• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This has been a trend for me for the last 3 years ayyyy lmao #420
image.png
image.png
image.png

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ash Greninja is pretty good in shuffle imo.
I haven't caught it yet, ever since I had to restart my game ( :c ) I've been running low on cash and with underleveled Pokémon.
What is its skill?

Also gorls, be REALLY careful with your Dank Memes.
Red TyranTs usually don't like them.

:196:

Last edited:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
True, but I don't know, it feels more like an OoS option than a panic button for me... probably because I don't really use Bowser, though. Is it really a good panic button? Unlike Donkey Kong's upB, I feel like it's more punishable, especially in the air - DK's upB goes farther.
I could go on and on since Bowser was the first character I picked up when I got the game, but youre right- upB in the air isn't a good option most of the time, outside of getting you out from Ryu's utilts or Lucario's Aura sphere. On the ground I remember overusing upB was one of the things that really screwed me over, because although it is a great punish move, your opponent can bait it out if they plan accordingly (for example trying to punish Yoshi's or Marth's Fair but being unable to if they Di all the way back and then shield before you reach them). So yeah upB isn't a good panic button, but it's a panic button nonetheless. Probably the best (and most annoying) panic button is :4luigi:'s Nair.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you are a new Bowser user, I can't stress enough how important his pivot grab is to his gameplay. Whenever I see a Bowser who never uses that, I feel bad because its such a crucial move.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
EODM07 EODM07 Did VGBC even stream any Smash U yet?

When a stream is titled 'Playing Smash U' and they're playing Melee...
That was yesterday. There was a Yoshi ditto between The Wall and Raptor there so you know that I was happy lol. Grands was Seagull Joe vs The Wall, but I don't know who won.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
(when was the last time a big title game like this came out for wiiU?)
About a month ago when Pokken Tournament came out, actually.

If you tell me, I'll tell you who is in my avatar.
Hmm...Edward Snowden and Michael Cera?

It's kinda funny that Star Fox Guard is getting better reviews than Star Fox Zero
That's because it looked like the better game from the beginning.

Still annoyed they added a Star Fox skin to it though, over the far more obvious and deserving choice.

*looks sorrowfully at R.O.B. amiibo*

You'll get a game of your own one day, my little robotic operating buddy. One day.

Just gonna have to put my hopes into them doing the right thing with Project Giant Robot.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I haven't caught it yet, ever since I had to restart my game ( :c ) I've been running low on cash and with underleveled Pokémon.
What is its skill?

Also gorls, be REALLY careful with your Dank Memes.
Red TyranTs usually don't like them.

It says power of 4+. It's only level 2 but sometimes a match of 4 will do like 120 and the next turn it'll do almost 700. Not 100% sure how it works.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
That was yesterday. There was a Yoshi ditto between The Wall and Raptor there so you know that I was happy lol. Grands was Seagull Joe vs The Wall, but I don't know who won.
Yeah I'm watching some of the highlights now. Just saw Teki vs a Lucas and a Pika and victory for our froggie. I still can't for the life of me figure out what the hell happened to Teki's 1st stock vs Lucas though, looked like a ledge bonk SD and yet it didn't x.x

Also @#HBC | Scary good stuff at making it to GF on your recent tourney with our sis :4zelda: and some :4sheik:

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It says power of 4+. It's only level 2 but sometimes a match of 4 will do like 120 and the next turn it'll do almost 700. Not 100% sure how it works.
Po4+ has a 80% activation rate on a match of 4 and it multiplies damage dealt by 3x, while regular Po4 is 1.5x with 100% rate.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Yeah I'm watching some of the highlights now. Just saw Teki vs a Lucas and a Pika and victory for our froggie. I still can't for the life of me figure out what the hell happened to Teki's 1st stock vs Lucas though, looked like a ledge bonk SD and yet it didn't x.x

Also @#HBC | Scary good stuff at making it to GF on your recent tourney with our sis :4zelda: and some :4sheik:
Ledge bonk SD got fixed last patch :)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh I had no idea... guess my description was 99% wrong!
Worry not, I'll do the math!
Ash-Greninja's Power at level 2 is 73. A match of 4 is 1.5x that base.
So, 73*1.5=109.5 (rounded down at final damage)
With Po4 it would be 109.5*1.5=164
With Po4+ it would be 109.5*3=328.5
Double those results when Super Effective (219 base, 328 Po4, 657 Po4+)

True, but I don't know, it feels more like an OoS option than a panic button for me... probably because I don't really use Bowser, though. Is it really a good panic button? Unlike Donkey Kong's upB, I feel like it's more punishable, especially in the air - DK's upB goes farther.
Never got around to say this

but your user name is god tier

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I want to know why Greninja's got fixed and not Lucario's.

Like I might actually play Lucario again if I could not risk dying for no reason when I recover.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I want to know why Greninja's got fixed and not Lucario's.

Like I might actually play Lucario again if I could not risk dying for no reason when I recover.
Tbh I'm surprised they even noticed it at all. I think Ness and Lucas also have this problem? Except they get an extra up b on walls iirc? Go figure.

Anyway, it's a really dumb mechanic, and I really wish it would be done away entirely, rather than 'increasing
survivability chance'.

While we're at it, can certain stages stop reversing physics of teleport recoveries?

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Here's some guidelines for a great username:

Don't reference anything especially anime. No abbreviations, numbers, leetspeak, or unnecessary capital letters.

It should be a single word and not multiple or joined words. Tada! Your username isn't embarrassing!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Don't reference anything especially anime.

No abbreviations, numbers, or unnecessary capital letters.

It should be a single word and not multiple or joined words.
SBphiloz4

SB phil loz 4

SmashBros Phil LoZ 4

Super Smash Brothers Philip Legend of Zelda 4

I FAILED

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Some things i forgot about the eventhubs raid:
it was a two day raid
"laughing zelda" was created because of eventhubs
I used to talk more about villager than what i do now, I should probably change this
also holy schist the raid isn't even in the middle of the page count anymore :o

EDIT: are we going to start a "how we ended up with our username thing?"

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Tbh I'm surprised they even noticed it at all. I think Ness and Lucas also have this problem? Except they get an extra up b on walls iirc? Go figure.

Anyway, it's a really dumb mechanic, and I really wish it would be done away entirely, rather than 'increasing
survivability chance'.

While we're at it, can certain stages stop reversing physics of teleport recoveries?
The headbonk actually helps sometimes tbh. It happens sometimes of I missing the ledge when recovering horizontally or even diagonally and the headbonk boosting Greninja up and making him grab the ledge. I think the way it is right now is fine, now I can at least recover horizontally without risking dying instantly.

Also my username is just the first thing that came into my mind (and it was because of Touhou so) and it ended being a surprisingly appropriate username for me.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
My username is obviously because I love cof - *cough*

Actually, my username before I even knew what 'competitive smash' was used to be Silverness. But then I got tired of people assuming I mained Ness, so I sought my old senseis Darkmusician Darkmusician and @MrEh for advice. I almost went with Caffeinated as a username, but this happened instead.

But now I hate it because it's becoming more common and now I have some Sonic main impostor using it ;_;

The end.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My cousin introduced me to some online friends one day, and they called me Ricky because my username was (and still is) cringe worthy. Then she started calling me Ricky irl, then told our other relatives our age to do it, and then her friends, then my friends.

I couldn't fight it so I embraced it. It's now my official nickname irl and I use it for everything that isn't serious. Ricky sounded dumb as a tag so I added a -ster to it. But that caused you gorls and some other SB friends to call me Rick (since Rickster has no "y"), so that's another nickname.

Waiting for it to be shortened again to "Rik", lol.

D

Deleted member

My cousin introduced me to some online friends one day, and they called me Ricky because my username was (and still is) cringe worthy. Then she started calling me Ricky irl, then told our other relatives our age to do it, and then her friends, then my friends.

I couldn't fight it so I embraced it. It's now my official nickname irl and I use it for everything that isn't serious. Ricky sounded dumb as a tag so I added a -ster to it. But that caused you gorls and some other SB friends to call me Rick (since Rickster has no "y"), so that's another nickname.

Waiting for it to be shortened again to "Rik", lol.

AhhhhHHHH I miss the old social so much. It was nice while it lasted.

inb4 this isn't even about the old Brawl social.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

AhhhhHHHH I miss the old social so much. It was nice while it lasted.

inb4 this isn't even about the old Brawl social.
Oh, the part in red was way before SmashBoards. The part where I talk about the -ster is when I came to the forums and met you guys.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
So I thought of a really cool original anime idea and basically it goes the protagonist is a high school orphan kid with a younger sister that has forbidden love for him and everyone at school has pity on him, but eventually he conquers his internal demons and becomes Hokage of the Namekian race.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
My favorite Yugioh card is actually the Fire Princess, but I felt that would be a little misleading. My next favorite card was DarkMagician so yea. I also used to major in moosik.

D

Deleted member

I just now learned I'm apparently in Smash Hell.

Why is this happening to me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A like I got from a post I did like a year ago summoned me here; I feel stalked and flattered at the same time. :denzel:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Watching the remainder of the VGBC Smash 4 Stream from Tuesday, and gonna try and do some more Uni work. And I'm hoping that ArcSys will patch out all of those issues I've listed yesterday, also heard that Ryougi Shiki has an AI bug as well; where she just stands there will only parry. Hopefully all of them get patched. :V

And I see we were talking about our usernames. My username EODM is an acronym or shortened version of what it means. EODM is Employee-Of-Da-Month, I had that username for about over 10 years now; first time I used that name was when I joined one of the art websites back in 2005 (My sister came up with the name "Employee-Of-Da-Month" for me back then). But when I joined YouTube, I decided to shorten it to EODM, but then I found out there was a band called EODM (Eagles of Death Metal) as well, so I added the "07" at the end of it; so I've had the name EODM07 for a long time.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
But now I hate it because it's becoming more common and now I have some Sonic main impostor using it ;_;
All depends on your background, I suppose, in whether Sonic, Zelda, or Greninja can use it better.

Some people might look at your tag and think you're a mysterious kickass cyborg lawyer, with "The Fragrance of Dark-Colored Coffee" slowing jamming around in the background:

Well, that or a kickass Team Leader hiding a surprise in her Gucci handbag.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Funny that I mentioned that bugs and errors that Melty Blood has yesterday. And then ArcSys swoops in and fixes some of them. :yeahboi:

- Added countermeasures to prevent the game from freezing/crashing during Network play.
- Added countermeasures to ease up the matchmaking.
- Fixed issue where the game crashes when the user has a profile name containing certain special characters.
- Fixed issue where rankings after the 30th place do not display properly.
- Fixed issue where the Player Match room names do not scroll properly.
Also, we have taken heed of the following issues and are working our best to fix them in the fastest time possible. We seek for your kind patience.
- Disconnections in Network play.
- Constant "up" input issue for certain controller setups
- Certain computer AI do not perform as expected

Still awaiting for more of the other crashes, such as the Opening Movie crash (Which I've heard can even bluescreen your PC. That's pretty bad...), and the high CPU Usage as well... and the Neco&Mech 22A crash too. :V (And of course give it better online. :V)

Also, quick question girls. Would you recommend the anime KonoSuba? I'm thinking of watching it, since it looks pretty fun.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My username is obviously the best

Mewtwo ...... 2Chainz. Get it? Ahahahahahahaha....

I actually hate 2Chainz' music, but this pun was too good to pass up. Maybe I should have been MewTupac?

My brother said once he gets into competitive smash he'll be Wobufetti Whap.

:150:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Here's some guidelines for a great username:

Don't reference anything especially anime. No abbreviations, numbers, leetspeak, or unnecessary capital letters.

It should be a single word and not multiple or joined words. Tada! Your username isn't embarrassing!
Legit 99% of users will not pass these guidelines.

I think I failed every guideline in 5 characters lmao.

But it makes me wonder then how you chose Alacion? And before that, Aleate? And... I think it was Courier even before that?

Top Bottom