• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Our toughest matchup is against Sonic, and that's only +1 in his favor. Even so, that can change as our meta develops. (I personally feel that it's going to end up even)
yo what

when is pacman taking the #1 spot

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Great response !

Pacman is truly unique, however how does he fair against the 'top tiered' characters? Where does he stand in the customs on metagame ?
Pac Man actually does pretty well against the top tiers because he's got so much **** to handle their approaches and control the battlefield. Specially with customs. The weird spazzy fruits, fire hydrant and meteor trampoline are pretty fearsome while not being janky like most customs are.

I won't say he's even against them, but he can definitely surprise people because he's such a deep character. I'll say that once you start learning his tricks it becomes a tad easier to look out for specific stuff, but he can still hold his ground pretty well. I'd say one of his worse MUs is Rosalina, but there are plenty of characters that can deal with her. Plus, Rosalina is not so top if you know how to fight her.

Does anyone else have a low tier main that they love to use just to challenge themselves?
Bruh.

These are the Zelda boards.

BRUH.

(I know there are a lot of non-Zelda mains here, inbefore people start raining **** on me).

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
@ Soul. Soul. You still playing?

So like, I think they should nerf the crap out of C. Falcon. Like, if they removed him I'd be happy. If I was to be honest, C. Falcon is my second most wanted character to be nerfed. I'm sure you know who's 1st :4greninja:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
yo what

when is pacman taking the #1 spot
Lol
The thing is, he doesn't really beat any of the top tiers badly outside of Luigi and Falcon. Everything else is like 55:45 in either their or our favor, even , or 60:40 in their favor (rosa and sonic)

...we would be top tier if it weren't for our gross grab

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Pac Man actually does pretty well against the top tiers because he's got so much **** to handle their approaches and control the battlefield. Specially with customs. The weird spazzy fruits, fire hydrant and meteor trampoline are pretty fearsome while not being janky like most customs are.

I won't say he's even against them, but he can definitely surprise people because he's such a deep character. I'll say that once you start learning his tricks it becomes a tad easier to look out for specific stuff, but he can still hold his ground pretty well. I'd say one of his worse MUs is Rosalina, but there are plenty of characters that can deal with her. Plus, Rosalina is not so top if you know how to fight her.
Thanks for the imput !

I am quite aware that Pacman has some interesting AT. I'll just have to test him out more before I pick up a third main.

Soul.

@ Soul. Soul. You still playing?

So like, I think they should nerf the crap out of C. Falcon. Like, if they removed him I'd be happy. If I was to be honest, C. Falcon is my second most wanted character to be nerfed. I'm sure you know who's 1st :4greninja:
yes. hang on a sec
also no lol don't nerf falcon. I don't want him to be like Brawl

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Like Hawlucha, right, @ Lavani Lavani ? =V
I don't think Hawlucha's even something I'd call a favorite. It just seemed like it'd make for an interesting fighter while also having a legitimate chance due to recency.

but I should totally break out the proxies and send in a kajillion votes for Breloom now.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
No he's too broken

:4charizard::4drmario::4gaw::4lucina::rosalina::4peach::4pikachu::4zelda::4wiifit:
Which one do I pick?
Chairzaird

He's like, untapped potential imo

I think I saw some random dude (just a pro player I haven't seen before) beat False's shiek with him sometime. Plus, nair and up-b

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Lol
The thing is, he doesn't really beat any of the top tiers badly outside of Luigi and Falcon. Everything else is like 55:45 in either their or our favor, even , or 60:40 in their favor (rosa and sonic)

That's surprisingly close to Greninja's situation.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
For the person who wants a challenging character play style to master, play Jigglypuff or Mac. Puff is probably one of the most difficult characters to master (optimizing rest punishes) and Mac requires advanced movement along with using jab defensively.

Peach and Shulk are probably next in terms of difficulty.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Lol

At least it isn't Villager's.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
For the person who wants a challenging character play style to master, play Jigglypuff or Mac. Puff is probably one of the most difficult characters to master (optimizing rest punishes) and Mac requires advanced movement along with using jab defensively.

Wouldn't Wii fit be up there because lol janky hitboxes

Rizen

Smash Legend
Tether grabs always get a raw deal in Smash :( (not counting Olimar's)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh yeah, and rosa is a bit of a pain.
Although GP isn't that bad if you play mid range.
why do projectile users act like they're hard countered by GP

it's as much of a commitment as a smash attack and doesn't put out hitboxes, I'm afraid to even press downB unless I'm across the stage because I can get punished for it so badly.

I'd only recommend puff if you're playing offline, Rest is hell in even slight lag.

At least it isn't Villager's.
At least Villager has a crazy strong bthrow (and honestly Villager's standing/pivot grab are barely slower with better range)

Another similarity?
Not to mention, Amazing Ampharos thinks that both of our characters are trash...

So which one of us is the clone again?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Try to be good with all the characters. Main the one you are most successful with.
My advice isn't very good. It depends on what you want to achieve. If you seek to win, I would recommend maining 'top tiered' characters. Even I do not follow this advice.

If I had to be honest, the character I'm most successful with is Diddy Kong. I could have easily main him and get higher tournament placings than I would have maining Zelda. However, I main her because her playstyle intrigues/suits me.

Another reason I main Zelda is to prove to myself and others that you can still do well competitively with a 'low tiered' character. When I fight players after pools it always felt like an uphill climb. I feel it is a great test of my skill as a player.

Besides, the feeling of winning an unfavorable matchup with her is great. :chuckle:

Shoutouts to @Nairo and @vennn for helping me see the light.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ

it's as much of a commitment as a smash attack and doesn't put out hitboxes, I'm afraid to even press downB unless I'm across the stage because I can get punished for it so badly.
I really don't know why other projectile users fear it.

For Pac-Man, it's that we don't like our fruit stolen, but we can literally just pick it back up slightly outside of mid range or closer.

The Pac-Man mains freaked out about it at first, but I always felt that the matchup was even while other pac-mains feel that it's 40:60

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

I'd only recommend puff if you're playing offline, Rest is hell in even slight lag.
Pacman has to work really hard for his fruit/hydrant traps and GP just says lol. Retreating SH GP>LLNAir says hi.

And yeah, forgot about the whole WiFi thing. If you want a technical character to master, know you will not be able to play your best online. You can play well online... But don't expect your play to equal offline.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Pacman has to work really hard for his fruit/hydrant traps and GP just says lol. Retreating SH GP>LLNAir says hi.

And yeah, forgot about the whole WiFi thing. If you want a technical character to master, know you will not be able to play your best online. You can play well online... But don't expect your play to equal offline.
You really don't want to use the hydrant as a trap against rosa. It's completely ineffective.
Instead, Pac-Man has to play a patient bait and punish game with rosa and use the hydrant to crush Luma from above until he can get in safely. GP my hydrant in CQC, and you're eating a punish.

Fruit use becomes more straightforward in this matchup because traps become less useful. Although, you can still use trampoline traps since rosa can't GP that

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Ness recovering begs to differ :(
What's 'GP' stand for?
Gravitational Pull, Rosie's down B.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ah. GP doesn't affect Link too much since he can time bombs to explode, Zair, Bomb Fsmash or bait and punish it.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
You really don't want to use the hydrant as a trap against rosa. It's completely ineffective.
Instead, Pac-Man has to play a patient bait and punish game with rosa and use the hydrant to crush Luma from above until he can get in safely.
That's how everyone has to play against Rosalina, though. You simply can't fight her like you'd fight anyone else because you'll get wrecked if you do. Fighting Rosalina for everyone (except the tops, maybe, I dunno) is basically just playing footsies with Luma until you get an opening to kill Luma and then capitalize on it. I know Pac loses a lot of his traps and set ups but honestly once Luma's gone you don't really need them that bad.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Omg Antony bringing CONTROVERSY.

Completely off-topic, though, apparently this is how big Mexico is compared to Europe.

Hahaha even I didn't know if was so ****ing huge. And it would be bigger if we hadn't lost the Texan territory in the war like two centuries ago :'Du

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I literally spent all day cleaning :v
I'm soooo tired
Brb I'm gonna go curl up and die now

Last edited:
Top Bottom