• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Changed to original avatar in celebration of my one year anniversary on Smashboards! Love Greninja's water katanas ^_^
Ooo... fried plantains... *drools*

Anyway, I have a midterm on April 15, so it'll be **** regardless...
Plantains are great! Have you ever had plantain chips (made with the green plantains) before?
I suppose it's because Falco has been top/high tier in all the other games that people are sick of seeing him. :/

Falco's pretty cool imo.
I honestly hated Falco in Brawl and Melee, but I find him fun to play now and I enjoy watching the rare high level Falco footage in Sm4sh. He's had a rough time. I feel bad for him now. I hope that he eventually gets some respect and recognition in this game.
Pikachu hasn't been the spotlight in all of Smash 4. Most likely never will because of Ninja Zelda and Primate Overlord.
Yes, Mouse is good. Why nerf a character that isn't as problematic as the two characters I just mentioned.
Why is Pikachu so slept on and underused? He screams top 5 material (personally, I think he's tied with Sonic as 3rd best) with Quick Attack, an amazing combo game, excellent edgeguard game, a solid projectile and decent enough kill power. At least his under-representation makes him less of a candidate for nerfs.
why does everyone on FG try and sass with a taunt after they get any random kill

I always gotta sass em back and show em what real sass is

I'll admit that I taunt after kills generally, but I do it to see the animation instead of actually taunting. I try to refrain from doing so online though, because I know that most other people view taunts differently than I do. Never after an SD though. That's just plain disrespectful.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
WFT's usmash with Deep Breathing iirc kills earlier than Ganon's usmash, Shulk's usmash with Smash, Olimar's usmash with Purple Pikmin

literally who designed this

Also I feel like Greninja has a lot of potentially weird techniques, using dtaunt to combo or put opponent in disadvantage, using the Substitute :substitute: to interrupt recoveries of :4falcon:Raptor boost, :4charizard:Flare Blitz, :4miibrawl:Onslaught, :4miisword:Airborne Assault, :4myfriends:Quick Draw, :4ness:PK Thunder 2, :4pikachu:Skull Bash, :4pit:Upperdash Arm, :4darkpit:Electroshock Arm

@ FullMoon FullMoon are there any Greninja ATs that use dtaunt or :substitute:
I believe I saw once a technique where you could slide with Substitute off the ledge in a perfect horizontal line, which can be useful to interrupt those recoveries. Also, inclde Luigi's Green Missile.

I've already done it to Pikachu before

Out of curiosity, is Greninja your favourite pokemon?

Yes. It used to be Darkrai but just how awesome Greninja looked in his Smash trailer made the frog jump to first place in my personal list. Same thing with Gallade once Mega Gallade happened, he went to second place =P

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think today in the Pokemon anime, we get to see Heliolisk do some damage :D

Soul.

WFT's usmash with Deep Breathing iirc kills earlier than Ganon's usmash, Shulk's usmash with Smash, Olimar's usmash with Purple Pikmin

Also I feel like Greninja has a lot of potentially weird techniques, using dtaunt to combo or put opponent in disadvantage, using the Substitute :substitute: to interrupt recoveries of :4falcon:Raptor boost, :4charizard:Flare Blitz, :4miibrawl:Onslaught, :4miisword:Airborne Assault, :4myfriends:Quick Draw, :4ness:PK Thunder 2, :4pikachu:Skull Bash, :4pit:Upperdash Arm, :4darkpit:Electroshock Arm

no one is going to use Skull Bash when Greninja uses Substitute

Spirst

Changed to original avatar in celebration of my one year anniversary on Smashboards! Love Greninja's water katanas ^_^
My original avatar was this:

I didn't post for 3 years on this account so that picture just sat there...waiting. When I did start posting, it apparently creeped some people out (why) and I eventually changed it to a Greninja one. Maybe I'll go back to this one and terrorize the kiddies on the boards.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

D-taunt is situational, but you can use it as a followup to U-tilt at low percents and then afterwards get an U-smash (very low percents) or Dash Attack (low percents) depending on the trajectory. Difficult to pull off in an actual match because the stun on U-tilt doesn't last enough for it to truly combo into the taunt.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
That's why you use Substitute after Pikachu begins charging Skull Bash so you leave him with no other choice other than kill himself by charging at the counter.

Or hell you can just read a Skull Bash use, it's not hard to do.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Btw, I'm fine with taunting when you're playing with friends but mostly because of the messages you can attach to taunts.@Latte has a cute taunt that says "Oops" every time he SDs and it's always funny :'D

It's also fine when the match starts and both start taunting cause it's actually player communication. But come on, taunting after someone SDs is just pathetic.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I think people who get ticked off by taunting take the game way too seriously. Why are you letting this random person affect you. You don't know them. You never will know them.

its a waste of time to get all annoyed over it. just tip your metaphorical hat and play on.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Bro, you dropped something.

Oh wait, it's your tongue. Didn't it hurt when you bit it off?
I love how you claim stuff that isn't true, it's like if you dream hard enough and cry into you pillow at night it might just happen in your fantasy world

Rizen

Smash Legend
What's up? Yeah that dog gif looks freaky, cupcakes and babies are serious business y'all. I'm feeling mentally fatigued by can't sleep yet :/

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I love how you claim stuff that isn't true, it's like if you dream hard enough and cry into you pillow at night it might just happen in your fantasy world
tumblr_mbdnqur20F1r3ty02o1_500.gif

lol gorl, are you trying to throw shade? Everyone knows that you have to be fabulous to be able to throw shade, sis. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Soul.

That's why you use Substitute after Pikachu begins charging Skull Bash so you leave him with no other choice other than kill himself by charging at the counter.

Or hell you can just read a Skull Bash use, it's not hard to do.
It's kinda stupid to use it when you know Greninja is going to Sub. Are we talking about Skull Bash in general or when it's used on the ledge?
Why is Pikachu so slept on and underused? He screams top 5 material (personally, I think he's tied with Sonic as 3rd best) with Quick Attack, an amazing combo game, excellent edgeguard game, a solid projectile and decent enough kill power. At least his under-representation makes him less of a candidate for nerfs.
Pikachu is being slept on because people think it isn't worthwhile thanks to Primate Overlord and Ninja Zelda. It's underused because well, it's always been underused. Except on 64.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

lol gorl, are you trying to throw shade? Everyone knows that you have to be fabulous to be able to throw shade, sis. :secretkpop:
Nash, don't be rude. Not everyone was born sassy. It's a gift you have to share, not boast about it~

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
:4megaman: is so fun to use.

Played some dude on anthers and i 3 stocked his Marf.

Me: Are you new to this game?

Him: No, but its my first time on anthers

Me: I see

Then i picked :4megaman: and did the @ Locke 06 Locke 06 if MK is to get nerfed in this patch imma use this cancer.

Who else loves :4megaman:?
Polio. It's growing. Soon.

But in all seriousness, Mega Man is a scrub killer. People who don't know how to deal with projectiles get walled out. People who don't know how to space aerials get utilt'ed. People who are easy to read get punished hard. He's definitely fun to use, but it is quite a grind against good players since his damage output is Sheik like outside of uair and item-metal blade combos.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
It's kinda stupid to use it when you know Greninja is going to Sub. Are we talking about Skull Bash in general or when it's used on the ledge?
I'm talking about using it to recover, once Pika starts charging Skull Bash, it's easy for Greninja to just get in his and Substitute when the player isn't expecting it, and considering Substitute is probably never going to be used against Pika other than for that, it's pretty easy to forget it.

It's not like Greninja is going to be spamming Substitute either, it's just a pretty effective mix-up to edgeguard Pika.

warionumbah2

Smash Master

But in all seriousness, Mega Man is a scrub killer. People who don't know how to deal with projectiles get walled out. People who don't know how to space aerials get utilt'ed. People who are easy to read get punished hard. He's definitely fun to use, but it is quite a grind against good players since his damage output is Sheik like outside of uair and item-metal blade combos.
I'll use him if my opponent gets bodied by my MK. Or to piss someone off, its funny seeing people go for the aerial approach and i throw out the uair to cover it lol. Fools.

Do you play with C-Stick set to attack or C-Stick set to Smash?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'm talking about using it to recover, once Pika starts charging Skull Bash, it's easy for Greninja to just get in his and Substitute when the player isn't expecting it, and considering Substitute is probably never going to be used against Pika other than for that, it's pretty easy to forget it.

It's not like Greninja is going to be spamming Substitute either, it's just a pretty effective mix-up to edgeguard Pika.
You gotta play some better Pikas buddy.

Edit: I use c-stick smash. Need it for PP dsmash, Usmash OoS, and quick fsmash punishes. Tilt stick would be nice for FH-AC Uair which often comes out as jump canceled Usmash or I'm too late for the auto-cancel window. But I think optimal layout is smash.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I believe I saw once a technique where you could slide with Substitute off the ledge in a perfect horizontal line, which can be useful to interrupt those recoveries. Also, inclde Luigi's Green Missile.

I've already done it to Pikachu before
Sorry, I meant after using Substitute, using the doll/log that spawns to interrupt those recoveries by hitting it off the stage.

Also using the doll to purposely trigger the backwards Shadow Sneak is a thing, right?

Edit: @ FullMoon FullMoon your colors killed my quotes :(

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
My original avatar was this:

I didn't post for 3 years on this account so that picture just sat there...waiting. When I did start posting, it apparently creeped some people out (why) and I eventually changed it to a Greninja one. Maybe I'll go back to this one and terrorize the kiddies on the boards.
Lol, Spirst you troll, i'd love to see that happen sometime in the future. : 3 If that ever happens maybe i'll use a weird icon like this:

Agreed, it's nice to be a scrub killer with :4shulk: on For Glory and being one of the only Shulk users on there. : 3

Last edited:
Top Bottom