• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
clapomg.gif

I heard about this drinking game ya'll made up when Machi can't make up about who to main. I want in.​

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Shielding against buster art sounds like a good idea Lavani :>

Whelp. I'm gonna die
I just wanted to shieldgrab

I didn't know I'd be dealing with gale force winds

I know you're focused on the failed edgeguard attempt but I'm more drawn to the "knocking someone into Luna's DSmash with Rosalina's" garbage, which I'm pretty sure was intentional.
Which only worked because Luma was getting hit by things and hadn't returned to me. :teeth:Both dsmashes hit by default when hitting an opponent behind you though

I pulled out a ton of situational Luma tech today. Jab desyncs are amusing.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Apparently Greninja's Up-Air and D-Air can both go through Megaman's Leaf Shield. It's kinda funny how bad Leaf Shield is at being, you know, a shield.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I believe Villager's and PAC-MAN's grabs hinder them because they effectively lose a good OoS option. Pac at least has his obnoxious Up-B and I guess Villager's customs are okay? It depends on when the exploding balloons are generated and when BHJ hits. And his frame 3 NAir (frame 9 factoring in jumpsquat) is decent too. But his pivot grab is where it's at, it's very entertaining to scoop up characters out of their movement specials.

I got a Judge chain (not Chain Judge) again today. This one was a 3 to 4 to 9. The 3 caught him off-guard, he missed the tech on the 4, which led to the 9. Aside from that, though, I need to work on my unpredictability with him because right now I'm very linear.

And honestly I'm not sure who all Game & Watch beats. I know he beats :4jigglypuff: (or at least I think he does). Other potentials IMO: :4kirby::4lucario::4rob::4samus::4wiifit::4zelda:. He goes close with :4drmario::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4luigi::4mario::4ness::4pikachu::4robinm: but Luigi probably tilts in the green man's favor with Iceball involved. He may also beat :4miigun: but I literally have 0 MU experience.

But it's a pretty depressing MU spread, mainly because he doesn't have very many fast buttons. Heavies deserve an honorable mention because it's all about momentum. He can juggle and gimp them for days but they're decent at keeping him out and if you mess up since you're probably dead.

I don't really like rage. :V

Has anyone played any Pokémon Romhacks (is it forbidden to talk about this I can edit it out)?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash/v/4011243
GUYS I GOT TO FIGHT, and get bodied, BY LOF FALSE AHHHHHH
4:32:00

bonus
00:24:25
I got LoF False-Senpai to say he loves me <333333333333333333
and I am creepy the end

Now it's time for me to sleep because I should sleep
Whoa Elu, for someone facing a bad MU you did really well against him.

Well, during the first match at least.

You probably did better than I could hope to.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I like his new NAir tbh, it just has terrible frame advantage.

FAir also hits below him and his new DAir is... better, at least.
New fair and dair and way better. But in general, it's really hard for me to land safely once I get into the air. I don't even have this problem with Charizard.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
New fair and dair and way better. But in general, it's really hard for me to land safely once I get into the air. I don't even have this problem with Charizard.
I remember when you went kamikaze on me with a D-Air spike with Bowser and even though you hit, you killed yourself and while the game was going in slow motion as the match ended, it showed that I would still make it back to the ledge.

I love Greninja's recovery so much.

Also real talk am I the only one who does a lot of jump-cancelled Up-Smashes when I just want to quickly jump and Up-Air?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Kirby is one of the characters I'm worst at fighting I think.

He ducks so many things, especially with his landing animation. Rosa's jab grab usmash nair (hey look, my four favorite moves!) whiff for days. Might be easier offline where I can consistently tech dair before dsmash, but I clearly need to work it into my mind to use tilts more and jabs less against him...oh and I dunno how I'm supposed to kill without usmash lol.

Dedede is dumb on wifi. I see all his **** coming but can't do a thing about it. lolwifi

but Luigi probably tilts in the green man's favor with Iceball involved.
I kind of wanted to comment on other things in your post but I'm too drunk to think of G&W hypotheticals. Does Luigi get anything off Iceballs, or is it just the fact that they'll launch you when they hit due to freeze?

I thought Iceballs sounded really hype when I first found out they were a thing and noticed how they just linger and make walls, but recently I learned they have a ton of startup compared to other fireballs and I'm pretty sure ice can be mashed out of before he gets anything out of it.

I remember when you went kamikaze on me with a D-Air spike with Bowser and even though you hit, you killed yourself and while the game was going in slow motion as the match ended, it showed that I would still make it back to the ledge.

I love Greninja's recovery so much.

Also real talk am I the only one who does a lot of jump-cancelled Up-Smashes when I just want to quickly jump and Up-Air?
You definitely aren't the only one.

BUT

If you only lightly tilt up, it won't give you a usmash and you can even buffer your uair! It's kind of tough on 3DS and even harder during a match, idk how it compares on Wii U, but it's a thing.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I went for the dair spike because I was doomed regardless lol. Earlier on in that match, I accidentally SD'd too.

I want to have some matches with you again sometime in the future. You're pretty much the best Greninja I've played against and I didn't know what he was capable of. It was a good experience!

Soul.

Thanks. You're pikachu is just about the best I've seen, and that thunder spike lol

I was really scared that captain falcon match too, where you got to like %250 lol

Anyway ggs
That's like, one of the many first times I've seen someone say my Pikachu is good lol
The Kirby matches were hilarious great too. Falcon matches.... eh, lmao 250% and still not KO'd. "Amazing DI"

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I was at my very first live hockey game tonight, and I noticed that the guy behind me was ordering beer. He ordered one with his GF 15 minutes into the game. An hour-ish later, he got... another one. And those ain't cheap, ya know (I sure wouldn't buy one).

Then I thought it was probably a sign.

Turns out I was right.

It was around the time when Macchiato changed mains. Twice. He took one for the team and did dem drinks for us~ :^)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I went for the dair spike because I was doomed regardless lol. Earlier on in that match, I accidentally SD'd too.

I want to have some matches with you again sometime in the future. You're pretty much the best Greninja I've played against and I didn't know what he was capable of. It was a good experience!
Everytime people say that my Greninja is the best they've played I pretty much think "Well, you probalby haven't played against many in the first place" =V

If you only lightly tilt up, it won't give you a usmash and you can even buffer your uair! It's kind of tough on 3DS and even harder during a match, idk how it compares on Wii U, but it's a thing.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Whenever I accidentally jump-cancel Up-Smash I get upset because I often lose an opportunity to start a juggle.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Bu-but muh Spinosaurus D:
NO.

In all seriousness, though, I'm at least glad Owen seems to have a personality, even if he comes off as a douche. He looked super bland in the trailers.

The bad thing is that, eh... here comes a pretty big rant, so it's okay if you tl;dr me.

At least from what can be seen in the clip, they took a completely gender neutral saga and turned it into a man vs woman relationship >_>. And a pretty stereotypical one at that. Owen's the very basic "manly" dude that rides bikes, talks about sex, hunts and tames dinosaurs where the girl (dunno her name yet) is clean, classy, feminine, controlling and seemingly somewhat superficial, judging from her quote on his attire during their date.

In JP we had the "triangle" between Ellie, Alan and Ian, which never really was a triangle cause Ellie had a very strong and stablished personality and character that was way beyond simple gender squares, which is reflected brilliantly when she takes the dino poop sample and both "boys" are like "ew." Then she reinforces the movie's gender neutrality when she tells Hammond's well-intentioned sexism off. Lex is another great example because she's never, EVER encased in any sort of "girl" archetype. She's a kid who likes computers and that's her basic scheme.

In TLW, Sarah was already pretty hardcore to begin with, what with going to DINOSAUR ISLAND completely on her own, and even though she's introduced to the film's story as Ian's old love interest, their relationship isn't based around gender stereotypes either. They also don't have opposing points of view on anything, except perhaps Sarah's recklessness vs Ian's caution that comes from his bad experiences at Isla Nublar. Kelly is also a super neutral character, her biggest quirks being that she's a gymnast and doesn't listen to orders much.

I won't talk about Tea Leoni in JP3 because JP3 is a train wreck, awesome Spinosaurus or not.

Anyways, my point is that I'm a bit concerned with the direction they're taking the apparent only important female character in JW, since they're imposing stereotypically womanly characteristics on her, and also making her the ethical "bad guy" along with Masrani, given that she's the representation of InGen's philosophy of creating and controlling. Then we have Owen, who seems to be a really stereotypical action movie male lead, having the "good" JP ethics of respect towards nature. It's obvious he won't be the one to have character development too :'D.

Of course, I', probably getting way ahead of myself with these suppositions, but I've seen enough Hollywood blockbusters to get a good idea of where this is (or might be) going. I just hope I'm not disappointed -or worse: angered- about the choices they take with their characters, cause even though they never were particularly deep, the characters in the old Jurassic Park films always were pretty great, gender neutral role models for kids of all ages and backgrounds. I'd hate to see JW poop all over that just for the sake of comedy or accessibility :(

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wasting time trying to figure out how DI works in this game

headaches

wish I had a Wii U, I want to try angles that items can't give me

EDIT: I'll just leave it at this for now I guess, not much more I can test with.

Bob-omb: :GCDR:(toward stage)
Deku Nut (aerial; 90°): :GCL: or :GCR:

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Gorls, I think Zeldas in general should implement more nair into their edgeguarding game. It can be surprisingly effective against a lot of recoveries but everyone is going for dair all the time.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Gorls, I think Zeldas in general should implement more nair into their edgeguarding game. It can be surprisingly effective against a lot of recoveries but everyone is going for dair all the time.
That's because dair is amazing.

Who are you using nair for, though? Horizontal recoveries like Falco Phantasm?

I mean, they don't exactly cover the same areas around Zelda, so they don't seem like they'd have much overlap in when you'd use them.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I mean, they don't exactly cover the same areas around Zelda, so they don't seem like they'd have much overlap in when you'd use them.
You could Jab, Ftilt, Dtilt, Side Smash, Down Smash, or Phantom Slash Falco... I love the hitbox on Falco Phantasm. I. LOVE. IT. :glare:

Soul.

Guys my dad works at Nintendo and he told me Pikachu players should jab lock more

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

A falling nair can cover a ridic amount of space for a long time too, thanks to the multihit, and specially cause the last hit is pretty huge. Zelda being able to go real deep makes it so you can cover like 90 -120 degrees of the pit with it. It wouldn't do much against characters with really great recoveries like the Pits, Villager, Sonic (probably), but it can certainly work to take away double jumps and push regular up-Bs away, and even just to harass and rack damage up against recoveries like Rosalina's. Anyone with a purely or mostly vertical Up-B is done for if they get hit, and it can also work against horizontal recoveries. You can also control where the opponent gets knocked back by moving Zelda in the x axis, so you can choose to push them away or to try and stage spike them.

I won't argue that dair is an amazing meteor, though.

Top Bottom