• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So how many people are leaving for Paleutenlands?

Is she gonna be Zelda's more successful cousin now? :(

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
And I also find Palutena's ledge cancelling with her UpB a LOT easier than Zelda's...

I SD a bit too much trying to get cocky and flashy with ledge cancel FW, haha.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
Palutena looks like fun but I don't like her default move set.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I consider Zelda my main but I dunno. On the Wii U version, Palutena is first in most of my various records.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
gut aoutta heer top teir scrub u dun beelung hear

THAT WAS MY FACE YOU RIPPED YOU SONUVA...

In all honesty, I just feel angry whenever I play Zelda now, mostly because I keep ranting about how much she got nerfed. I'm not even interested in the competitive world, tbh, but sometimes it wasn't even fun playing as Zelda in Brawl (against Snakes, Olimars, etc). I just wanna have more fun this time around :'D

Also, can Shulk even be considered top tier anyhow?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Yeah that makes sense.

I say Zelda is my main but I get discouraged playing her a lot. I seconded Dedede in brawl but he's pretty much taken most of my playtime on the Wii U version now.

I'll still get Zelda's amiibo though. I mean, aside from her hair, she looks good. I'll get my brother Kirby for the holidays and get myself Meta Knight when he comes out next year.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I'm going to get Zelda's amiibo and Little Mac's, the latter so I can back throw and dair IRL.

So does anyone know if there is Zelda representation in Japan? I'm pretty sure future balance patches (I hope they exist) will be addressing things evident in the Japanese meta and nothing else.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I don't know much Zelda reps outside of a (note: very) small handful in America. :////

Also getting a Zelda amiibo, yuuuusssss. Though, if I knew how to paint well, I'd customize my amiibo to be the red palette of Zelda. Too bad, can't art. :ccc

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So like,

Has anyone else

Noticed how many visitors

This thread has?

I swear like all day there's like at least 3-4 people here, and it peaks at 6-8 in the evenings.

Not to mention the bonus "guest" lurkers.

That's way too active for a Zelda board!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I noticed that too.

I thought something happened with Zelda somewhere in a tournament.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
All just wanna have some fun~

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Jokes on you guys, if you play me, I dash towards you without even having you provoke me to do it. :3

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
So like,

Has anyone else

Noticed how many visitors

This thread has?

I swear like all day there's like at least 3-4 people here, and it peaks at 6-8 in the evenings.

Not to mention the bonus "guest" lurkers.

That's way too active for a Zelda board!
Part of the reason i joined smashboards was because this board was so funny and interesting....what is happening in that gif

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Lots of GIF goodies today for you all!

An example of how you can basically trump "grab" type recoveries and basically get a great trade with minimal damage:

Because the way grabs work in this game, you basically have a much better advantage to get an early KO with less risk. AKA, Zelda getting a measly 4% while Ganon gets KO'd with little chance to recover (if at all).

Secondly, let's look at Nayru's invul frames in action:

Samus's Fsmash actually completely gets ignored while Zelda's Nayru's Love completely trumps it because of the amount of invul it has. You even see Samus' explosion go off!

Thirdly, how to trick your opponents with Phantom Slash fully charged:

A lot of people underestimate just how much coverage the 2nd slash of a fully charged Phantom is. If you time it so you purposely miss the 1st hit, but aim to hit with the 2nd hit that actually matters, it's a nice way to surprise people who get too comfortable recovering from mid-high heights.

Last but not least:

Don't ever taunt against Zelda at the beginning of a match.

Never.

Just don't.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Lots of GIF goodies today for you all!

An example of how you can basically trump "grab" type recoveries and basically get a great trade with minimal damage:

Because the way grabs work in this game, you basically have a much better advantage to get an early KO with less risk. AKA, Zelda getting a measly 4% while Ganon gets KO'd with little chance to recover (if at all).

Secondly, let's look at Nayru's invul frames in action:

Samus's Fsmash actually completely gets ignored while Zelda's Nayru's Love completely trumps it because of the amount of invul it has. You even see Samus' explosion go off!

Thirdly, how to trick your opponents with Phantom Slash fully charged:

A lot of people underestimate just how much coverage the 2nd slash of a fully charged Phantom is. If you time it so you purposely miss the 1st hit, but aim to hit with the 2nd hit that actually matters, it's a nice way to surprise people who get too comfortable recovering from mid-high heights.

Last but not least:

Don't ever taunt against Zelda at the beginning of a match.

Never.

Just don't.
These were all just....wonderful. Especially that last one LOL.

In other news, a lvl. 9 CPU Zelda I was fighting just teleport canceled on a BF platform while recovering high :surprised:

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I need to play against you guys sometime. But...I can't stand Zelda dittos. The only thing worse is a jigglypuff ditto.
Jiggly dittos are hilarious and entertaining, thank you. Its always a competition to see who is better at setting up rest..

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Rion Rion , what program/website do you use to make those GIFs? May want to actually make some high quality highlights of my own. c:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
@ Rion Rion , what program/website do you use to make those GIFs? May want to actually make some high quality highlights of my own. c:
I record them with my iphone, edit them in Adobe Premiere then host them on gfycat.com! Pretty easy stuff.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
brb torrenting Adobe Premiere

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I usually throw out phantom and dins intending them not to hit. Especially when it comes to phantom, I want it to be a "do not pass" sign just to keep people out of a certain area.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
^ Me as well, haha.

It comes to the point that I just don't aim with Din's at all. I just fish for a potential air dodge and punish accordingly. But like you can just totally do ABSOLUTELY nothing when I aim Din's at you, because I can't even aim that thing, haha.

AND YES FOOTSTOOLING

Last edited:

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I aim Din's Fire to get the opponent to dodge into the stage to get a punish. As for phantom I want to catch the opponent off guard or force them to recover in a way to get a dair/fair.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice. We actually need a results thread don't we?

Funny how we haven't had a need for one until months after the game is out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom