• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Doesn't Zelda have a pretty good foxtrot?

I mean, I'd do anything to not see that dreadful run animation.

That animation is awful.
Zelda's run animation is her late for school.

Also, I just saw Nisekoi: and episode two of Yuki-chan Nagato.

Seeing Episode Two makes me want to hug Mikuru so much. ;w;

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Who has a good foxtrot in this game other than Mac? Playing around with movement options, I wanna see what characters can do crazy things.

:4dk: hasn't been mentioned. I've been trying to work on it, but it's just slightly different timing from :4lucina:/:4marth: and that really messes with me.

Also, you should dash dance with Mac to see how amazing the big dust cloud + small profile is.

Soul.

Jab locking with Pikachu is hilarious, lmao. The salt of getting #rekt by three jabs and a HSB or a fsmash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys omfg the weather was really nasty yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
tfw you join Spirst's room and wait to get accepted/declined, but the timer at the top says 96 minutes
Bruh

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Chair broke last night, back is hurting a bit. But I'll survive. Be getting a gaming chair tomorrow anyways.
And I just saw the pilot for Nisekoi: & Yuki-chan Episode 2.

Thank you for asking, how're you doing @ SpiralGalaxies SpiralGalaxies ?
D: I hope your back feels better! I hate it when chairs break like that. I don't really know what anime that is (I don't really watch anime. it's not my thing) but I hope your enjoying it!

As for me, I'm fine! I'm just relaxing really, Kinda bored. I hope I get a thunderstorm though.

@ Ffamran Ffamran This is the best weather TBH.

@XDanDan612 That is both scary and cool, at least for me. I love natural disasters and want to storm chase later in life.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

That was a...nice way to spend an hour

I hope you gorls know this is the only thread I'd do this for :^)
Thankfully, I'm usually not gone for too long, so I can catch up with this thread easily.
If I do end up being gone longer than expected, I read through two pages and then just skip to the current page cuz I don't have time to read the other 10 pages I missed lol
Also, good grief that's a lot of alerts, haha.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I was gonna post this in the changes talk thread, but there may be even more Zelda player traffic here to discuss.... Or something. Either way

Disclaimer : This may end up being mere visual mis-connection, but it seems too notable not to be worth mentioning/discussing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvbwZYV7W0Q&t=0m24s

The MewTwo trailer, where we see Zelda using FAir.

So I still haven't been able to tell myself whether or not Zelda actually lands with no landing lag before being hit by MewTwo, I still think she didn't land, but this is about some other things concerning FAir in that clip. I found a couple 'odd' things:

If you look closely (And replay it a bunch and many quick pauses.) you can see there are three sparks like the one found on Palutena's FAir in this clip.

- The first one for sure is M2's airdodge animation. This type of spark was used in Melee for his AD as well.

- The second one is centered on Palu's foot. No doubt that one is for her FAir.

- But then there's spark three. I believe this may be a visual addition to Zelda's FAir. In Brawl, this spark was the only visual present on her LKs, but it was removed in favor of the fab + shaped blast of light it has now, as many of you may know, this yellow spark quickly dissipates and turns blue while doing so. In the clip (By careful examination.) this 'third spark' is centered on Zelda's foot just AFTER the big gold + shaped spark, with the dissipating blue spark. I think they may have added this is to make it look more full. It having a sort of circular shape is also more fitting of the hit-box design.

tl;dr - A visual addition appears to have been added to her FAir that resembles her Brawl counterpart's visual. Woop woop!

But now for the real news.

Something I remember being mentioned was how her FAir animation looked faster, but it wasn't confirmed. Well, I went into my SSB4 and used the (1/4) L press to pause it just before Zelda hits the ground. Then, I compared that frame to a pause frame in the M2 trailer JUST before Zelda hits the ground there. (Just before being hit by M2.)

She was later in the animation in the trailer before hitting the ground than she was in my SSB4 screen. The difference is roughly 5 frames.

Now, ofc there's a chance something was amiss, changing the timing of when Zelda would land in the trailer, but what would that be? Now, my theory is that if this is so, that they might have added in a frame speed modifier on her move just after the hit-frames, making it end faster (And also causing the animation to be later before hitting the ground.) this would also lead to an earlier AC timing, but that's unrelated to the video.

Faster FAir hype! Here's to hoping this will be a thing!

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Everyone remember this video?

This happened online.
Makes you wonder if other characters can as well.
We actually knew Lucario was able to do it as well a long time ago in the stage analysis thread.

But it is still just a gimmick because of how hard it is to actually pull off in a serious match.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
POSSIBLE ZELDA BUFF HYPE TRAIN COMMENCE
If you want, you can test it for yourself. Simply go into training, and use the L hold (1/4) to move speed, and do a SH FAir (Immediate FAir.) and try to stop as close as you can to the ground without landing.

upload_2015-4-10_17-0-4.png

Here's a screencap the frame I used to compare (AS CLOSE as I could get to before the hit.) Zelda is still airborne here, in the middle of her FAir animation. In this clip Zelda does a SH immediate FAir. Compare your results to this and see what I mean.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Faster kicks would honestly be a godsend for our gurl. Glitters and sparkles though, she's a fan of it already. :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I retired from UMVC3 a long time ago now. Last time I played was using a team of Hsien-Ko/Hulk/Iron Man. (Which was my main team. Other times I'd go Frank/Hsien/Iron Man or Hsien/Nova/Iron Man)

I kinda wish Hawlucha was added into Smash now. :c (I'm so sorry for the gif @ Alacion Alacion ;_; )

Also, good morning ladies. How is everyone doing!? :4zelda:
Get out :(

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Mario in Top 10 in Customs off Tier List:

Mario NOT in Top 10 in Customs Tier List:

I also agree.

Also kind of intrigued by Bowser being the top heavy in customs off, I see DK and plausibly Ganon as better.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
When Zelda's recovery decides to make a u turn around the bOTTOM OF THE STAGE AND SHE DIES
I hate when warping moves screw with the edge of the stage and send me sideways

Like that's definitely how you recover thanks game

Top Bottom