• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Oh

I did not know

This was Haiku

I just copied this posting style

From Melee Zelda TheLake.

He does this

All the time

It looked fun

I copied it.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Took part in my first offline tournament at my uni for Sm4sh & met wee sis @ EOE EOE (who beat me twice). Went predominately Zelderp (although I didn't use her in GF because LOL Peach) & I managed to come second with Near winning the thing.

It twas a fun evening. :3

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Took part in my first offline tournament at my uni for Sm4sh & met wee sis @ EOE EOE (who beat me twice). Went predominately Zelderp (although I didn't use her in GF because LOL Peach) & I managed to come second with Near winning the thing.

GJ evmaxy!

But waiT

Did the wee sis Near go Zelduh at all? Or have they already abandoned our queen for another castle?

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings

2 (mostly)Zelda players getting 2nd in tournaments!!!
The bad Zelda fanboys have yet ANOTHER point in their "Zelda is high tier" logic yaas!

On a serious note though, good job.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
GJ evmaxy!

But waiT

Did the wee sis Near go Zelduh at all? Or have they already abandoned our queen for another castle?
Cheers BJN39, but sadly, by the looks of things yeah. I'm not even mad tbh because that Peach is sweet :p

2 (mostly)Zelda players getting 2nd in tournaments!!!
The bad Zelda fanboys have yet ANOTHER point in their "Zelda is high tier" logic yaas!

On a serious note though, good job.
#sorrynotsorry ;)
Cheers Fuujin!

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Great to finally meet you today @ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 , your Zelda was great! I want to use her more, but to me she feels even slower than she was in Brawl. =(
I've become so accustomed to using Peach/Kootie Pie, too.

Anyway, I'm hoping events here in Northern Ireland will become more frequent for Smash 4. Would be great to see the community flourish!

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
oop @ you putting Zelda last.

The Zelda fanboys are coming for you sis!(I agree though)

I have a few things to say;

I REALLY dont think Link is that bad in this game, likely still bad but he has tons of solid kill moves now and can recover.
Why do you have him with Zelda and Ganon?

No comment on Ganon, but he looks the same as Brawl so hes likely bad.

Pit and Dark Pit are high tier imo.

You are 100% wrong about Bowser Jr sis.
This is a solid high tier character, people for some reason think hes bad, but I have my el gato now so I intend to upload some gameplay footage of @Mr. Moti and his Bowser Jr. soon.
I guess hardly anyone is using him correctly, but he's definitely a very good character, his side b is amazing and quite hard to punish.
He's a very dumb character and honestly see him getting a nerf on his post up b aerials soon, they kill at like 80%.
It's super dumb.

Why do people think Robin and Olimar are bad?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Villager is great.

I like how you kept the Hyrule Tier for nostalgia's sake (Though I think Link has escaped personally)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Maybe he's not that bad but this is still a very early representation of what's good and what's not so I don't expect it to be 100% correct

Link: Feels the same as brawl but with a worse dash attack, although I guess his bombs dont hurt him when thrown up close, I would be willing to move him up but idk who I'd place him above (plus i just wanted to keep hyrule tier, although I really do think he's bad)

Pit/Dark Pit, haven't seen much of them, played with them and he feels llike Brawl pit with a worse projectile

I played Bowser Jr and I dropped him because people just picked up my koopaling and I couldn't kill anything until 160% UNLESS i got a hard read with a smash attack, and even then, Jr suffers from what I call "Zelda Syndrome" where sometimes people just fall out

Regarding Olimar, he lost a lot from brawl but gained a massive edgeguarding game, it's insane, I don't think robin and Oliar are "bad" I just think other characters are better

Why would the Villager be that high? D:
Because we have 3 villager players winning pretty much every single tournament in our country lel

fair/bair wall of pain, lloid is extremely annoying to get past, absurd anti-air usmash (zelda called, she wants her usmash back). relatively solid KO options, COMPLETELY destroys characters with primarily vertical recoveries imo

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The Pits have a ridiculous Ftilt and Fsmash. So much so that I can't see them being bad just like that.
I don't think your placement of them is wrong though. I haven't used or fought them enough to tell.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
iDunno, I tried spamming fsmash on wifi once and I still got punished

Anything could happen with d tier and below tbh

but I think everyone in C tier and higher is viable

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Along with a few other characters, I'm trying to improve playing as Zelda. However, I'm not sure what the best strategy is when playing as the character.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
IMO, Falco and Bowser Jr should outright switch places. Robin and Olimar can't be that low as well. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Link has graduated from the basement this time.

Other than that, like most of what you have, Aero. c:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Does anyone want to play smash. I have been practicing down though this is the first smash game I have gotten competitive with so I feel like my mechanics could be better. I only have the 3ds version.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
How fast is Greninja's Usmash on startup? I want to know precisely how ridiculous that attack still is.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
villager is an annoying troll, but if he gets behind in stock its hard to get back because you can't force the KO, most of the time I'm killing as villager with set ups or gimps.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Luigi and Sheik both have the same F-smash timers of 12 (13?) followed by Fox at 13 (14?)
Oh never mind them. Fsmash out of shield seems to be a fantastic option I think but Luigi's sliding kind of removes the effectiveness of it. Not sure about Sheik's fsmash. Also, air dodge spamming except before landing seems to work pretty well. CPU tactics.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So|these|tables
are|so|BAD
they|be|drunk
whenever|I try to|edit
mah|data|thread

Ehuw mah gawsh it even trolled me here LOL.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so I just spent a ton of matches playing against a Rosalina. It was my first time getting so much match up time with a good player, so it was a fun learning experience!

Hehe, I made it to 30 kills first though (or whatever that white blue badge is!)

She's definitely frustrating, but I managed somehow!

- One thing being Rosie's walk is literally only a smidge slower than Zelda's run, and Rosie's Nair is a pain to properly punish (but still doable if you powershield it just right).

- Also Din's VS Mindless autopilot Nair Rosalina is hilariously effective since she's in the attack animation for so long. Naturally it won't come up often, but you know.

- I also swear to God Rosalina's rolls and air dodging are a bit better than the rest of the cast. Perhaps it's just the invisibility factor that really throws me off.

- Starbits are on par with Palutena's Jab in terms of utter annoyance. Maybe worse, oy.

- Also Rosie's USmash is something I never seem to get anything remotely close to a trade. Does it have invul parts like Mario's USmash too?

- Killing the Luma isn't too too bad. If you ever get a good chance, it certainly helps!

- I feel like most of my kills were from Farore's. Mostly because getting in range of Rosalina for things like Fsmash and such is a dangerous thing for Zelda (especially with the Luma alive). Mostly just punishing the occasional Luma shot, empty smashes, "awkward landings" etc etc, it's definitely tough!

I'll organize more of my thoughts on this later or something~

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
zelda's dash attack is good for killing luma, if they're dumb and stand near the ledge when you respawn, dash attack is a free luma kill

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ok so I have always known Zelda - Little Mac isn't a beautiful match-up but this is really really really awful. There's nothing she can do against him. Little Mac outranges her and is SUPER FAST. If you do Fsmash/Ftilt, he will usually hit you before you hit him. Dtilt? That thing has no range compared to what Little Mac has. Jab? Even that gets beaten a lot, and it has no reward anyway. Nayru's? LAAAAAG. On top of that, the rewards are simply skewed. Little Mac is great at punish landings, especially those of floaty characters. If you get hit once, you're going to eat a loooot of hits afterwards. Fortunately Zelda is pretty light and Mac is really strong so after he has racked up damage in 2 seconds you'll be released from your suffering pretty soon. In the mean time Zelda gets pretty much no reward of her hits and has incredibly difficulty racking up damage against him if she manages to land a hit.

This dude has been made to counter Zelda. It's seriously one of the worst, if not just the worst, match-ups in the entire game. Even bad Macs can walk over her.

Pikachu and Peach wuut

These two are crazy in this game... they're WAY too low.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Heh?

Also

MMMMMMM, I think I may have found my next Avi for when I get bored and want a new one!
Is that phantom purple smoke? If so why isn't it on your hand? Pretty none the less also the Santa hat made me chuckle.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
You know what i like to think sometimes to help me sleep at night. "Next patch Sakurai will fix her....next patch" Inb4 they nerf her.

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
So|these|tables
are|so|BAD
they|be|drunk
whenever|I try to|edit
mah|data|thread

Ehuw mah gawsh it even trolled me here LOL.

This is the universes way of telling you to drop any Zelda related research and move over to the goddess of LIGHT and make a research thread for her.

I played Bowser Jr and I dropped him because people just picked up my koopaling and I couldn't kill anything until 160% UNLESS i got a hard read with a smash attack, and even then, Jr suffers from what I call "Zelda Syndrome" where sometimes people just fall out
See thats the thing, the guy I play with...
I really think nobody out there is playing the same way as him.
I want to get some matches uploaded just to show you the way he plays.

Side b ----> up b clown car explosion ----> f/b air (after the car has exploded and sent you straight up directly into bowser jr) kills me at like 90.

People havent figured out how to play this character and my friend has, to an extent at least.
As much as you all know that I hate this type of "my friend beat me with this character so they must be good" sounding logic, I'm rolling with it because this character is srsly legit, and very annoying.

Theres a tournament on monday which he wont be at but I'll try to upload some friendlies maybe.
I have a hard time beating his Bowser Jr, though some of you might say its cause Palutena's bad so I'll get vids of him going against Nicole's ZSS or other good players if possible.[/quote]

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Side b ----> up b clown car explosion ----> f/b air (after the car has exploded and sent you straight up directly into bowser jr) kills me at like 90.]
You can also use SideB, then jump-UpB (doesn't hit the opponent) and immediately press A to get that devastating axe attack. That axe is the only aerial move that Bowser Jr. has if he is not in his clown cart. But that's a true combo and kills early.

Practiced a bit with Bowser Jr. and he's definitely solid.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
seems like the general consensus is that Roy is good

but here I am getting shield grabbed and punished whenever i use side b, and wouldn't up b leave you vulnerable af?

Top Bottom