• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'd dare to say I had less troubles as Zelda than I did with Villager when playing said Luigis :'D. Then again they probably had no idea how to fight Zelda.
IMO Zelda vs Luigi isn't THAT bad of a disadvantage for the princess. I don't think Luigi's pressure is enough to be able to force Zelda to shield a lot and thus get grabbed. Even if she does get grabbed and fall into 0-60% combos, Luigi has to get a really good read on her to get the kill, which can get difficult. Then rage Zelda can get an early kill and change momentum.

Also, Zelda has use for Din's and use it to gimp Luigi's recovery. :^)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I wanna rewatch Gekkan Shoujo now but I gotta catch up with Kamen Rider first.

@ Alphatron Alphatron GGs, those were fun :) I'm getting tired and starting to sandbag so it's time to quit.
GGs. I was making a lot of terrible plays early on but that's what I get for going to bed at 5 am in the morning.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I could tell the button lag was making us do weird things too. GGs though, I learned a lot :)
Same. I kept thinking that Link had more endlag on his downsmash than I thought. So I kept trying to dash attack you at first. I don't think the button lag was too bad though. Certainly not as bad as many of the FG matches I've had.

By the way, I get nervous whenever I face Ganondorf as Bowser. I have a few friends who use him a lot and I cannot tell you the number of times I've had to fear for my life once I get off stage. So if you saw me recovering in dumb ways with whirling fortress, it was in order to avoid that disrespectful down air.

In general, Link is one of those characters I just suck badly against, I think. Kept falling into up smash.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
You can mitigate a lot of the Slick Star's weaknesses by tapping A as you turn.

Rough KAR tier list:
Perfect Pivot/What is Neuton's First Law tier: Swerve Star
Relatively well-rounded tier: Warp Star, Turbo Star, Slick Star, Wheelie Bike (?)
I prefer the air tier: Wing Star, Jet Star, Wheelie Scooter
Only for dittos on Nebula Belt tier: Formula Star
Good on the ground tier: Wagon Star
Boost pads are crack tier: Rocket Star
Crappy Hydra tier: Bulk Star
Offensive tier: Rex Wheelie, Shadow Star
City Trial tier: Compact Star
Not Kirby tier: King Dedede, Meta Knight
God tier: Dragoon
Give me 10 boost power ups and then I'm God tier: Hydra

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Slick Star was actually one of my favorite stars, but its sliding didn't make me whiff shieldgrabs or upB OoS :mad:

My favorite stars were
, kind of ordered.

Swerve Star was dumb as hell but I didn't enjoy the jerky movement or how bad its gliding was.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Buff everyone cept the top tiers
shblam
everyone is pretty viable
It'd be a waaay better option than nerfing the top tiers
But it's hella unlikely because the Smash team is:drfacepalm:
I dunno about that. It's way easier to balance a game by actually balancing it (nerfing the characters that are too good and buffing the ones that are too weak) rather than make everyone ridiculous, because that could lead to severely lopsided matchups all over the place.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I dunno about that. It's way easier to balance a game by actually balancing it (nerfing the characters that are too good and buffing the weaker characters) rather than make everyone ridiculous, because that could lead to severely lopsided matchups all over the place.
Well I didnt mean make everyone ridiculous
Some chars need obvious nerfs
but it would be nice if every char was viable
to quote a friend
"Smash has always emphasised aerial play
Smash 4 they made aerials suck for most
All the best characters have usable aerials"

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What is Disgaea and why am I now finding out about it
Disgaea is pretty much an Over The Top SRPG. Hit a group of enemies, create the Big Bang. Character creation, repetitive grinding up to Lv. 9999, Reincarnate, rinse and repeat. But it's so fun with the huge amount of customization you can have. :D *Be a Fist-fighting Mage or a Fight Mistress with a Gun* Plus, it just ruins the 4th Wall.

The girl's foot on the boy's face is exactly what "waifu" means.
Every time I hear it, it seems to be something about the feet. ugh
We cannot escape the grasp of it. D:
We should blame @berserker. But I can't.

He's too high tiered in the Waifu Tier. ;_;

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Who has a good foxtrot in this game other than Mac? Playing around with movement options, I wanna see what characters can do crazy things.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Who has a good foxtrot in this game other than Mac? Playing around with movement options, I wanna see what characters can do crazy things.

Toon Link? His stubby legs lets him move fast and he stops fast. I guess Link can sort of fake out people by foxtrotting into Ftilt or Dash Attack. Falco's is apparently good, but I don't know much about it since I don't foxtrot with him a lot. Sonic's foxtrot is *** if he goes into his skid animation.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think the only time I ever foxtrot alot is with Lucina. Her foxtrot is just really good.

Edit: Good god! Gintama 2015 is already Ranked at #2 on MyAnimeList. Jeez, that was fast. It was at #9/#10 even before it aired. ._.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Slick Star was actually one of my favorite stars, but its sliding didn't make me whiff shieldgrabs or upB OoS :mad:

My favorite stars were
, kind of ordered.

Swerve Star was dumb as hell but I didn't enjoy the jerky movement or how bad its gliding was.
I like the Warp Star, Jet Star, Turbo Star, and Slick Star. The Swerve Star is probably the best tbh (I didn't think its gliding was that bad).

Soul.

Unless I'm missing something:
Hitstun decay: The longer you combo an opponent, the easier it is for them to recover?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Foxtrot is too good on some characters. Its better than rolling after every move.

:4fox::4falcon::4zss: are legit dumb because they have good options out of it and they're stupidly fast.

Edit: What a coincidence all 3 have stupid jabs. smh

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Doesn't Zelda have a pretty good foxtrot?

I mean, I'd do anything to not see that dreadful run animation.

That animation is awful.

Top Bottom