• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I fought someone who exclusively used Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Greninja today. It was the worst thing. I was this close to giving up on Zelda. But I won't!

I hear Yoshi's dair is godly in Master Fortress.
Probably. It does like 5000% damage

Oh, for that bull**** 9.0 classic challenge I've only managed to do it with Zelda and turtle-Dorf so far (piile a bunch of defense equipment on Ganondorf and Usmash everything)

Zelda has it comparatively easy with OP equips. Kicks take huge chunks of Master Core's HP and Din's deals with most enemies in Fortress.

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
My god, been a ton of posts since I was here last.

So using Zelda makes me sad. A lot. Already been leaning on Sheik more but I've literally put oodles and oodles of work into her trying to figure out if there's anything that makes things better. Kick lag is just the worst ever. WAH.

I play against fast characters and genuinely feel that if they hold forward and don't think, Zelda loses bad. Need me some Thursday to do some more exploring.

I also finally own the game as well. NNID: ScaryLB59

I tell myself she really can't be this bad but damn!! Lol.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I played for glory and I won all but 2 matches. Feels good to win with Zelda.
Also I tried punishing Rosalina's dash attack with a down smash and my down smash whiffed.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I fought a Marth and died to an uncharged tippered Fsmash at 44% pre-hit. And people say this character is bad lol.

So he outranges us, outkills us, outspeeds us. What do we do better? Recover????

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Marth's looking worse than the behemoth he was for the decade before Sm4sh. People are just unused to a Marth not being a dominating character.

Just looked at the weight rankings. Wow, Zelda is heavier than Little Mac. Guess all that waifu jewelry > muscle mass.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It's the same with Falco and (incredulously) Fox. Both seem obviously good as characters to me and yet their old mains decry them. Whereas with Zelda I feel we were too quick to say she was directly buffed from Brawl.

Seriously like someone said (I forgot sorry!), this being Smash 4 saves Zelda. I still think she's the worst (or somewhere in bottom 3) but the removal of many Brawl shenanigans and Smash 4's physics is a bigger buff than any Zelda's nerfs.

Much like Melee to Brawl, except in the opposite direction.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Going to a tournament that starts in like an hour and a half.

http://www.twitch.tv/stlbarwarz/profile

Idk if this is the right link or not, I dont know how this site works.

Not using Zelda but posting it just to show why SlayUTena is better than her.

Mocha Ill reply to your post later, I gtg lol
Aw missed it. What time do you start playing and which video?

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Just a case of us being optimistic. We felt as though Zelda had nowhere to go but up, and Fox/Falco mains from Melee saw that they had nowhere to go but down.

In terms of playability, she most definitely feels a lot better than Brawl Zelda, probably because of the Sm4sh's physics as you said (though FW's improved ledge snapping makes the greater difference for me). I think most character mains (aside from Meta Knight and Marth mains who noticed big nerfs immediately at E3 2014) felt as though their characters had been buffed. Word quickly got around that Link, Yoshi, Diddy, Pit, and Mario among others had gotten some real buffs (let's ignore the Bowser hype Sakurai kept feeding) and that wave of optimism carried over to all characters.

Within the context of tiers, sadly she's fallen to the darkest of depths once more.

What's even worse is that initial optimism that surrounded her viability in Brawl (which lasted for a solid year after Brawl's release) is completely nonexistent here. Not even a month into the Wii U's release, and people know that she's terrible. The glimmer of hope we have left is balance patches, and even that remains just that-a glimmer.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I'm pretty sure not every Zelda was like "omg she's the worst ever" weeks before the game came out for Brawl.

But really, it's a bad sign if even Ed says Zelda is bad.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well I'm pretty sure not every Zelda was like "omg she's the worst ever" weeks before the game came out for Brawl.

But really, it's a bad sign if even Ed says Zelda is bad.
I can confirm it

I can also confirm that I said very early that she was terrible.

Let me go find this.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I did say she was pretty bad when the demo was available at Best Buy. Told the world Din's still sucked ;)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well I did say she was pretty bad when the demo was available at Best Buy. Told the world Din's still sucked ;)
BUT YOU CAN LAND TRAP PEOPLE

Yeahed it. Well done.

Also dafuq is Shulk doing there.

Who did you do it with, and what equipment/customs?
ty

also idk

also I did it with Boozer cute

Equipment was Gold Claws, Auto Healer Claws and a Diamond Shell which gave me like... 110 attack, -10 def and -40 speed or something

I used the dash claw custom to clear the mii fighters

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I had to use equipment'd Bowser in the 3ds version. Will try to unlock stuff after finals.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
^You could be right with that. I don't think she's popular enough for new players to use her, so that just leaves the good players. Maybe THAT'S why Sakurai thinks she's "good".

Oh and I am guilty of having optimism for Zelda pre-release. And post-release. But it's starting to fade away now...

I...I've been enlightened.

Edit: @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Nice title.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
^Welcome to the land of the forgotten.

I just played against a very very spammy Bowser Jr in FG. He wasn't bad, but he has a bit of a gimmick character. Basically only spammed projectles and side B. It was an annoying battle that reminded me a lot of Brawl fights against Snakes and the like. For once I was glad Brawl was over :'D, I dunno who said it earlier, but even though she's like 100% worse than she was in Brawl, the new game mechanics do help Zelda quite a bit. Seriously, if it had been Brawl, the Jrs would have been impossible to fight. Beat him with the elevator in the end too.

I don't wanna think of Diddy or Olimar, doe.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Olimar's gonna be high tier. Zelda is a fantastic casual character at least.

There's that method of Villager to wreck target blast... maybe somebody can figure out Zelda's.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Olimar's gonna be high tier. Zelda is a fantastic casual character at least.

There's that method of Villager to wreck target blast... maybe somebody can figure out Zelda's.
So I was going to go do Target Blast and make a gfy to show you how to do it with Zelda

and then this happened.

I think Zelda has more problems in Target Blast than fsmash.

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yo, Target blast, Zelda is a monster. All you gotta do is SH Dair over and over. After that, good Ol' kick to finish it up. I think I could get close to 120+ damage if I wanted to.

Yea, I'm really concerned for Zelda as far as tournament play in this game. I feel personally that I have to turtle people even harder than I did in brawl and man I was a power shielding turtle that lived forever in that game. Is it safe to say that our momentum cancel from Brawl with Nayru's is buried?

@ Alacion Alacion
Dude, Myran buried me the few times I went Zelda/Ollmar. In brawl, we at least had a reliable gimmick to deal with the Pikmin which was single hit Nairs to clear them from us without killing them so he couldn't just pluck more freely. I felt like he was at least manageable with that. In this new rendition, that don't work. Clearing the pikmin literally seems arbitrary as far as which moves works since it appears they latch onto different areas. Nair, rarely gets the job done for me and using Nayru's plays into his hands directly. I found it a credit to take him to last stock but that's about it. At least was able to eliminate him from the tourney with Sheik, so I got some semblance of revenge lol. I'm going to put some effort into exploring her more come Wed/Thurs. I refuse to set her aside, even though she is losing some time to Sheik.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
scary, just pocket her for bad players imo, that's what im doing mostly
That's seriously what I plan to do.

Zelda and Sheik are seriously on different ends of the spectrum. The pull from Sheik is just too strong!

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yo, Target blast, Zelda is a monster. All you gotta do is SH Dair over and over. After that, good Ol' kick to finish it up. I think I could get close to 120+ damage if I wanted to.
Nah, you're overthinking it. Just got 754810 with fully charged downB>fully charge fsmash after bomb ticks off 7.

Less damage, more precision!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh, also, she still seems kinda ok in doubles, triples, 4 vs 4.

Me and some friends had a beastly teamcomp of Ness stock tank, Little Mac front line, Megaman and Zelda disruptor/support.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ed will probably be the only Sheik I can respect. The rest are all bandwagoners >:[

Would like to see how effective Din's will be in doubles. Was godly in Brawl doubles.

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
scary, just pocket her for bad players imo, that's what im doing mostly
That's seriously what I plan to do.

Zelda and Sheik are seriously on different ends of the spectrum. The pull from Sheik is just too strong!
Literally will likely do something similar but I want to still take names with her. My pride won't allow me to settle for anything less.

It's strange but I want and need to get my Zelda to where my Sheik is in this game big time since I've already seen plenty instances where I'm outspeeding myself with Sheik and getting myself angry with input errors and all sorts of stuff. Perfect example was when I played Xaltis. Inputs errors and mistakes galore leading to a 2 stock loss but going Zelda took a game and nearly the set, if it weren't for the bounce of the ledge nonsense with the recovery. In brawl my Zelda was consistently better than my Sheik except when playing at peak performance. Hopefully I can achieve the same once more with a little more consistency for the both.

Ed will probably be the only Sheik I can respect. The rest are all bandwagoners >:[

Would like to see how effective Din's will be in doubles. Was godly in Brawl doubles.
YAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Doubles will be interesting for sure. I certainly wanna see how she fares there.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I see ya lurking @ Myran Myran ......why you bury my princess so bad?!?!

We definitely will get some online stuff and more offline stuff in the future. I've just been swamped.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Wow, congrats on that Black Friday deal! That's definitely a steal. Good to hear that you're not having any issues with it.
Yes, I've been hearing how open it is. Nice to see it taking some tips out of The Elder Scrolls' book. Those are amazing too. Is the crafting still like Origins? I don't remember how it was in II. O found the crafting kinda annoying, since I had to put so many skill points into it to get good stuff.
I never really used the tactics that much, outside of really annoying boss fights
Broodmother O_O
And finally, MOUNTS! I've wanted this for so long.
Thanks for giving me the rundown without spoiling anything! And don't let me restrict you guys talking about it.
Sorry for late response. In class lol.
Thanks! Yeah I'm glad I went to go hunt for good deals that day... I honestly didn't think there'd be any left lol. Now I just hope I'll end up buying lmore than 2 games for ONE console <.< cause the only ones that I'm interested in so far for the XB1 is Dragon Age Inquisition and Elder Scrolls Online (when it comes out). And yes, huge Elder Scrolls fan here too <3

No, crafting is a bit different this time around. You can add... parts to your weapons and armors. Like adding an enhanced grip to your bow, enhanced hilt to your sword, and like... idk, some kind of plate for your armor greaves, etc. It can get tedious after awhile if you're OCD like me and visit the smithy every time you and your companions level up. Crafting for yourself is one thing, but crating yourself AND your companions all the time will start to drive you nuts. Like I said though, you're not really required to do it. Doing so just makes you feel better when you have dragons breathing down your neck, or other tricky bosses.

It looks like you can get different mounts too, other than just a horse. So far I have a horse, and uhm... how do I put this? The other horse is la cross-breed between a horse and a dragon. Which is really weird to think about lol. But yeah, there's more mounts to unlock.

Some days I'll think "Wow! I think I'm getting the hang of this 'Zelda' thing," and other days I'll wallow in sadness and self pity while drowning in my own tears after FWing off of the stage.
Nice user name, sis.

mocha! Were supposed to love Zeldas cauldrons, she can have them hacked out unlike peach, who doesn't have real shoulders. I love Zeldas emotionless walk of confidence more than her derpy run of urgency. Puts the fear into people because she's unhurried
Well I suppose she doesn't have stick arms/shoulders like Peach does, lol.

Going to a tournament that starts in like an hour and a half.

http://www.twitch.tv/stlbarwarz/profile

Idk if this is the right link or not, I dont know how this site works.

Not using Zelda but posting it just to show why SlayUTena is better than her.

Mocha Ill reply to your post later, I gtg lol
No problem, and good luck. I have to keep reading the next pages of this thread to see what I missed/if you updated how you did

Last edited:

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
Olimar? I think Zelda does well against Olimar. Olimar has no hitbox on his recovery, I'm gonna dair him into oblivion.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
One of the most annoying playstyles I find going up against is the "jumpity jump" approaches.

You know when a character starts to jump up and trying to bait some sort of reaction out of you? Like Sheik, Lucina/Marth, Fox or something, they're basically just full hopping right in front of you as their approach constantly, using their double jump when necessary to hover above you, then retreating when they see they haven't caused a reaction.

I do my best to challenge with Jump Nair when they get a bit too cocky with it, but it requires a irking amount of patience. It's like a vulture sloooooooooowlly is circling me or something, haha.

S'like they have Jigglypuff syndrome or something, goodness.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Do it to them too. Feign some attacks by simply jumping and retreating. There's nothing scarier than having Zelda's rear or foot near you in the air.

Well there is, but we can pretend for Zelda's sake

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Tomahawking is something all Brawl/Smash 4 players can afford to do a lot more.

Olimar can attack out of his recovery. But even then look at Villager... not easy to gimp that recovery.

Top Bottom