• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Aero why
Another player who now knows the Zelda matchup.
At this rate even For Glory won't be a free win zone.

All lines of this post start with A. That's neat and poetic.
I am so sorry
I have exposed her weakness
To the Smash Bros world.

-Haiku-
At this rate we'll be winning more poetry competitions than tournaments with Zelda.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The title of this thread is true!

And CPUs like to hold shield against approaching Din's only to let go as soon as you detonate it, which often ends in their untimely demise. Why they do this is a mystery.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Done for the day. Good games Rion. The input lag started to get really bad in the later matches so I had to call it quits. Besides, it's 2 am. Any tips for me? I suck really badly when it comes to punishing.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Done for the day. Good games Rion. The input lag started to get really bad in the later matches so I had to call it quits. Besides, it's 2 am. Any tips for me? I suck really badly when it comes to punishing.
Ah really? I thought it was pretty good throughout actually input wise... except for the like, actual lag stutters every so often. It was a bit better near the beginning!

Honestly, I thought you were doing really well! Against some other characters, you seemed to know how to pressure pretty well!

Obviously Dedede was the best one vs Zelda. God, that Ftilt is seriously a pain in the arse. And the free Dthrow followups and what not, ahh. It was pretty easy for you to wrack up damage on me with DDD! I don't think I've ever had to deal with so much shield pressure before either, good lord. So much shield damage...

Also I should really stop SDing with FW, lol~

It was fun though! I'm not really sure what else to really tell you, I think you have a better understanding of what to do than I do, haha.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
So like when Mr Game and watch uses bucket on dins it gives 2 stacks for bucket instead of one. :c

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't think Gravitational Pull stops Din's... so it's great against Luma? I guess it also means that first Din's against Rosalina will work.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
My guess is the sourspot and sweetspot count as individual projectiles? Man that's just silly though.
That's because Din's is a terrifyingly powerful projectile, please understand.
@ Rion Rion my post is actually right even though it's dripping in sarcasm. I believe the logic is that very strong projectiles can count for more than one bucket thing. Or so I recall.

So I was right, but why does it not feel good =(
you forgot

the 0.7% buff to utilt

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
you forgot

the 0.7% buff to utilt
Yes how silly of me.

But I don't even count that fully because at the Best Buy demo and e3 Utilt did 7%ish
It was like they arbitrarily nerfed it before release and then unnerfed it.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Why are there so many Zelda guides all of sudden?

Wrote one before it was cool :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ Alacion Alacion Yes, there are quite a few guides, but better something than nothing for a start. I'm surprised this character board even has a guide at all tbh.
Actually I'm pretty impressed at the activity in here. Never would have guessed this character of all people would be more active than say the Diddy board.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My personal guide to using Zelda:

Don't get led astray
As pretty as a bouquet
She leads to trap way

-Haiku-

But seriously though, you need more than just dedication to actually main Zelda in this game. >u>

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Need a hitbox pro like @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer .

Does Zelda's dsmash hit below the floor, like Fox's against somebody on the ledge? If so, this could be game changing if you use it after a ledge trump. The angle is fantastic also.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Actually I'm pretty impressed at the activity in here. Never would have guessed this character of all people would be more active than say the Diddy board.
seems like the same half dozen people commenting to me, but i woves all of youz

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Need a hitbox pro like @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer .

Does Zelda's dsmash hit below the floor, like Fox's against somebody on the ledge? If so, this could be game changing if you use it after a ledge trump. The angle is fantastic also.
I think I might be able to provide an answer here:

According to the master core, Zelda's Dtilt has a hit-box size of 3.6, and a vertical displacement from roughly the floor (Her sweeping foot) of 3.

Dsmash has the same vertical displacement from exactly the ground (as it's not attached to her foot for whatever reason.) and it has a hit-box size of 4.2.

If Dtilt truly hits underneath the z axis at all, then Dsmash SHOULD do that even better.

The only problem for usefulness is that Dtilt hits for 7 frames, while Dsmash only hits for 2 in front... :urg:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ BJN39 BJN39 Against fast fallers, I'd like to think getting back on stage after a ledge trump isn't the easiest? This was all inspired by a ledge trump to Luigi down taunt I pulled off.

I guess what really matters is if dsmash hits an opponent on the ledge. Frames aren't too important. Some smashes, like Palutena's, won't work I believe. Still, I'm not hugely convinced any of this would work but it's just some thoughts I had.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah this is definitely not guaranteed but something to keep in mind in the ledge game.

Ledge trump to bair is definitely a thing too.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Y'know, ledge trump options got me thinking, could we not possibly use Farore's windfall after a ledge trump and get a nice spike gimp? (IE, ledge trump > jump back > FWindfall > and recover since you can move after aerial reappear so soon.) I mean, obviously it's more gimmicky than an already effective enough FW elevator, but hey? Perhaps it has another possible use.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
ledge trump windfall profits....idk. It seems like a HUGE gimmick to risk unless we can guarantee it through some testing. Stealing one stock for the wow factor might make it all worth it though

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Random fun fact:

Of all SSB4's veterans

Zelda's social has the highest post total

Of any social thread,

Or even just character sub-forum threads for vets in general.

ALL HAIL ZELDA!

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
People just like zelda that much. Ya know If they give dins fire a traveling hitbox and her brawl Usmash back. I will never complain ever again

Top Bottom