• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Am I the only one here who doesn't bother playing on FG? It's way too laggy for me, my home wi-fi is awful and many people at my house use it -.- I'm kind of new to competitive play, what should I do to practice? Maybe I should try setting up a wired connection
Best way to practice competitively is offline, in the tournament environment, and not your siblings. You don't have to play tournament matches if you're not comfortable yet... you can learn a lot from friendlies. Ask for suggestions between matches too... some people are happy to help with that.

Course, not everyone is able to go to an offline tournament, let alone on a frequent basis, may that be due to money, not having a tournament scene, job, shyness/social discomfort etc - so yes, online would be ideal in this situation, but you have to accept and be aware that playing online will likely give you bad habits that will be punishable offline by a decent player.

For online, I'd prioritize playing people here/other character threads or getting an account on glitchy AiB/NintendoDojo and asking for matches on their chat. Chances are you will run into better players than someone on For Glory.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Best way to practice competitively is offline, in the tournament environment, and not your siblings. You don't have to play tournament matches if you're not comfortable yet... you can learn a lot from friendlies. Ask for suggestions between matches too... some people are happy to help with that.

Course, not everyone is able to go to an offline tournament, let alone on a frequent basis, may that be due to money, not having a tournament scene, job, shyness/social discomfort etc - so yes, online would be ideal in this situation, but you have to accept and be aware that playing online will likely give you bad habits that will be punishable offline by a decent player.

For online, I'd prioritize playing people here/other character threads or getting an account on glitchy AiB/NintendoDojo and asking for matches on their chat. Chances are you will run into better players than someone on For Glory.
Thanks for the response <3 I think I'll request some matches here and on other boards as soon as I get an internet adapter for my Wii U, that way lag won't be an issue! I'm a massive introvert irl so idk if meeting people at the tournament scene will work out but maybe I'll give that a try as well :) getting into competitive play is intimidating when you know you stink -.-

@ Alphatron Alphatron maybe when I get a secure connection you and I can play? We can both suck together <3 that sounds so wrong

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm actually interested in playing against good Sonics because I honestly don't know what to do in that MU but I dread going into the Sonic forums :'D

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
after playing with SBphil, I've learned that zelda can kill kirby with the elevator at 30% with rage. And he learned that kirby can do 50% combos on zelda. Wow were learning

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Thanks for the response <3 I think I'll request some matches here and on other boards as soon as I get an internet adapter for my Wii U, that way lag won't be an issue! I'm a massive introvert irl so idk if meeting people at the tournament scene will work out but maybe I'll give that a try as well :) getting into competitive play is intimidating when you know you stink -.-

@ Alphatron Alphatron maybe when I get a secure connection you and I can play? We can both suck together <3 that sounds so wrong
Us lousy players have to stick together!

I'd be up for playing right now but I'm putting down the controller for a while. Just played a laggy match against a Samus player.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Now sis...
I'm serious though. sonic moves too fast and doesn't lag enough to really counter oos regularly. Blocking too much is gonna get us up thrown into dumb juggles. So as Sonic spins about we should run and jump about with him until he gives us an opening. Unless your reading the sonic like a book sonic against Zelda is almost as bad as freeoshi

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Is it just me, or is U-air really difficult to hit with. I've been trying to find some use for it, and just can not for the life of me hit anyone with it.
The only times I land u-air are if I accurately predict them jumping up from the ledge and intercept them.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Chairzard is terrible, you cant kill him and nair juggles us because it has a hitbox size of the sun ☀

Also usmash kills at 80% and dragon rush if customs are on is unpunishable.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You can probably lightning kick charizard in between jabs if your percentage is low enough. I had a Captain Falcon continuously grab me in the middle of my jab combo yesterday. Guess the move just isn't safe against grounded opponents.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Dragon Rush is incredible.

I started playing Charizard because of dragon rush. Holy crap, this move is insane. Like, what are the downsides? Where is the start up?

Custom Charizard for me is Fireball Cannon, That Accel UpB, Dragon Rush, and default rock smash.

The villager matchup is a huge pain unless the Villager you're playing against is really aggressive. Being able to reflect fair and bair is a nice plus though and you have more range than he does on the ground.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Actually you don't need to camp with him. You can go in and combo. Wanna play?
Sorry can't play for a while. People are staying at my place for a couple weeks and are eating up the Wifi. Just picked them up from the airport. It's pretty much why I wanted to play earlier today :(

Rizen

Smash Legend
What happens when Villager pockets Din's? Does it emerge as if he had started the move with control over it?

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Sorry can't play for a while. People are staying at my place for a couple weeks and are eating up the Wifi. Just picked them up from the airport. It's pretty much why I wanted to play earlier today :(
Oh ok but kirbys not a campy character this game. He can do 50% combos and his Nair is super fast which can break combos or start one. His Uair stings are incredible. He can kill pretty well too with his smashes, bair, and great spike.

http://youtu.be/hIIs-MEPwz8

Watch kirby do work to jtails

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh ok but kirbys not a campy character this game. He can do 50% combos and his Nair is super fast which can break combos or start one. His Uair stings are incredible. He can kill pretty well too with his smashes, bair, and great spike.

http://youtu.be/hIIs-MEPwz8

Watch kirby do work to jtails
Interesting. I recall that Kirby player to be extremely, beyond campy.

What happens when Villager pockets Din's? Does it emerge as if he had started the move with control over it?
I can't seem to even pocket Din's. Can't Gravitational Pull Din's either.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Interesting. I recall that Kirby player to be extremely, beyond campy.
Oh tru but kirby can be both campy or aggressive depending on playstyle. I play an aggressive combo reliant kirby. Give him a try. Just kno he has a steep learning curve

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
villager can't pocket dins, he just goes through it which is funny.

you have to play Villagers game. camp along with them if they want play defensive if he goes aggresive. its probably not that bad.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh tru but kirby can be both campy or aggressive depending on playstyle. I play an aggressive combo reliant kirby. Give him a try. Just kno he has a steep learning curve
Don't worry I play Melee and Brawl Peach. More worried about liking the playstyle than the learning curve :p

Top Bottom