• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Keo-bas

Smash Rookie
Pac isn't that fast though, to me he's more like wario/jiggly but can camp sort of. I've stopped seeing pac in for glory though. I'm more afraid of yoshi than anything else though
His speed isn't really the problem. which is why running away seem effective. have him chase you and punish his laggy recovery. But a competent Pac will stick to his air normal and crossing up which are pretty fast.

Last edited:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I don't find Pac much of a problem. If you show you're competent at reflecting/catching projectiles, it tends to make the Pac player think twice about using his projectiles without being punished for it. A good Pac will probably take to the air most of the time, but I've found jab to be quite good for disrupting a lot of his air game if you time it right, the main problem being if he's above you. I hear a lot of people have trouble with his side B and I don't really understand why. It's ridiculously easy to see coming, easily punishable and he can even be F-smashed out of it if timed right.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Pac is so easy! You can even reflect the hydrant if he tries to throw it at you from above... lolz!

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Can I rage here about the For Glory lag misreading my FW or taking in a Din's Fire?'

And that Din's Fire still mother****ing freefalls? Whoever ****ing thought to keep that in needs to have their head examined.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Can I rage here about the For Glory lag misreading my FW or taking in a Din's Fire?'

And that Din's Fire still mother****ing freefalls? Whoever ****ing thought to keep that in needs to have their head examined.
Haha, I wrote a whole post about it here. I also tried to complain via Nintendo's post-play survey (like they care about the plight of a lowly Zelda-mainer) but when I tried to submit my survey I just got sent to an error page. So OBVIOUSLY they don't want to hear about it. ;)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I don't know about you guys but I cry every time I run into a competent Shulk player on For Glory. I just don't know what do do against those guys with Zelda.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I think I have to get used to Shulk's hitboxes. I learned the hard way that bair can still hit you while you're in front of him. The Shulk players seem aware of being punished and try not to toss out laggy attacks often.

As for Yoshi, I really hate fighting him in this game. Did you just shield his dair? Do you want to punish him? Too bad. Kill moves? All of yoshi's aerials are kill moves except for dair. Dash attack? Let's give this attack a ton of active frames and have it move past shields, effectively making Yoshi impossible to shield grab. Let's buff his fair. Let's give him a forward smash that spaces itself and has little cooldown. **** it. Let's not give Yoshi any bad moves outside of SideB and DownB at times. To top it all off, let's give him a permanent blue koopa shell. Yoshi has the best air speed in the game. Jigglypuff? Who?

Honestly, I'm just whining.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yoshi is a nuisance too.

In fact, my personal nightmares are :4fox::4yoshi::rosalina::4lucario:

:4fox:: I'm just bad against him I guess. Whatever action I do, I'm punished, and this space animal jump all over the place.
:4yoshi:: Self explanatory, I guess.
:rosalina: and :4lucario:: Super Smash Cat and Mouse.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I feel Rosie is harder than lucario cause her weird galaxy blades plus Luma are still new to me, where as I already know rollycario.

oh and because Luma is the most obnoxious thing ever.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Fox and Lucario aren't so bad for me. I play them some, so I sorta have an idea of what they will do, I guess. I will admit that Fox keeps me on my toes more, and the Lucario is just stressful. Aura is scary.

Now I finally know how my opponents feel about aura, lol.

As far as Rosalina goes, I hate her. She's annoying, and all the ones on For Glory are Rollarinas. I used to like her as a character, but Smash is slowly killing that.

As for Yoshi...I just don't know how to fight him. I have a hard time even against average Yoshis. And good ones just destroy me.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Rollarinas are taking advantage of her amazing roll coupled with lag. It's the Little Mac situation except Rosalina is actually a top tier character. Rosalina eats slow mobility characters, like our Zelda, for breakfast.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
As far as Rosalina goes, I hate her. She's annoying, and all the ones on For Glory are Rollarinas. I used to like her as a character, but Smash is slowly killing that.
Oh God, how true this is. I've always adored Rosalina, now I've slowly become bitter at her, to the point where even selecting her as my character racer in Mario Kart 8 is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I somewhat felt that way about MK after Brawl.
I did like Rosalina in the SMGalaxy games. She was the one Mario franchise character with dignity. The story she read to the little Lumas was so sweet <3, it might vaguely have implied Peach is her ancestor with the castle picture, crown and Rosalina being over a hundred years old.

Q In Smash, how many Rosalinas does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A None, Luma does it. Same goes for Olimar with pikmin.
Q How many Ice Climbers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A 2 but once they start it's inescapable.
Q How many Links...?
A 1 but first he has to frame trap it with his boomerang and arrows, then footstool bomb it to FF Nair to jab lock, then he can screw it in.
Q How many Zeldas?
A 1, provided the light bulb approaches her.
Q How many MKs?
A None but the job gets done anyway; he's that broken.
Q How many Ganons?
A 1 and it gets screwed in hard but only a small percentage of the time when the bulb does not shut Ganon down and Ganon goes down with the bulb too.
Q How many Pokemon Trainer Pokemon?
A 3. Squirtle starts to wear it down then Ivy comes, throws the bulb and switches to Charizard to finish the job.
Q How many Bowsers?
A 1 if he can grab release screw in the bulb, otherwise who knows?
Q How many Wolfs?
A 1 but just B-air-ly (barely).
Q How many Mr.Game and Watches?
A 1 and he makes it look easy, unless the bulb's high tier then forget it. Same goes for DeDeDe.

(^This is based on Brawl except Rosalina)

Last edited:

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
Most difficult characters for me lately are the one's I can't spike effectively (ie characters with good recoveries).

:4wario2::4fox::4zss::4lucario:

Takes forever to kill them. Little Mac isn't much a problem anymore. Rosalina is dangerous, but it's been a awhile since I've fought a good one.

Last edited:

Keo-bas

Smash Rookie
I guess I'll have to revaluate my match up approach if pac is one of zelda's easy match.

Edit:

I don't think I know how to take the initiative in general with Zelda, unless dealing with slow or no range character I seem to be at lost what to do. I simply try pivot grab so I can slowly start some safe offense.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
His. Voice. Sucks. ***.[/USER].
Actually, I think I like his voice, because I never really liked Fox in the Smash Bros games. But this time, he is really annoying. I probably just encountered really good ones, but they all jump like fleas...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Finally...I've unlocked all of Zelda's custom moves aside from one of the Din's Fire customs. And I've gotta say. After using phantom strike and phantom breaker, I never want to go back to the regular phantom ever again. Phantom strike sends the opponent at a really nice angle and doesn't miss when the opponent is standing 2 meters in front of Zelda. Phantom breaker will probably never break shields but at least the opponent won't want to block it.

The other customs are pretty terrible though. Din's flare makes Din's fire even worse. Nayru's passion removes the reflector for a tiny explosion inside Zelda's body. Unless there's something I don't know about Nayru's reflection and faore's squall, they aren't great either. You can't elevator with faore's squall anymore either. D=

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
nayrus passion has a suction box that reaches just outside of Zeldas dsmash range. Giving up reflection and invincibility is kind of meh, but I think there might be a matchup or two that npassion might have a use

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I like Dins blaze and If U put it in the edge, then that forces them to recover from above. That lets u possibly punish with uair and could stop approuchs

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I kinda like Din's Flare. If you could move it just a tiny bit vertically I'd always prefer it over the other Dins'.
There aren't many situations where default Dins' comes in handy. At least Dins' Flare is super fast and outranges a lot of things.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I kinda like Din's Flare. If you could move it just a tiny bit vertically I'd always prefer it over the other Dins'.
There aren't many situations where default Dins' comes in handy. At least Dins' Flare is super fast and outranges a lot of things.
You can ultimately angle it up/down like 10 degrees at max distance. Does that count?

Kendude

Smash Cadet
So my friend picked up Game & Watch and it's terrifying. How do I go about dealing with him? Killing him isn't a problem but actually hitting him is a gigantic one.

I also quickly found out that Din's Fire doesn't work since the Bucket killed me at like 20%, so trying to zone him with that is out.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So....I accidentally gimped a Yoshi by grabbing him out of his jump from a low recovery...can't believe I just found that out, lol. Didn't pummel or anything. Just released. KO'd at 5%.

I bet we could make use of our grab range to do that more often, and make the MU easier.

So my friend picked up Game & Watch and it's terrifying. How do I go about dealing with him? Killing him isn't a problem but actually hitting him is a gigantic one.

I also quickly found out that Din's Fire doesn't work since the Bucket killed me at like 20%, so trying to zone him with that is out.
Sorry, I don't know much about G&W. I find him very annoying to fight, not just as Zelda, but any character. I guess don't use Din's lol. Try and punish their dair landings? I think that's more of what new G&Ws do though, so it won't work on better players.
Oh, and can he bucket the Phantom? I don't think he can, so that should be safe. You might be able to get it to take some hits from G&Ws laggier moves, then go in for the punish.

Haha, that wasn't very helpful, was it?

micstar615

Smash Ace
I think Zelda shines with equipment, I beefed up her speed and attack at the cost of defence and she plays like a true glass cannon except she's hard to kill because of her great recovery.

Din's Blaze is my preferred custom for Dins atm, it's a nice trap tool for edge guardig and has a few more uses over the standard DF. The fast Dins is ok too but I don't like that it only goes sideways and can't be angled much.

Both of the custom phantoms seem better than the regular one and the custom NL and FW options seem lackluster.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I think everyone shines with equipment mate.
True but I think it helps characters like Zelda, who innately has poor mobility but powerful attacks, a ton more. Equipment also has it's downsides, in Zelda's case (if defence is the only stat you choose to bring to negative digits) it's not as bad because of her great recovery imo.

MrEh

Smash Hero
See, that's where I disagree. A bad character can be buffed to become good. A character that was already good can be buffed to become extremely broken.

Also kind of a moot point because equipment is bad and shouldn't be used in competitive play anyway.

micstar615

Smash Ace
See, that's where I disagree. A bad character can be buffed to become good. A character that was already good can be buffed to become extremely broken.

Also kind of a moot point because equipment is bad and shouldn't be used in competitive play anyway.
Fair enough (but equipment still has it's drawbacks and every buff/nerf will effect each character differently), and I didn't suggest that equipment should be used in competitive play though (don't rlly care tbh).

Top Bottom