• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

Lol, Spirst you troll, i'd love to see that happen sometime in the future. : 3 If that ever happens maybe i'll use a weird icon like this:

Agreed, it's nice to be a scrub killer with :4shulk: on For Glory and being one of the only Shulk users on there. : 3
This doll is literally my #WCE.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
"Zelda might be one of someone's worst matchups" is something I never thought I'd hear in my life
I'm happy to see her being viable enough in this game to be a very bad matchup for someone <3

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
GGs, sorry this lag is horrible.
Ah, that why you left? Was about to say I don't know what bizarre universe is beating my Rosalina one time considered "learning the mu." :p

Lag or not though, your ganondorf needs works though. Ganondorfs main draw is capitalizing on mistakes, so if I, a person who frequently makes mistakes, can only barely win against you, imagine more pro players.

I also need work on making less mistakes of course. And I need to learn how to fight links. I'm just not patient enough for them. >.>

GGs almost forgot sorry. :p

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ah, that why you left? Was about to say I don't know what bizarre universe is beating my Rosalina one time considered "learning the mu." :p

Lag or not though, your ganondorf needs works though. Ganondorfs main draw is capitalizing on mistakes, so if I, a person who frequently makes mistakes, can only barely win against you, imagine more pro players.

I also need work on making less mistakes of course. And I need to learn how to fight links. I'm just not patient enough for them. >.>

GGs almost forgot sorry. :p
It was too laggy to learn anything, punish or even have buttons register lol.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
People talking about ganon
go to find picture on internet to describe my ganon
find something else instead

edit: I'm sure he cooks with lots of salt

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think I ran into someone from smashboards on FG

It's always nice to play someone good with a good connection

It's always bad when your 3DS starts whining about its battery and you have to quit

also IT JUST STARTED SNOWING, WHY IS IT SNOWING IN APRIL

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I think I ran into someone from smashboards on FG

It's always nice to play someone good with a good connection

It's always bad when your 3DS starts whining about its battery and you have to quit

also IT JUST STARTED SNOWING, WHY IS IT SNOWING IN APRIL
I ran into someone on smashboards on fg a few days ago. Except they haven't really posted anything, but I got his friendcode

Edit: what day is the 3ds social tournament again?

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I ran into someone on smashboards on fg a few days ago. Except they haven't really posted anything, but I got his friendcode

Edit: what day is the 3ds social tournament again?
26th? idk if it's finalized yet

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
26th? idk if it's finalized yet
Mm okay... I think I might be doing something the 28th, so I was just checking. I hope it really is the 26th

I'm guessing customs in the tournament is finalised though?

Last edited:

Soul.

Any competent Pikachu will not be using Skull Bash when Uber Frog is using Sub. This is why I prefer Heavy Skull Bash in the air. Shorter distance means Substitute whiffs. Still though customs = power creep

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I've decided that if I ever decide to main/secondary Greninja I'm going to base my style completely on down taunt and Substitute doll jank

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
@ FullMoon FullMoon sorry I'm not up for smash right now. Maybe tomorrow.
Oh okay, I still need to have dinner anyway

Sorry, I meant after using Substitute, using the doll/log that spawns to interrupt those recoveries by hitting it off the stage.

Also using the doll to purposely trigger the backwards Shadow Sneak is a thing, right?

Edit: @ FullMoon FullMoon your colors killed my quotes :(

If someone actualy manages to make the doll/log block a recovery like that, that person needs to be given a medal because I have no idea how someone would be able to do that consistently

And Greninja does not target items or objects with Shadow Sneak so he won't try to hit the doll/log. You can see that by trying to hit a Sandbag from behind in the training room online.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm pretty much the best edgeguarder ever guys

and Substitute doll jank
Stand behind the doll when people go for things like Ganon usmash, watch the hitlag suddenly make them hilariously punishable.

Love the sub.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
And Greninja does not target items or objects with Shadow Sneak so he won't try to hit the doll/log. You can see that by trying to hit a Sandbag from behind in the training room online.
Really? Dang. At least dair is "safe" above :substitute:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
fyi you can choose which attack you do out of shadow sneak by holding forward/back

I forgot about dair on the doll to make it safe, that was even the thing I was most excited about when we were looking at Substitute on the Greninja boards forever ago lol

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Stand behind the doll when people go for things like Ganon usmash, watch the hitlag suddenly make them hilariously punishable.

Love the sub.
I think the purpose of the doll was to make the attack that triggered the counter suffer hitlag enough so that Greninja can hit them even after they give plenty of time to choose what direction you're going in.

It probably didn't work as intended.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think the purpose of the doll was to make the attack that triggered the counter suffer hitlag enough so that Greninja can hit them even after they give plenty of time to choose what direction you're going in.

It probably didn't work as expected.
It'd be great if it actually came out in a way that allowed for that, and would explain why he takes like, 40 freaking frames before he actually kicks them.

Hooray something new to hope for in 1.0.6!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I was playing FG the other day against some decent Greninja player and he used Substitute on Zelda's Phantom.

Greninja disappeared, the phantom hit the doll, and I just stood there forever trapped in Zelda's endlag as Greninja came out of my back and killed me at like 60%.

I was like "f*ck you so hard, Zelda."

Soul.

6 more days.
Gonna keep getting bored on FG until someone asks me to play on 3DS

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I was playing FG the other day against some decent Greninja player and he used Substitute on Zelda's Phantom.

Greninja disappeared, the phantom hit the doll, and I just stood there forever trapped in Zelda's endlag as Greninja came out of my back and killed me at like 60%.

I was like "f*ck you so hard, Zelda."
Wait, why does the Phantom's hitlag cause Zelda to remain vulnerable if her animation is probably going as normal? Is Zelda just magically bound to the Phantom to the point she can't do anything until it's done attacking?

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
6 more days.
Gonna keep getting bored on FG until someone asks me to play on 3DS
I can play you soon. I'll probably be practicing my lucario, so hope you can stand the aura

Edit: it also depends on the lag. I think last time we played it was lagging a bit, but we'll see I guess

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wait, why does the Phantom's hitlag cause Zelda to remain vulnerable if her animation is probably going as normal? Is Zelda just magically bound to the Phantom to the point she can't do anything until it's done attacking?
He just means Phantom has years of endlag, Zelda isn't affected by the phantom being in hitlag.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Love the sub.
liek if u crie evry teim

Top Bottom