but not horizontally forward or safe ones is what I'm getting at.

Not sure what's going to happen in Ultimate, but Utilt and/or Up Smash getting arm invincibility would be really helpful for her so that she can challenge aerials more safely. Still, it would require her being able to hit them which could be a problem how they hit. Utilt looks like it has the most horizontal range in front of her, but that might not be enough for some aerials. What would be nice or might become a thing or is already a thing with her is angled Ftilt being used as an anti-air. Not sure what would be needed to make that work, though.

As for my FEH nonsense, well, I don't know, I guess I don't like having orbs anymore.
3* Athena #1: +Atk, -Res.

3* Bartre: +HP, -Res.

3* Priscilla: +Spd, -Def.

4* Shanna #1: +Atk, -Res.

3* Shanna #2: +HP, -Atk.

4* Athena #2: +Spd, -Res.

4* Catria: +Def, -HP.

3* Cherche: +HP, -Def.

4* Draug: +Def, -HP.

3* Seliph: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Effie: +Res, -Spd.

4* Gordin: +HP, -Spd.

3* Lilina: +HP, -Def.

4* Nino: +Res, -Atk.

3* Setsuna: +HP, -Atk.

3* Henry: +HP, -Spd.

4* Ogma: neutral.

3* Peri: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Serra: +Res, -HP.

5* CYL Veronica: +Atk, -Def. Sweet, but also kind of problem with her appearing the be a F2P strategy pick. I could probably just give her Fortress Def so make her neutral.

5* CYL Ephraim: +Atk, -Res. 41 base attack with a 19 Mt axe.

3* Lachesis: +HP, -Res.

3* Leon: +HP, -Atk.

3* Niles: +Res, -Def.

4* Odin: neutral.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh so that's where the best Helix player in ARMS got his name from.
Hello gorls. I've finally decided to make an account here, but I've been a looooong time lurker on the Zelda boards. I am staying optimistic about Zelda's viability.
Hi is this u
I've been trying to find out who this is for over a year.

Naro Lucian

Smash Rookie

Hi is this u
Lol. No I'm afraid that is not me. My wii u nnid name was Walner. There is actually footage of my Zelda beating Narcissa's .... duckhunt on one of her older twitch streams lol, so nothing remarkable since she doesn't play that character.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Wow thanks Heroes, 4.75% into the CYL2 banner and still no 2nd 5* unit. I am so glad I play this game sometimesssss~

On the plus side for mobile gaming, I got 1 shiny Moltres and 4 other Moltres from the event. So that's super nice. Even though I don't really like Moltres. pls gib Articuno ok tyvm. I also got 1 fast TM and 2 charged tms, so I could fix up some of my gorl's movepools to make more sense. Milotic now knows Surf so she can be a scary bulky gorl and Sceptile knows Bullet Seed so he can actually be good at pure grass attacking. My super awesome Anorith (I caught him at lvl 32 and he has near perfect IVs) also got his crappy Cross Poison turned into Rock Blast, which is the only good move he can learn for some reason instead of X-Scissor or something else that makes sense for a Bug/Rock type boi with claw thingies.

So Heroes is a bad day, as usual. PoGo is a super good day, which is more usual than a super good day in Heroes. That means everything's just an average day for mobile gaming. :'^)

I’m assuming you all have seen this?

This is the kinda stuff I've been waiting for. irl numbers and data that are relevant to living and life and other junk? Booooooo. Data/numbers/etc for video games? YEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

So the buffs to really look at up to this point in time:
1) Bair and Fair are the same. Except Fair has 1 frame less end lag. Like, 30% of her game revolves around these and now people have to respect them even if they're whiffed (like Marth Fairs).

2) Uthrow went from garbo to the 2nd strongest kill Uthrow, which is great because previously Upward KOs were limited for Z-money, easy to avoid, punishable, and nothing too impressive for KB. Damage was never a problem, killing was. And she relied heavily on getting side KOs/successful edge guard KOs which was super hard to do because of infinite dodges/almost everybody having godly recoveries.

3) Her entire kit benefits from the dodge and rage mechanic nerfs for SmashU. She personally never benefited from the Sm4sh mechanics as much as the other characters, so this is a blanket buff to her kit. The speedy characters, however, did benefit from them... She's comin' for them speedy heauxes eeeeeee.

4) Overall, everything has a faster start-up or less delay. But she also has more reliable kill options thanks to her edge guard improving and also having Uthrow as a KO option. The only nerf she received was to her grabs, but in actuality, they were always kinda bad at kill percents anyway. But now she at least can kill with them so it works out.

5) She's not a projectile harasser type of character, she just seems to be a typical zoner character with projectile-character-type elements. But with the Phantom buff she should have an easier time vs people who would normally just camp her out/out-NYOOOM her. They now have to respect her space because all kweens should have their space respected duh.

Me irl after seeing Zelda will have a higher tier placement than before:

even if it'll be just one placement to the left jajajajaaajaaajaaaaaaaaj

I hope WFT and Robin also get a similar look-over with their entire kit. Robin's range and all is fine, it just needs the Zelda frame-shaving treatment and Robin needs a speed boost. While WFT's clunk would be OK if all of ha moves had more range. Maybe they can add sunny-sparkles to all of ha Smash attacks to extend the range so WFT can be a yoga gorl AND a magic glitter gorl. Das the buff we need, Sakurai pls.

Hi is this u
We already found out it was Sakarai, gorlo. He knew Zelda needed to be banned, so to make it more apparent, he buffed ha kit significantly for SmashUUUUUU and made the mechanics play in ha favor.

:ultzelda: P R E P A R E :ultike: Y O U R S E L F :ultzelda:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'm getting real sick of every big Smash YT channel running with the 'Translators were wrong this Twitter pic says otherwise it's akchuwally ALttP'.

Like, it's clearly drawing from both, there's full elements copy pasted from ALBW that you can't ignore, and whether it's "more" one or the other, correcting a 'mistranslation' by being just as wrong is just annoying.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm getting real sick of every big Smash YT channel running with the 'Translators were wrong this Twitter pic says otherwise it's akchuwally ALttP'.

Like, it's clearly drawing from both, there's full elements copy pasted from ALBW that you can't ignore, and whether it's "more" one or the other, correcting a 'mistranslation' by being just as wrong is just annoying.
I feel all of this so much - I kind of like the fact that they corporate best of both worlds (harh) to her design. Can't people just appreciate that...

Also this is all I can see them now with this nitpicking:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
The blonde ALttP Zelda is not even canon, but ALBW Zelda was clearly based on her, so it's just natural that Sakurai would drawn inspiration from the same concept art when making the HD non-chibi version of ALBW Zelda. Still that is not ALttP Zelda, this is ALttP Zelda:
Screenshot from 2018-09-09 03-09-32.png

So no, Ultimate's Zelda is not based on ALttP, but in ALBW + a concept art, just like Brawl's Sheik was based on another concept art, not on "TP Sheik".
Can people just let that fallacy die now?

Top Bottom