• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I wish grounded meteors weren't techable. It'd make playing Zelda like a ghetto Brawl Ganondorf a bit easier.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Rion Rion , be back in a minute
You're so good with that elevator FW! I wish I could be a little more effective at using it.

Same with throws, I never seem to do as good follow ups haha.
Your kicks though. Too stronk, haha.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the games @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 !

You made realize I should probably use the FW Elevator more for big punishes haha. I have been a bit too "safe" with it's usage I think!

I really want to improve on my throw follow ups too! You always get me with a Nair / Uair after these things.

You should definitely be careful about spot dodging too much. I started charging my Fsmashes more because I noticed you'd do it pretty often. It's a very hard habit to break, I should know hehe.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GG Rion. T'was fun. And for Dthrow combos, you have to note that you are able to follow up from the throw animation faster than it looks. It's stupid, but hey, everyone can do that in the game. And OoS FW. ccc:

One thing I don't understand is that some people SD when they see their opponent SD early. IDK, I just feel bad if they do that for my mistake. Aleate does that too. Or maybe Canadians are too nice. ; w ;

Rion

Smash Journeyman
GG Rion. T'was fun. And for Dthrow combos, you have to note that you are able to follow up from the throw animation faster than it looks. It's stupid, but hey, everyone can do that in the game. And OoS FW. ccc:

One thing I don't understand is that some people SD when they see their opponent SD early. IDK, I just feel bad if they do that for my mistake. Aleate does that too. Or maybe Canadians are too nice. ; w ;
Well, as a Zelda player, I empathize with accidental Farore SDs! I mean, I do them all the time. If I'm at lowish %, I'll definitely even it out for a fellow "sister" so to speak haha, since we've all been there. It just makes the match a bit less "depressing" since it's back to even score.

Man though, I never seem to follow up from Dthrow very well. I usually do Uthrow > Nair at low percents and that usuallyyy works. But Dthrow was a habit I was trying to break because of it's half damage vs all her other throws, haha.

And yeah, I definitely try to get as much mileage out of Fair/Bair as possible. One of my tricks of doing SH AD Bair is a little frustrating because pressing the R button to AD for some reason makes me hit X/Y jump harder, so I end up doing a full hop instead (which puts me way too high, naturally). I guess some practicing is in order!

Either way, I'd love to play you again sometime! It's interesting to see the playstyle and meta of other Zelda players~

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I forgot to say this but I ****ing loved Hotel Dusk
10/10 game

This thread is getting more popular, visitor wise. I guess people are finally realizing that the Zelda social thread is the best character thread.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Don't suppose anyone else wants to try playing some online? ;o

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yeah, I prefer Dthrow still to this date and not Uthrow as much. Still gets you some neat things depending on the DI used. And that's why I just default FW just below the ledge. Ain't confident in my aiming skills at all, haha.

Still have a ways to go with my Zelda, I find it to be more style than substance as of now. Trying to overdo things she shouldn't be doing. As a player, I'm extremely affected by momentum shifts, going either way, and tend to choke a lot, haha. Why tournies will probably not be a thing for me.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
i just miss brawl zelda in general

anyone who thinks smash 4 zelda is better than brawl ought to go play brawl again

120 challenges out of 140 atm...

mfw i die to bull**** like ness usmash at 70%:

It seems like some of the most random moves in this game are kill moves.

Peach's dash attack kills now.

Rion we can play if you're still looking to.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It seems like some of the most random moves in this game are kill moves.

Peach's dash attack kills now.

Rion we can play if you're still looking to.
Would you guys mind if I joined in for Rotations or something?

I need to experience some good Zelda play since the ones on FG are killing me from the inside with their badness.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Would you guys mind if I joined in for Rotations or something?

I need to experience some good Zelda play since the ones on FG are killing me from the inside with their badness.

I don't plan on playing Zelda.

I'm not going to be using this character in this game.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

>Me losing to a non-Zelda player using Zelda ; w ;

I'll have to play your Palutena and Zelda again sometime, Fuujin.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord

What if they patched her to be distinctly better than Brawl Zelda in every way? (except USmash because we know they'll never give her back that range)

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
>Me losing to a non-Zelda player using Zelda ; w ;

I'll have to play your Palutena and Zelda again sometime, Fuujin.
Well everything I know/do with her just transfers over from Brawl, so I know how to use her a little bit.

What if they patched her to be distinctly better than Brawl Zelda in every way? (except USmash because we know they'll never give her back that range)
I lost this amount of optimism in Sakurai long ago.
She would have to get the Pit or Bowser treatment for me to consider using her.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey @ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 ! I'll totally play you for a bit if you're still up for it.

Perhaps the lag will be kind this time!

Gonna work on some other stuff actually, perhaps another time!

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I lost this amount of optimism in Sakurai long ago.
She would have to get the Pit or Bowser treatment for me to consider using her.
"We gave her a recovery and made it a kill move too!
Better nerf just about everything else to make sure she isn't broken!"

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Christmas Patchlist for Zelda I made after a series of salty matches I've had with a stupidly good ZSS online:

Melee Fair/Bair
Brawl Nair's autocancel
Brawl Upsmash
Brawl Dsmash
Inescapeable Fsmash
retooled Utilt with functionality resembling Link's Utilt
Storeable Phantom
nonfreefalling Din's Fire
Fanservice side-taunt (the stupid magic fireball ain't cutting it)

Feel free to add/change/comment.

I don't mean to turn these boards into fanpatch.net but I'm curious to hear what you guys would like to see.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
No those are good (except I like the fireball taunt)

Even just shaving some frames off of the current fair/bair landlag would be great.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I wouldn't mind leaving the Dtilt as it is right now. But Brawl Uair pls, or at least better than the one we have now. DX

Then again, it's Sakurai. He'll probably end up nerfing her thinking that too many people are being taken up by her elevator of destruction. ; w ;

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Christmas Patchlist for Zelda I made after a series of salty matches I've had with a stupidly good ZSS online:

Melee Fair/Bair
Brawl Nair's autocancel
Brawl Upsmash
Brawl Dsmash
Brawl Dtilt
Inescapeable Fsmash
retooled Utilt with functionality resembling Link's Utilt
Storeable Phantom
nonfreefalling Din's Fire
Fanservice side-taunt (the stupid magic fireball ain't cutting it)

Feel free to add/change/comment.

I don't mean to turn these boards into fanpatch.net but I'm curious to hear what you guys would like to see.
So basically brawl zelda

Also all of my yes to that din's fire. You have no idea how many times I've died accidentally using it when trying to recover

And when you say "fanservice taunt" do you mean palutena or like a zelda reference?

EDIT: One more thing, her speed needs to be buffed, like badly. She should at least be as fast as peach

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Actually yeah, doesn't her new Dtilt have more range?
I haven't used Brawl Zelda in a while (I am scared to discover that I'll prefer her over Smash 4 Zelda and then using Smash 4 Zelda will be even more depressing since Brawl Zelda is also bad)

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
So basically brawl zelda
Sm4sh's FW/Dair are her two gamechangers from Brawl, one that make her feel the most different (aside from her pathetic Usmash). Chasing opponents deep offstage with Zelda is no longer suicide.

And when you say "fanservice taunt" do you mean palutena or like a zelda reference?
Meh, either would do.

While she's too classy to poledance, a more coquettish animation wouldn't hurt.

You're right, I'd forgotten. I just missed trapping noobs with Brawl's Dtilt.

Removed from my list.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
When Lylat Cruise is considered a starter stage in your region. The struggles. <///3

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I haven't used Brawl Zelda in a while (I am scared to discover that I'll prefer her over Smash 4 Zelda and then using Smash 4 Zelda will be even more depressing since Brawl Zelda is also bad)
I played Brawl just to see the difference and I missed some things. I miss her smashes so much, and endless lag aerials.
But the teleport is sooo bad and slow. She's so slow in general in Brawl. And no Phantom.
Give and take...

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I played Brawl just to see the difference and I missed some things. I miss her smashes so much, and endless lag aerials.
But the teleport is sooo bad and slow. She's so slow in general in Brawl. And no Phantom.
Give and take...
Phantom is a nerf for me because I used Sheik in Brawl (it was usually modded so Transform was much faster)

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Every time I get punished for using the Phantom or miss because of the dead zone, I miss Transform a little more...

I really loved having the option to just switch to an entirely different character if things just weren't working out. And Sheilda was really fun to play...

Oh and the first time I saw the Melee Transform speed, my jaw dropped lol. Much more usable in that game.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
For hardcore Zeldas though, it's still a direct buff for Zelda having another move. It was never "good" for Zelda being able to switch to sheik.

Tbh the change was a healthy change for the community too, as one shallow comment would constantly put Zelda down: "Her best move is down B" and that was just garbage I am glad to see gone.

Not that I didn't enjoy sheik and transform play in Brawl, don't get me wrong.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I consider Zelda/Sheik in Brawl as one character with a very laggy stance change. It's not a buff or nerf in the end, just a design change (or 3DS hardware decision???)

I just wish Phantom was as good as Bouncing Fish =C

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Zelda walk speed is better than her run. Walking ftw. She already has by far the worst running animation since Bowser tires from melee/brawl.

one change I would like for her though is making phantom a constant object that Zelda can put away or unless he gets destroyed. Cause right now trying to use phantom as a wall is ok, but he goes away so fast its hard to make use of that feature. Or if I mess up where I wanted him to go I have to wait till he poofs away to bring him out again. I think Zelda would gain alot if phantom was changed where he sat out unless unsummoned or destroyed once summoned.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh yeah, when I was facing Rion today, I reflected his Phantom back to him. Then he kicked that Phantom to pieces with a floppy (lightning) kick. That prevented him from using his OWN phantom for 6 seconds.

Just wow. This move is just--

Top Bottom