• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I was fighting a Yoshi who would full jump and then double jump back to the corner of the stage. It was annoying but I managed to get some nairs to connect. The downside is that no one is hurting one another and one game went to sudden death.
Also I never heard of tomahawking before today.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Is Diddy the new FG Little Mac?

Like 3 players I've fought have switched to Diddy after their first loss. One immediately left after his Diddy fared even worst than his DK against my Zelda.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
1% heals be op.lol

I think my problem when I switch to Wii fit, is I forget how small the hitboxes are and I'm spacing like I'm Zelda lol. I become wiff fit trainer.

I enjoy roll glory Diddy....not really. He's basically yoshi with bananas and no longer fun to fight. Its all buttons.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
WFT is good when

You lay yourself on them

Spam NAir

Put your foot in them

Then land cancel it

It has no landing lag

Then touch them.

Just put youself in your opponent

Or just camp them

It works better

Cuz her hit-boxes

are her hurt-boxes.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
WFT has hit boxes?
no joke though I think WFT is one of the worst in the game

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
WFT's Deep Breathing heals 4% I think. Their healing should be buffed in the next patch so they can have a gimmick that's actually significant. It probably won't be though.

Is there something OTHER than Farore's Wind? Something less risky? :/
But risk is Zelda!

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
WFT's Deep Breathing heals 4% I think.
3% the very first use on a stock, and then 2% the next time, and I THINK 1% the next time or a couple later. It doesn't regenerate AFAIK until she loses a stock.

Dat 1% from full charged SS tho. Just run away and charge that all day~

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Isn't Back Air slightly laggier than Forward Air now? What about Forward Air out of shield from aerial approaches in front of us? Not reliable I know, as @ ZombieBran ZombieBran pointed out, using Zelda is already a risk. I just like to think that we can have at least one... somewhat safe option. Now I feel like testing a whole bunch of OoS options when I get the chance...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Isn't Back Air slightly laggier than Forward Air now? What about Forward Air out of shield from aerial approaches in front of us? Not reliable I know, as @ ZombieBran ZombieBran pointed out, using Zelda is already a risk. I just like to think that we can have at least one... somewhat safe option. Now I feel like testing a whole bunch of OoS options when I get the chance...
Doing a FAir instantly out of a FH is a YOLO way to attack someone in a specific area right about and in front of Zelda.

I once went and watched a rondom Fo' glory of Zelda where she would do that repeatedly. It actually worked a few times lol.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
I want Palutena's F-air. =(
Really hating lightning kicks in this game.

Also, I still think WFT is high tier tbh. Haha.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Man, if we had Palutena like kicks...I could love the LK again.
I sometimes wonder if they'll ever be like they were in Melee again...that 3 (?) frame sweet spot window sounds so good right now.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Awesome gif lol. And I can't stop playing Dragon Age Inquisition when I have free time sooo...

As for who to romance, remember some are gender and/or race locked. I started out as a female elven archer (just to be a bit DIFFERENT from always starting as a mage all the time). If you started out as a female elf of any kind, remember that Solas is like the pickiest companion when it comes to romance, so he'll ONLY romance female elves.

How do you feel about some of the companions being gender/race locked? I have mixed opinions about it. I like that Bioware is being more 'open-minded' but I don't like that they're trying to shove sexuality down your throat in some circumstances.

Oh and how far are you in the game? There are some hilarious moments with Cassandra, Varric, and Iron Bull

*Edit* HOW THE EFFS DID I MISS SO MANY PAGES OF POST? Guess that's what DAI does to you...
Idk I think it's more realistic.
Irl you cant just date or hook up with anyone you want, but I guess some people are upset not being able to romance whoever they want as any gender.

I'm trying to upgrade Skyhold and explore new areas but all the baddies end up being lvl 12 when I'm only lvl 10(for those that dont know this is more like a 20 lvl difference in dragon age).
I don't like how you cant make your tactics the same way you could in the other 2 games :/.
And why did they remove any sort of healing magic??

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Irl you cant just date or hook up with anyone you want, but I guess some people are upset not being able to romance whoever they want as any gender.

I'm trying to upgrade Skyhold and explore new areas but all the baddies end up being lvl 12 when I'm only lvl 10(for those that dont know this is more like a 20 lvl difference in dragon age).
I don't like how you cant make your tactics the same way you could in the other 2 games :/.
Just make everyone romanceable with anyone then lol. It's w/e though, at least there are more options. I think I'm at level 12 too or a little higher iirc, but I've been doing mostly side quests and exploring, so the main story has been progressing very slowly so far. What class/race did you start out as?

Yeah tactics is... weird this time around. I barely feel like I have any options to set the tactics to, other than like what, "attack" and "drink potion?" I'm hoping that some more tactic options will be available as I get further in the game, but idk if that's the case. To make full use of the tactics, I would have to micro-manage every party member in slow motion, and ehhh. Honestly, I feel like they've simplified the tactics for people who don't want to bother with it. It's both a good and bad thing, but I wish we had a bit more control over them like in the past titles.

As far as mages being able to heal, I have yet to see any talent in healing yet. I don't know why they removed healing, or at least, made it more obscure to obtain if possible. I did find out however, that every companion has a unique talent tree. It's possible that Vivienne, Solas, or Dorian might have a healing talent or two (I think Vivienne might actually, gotta double check when I get home).

If you have any rogue with you, unlock Stealth as soon as possible. Enemies will usually ignore you entirely, so you can use it as an escape. Run away far enough from your enemies, and your team members will be healed. Though with less health probably if they've gone down. Like I don't know how injuries work in this game yet.

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Just make everyone romanceable with anyone then lol. It's w/e though, at least there are more options. I think I'm at level 12 too or a little higher iirc, but I've been doing mostly side quests and exploring, so the main story has been progressing very slowly so far. What class/race did you start out as?

Yeah tactics is... weird this time around. I barely feel like I have any options to set the tactics to, other than like what, "attack" and "drink potion?" I'm hoping that some more tactic options will be available as I get further in the game, but idk if that's the case. To make full use of the tactics, I would have to micro-manage every party member in slow motion, and ehhh. Honestly, I feel like they've simplified the tactics for people who don't want to bother with it. It's both a good and bad thing, but I wish we had a bit more control over them like in the past titles.

As far as mages being able to heal, I have yet to see any talent in healing yet. I don't know why they removed healing, or at least, made it more obscure to obtain if possible. I did find out however, that every companion has a unique talent tree. It's possible that Vivienne, Solas, or Dorian might have a healing talent or two (I think Vivienne might actually, gotta double check when I get home).

If you have any rogue with you, unlock Stealth as soon as possible. Enemies will usually ignore you entirely, so you can use it as an escape. Run away far enough from your enemies, and your team members will be healed. Though with less health probably if they've gone down. Like I don't know how injuries work in this game yet.

I think Vivienne has a focus ability(isn't that what they're called?) that basically the same thing as Wynne's from DA:O.
I honestly dont even understand what her specialization is, like a tanky mage I guess?
I've gotten more used to the tactical view but it feels mega slow having to issue each command individually.

I went human male rogue because I was messing around with the character creator and all the hair looked awful and shiny because I'm on Xbox 360.
I dunno who I'll make on my 2nd playthrough, but I want to do it on ps4 so the game looks 10x better.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Whaaaaaaaat. That's disappointing...

Oh, and how is it on the 360 as far as graphics/performance and bugs? I might get that version so I don't have to wait like a year.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 Yeah now that you mention it, I do think Vivienne has some kind of Focus ability that's possibly relevant to healing. I haven't used many of these... Focus abilities yet, since I kinda recently acquired them. Vivienne's tree reminds me a little bit of the Arcane Warrior tree in DAO. Dorian's tree is kinda neat cause he can reanimate the dead and have them fight for you. The only annoying thing about it is if you want their loot, they'll sometimes run away, or not drop loot.

I don't really bother commanding everyone one by one in the slow view, unless I'm fighting a super tough boss. The game is actually feeling easier than before... already fought at least 2 dragons, and with a particular team I bring, they've yet to go down. The mage's 'barrier' ability is amazing. That thing basically just eats up damage for you for awhile. Guess that's the trade-off for having less access to healing?

My favorite team so far (for combat) has been Cassandra (this woman friggin never dies when you put a whole bunch of stuff into her sword and shield tree and stuff omg), Solas, and Vivienne. Two mages because barrier spamming is OP. Though when I try this game again in Nightmare difficulty, I'll probably have to opt for more strict control over the crowd.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Whaaaaaaaat. That's disappointing...

Oh, and how is it on the 360 as far as graphics/performance and bugs? I might get that version so I don't have to wait like a year.
This is probably one of the most glitchy/buggy games I've played other than Tales of the Abyss.
I've had exit and re-load my saves on 3 separate occasions because the game wouldn't let me advance, sometimes people die in combat and I can't revive them, when Iron Bull uses Charging Bull in the tactical menu I can't switch to anyone else unless I close it out and re open it(which can **** up my tactics), sometimes the characters speak in gibberish and I can't understand what they're saying and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I always use everyone in this game, but it's not surprising double mage is still OP, mages have always been super good, esp in DA:O.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Let's have a moment of silence for those poor souls who tried to play PS3 Skyrim on release.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Would OoS -> Jump -> Nayru's Love be okay, or is this just more gimmicky stuff? I haven't tested this personally, but I guess it could work on For Glory players, haha.

Other than that, I really only see FW as the only other option-- ; w ;

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Talking about Zelda's competitive viability gets really depressing sometimes.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Talking about Zelda's competitive viability gets really depressing sometimes.
its fine

we can land trap people with dins fire!

and firore's wind kills at like, 10%!

Serious note, who would be interested in a video on DI in Smash 4?

Top Bottom