• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Anyway, I'm going to a tournament probably a few minutes from now. Going full Shulk. I think

I may go Zelda if I want to kill myself

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Palutena may have a sassy walk (which I disagree, Zelda's is the best)....

LOOK AT HER CLAPPING ANIMATION

SHE LITERALLY CLAPS LIKE A DYING FISH. NO JOKE.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Theres something really off about that animation...
She's (PaleTuna) repeatedly impaling her chest with her armor. >0>

I guess she gets a little suicidal fishy about losing?

Edit : PLOT TWIST! Just like ZSS's ha breasts are fakers too!

Last edited:
No one knows **** about Charizard so I'm hoping the super armor saves my life. That and rage-Zard

But I'm still aiming to go 100% Shulk.

I'm going now. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
https://youtu.be/vvfESbfqN6o It's at 11:15 but video is being stupid

Mop is trying to be classy but who knows what that clap even is
I'd hardly say Lucy's even trying with a weak, slow clap like that. On the other hand, R.O.B and Mega Man have my personal favorite clapping animations, I don't even know why. Those two just make me chuckle with the way they clap.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Greninja's clap is great

Lucina's probably wouldn't look as awful if her right arm didn't look ready to fall off, why is it so loose

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Well, I guess against another Little Mac, the windbox could gimp him.
I've done this before. I think I pushed him offstage and he reacted too slowly to recover. Unfortunately the windbox doesn't affect airborne foes, it would have more utility if it did.

So I think that Captain Falcon is actually the most toxic character on For Glory. I can be doing fine and be on a winning streak, then I run into few Falcons (and yes, it's usually multiple Falcons from more than one person) and I just think to myself, "here we go again."

His fast run speed and ridiculous dash grab allow him to what I call "speed camp" a lot of the cast. I pick Palutena and I'm really not sure if there's anything I can do that he can't react to with a dash grab because her ground buttons are so slow (without customs anyway). Sonic's dash grab isn't nearly as good and he doesn't get guaranteed followups from a throw like Falcon does with his DThrow so he's not quite as bad (though his throws are overall some of the best in the game).

Lag is also a huge component when fighting Falcon thanks to his crazy mobility, large range, and generally fast attack speed. I feel like it's hard to react to a lot of what he does properly. Then we have his hitboxes. Dear Arceus, his hitboxes. They're not all bad but a few are prime contenders for "jankiest hitbox in the game." His dash grab is pretty ridiculous, but it's not the only one he has. For starters, let's review his rapid jab finisher (gif courtesy of Trifroze):
Sure, its vertical reach is fairly poor and DIing up is a good strategy against it, but it doesn't always work. His dash attack actually has a hitbox appear about a character length in front of him (like Dedede's DTilt but I'm letting that slide because he actually needs it) which lets it beat attacks it has no business beating. His forward smash is probably number one on my "wow did I really get hit by that there is no way it reaches that far" list. Shulk's is number two, but at least the hitbox matches the animation there. I know Falcon leans forward when he uses the move but it still shouldn't reach like it does.

Falcon's kill power seems to have been buffed in this game, which makes fighting him a real chore with light characters. Raptor Boost often nets KOs around 100%, FAir is absolute pain, FSmash is stupid and UAir kills earlier than I feel it should. BAir is also really good.

Falcon can definitely be a flashy character but from what I've seen generally his best strategy on For Glory is really boring and tedious to play against.

...okay my rant's done.

@ Berserker. Berserker. I killed a Vision-happy Shulk last night by baiting his landing Vision into Sun Salutation when I was just out of counter range, then FSmashing him for the kill. I had no regrets. Shulk seems to have three kinds of players:
1. Those who think he's cool but have no idea how to use him
2. Those who are figuring him out but get shieldgrabbed a lot
3. Those who know how to use him and his arts and are really scary to fight (chased by Jump FAirs to the ledge :mad:)

Can someone get Game & Watch's spastic victory animation where he goes upside-down?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I still love Zelda's the most
She's just like "nope, ok, whatever."
She's used to it.

So I think that Captain Falcon is actually the most toxic character on For Glory.
I've felt this way for a long time now. Too much of Falcon's stuff is total BS with input delay in the equation. Hell a lot of his buttons are pretty crazy even without lag (like you mentioned, rapid jab/dash attack/fsmash). But yeah with how quickly he can kill and how quickly he can get in, I never appreciate playing against Falcons online...and he's definitely the character I get matched against the most.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've done this before. I think I pushed him offstage and he reacted too slowly to recover. Unfortunately the windbox doesn't affect airborne foes, it would have more utility if it did.

So I think that Captain Falcon is actually the most toxic character on For Glory. I can be doing fine and be on a winning streak, then I run into few Falcons (and yes, it's usually multiple Falcons from more than one person) and I just think to myself, "here we go again."

His fast run speed and ridiculous dash grab allow him to what I call "speed camp" a lot of the cast. I pick Palutena and I'm really not sure if there's anything I can do that he can't react to with a dash grab because her ground buttons are so slow (without customs anyway). Sonic's dash grab isn't nearly as good and he doesn't get guaranteed followups from a throw like Falcon does with his DThrow so he's not quite as bad (though his throws are overall some of the best in the game).

Lag is also a huge component when fighting Falcon thanks to his crazy mobility, large range, and generally fast attack speed. I feel like it's hard to react to a lot of what he does properly. Then we have his hitboxes. Dear Arceus, his hitboxes. They're not all bad but a few are prime contenders for "jankiest hitbox in the game." His dash grab is pretty ridiculous, but it's not the only one he has. For starters, let's review his rapid jab finisher (gif courtesy of Trifroze):
Sure, its vertical reach is fairly poor and DIing up is a good strategy against it, but it doesn't always work. His dash attack actually has a hitbox appear about a character length in front of him (like Dedede's DTilt but I'm letting that slide because he actually needs it) which lets it beat attacks it has no business beating. His forward smash is probably number one on my "wow did I really get hit by that there is no way it reaches that far" list. Shulk's is number two, but at least the hitbox matches the animation there. I know Falcon leans forward when he uses the move but it still shouldn't reach like it does.

Falcon's kill power seems to have been buffed in this game, which makes fighting him a real chore with light characters. Raptor Boost often nets KOs around 100%, FAir is absolute pain, FSmash is stupid and UAir kills earlier than I feel it should. BAir is also really good.

Falcon can definitely be a flashy character but from what I've seen generally his best strategy on For Glory is really boring and tedious to play against.

...okay my rant's done.

@ Berserker. Berserker. I killed a Vision-happy Shulk last night by baiting his landing Vision into Sun Salutation when I was just out of counter range, then FSmashing him for the kill. I had no regrets. Shulk seems to have three kinds of players:
1. Those who think he's cool but have no idea how to use him
2. Those who are figuring him out but get shieldgrabbed a lot
3. Those who know how to use him and his arts and are really scary to fight (chased by Jump FAirs to the ledge :mad:)

Can someone get Game & Watch's spastic victory animation where he goes upside-down?
Falcon happens to be my favorite character to fight (:4link: main over here), I can't remember the last time I lost to one on FG actually.

But agreed, his wonky hitboxes are annoying AF to deal with.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I tried to start a Let's Play today but...

... Man I sound really awkward speaking in English and my accent really shows. I really need to practice speaking in English.

This also means I'm likely never going to do commentary over my Smash videos =P

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Falcon happens to be my favorite character to fight (:4link: main over here), I can't remember the last time I lost to one on FG actually.

But agreed, his wonky hitboxes are annoying AF to deal with.
Yeah from what I can tell his two greatest difficulties are consistent projectiles and large disjoints. Link has both, although I can imagine you have to be careful about being grabbed. Game & Watch isn't awful but outside of disjoints Falcon matches or beats him in range which sucks. He's also a lot stronger than Game & Watch. Dedede is pretty good; he gets juggled horribly but Gordos are surprisingly good at slowing the Captain down and Dedede's disjoints are great. I hate the Villager MU though, you're probably going to get dash grabbed a lot. He can just dash attack past Lloid too. NAir is your best friend here. I don't care if you hate Timber Counter, I'll be picking it against Falcon to force him off the ground (or at least into committing to Falcon Kick).

I hear Little Mac beats Falcon on a truly competitive plane but on For Glory Mac just gets wrecked (or at least mine does :p). Mac has to be so precise to avoid getting grabbed, juggled, and gimped, and lag just kills any chance of precision.

I really have no idea what Falcon hates offline on stages that aren't Final Destination.

@ FullMoon FullMoon what's your capture setup? I've been wanting to get uploading/streaming equipment for a while now but don't know what to get.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Exdeath is bae. He's the stupidest troll derp villain ever.

"Prepare your-- MUAHEHE!!"
Not many people will get this, but I remember when Exdeath uses Delta Attack it sounds like he says:
"GET THE FRUIT JUICE"

Damn him.
Exdeath, Ultimecia and Sephiroth were the top tier trifecta of Duodecim lol.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Warning Received
I have a tourney tomorrow & I've haven't been playing too much Smash lately GG me
Are you me?

The commentators on TourneyLocator said Palutena's walk is the sassiest in the game. Discuss. :p
WHAT?! HOW DIIID THEY NOT CONSULT MY TIER LIST?!?!

Walking Animatiom Tier List (Sassiness Edition):
High Tier: :4zelda:

Mid Tier:

Low Tier:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Can you intercept spacies Side B anymore? I played in a small tourney tonight against a Fox that kept going through my Fsmash as Zelda, so I resorted to just catching the end of it.

I remember in Brawl when I could easily intercept it with Fsmash and Nayru's.

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
ummm trolling is against the Terms and Rules and I'm preeetty sure walking as Zelda during a tournament match is trolling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom