• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"Not enough roll" is the last thing I expected anyone to say about smash 4.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I support Roll 100%.

Don't really care about Greninja. 90% of Greninja players dropped him after the balance patch anyway.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's dumb, they dropped him because they can't mindlessly use aerials without being punished or act out of usmash 3 frames after the hitboxes ended

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Dark Pit is the best character to beat people with, or worst character to lose to. His attitude and his dumb victory theme just make people mad about themselves.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I'm severely disappointed at the lack of new audio files for a few characters *coughMarioLuigiPeachcough*, but mostly Link and Zelda.

By their animations and voice files, they feel like complete copy-pastes from Brawl. They could have given Link some Skyward Sword battle cries (admittedly, most of them didn't nearly sound as good as his Twilight Princess cries)

They could have called Jun Mizusawa back for some Zelda rerecordings, just like how they did for Brawl from Melee.

I'm quite peeved at how Sm4sh sounds and (by virtue of menu design and recycled character animations) looks far too much like Brawl.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM BBYYYYY~

Loved that game. But the online was so miserable. ; w ;

Jun the Swan + Chun-LI best team combo. AND YES, I'M USING HIGH TIER CHARACTERS IN A GAME FOR ONCE. :3

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Roll was liek, top tier in that game too (the rerelease, Karas was stupid in the first one).

Roll was the OTG combo queen

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I thought Roll was pretty bad in the game though. Her OTG game was super strong, and so was her assist, but her point game is just-- ; w ;

And LOL Karas was basically the Meta Knight in Cross-Generations TVC. Then he got uber nerfed in the re-release... just like Meta Knight. Karas = Meta Knight? :^)

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Tbh, I think I'm a SSB tier masochist. Whenever I try and play any 'widely agreed as good' character, I end up just not connecting with their playstyle at all. Even though I loved sheik in Brawl, I can NAWT play ha in Smash 4. The smae thing happens when I play Melee. I end up not being able to play Peach or Sheik, who I like, and stick with YL and Zelda.

And then I ardently main Zelda and second WFT. I'm like, reverse "tier cheating"

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
imo she was absurd, tiny hurtbox, super fast light attack, strongest level 3 hyper in the game, one of the strongest level 1 hypers and a HEAL (wtf?)

also please edit yaw dodge @ BJN39 BJN39

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Saaaaame, BJ. Always ended up using the bad characters in Smash, haha.

Aero, I find Roll's approach options (GASP) are pretty limited. Combo game midscreen is meh, but the corner combos are unf.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The game's unfortunately hasn't been researched much, so it's a true mystery of everyone's actual potential. :/

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I finally got to play Super Smash Bros (Wii U) and all I can say is what the hell did they do to my Din's Fire.

Also, Gaur Plain for worst map.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
We're talking about Roll actually.

But yeah Zelda is horrible, and even though you won a tournament, that's not enough to convince me otherwise.

Like I said the other day, I beat some good players with Zelda. It means literally nothing.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Ehh I've heard mix reviews bout zelda
Some call her low
Some call her mid ( meeee )
Some think she's high
I can see mid, if we find that missing link to her approach and with her kill potential alone. I really don't see high, unless I am high.

I finally got to play Super Smash Bros (Wii U) and all I can say is what the hell did they do to my Din's Fire.

Also, Gaur Plain for worst map.
grats, celebrate by doing an 8 man smash with all fox
edit: though it will never be this good

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
There is no missing link. Unless we find something on shield that doesn't have enough end lag to allow the opponent to make a sandwich and eat it with plenty of time to still punish.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Alacion Alacion , fighting Dawson is like fighting against a robot that knew your mind. Wow, he's incredibly good.

I honestly had my best chances in the first few matches we fought. Then he literally downloaded me like a PDF file. No matter the minor adaptations I did in my game, it only made fighting against him worst. It was incredibly unbelievable that he can just read every almost every single thing I did. The life of a becoming an attempted pro player is harsh indeed. ; w ;

Top Bottom