• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I wouldn't mind a video of it, Aero. c:

I think a few of the other character forums around here have been talking about stage viability for their particular character, so I think we should too. So it looks like to outsiders that we are kiiiiiinda actually doing something here. XD

Personally, I find that platforms hurt her gameplan more in this game. Back in Brawl, at least we have Uair shenanigans that can kill at 70%. We also really needed platforms to get around the campy cast of characters in the game. Now, it feels like by going to places like Battlefield, you hinder your own abilities to use that really weird Farore's Wind, and give your opponent better mobility options to further run around you in circles. I don't know about you guys, but other than if I was facing a Little Mac opponent, I would never want to go on Battlefield anymore.

And Lylat Cruise is still depressing too. =cccc

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
That reminds me of Brawl Minus. Zelda's so good there. They nerfed her in the last version I downloaded just because people did not like playing against her =(

A recurring theme with mods, because slow characters are not allowed to be good.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
This is probably one of the most glitchy/buggy games I've played other than Tales of the Abyss.
I've had exit and re-load my saves on 3 separate occasions because the game wouldn't let me advance, sometimes people die in combat and I can't revive them, when Iron Bull uses Charging Bull in the tactical menu I can't switch to anyone else unless I close it out and re open it(which can **** up my tactics), sometimes the characters speak in gibberish and I can't understand what they're saying and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I always use everyone in this game, but it's not surprising double mage is still OP, mages have always been super good, esp in DA:O.
Ew, that sounds nasty. I think I'll just wait for a new console or a patch, haha. Thanks.

Oh, and I agree about Battlefield. I've SD's so many times because of those platforms messing with Farore's. But...on the other hand they open up some more options for us. And if we can find the right spots, ledge canceling would be great there. Oh, and the last hit of Usmash goes through the platform. You might catch someone dropping their shield thinking they're safe. Utilt goes through too.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Ya know I'm just happy that nairo pushed the character pretty far. Of course she's isn't used as much as he used to use her but she's still a secondary he brings out.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The Tuna sees you and she smites you

Is it bad I'm already praying for "Balanced Smash 4"?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Congrats on a pretty good showing with Palutena, Fuujin! cc:

*continues to play Zelda*

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Hiya.

Good News! I lost to a Zelda in the most recent tournament I participated in. 2-0 even.
Her spacing and crazy everywhere-at-once playstyle really messed with my Dedes, and I realized I have really never played a good Zelda before.

So, my question to you kind Zelda users is this:
Would anyone like to be a practice partner for a DDD main on the 3DS version? I need the experience.

PM if interested. Much appreciated!!

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Mocha what about Dair OoS? Perhaps the startup is a tad slow but the hitbox I super meaty and I think it'll be good for traded when we are lower percentages and it sweetspots.

Ftilt might be good too.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I was testing Fsmash's kill percents against Zamus in training and I noticed that she falls out of it a whole lot. Half or more of the time she fell out before the final hit. I guess it has to do with her hurtboxes or something?

It just made me sad(der)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's because she's floaty, floaty characters have an easier time... randomly falling out than others.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm so bad with Palutena. Dedede aside, I haven't found another character that I'm really solid with. Well, Zelda aside too I guess. Pally is a lot of fun though. Especially against heavyweight characters.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I'm trying Fsmash against Jigglypuff and it's having a far better success rate. Is that because, while uber floaty, Jigglypuff is also round so is less likely to fall out? Or is random being random?

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Hiya.

Good News! I lost to a Zelda in the most recent tournament I participated in. 2-0 even.
Her spacing and crazy everywhere-at-once playstyle really messed with my Dedes, and I realized I have really never played a good Zelda before.

So, my question to you kind Zelda users is this:
Would anyone like to be a practice partner for a DDD main on the 3DS version? I need the experience.

PM if interested. Much appreciated!!
Now cyst how is you being bad at the game good news for the Zelda's?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh owie my self-esteem

I just figured the players of Zelda would be happy another Zelda succeeded, das all.
it's ok you've come to the right place

All you have to do

is shield

and you win

I'm not even kidding, shield and punish whatever she does to your shield, if she starts grabbing, spotdodge occasionally

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
fsmash just needs its suction box fixed. Because I've never had it wiff on jiggly or zamus, but have had samus, Diddy, and Mario randomly pop out.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
what if fsmash is like

brawl usmash

where certain weights were impossible to get it all off on?

I believe Marf, IC's and Samus were the main ones.

Marth had his weight buffed so I doubt it happens to him, but Samus' stayed the same...

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
fsmash just needs its suction box fixed. Because I've never had it wiff on ... zamus
Teach me your ways because I am having strings where it it whiffs more consistently than it hits.

This is on the CPU training dummy, btw. Just standing there with no input. Maddening that this still happens after three games.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'll play! I'm supposed to be beating A Link Between Worlds though. Gimme about 10-15 minutes and I'll be online if you aren't already playing with somebody else. NNID is alphatron.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
it's ok you've come to the right place

All you have to do

is shield

and you win

I'm not even kidding, shield and punish whatever she does to your shield, if she starts grabbing, spotdodge occasionally
Aero why
Another player who now knows the Zelda matchup.
At this rate even For Glory won't be a free win zone.

All lines of this post start with A. That's neat and poetic.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
@ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 ! Play me with with your Palutena.

Our destined non-laggy rematch awaits!

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I have a date with the bae final-exam-chan, Rion.

.... ; w ;

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Aero why
Another player who now knows the Zelda matchup.
At this rate even For Glory won't be a free win zone.

All lines of this post start with A. That's neat and poetic.
I am so sorry
I have exposed her weakness
To the Smash Bros world.

-Haiku-

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Teach me your ways because I am having strings where it it whiffs more consistently than it hits.

This is on the CPU training dummy, btw. Just standing there with no input. Maddening that this still happens after three games.
I find CPUs fall out way more than actual human players. In truth, I have only had human players fall out about 5ish times so far (ZSS once and a Rosalina twice in a row, that I recall). I don't know if it is because human players are doing some kind of button inputs that are only making things worse for them, trapping them for all the hits, but this has been my experience.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I'll play! I'm supposed to be beating A Link Between Worlds though. Gimme about 10-15 minutes and I'll be online if you aren't already playing with somebody else. NNID is alphatron.
Certainly! Let me boot up the ol' Smash system.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I find CPUs fall out way more than actual human players. In truth, I have only had human players fall out about 5ish times so far (ZSS once and a Rosalina twice in a row, that I recall). I don't know if it is because human players are doing some kind of button inputs that are only making things worse for them, trapping them for all the hits, but this has been my experience.
I was fighting a human Zamus offline for quite a number of matches and they fell out 3 maybe 4 times but I didn't Fsmash all that often anyway (precisely because people fall out, shockingly!) so I thought the failure rate was pretty ridiculous. That made me go to training and discover that this faster-than-a-bloody-ninja bounty hunter is ridiculously safe from Fsmash.

Top Bottom