• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

I never played Bravely Default, mostly because I have heard that there was a lot of padding to the game. Such as doing the same dungeons over and over again.

Were they wrong or...? But the sequel seems more interesting, the character in this intro seems pretty cool as well.
The 2nd half was really REPETITIVE for me, but the gameplay and my innate appreciation for grinding made me like the game anyway
Who's top tier in this game ? 'Cause Sheik / Diddy / Sonic aren't appealing to me.
If that's your aim, then I'd wait until the patch releases

D

Deleted member

They're all wrong! :3

Also, apparently Project X Zone 2 got leaked on Gematsu. o.o

I dunno whether to be happy or not about that. :c
Didn't that game bomb commercially, at least in Japan? I was shocked that Bandai Namco even bothered localizing the first game, especially since almost no one knew who half the cast was. The game itself was fairly decent, though.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well things are going to change in 5 days but

:4diddy::4sheik::4fox::4zss::4pikachu::4sonic::rosalina::4luigi: are probably the agreed-upon top with :4peach::4falcon::4mario::4ness::4yoshi::4megaman::4miibrawl: being up there as well, depending on who you ask.
Then I suppose I am fine with Peach as a main and Zelda as a secondary. ^^
But no, tier-whoring has never been my strong suit, I'm afraid.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Well things are going to change in 5 days but

:4diddy::4sheik::4fox::4zss::4pikachu::4sonic::rosalina::4luigi: are probably the agreed-upon top with :4peach::4falcon::4mario::4ness::4yoshi::4megaman::4miibrawl: being up there as well, depending on who you ask.
Is Luigi that good? I know he's commonly put up there, but I am unsure. I'd rather switch falcon with Luigi.

You know what the patch is going to do?

Destroy us all. #bnm

Soul.

speaking of the patch, 5 days left
**** pls no nerfs. nerf diddy and sheik
edit: actually just buff HSB

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Didn't that game bomb commercially, at least in Japan? I was shocked that Bandai Namco even bothered localizing the first game, especially since almost no one knew who half the cast was. The game itself was fairly decent, though.
Eh, not a fan of games based around sequences (I mean, at least the demo was only to get a timing down, 5 minutes in and it all became repetitive). But the fact they fused many franchises, that's a huge plus for it.

Last edited:
Even though Shulk's frame data was gutted for the range, I wouldn't mind a slight buff to his frame data (and landing lag on f-air)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Destroy us all. #bnm

Is Luigi that good? I know he's commonly put up there, but I am unsure. I'd rather switch falcon with Luigi.
iunno, I put him there because he's commonly put up there more than anything

I think I trust Luigi to do well against the likes of Diddy and Sheik more than Falcon, at the least.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Buff everyone cept the top tiers
shblam
everyone is pretty viable
It'd be a waaay better option than nerfing the top tiers
But it's hella unlikely because the Smash team is:drfacepalm:

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
You think they could change the hitstun / shieldstun too ? Cause shield, rolls and dodges aren't fun anymore...

Spirst

I really doubt universal mechanics would be changed. Just character modifications for irrelevant characters like Bowser Jr (who had his dthrow randomly nerfed) and Zelda (lol) while the more prevalent ones will stay the same.

#optimism

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Buff everyone cept the top tiers
shblam
everyone is pretty viable
It'd be a waaay better option than nerfing the top tiers
But it's hella unlikely because the Smash team is:drfacepalm:
Let's add MORE HITSTUN for MORE COMBOS because it'll make the game BETTER

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
****. I just burst out laughing while walking in a crowded hallway at work.

iunno, I put him there because he's commonly put up there more than anything

I think I trust Luigi to do well against the likes of Diddy and Sheik more than Falcon, at the least.
Yeah, but Luigi loses to people harder. I know B0ss went Mario/Falcon against Parcheesy's Rosalina. And the mega man MU is tough along with Mac and some others. Most tops don't have such notable bad MU's.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Destroy us all. #bnm
Luigi can get around 40%, probably more, out of one d-throw. You could argue that it's hard for him to get a grab, but his grab range is super surprising and is one of the fastest grabs I've ever come across. If your character is floaty in the SLIGHTEST, those 40% are gonna turn into around 70%.

So, yeah....

Also his frame data is better than Mario's and Luigi Cyclone is stupid as ****. He can literally just spam moves all day because none of them have any endlag whatsoever.

Though I don't think he's a real threat to Megaman because of how well the tin man zones people out.

Other than Diddy and maybe Sheik nerfs, I'm not sure on what to expect. We've seen some characters receive some questionable buffs and questionable nerfs in the roster. Some characters that didn't receive any tweaking even if they do deserve some changes. It sucks to know that there's a chance your meta will change for the better or for the worse depending on what the developers are thinking. I'm still having inner-fears that Shulk might get more landing lag on his n-air (which I think is a NO-NO) but then again, he's low tier in the Japanese tier list so a part of me is assured me that he might get either no changes/slight buffs.

Then I remember that Zelda got the most useless buff of all time. Lucina got nerfed for whatever reason. Bowser Jr also got nerfed by a bit as far as I remember.

Dammit Sakurai :|
Luigi can get around 40%, probably more, out of one d-throw. You could argue that it's hard for him to get a grab, but his grab range is super surprising and is one of the fastest grabs I've ever come across. If your character is floaty in the SLIGHTEST, those 40% are gonna turn into around 70%.

So, yeah....

Also his frame data is better than Mario's and Luigi Cyclone is stupid as ****. He can literally just spam moves all day because none of them have any endlag whatsoever.

Though I don't think he's a real threat to Megaman because of how well the tin man zones people out.
Luigi's frame data, damage output, and throw combos are legit dumb. Yeah. That's what makes him feared but he has some crippling flaws. Low traction, pretty much ass mobility. He's going to have difficulty against characters that zone well

Luigi blows horribly against Villager. That's for sure

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Luigi's frame data, damage output, and throw combos are legit dumb. Yeah. That's what makes him feared but he has some crippling flaws. Low traction, pretty much *** mobility. He's going to have difficulty against characters that zone well

Luigi blows horribly against Villager. That's for sure

Does he, now?

While Luigi's aerial mobility is super ****ty, yeah, he's actually surprisingly fast on the ground. Also, his fireball spam makes it awkward to even zone him. He doesn't have as much difficulty with zoning as you'd think.

Last edited:

Does he, now?

While Luigi's aerial mobility is super ****ty, yeah, he's actually surprisingly fast on the ground. Also, his fireball spam make it awkward to even zone him. He doesn't have as much difficulty with zoning as you'd think.
That's the general consensus among Luigi and Villager mains as far as I know.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
****. I just burst out laughing while walking in a crowded hallway at work.

Yeah, but Luigi loses to people harder. I know B0ss went Mario/Falcon against Parcheesy's Rosalina. And the mega man MU is tough along with Mac and some others. Most tops don't have such notable bad MU's.
:198:

Yeah, Luigi definitely has his problems. I wasn't a believer that he was even good for a long time, but it's hard to argue against results from so many different Luigis, and his numbers are straight-up silly.

I've been told he doesn't have as many problems with zoning as you'd think though (guess Fern beat me to that), but I'm not really in any position to argue it myself.
Being unable to punish shield pressure because he slides like
is probably going to be the #1 thing that makes me drop him.

I don't know much about the Villager vs Luigi. Just speaking coming fresh from the CCI thread (Luigi vs Villager was recently discussed)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Having played some actually pretty decent Luigis recently, I'd actually say it's even at worst for Luigi. His fireballs actually manage to zone Villager out better because the slingshots aren't nearly as fast as the fireballs. Luigi literally just has to stand there pressing B, and pocketing them is pointless because you achieve nothing by doing so. Lloyd can provide some cover for you as you approach, but after that Luigi only has to press grab to stuff you because his grab is ridiculous.

Where Villager shines is in his ability to gimp or stuff Luigi's recovery thanks to nair, but getting him off-stage is already a pain in the butt.

I do think Megaman will give Luigi much more trouble because MM is like four times better than Villager is at zoning.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
That's the general consensus among Luigi and Villager mains as far as I know.
Whatever. Not like I wanted to know what you tagged me for anyway.

Luigi outzones Villager with fireballs, imo, because fireballs>Lloid and Villager needs to be in the air in order to slingshot. Villager's a weird zoner in that respect. Pushy Lloid probably helps the MU a ton.

Whatever. Not like I wanted to know what you tagged me for anyway.

Luigi outzones Villager with fireballs, imo, because fireballs>Lloid and Villager needs to be in the air in order to slingshot. Villager's a weird zoner in that respect. Pushy Lloid probably helps the MU a ton.
Made a correction with my post. My bad

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'd dare to say I had less troubles as Zelda than I did with Villager when playing said Luigis :'D. Then again they probably had no idea how to fight Zelda.

Top Bottom