• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I kind of wanted to comment on other things in your post but I'm too drunk to think of G&W hypotheticals. Does Luigi get anything off Iceballs, or is it just the fact that they'll launch you when they hit due to freeze?

I thought Iceballs sounded really hype when I first found out they were a thing and noticed how they just linger and make walls, but recently I learned they have a ton of startup compared to other fireballs and I'm pretty sure ice can be mashed out of before he gets anything out of it.
Neither. It's that I can't bucket them.

Normally Luigi has to be careful throwing out Fireballs for days against Game & Watch, even with Oil Panic's stupid endlag. Yeah, he'll get a grab off of it, but so what? That's what he usually gains from his Fireballs (I do have to be careful of Super Jump Punch though). But three Fireballs gives me something very, very close to a OHKO. Between that, Game & Watch's disjointed hitboxes, and his gimping game, I see the MU as relatively even. With Iceballs, though, Game & Watch is forced to respect Luigi more and he doesn't gain anything from them.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
In all seriousness, I doubt Diddy will be nerfed as badly as Meta Knight was. That.,,just wasn't fair.

Oh right, if you're seeing anything on the "User viewing" panel, that other account isn't mine. Lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
^A prototype beserker :crazy:?
But... Metaknight deserves it. Now he's in mid tier. It wasn't that bad.
^This. MK was nerfed in a balanced way; he's still good but not broken like in Brawl.

I just got combo-spiked by Crazy hand's energy ball and Master Hand's ground punch. The hands are the most dangerous part of the entire Master core battle; they have several instant KO combos. I'm trying to beat it on 9 without customs; so far I've done it on 8.5. One mistake and you get combo-ed hard in all 5 forms :/

Last edited:

Soul.

I agree. He's the most f-air. In all seriousness, there's absolutely nothing fair about Diddy. Also, we have a correction here.

:4sheik:*:4fox:*:4pikachu::4zss::rosalina::4sonic:

Fox is sealed for number 3. Idk if Sheik will get nerfed or not. Maybe she will. Maybe she won't.
I swear if they give Sheik KO power in her moves....

Alphatron

Smash Champion
But... Metaknight deserves it. Now he's in mid tier. It wasn't that bad.
Meta Knight definitely deserved to be nerfed. But such a big nerf though? I think that's the biggest drop in viability between games since melee Kirby (who truly did not deserve that). Maybe it just seems like such a huge drop to me because he was so good in brawl to begin with.

Meta Knight is high tier in this game (Easily top 15 or top 20). That isn't a drop at all.

Oh and, imo

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Meta Knight definitely deserved to be nerfed. But such a big nerf though? I think that's the biggest drop in viability between games since melee Kirby (who truly did not deserve that). Maybe it just seems like such a huge drop to me because he was so good in brawl to begin with.
It was a huge drop, but he's still good.

oh for ****s sake.

I'm sorry.... It won't happen again. I promise....

Last edited:

Soul.

Melee Puff to Brawl Puff was actually the biggest drop.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Sheik could do less damage. Lol.

4% FAirs, 5% NAirs, and 6% Bairs would be hilarious.

In all seriousness, a Nerf to how fast needles charge and more endlag to vanish/whiffed BF would be enough for me to be satisfied and not destroy the character.

- Diddy's damage output, uair hitbox, and guaranteed kill setup needs to go. He'd still be a solid character.
- Pika's HSB needs a nerf, and the diminished ledge time is BS.
- Fox's jabs need to be less good.
- ZSS' BAir could use a less forgiving AC window.

Oh, and cancer's pivot grab should be slowed down by a couple frames, and the elbow hitbox of his fsmash should be a true sourspot and do less damage/knockback.

Last edited:

Soul.

Is nerfing HSB the only thing people are asking for.
Someone please post the in-game description

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
I hope Sakurai knows that Diddy is more than just grab-to-win now. Diddy's WHOLE moveset needs to be tweaked. Frame speed, end lag, damage output, knockback, KBG, range (**** his f-air). There are so much issues with his moveset
(Not an alt to @ Berserker. Berserker. he is my slave in real life)

Your Diddy salt from that tournament last month never left

I lost to the first placer's :4robinf: because cancer... (Since it was my :4link: that sent his:4shulk: to the loser's bracket and only died once against him hehe)

No effing clue how to play against her

Try dying this way https://gfycat.com/OrderlyNeedyDuckling (and see my salt after and sympathize)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Is nerfing HSB the only thing people are asking for.
Someone please post the in-game description
HSB is ridiculous. 15% 13f burst aerial that does more knockback than ganondorf's FAir? Oh, and you can charge it.

Berserker00 is the original Berserker. Numbers never lie.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Marf and Falco took a huge drop in competitive viability these two are legit awful, you know its bad when even a dedicated main states that their main sucks.

MKs viability is still good since most of the cast are mediocre, his player base shrank because of the higher skill floor and no longer being the God that he once was in brawl. Watch how everyone jumps on the next best character IF diddy gets nerfed, take that back watch who ZeRo will jump to next.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Marf and Falco took a huge drop in competitive viability these two are legit awful, you know its bad when even a dedicated main states that their main sucks.

MKs viability is still good since most of the cast are mediocre, his player base shrank because of the higher skill floor and no longer being the God that he once was in brawl. Watch how everyone jumps on the next best character IF diddy gets nerfed, take that back watch who ZeRo will jump to next.
I kind of want Swordfighter to be the next Diddy so people go from Swordfighter sux to Swordfighter OP in no time flat

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
HSB is ridiculous. 15% 13f burst aerial that does more knockback than ganondorf's FAir? Oh, and you can charge it.

He's clearly the prototype Berserker, maybe of the Super Prototype variation. We must stay alert.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Late in the Marvel discussion, but basically everyone runs Vergil/Doom and everyone has OHKO combos with DHC so it's boring.

I play Taskmaster/Doom/Dormammu, the ultimate keepaway team. :^)

I hope Sakurai doesn't overkill on nerfs like he did on Dedede and Greninja. I'm still expecting Zelda to be nerfed though lol. :^(

Soul.

I'd nerf it only slightly. The move was made to be powerful (lol slow with power), but I get what you're saying. It's punishable if it misses and has **** endlag; I don't know if this is a common counterargument.

Late in the Marvel discussion, but basically everyone runs Vergil/Doom and everyone has OHKO combos with DHC so it's boring.

I play Taskmaster/Doom/Dormammu, the ultimate keepaway team. :^)
You use Doom?

Lol plz die :p
After playing him for months I have a personal, Tsunderesque, attachment to Swordfighter
I can tell with your posts in the CCI thread. Haha

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
When I played Marvel I used Spider-Man/Deadpool/Morrigan =V

Also lol the price of the Greninja amiibo in the site I bought it is suddenly twice the price I bought it for and Robin's increased too. I knew it was a good idea to pre-order them there as soon as I could.

Top Bottom