• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
@ HeroMystic HeroMystic I finished reading your analysis on Mario vs Sonic. Maybe I am reading it wrong but are you implying with Custom Moves On, it more in Mario's favor? Is Scalding FLUDD transcendent? Because I am failing to see how Mario's Specials can beat Burning Spin Dash.

Unless Sonic spin dash jump (which he to if you hold shield) and you punish him with Up B... I think I answer my own question.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ HeroMystic HeroMystic I finished reading your analysis on Mario vs Sonic. Maybe I am reading it wrong but are you implying with Custom Moves On, it more in Mario's favor? Is Scalding FLUDD transcendent? Because I am failing to see how Mario's Specials can beat Burning Spin Dash.

Unless Sonic spin dash jump (which he to if you hold shield) and you punish him with Up B... I think I answer my own question.
Scalding FLUDD is transcendent, so it can't hit Sonic during Burning Spin Dash. (Fast) Fireballs will clank it and put Sonic in endlag like when he hits a shield, though.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Have any of you seen these creepy character models?

I took the liberty of captioning this one because I can, and it made it automatically raid material.

Also *points to my avatar*

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Scalding FLUDD is transcendent, so it can't hit Sonic during Burning Spin Dash. (Fast) Fireballs will clank it and put Sonic in endlag like when he hits a shield, though.
Actually... it can. Burning Spin Dash lose to transcendent moves/projectile. So thinks like Megaman's Fsmash can stop it. Wait... FireBalls are transcendent? How does Fireball clank it?

Last edited:

Soul.

lol the CCI thread.
"there are 2601 matchups in this game"
"or, you could.... you know.... play the game"
"match-up charts are simply impossible to make work right"
"I dislike breaking tier lists in S, A, B, C, etc"
"-insert definition of viable-"

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Actually... it can. Burning Spin Dash lose to transcendent moves/projectile. So thinks like Megaman's Fsmash can stop it. Wait... FireBalls are transcendent? How does Fireball clank it?
You have it backwards, Sonic's intangible during Burning Spin Dash, but the attack can clank with things. Since transcendent attacks can't clank the spin dash and can't hit him, he can blast through them (Smart Bomb, Scalding FLUDD, etc). Projectiles that aren't transcendent like Fireballs can't hit Sonic either, but will clank the attack out and force him to stop.

EDIT: Though Fast Fireballs only work if BSD isn't charged, so I guess there's that to consider.

EDIT2: Needles, Shifting Shuriken, and Megaman's fsmash all go through it too without clanking or hitting Sonic, by the by. Megaman can stop it with lemons, though.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've been taking an interest in mii gunner recently. Not going to drop any characters for her, but it is a nice for fun character.

Granted, if mii gunner actually gives me better match ups against characters Rosalina has problems with unlike Villager, I might consider her a secondary.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The other thing that breaks my heart about teleport recoveries is when you hit the ledge above the ledgegrab section:

I mean, it worked here because the CPU was being dumb, but it's just one big "hit me" sign.

*sees Falco in low tier... again*

For those of you who knows where this gif is from, you can use it for your waifu wars too. That's my BULMAAAAAAAA! :p
is this really surprising

I mean I see you typing walls about how bad falco is more than I see swordfighters or lucinas complaining about their character

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
lol hey its a tier list
Well I would say that Greninja is slightly lacking myself, but wtf why aren't Pac-Man and Duck Hunt there either in a no-customs list when they both some real trouble killing? And how is Greninja still in the same place with customs on when he gets a kill confirm out of a transcedent projectile?

... Eh. I'm not going to bother with tier lists anymore, not just pre-patch lists either.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Maybe I'm going through the 5 stages of grief... Hmm, I was in denial that Falco was bad, I became enraged at people calling Falco garbage and mained him, I don't remember what I bargained for, so let's say becoming a Falco mod was the result, and depression which probably happened after delving into Falco's frame data and comparing him to past games. So, that leaves acceptance... No wait, I'm still angry. :p

Also, I don't remember this scene from DBZ.

Last edited:

Soul.

ok so idk wtf happened. thing was going well but then suddenly player 2 drops out.
This game's wifi is hilarious

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Well I would say that Greninja is slightly lacking myself, but wtf why aren't Pac-Man and Duck Hunt there either in a no-customs list when they both some real trouble killing? And how is Greninja still in the same place with customs on when he gets a kill confirm out of a transcedent projectile?

... Eh. I'm not going to bother with tier lists anymore, not just pre-patch lists either.
While I can't speak for Duck Hunt, the Pac-Man thread and I have found many kill confirms for Pac-Man with customs off.

Hydrant drop->Key
Throw melon up-> trampoline
Z drop Key -> Trampoline
Galaxian kill combos

Not surprising, it's only natural that we're attracted to people who are physically appealing anyways.
Physical attractiveness will get people together initially (because we're sexual creatures)
But it's the chemistry between people that acts as the glue to keep them together

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
While I can't speak for Duck Hunt, the Pac-Man thread and I have found many kill confirms for Pac-Man with customs off.

Hydrant drop->Key
Throw melon up-> trampoline
Z drop Key -> Trampoline
Galaxian kill combos
Okay the Galaxian things are cool but I'm pretty sure pulling that stuff out in a real match is not going to be easy unless the opponent messes up like the ZSS did, if she had jumped instead of airdodged she wouldn't be killed so it's kinda like something that really only works once like Greninja's D-Throw -> Shadow Sneak. It's not exactly a kill confirm as it's not a true combo like say, Greninja's N-Air -> Up-Smash or Shifting Shuriken -> Up-Smash

The Hydrant combo I can believe.

You can throw the fruit up? And wait the trampoline kills?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Went for a walk in the nearby woods

saw a hawk kill a squirrel and eat its leg

damn_nature_you_scary.avi

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Okay the Galaxian things are cool but I'm pretty sure pulling that stuff out in a real match is not going to be easy unless the opponent messes up like the ZSS did, if she had jumped instead of airdodged she wouldn't be killed so it's kinda like something that really only works once like Greninja's D-Throw -> Shadow Sneak. It's not exactly a kill confirm as it's not a true combo like say, Greninja's N-Air -> Up-Smash or Shifting Shuriken -> Up-Smash

The Hydrant combo I can believe.

You can throw the fruit up? And wait the trampoline kills?
The galaxian combos do work even with DI, just at specific percentages. That one with ZSS was the only non guaranteed one.

If you catch a fruit so that it is Z droppable, you can throw it up. If your opponent is right next to you, you can trampoline them into the melon or key for a kill

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Went for a walk in the nearby woods

saw a hawk kill a squirrel and eat its leg

damn_nature_you_scary.avi
Nature can be cruel. I was walking home one night and saw what I thought was a pile of trash, it was dark out. It ended up being a dead dear. That was startling. :/

Spirst

Without customs, there is no way I would ever put Greninja below Duck Hunt. I've played both extensively and Duck Hunt has more issues than Greninja does. Duck Hunt is susceptible to edgeguarding, has broken smashes (must be Zelda's dog), and a real problem ending stocks. His frame data is pretty average and his mobility is overall a bit above average (and Greninja's is better). To even suggest Duck Hunt>Greninja in customs off is downright dumb. With customs on, Greninja gets shifting shuriken for KO confirms into his relatively hard-hitting moves and Duck Hunt gets the various gunmen (one good for tanking other projectiles and the other being a good anti-rushdown), and the Zigzag can which can combo into things like Nair for a KO or can combo into itself and do like 30% while also protecting Duck Hunt from pressure. The clay pigeon customs kind of suck overall and the Duck Jump ones are meh in my opinion. Even with this, I wouldn't put Duck Hunt above Greninja in the customs metagame since he's still quite flawed overall. I think people are just blinded by MVD doing well at Apex (not to rag on his play but a lot of people just don't know what to do with DH so the element of surprise was strong) and just don't really know the character on a deeper level.

I'd go on about Pacman but that's why my trusty Pacman nerd friend Pacman9 is here to do it for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom