• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
why does everyone on FG try and sass with a taunt after they get any random kill

I always gotta sass em back and show em what real sass is

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
oh also, I played a good sheik online (on ladder) and saved some replays. Even though it's online, hopefully it helps people with the mu now that they have a visual D:. I'll try to upload it somehow.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Blergh I got a phone call during that last match and had to divide my attention :/.

why does everyone on FG try and sass with a taunt after they get any random kill

I always gotta sass em back and show what real sass is

I've always thought people who taunt after a kill, but specially after the opponent SDs, are like, the scum of Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
smh I don't have time to look through 5 new pages. Sorry gorls :///

Ok so in the Robin MU thread someone was posting their opinions on Robin's MU's and for Zelda they said
+1
:4zelda: Has a non-spammable projectile and a bad reflector, and not much else.
At first I was like wtf...but then I realized it's kind of true :^(

@ Macchiato Macchiato They also think Robin wins against Zelda. Is it time for another mini MU raid like the Rosalina vs. Zelda one where you completely blew everyone away? :^)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol I just met a guy on FG who used Iggy. He won the first two matches because I was being really stupid and wasn't punishing his mistakes. Then he switched to Rosalina, presumably to show me how he's better with her than I am. All he did was roll around the stage, spamming dash attacks and smashes. Then he would stand on the edge of the stage and charge Luma Shot. I'd punish him for it every time he did it, yet he kept charging it. His Rosalina was awful. I taunted after each kill to assert my dominance and then left after I won.

I've never had anyone do that to me before, but I can see why people hate it. I'm just glad I won or it would've been embarrassing.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
If I ever see other Rosalina's on for glory I ALWAYS ditto them. Rosalina Ditto's are really fun.

Also: Hello Everyone! How are you all?

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
lol I just met a guy on FG who used Iggy. He won the first two matches because I was being really stupid and wasn't punishing his mistakes. Then he switched to Rosalina, presumably to show me how he's better with her than I am. All he did was roll around the stage, spamming dash attacks and smashes. Then he would stand on the edge of the stage and charge Luma Shot. I'd punish him for it every time he did it, yet he kept charging it. His Rosalina was awful. I taunted after each kill to assert my dominance and then left after I won.

I've never had anyone do that to me before, but I can see why people hate it. I'm just glad I won or it would've been embarrassing.
clap.gif

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What to do tomorrow...

University work, J-Stars, Smash Bros., Pokemon Rumble or Monster Hunter... So many choices... :c

If I ever see other Rosalina's on for glory I ALWAYS ditto them. Rosalina Ditto's are really fun.

Also: Hello Everyone! How are you all?
Hi SpiralGalaxies. I'm doing fine, thank you for asking.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

lol

I'm not really bothered by it, just trying to understand why they have a psychological need to do it. It's always entertaining when you trash them afterward or when they do something dumb after showboating (see: Ness earlier today taunted 3 times in a row after getting his first kill in 3 matches then SD'd angling his PK Thunder poorly)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I've always thought people who taunt after a kill, but specially after the opponent SDs, are like, the scum of Smash.
hey guys, I found another person who can't have fun. I'm gonna report him to
ladysakuraishades.png

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol

I'm not really bothered by it, just trying to understand why they have a psychological need to do it. It's always entertaining when you trash them afterward or when they do something dumb after showboating (see: Ness earlier today taunted 3 times in a row after getting his first kill in 3 matches then SD'd angling his PK Thunder poorly)
It's funny that you mentioned Ness because I just fought a Ness that taunted whenever he could. Like, he taunted at least 25 times during our two matches. I almost gimped his PK Thunder but I hit him with the swirly hitbox of projectile when I GP'd it.

The psychological reasoning behind it would be interesting to learn. It could be a thing where they feel powerless irl so they try to show dominance (and therefore power) over other people in-game. Idk, that's my best guess.

Last edited:

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Today i went Ike on FG and he seems to have bad or difficult MU as soon as a spammable projectile is involved. Need more work on it, but i don't want to let my powershield screwed because of the lag.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I don't really think about why I taunt on FG, I just do. I don't taunt when I fight people here because people really seem to care.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just taunt because I like Greninja's taunt animations and so I want to use them when I can't be punished or without losing a chance to edgeguarding someone, aka after a kill =P

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I like trying to hit with Greninja's water fountain taunt because it actually hits people and pushes them upwards.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
It's funny that you mentioned Ness because I just fought a Ness that taunted whenever he could. Like, he taunted at least 25 times during our two matches. I almost gimped his PK Thunder but I hit him with the swirly hitbox of projectile when I GP'd it.

The psychological reasoning behind it would be interesting to learn. It could be a thing where they feel powerless irl so they try to show dominance (and therefore power) over other people in-game. Idk, that's my best guess.
IDK, I'll taunt if I'm playing against a character I don't like such as Sonic, and Ness and Rosalina.

Of course, I never taunt if I'm losing or if they're better than me since that just seems disrespectful.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Best 5 taunts go

1. Zelda's dtaunt (waves goodbye)
2. Rosalina's ftaunt (sassy "Mmhmm!")
3. Dedede's crouch
4. Peach's...ftaunt? ("La la-la la-la la♪")
5. Zelda's usmash

I like trying to hit with Greninja's water fountain taunt because it actually hits people and pushes them upwards.
Believe it or not, the frame data on that taunt is actually good enough to seriously use it for punishing ledge options and potentially lead into a kill combo.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I taunt in For Glory to communicate with the player or if they have no problem with taunting either.
I'll also taunt in friendlies when I'm not getting absolutely mangled which is why FullMoon didn't see me taunt.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
After you spike someone with Zelda's dair, it's absolutely necessary to use dtaunt.

The only other time I taunt is in dittos though most of the time the other player is rude aF and attacks me when I'm taunting smh

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I never taunt when I'm against friends. However, on FG. If the player is doing a repeated pattern like dodging to the other side of the stage, I will taunt them once I get the kill or if they roll way too much.

One time I ran into a really rude player who was a Pikachu on FG, rolled to the edge, he did beat me. And he kept on saying stuff like "GET GOOD", "CANPLAYNOW" and even called me one word I will not say on the board. :c

warionumbah2

Smash Master
:4megaman: is so fun to use.

Played some dude on anthers and i 3 stocked his Marf.

Me: Are you new to this game?

Him: No, but its my first time on anthers

Me: I see

Then i picked :4megaman: and did the @Locke 06 if MK is to get nerfed in this patch imma use this cancer.

Who else loves :4megaman:?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I can't play :4megaman: but I love watching him

and hate it when Rush saves him from my spikes

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
I taunt when the opponent is really good. Usually they taunt back.
I always taunt ganon
I taunt when i succesfully edgeguard, or make a really good read
I always taunt falcon
I taunt when i 0 death someone
I always taunt jigglypuff

:4megaman: is so fun to use.

Played some dude on anthers and i 3 stocked his Marf.

Me: Are you new to this game?

Him: No, but its my first time on anthers

Me: I see

Then i picked :4megaman: and did the @Locke 06 if MK is to get nerfed in this patch imma use this cancer.

Who else loves :4megaman:?
M'y robot's better

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I find Greninja's f-taunt to be really cute, if only because of him saying "Nin-ja" like some little kid who just learned how to pronounce the word.

The water fountain is silly too, fitting of such a dork.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate :4megaman: and hope he goes somewhere.
Like... Here? Capcom abandoned him a long time ago, so Mega Man is freeloading alongside Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, and now, Sonic. :p

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I find Greninja's f-taunt to be really cute, if only because of him saying "Nin-ja" like some little kid who just learned how to pronounce the word.

The water fountain is silly too, fitting of such a dork.
Out of curiosity, is Greninja your favourite pokemon?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Ty Ty Ty, but I never realized how strong WFT's Usmash is. It killed you at 70% and I had little rage.
WFT's usmash with Deep Breathing iirc kills earlier than Ganon's usmash, Shulk's usmash with Smash, Olimar's usmash with Purple Pikmin

literally who designed this

Also I feel like Greninja has a lot of potentially weird techniques, using dtaunt to combo or put opponent in disadvantage, using the Substitute :substitute: to interrupt recoveries of :4falcon:Raptor boost, :4charizard:Flare Blitz, :4miibrawl:Onslaught, :4miisword:Airborne Assault, :4myfriends:Quick Draw, :4ness:PK Thunder 2, :4pikachu:Skull Bash, :4pit:Upperdash Arm, :4darkpit:Electroshock Arm

@ FullMoon FullMoon are there any Greninja ATs that use dtaunt or :substitute:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
5 Best taunts:
1.Zelda's dtaunt is always the best taunt; no exceptions.
2.Rosalina's ftaunt when facing to the right (terrifying face + MMMMMMHHMMM make it amazing)
3.Duck Hunt's ftaunt (#vintage troll)
4.WFT dtaunt (Let's stretch our legs! It's so stupid that it's hilarious)
5.Puff's utant (sassy wink along with "Jigglypuff!")

Other notable taunts:
Mewtwo's taunt (evil laugh + spin is really fun to spam. Ganon's is in the same boat)
Sonic's "You're too slow!" because it was awful but amazing at the same time.
Ike's utaunt because it's like he's constipated or something
Peach's ftaunt because it's humiliating to have her sing and dance during a match
Duck Hunt's dtaunt because I have no idea what the **** it's supposed to be and I love it

Last edited:
Top Bottom