• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
They're slightly weaker than Brawl's. The sweetspot size is the same though.
Are you kidding me? Ugh...they literally nerfed all her moves in exchange for making FW a kill move.

At this point, I don't even know if she's better or worse than Brawl Zelda.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Are you kidding me? Ugh...they literally nerfed all her moves in exchange for making FW a kill move.

At this point, I don't even know if she's better or worse than Brawl Zelda.
She's worse =P

But yeah, I have all the data about Zelda's moves so feel free to ask anything.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Does u-air have a sweetspot on it? Sometimes I've noticed it killing earlier than others. And if it does, what is the hitbox or framedata for that?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
She was nerfed from Brawl overall, which is mysterious. I can't believe the extremely modest Sheilda success in Brawl justify any nerfs at all. I see no other conclusion other than Sakurai/team does not want this character to ever succeed in 1v1.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
She was nerfed from Brawl overall, which is mysterious. I can't believe the extremely modest Sheilda success in Brawl justify any nerfs at all. I see no other conclusion other than Sakurai/team does not want this character to ever succeed in 1v1.
I seriously wonder if this is it...I think Sm4sh Zelda is pretty good in teams and free-for-alls because you can actually land her insanely powerful moves thanks to the chaos. Maybe she's just not meant for 1v1s afterall...

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Nope, it's just one hitbox, similar to Brawl Zelda's, except with less KO power.
That's odd, I could have sworn it would sometimes kill earlier than normal....must have been just my imagination.

Sakurai tried hard to make sure there was nothing redeeming about this character lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's odd, I could have sworn it would sometimes kill earlier than normal....must have been just my imagination.

Sakurai tried hard to make sure there was nothing redeeming about this character lol
Maybe it was rage.

Rage uair will kill pretty early, it's still stronger than most uncharged smash attacks.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I seriously wonder if this is it...I think Sm4sh Zelda is pretty good in teams and free-for-alls because you can actually land her insanely powerful moves thanks to the chaos. Maybe she's just not meant for 1v1s afterall...
The games confirm Ganondorf is intended for FFAs in his Melee and SSB4 trophies.

Sakurai himself said characters are balanced across modes. It's an impossible task but he does it anyway. Hylia knows why.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
oh brawl Zelda dsmash how I miss thee. Not just for how good it was, but it had such a beautiful animation back then. Now its cringe worthy.
Zelda's dress looks like play-doh when she does it.

That could be it! Does rage boost certain moves more than others? I don't know much about this mechanic.
At 150% it's about 15% extra knockback

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
oh brawl Zelda dsmash how I miss thee. Not just for how good it was, but it had such a beautiful animation back then. Now its cringe worthy.
I'd even take Melee Zelda's dsmash over Sm4sh's. At least in Melee it had almost no end lag, even if it didn't kill. Now it doesn't kill and still kinda leaves her open. The only good thing about the move is its fast start-up :(

Zelda's dress looks like play-doh when she does it.
At 150% it's about 15% extra knockback
That's good to know, thanks!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I was going through SSBWiki and saw this;

They chose the worst picture imaginable for SSB4 FW.

:4zelda: "Oh bother, my hand has taken on a life of its own again."

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I was going through SSBWiki and saw this;

They chose the worst picture imaginable for SSB4 FW.

:4zelda: "Oh bother, my hand has taken on a life of its own again."
In order to receive Farore's blessing, she must snap her wrist as an offering to the goddess

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
This is from the wiki and hilarious in at least two ways.

Green means accurate! Red means lol.
"Without the ability to transform into Sheik, Zelda has been significantly buffed to allow her to stand on her own, most notably with the addition of an drastically more effective and powerful projectile than the nearly useless Din's Fire in her Phantom Slash."

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
The Wiki is really funny definitely. Under "buffs" it lists a bunch of moves that were nerfed, like her usmash lol

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I will say that default Phantom has grown on me.

I've been using it like Rion suggested by aiming to land the second swing and it really does work. Sometimes they'll learn but try to out jump it and get hit anyway. It's gotten to the point where the people I regularly fight offline actively avoid recovering high. Which, of course, leaves them more vulnerable for glorious Dair.

People on For Glory are less aware of Phantom's vertical range so I get so many KOs that way. I hope people don't catch on for a while.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697

I've been using it like Rion suggested by aiming to land the second swing and it really does work. Sometimes they'll learn but try to out jump it and get hit anyway. It's gotten to the point where the people I regularly fight offline actively avoid recovering high. Which, of course, leaves them more vulnerable for glorious Dair.

People on For Glory are less aware of Phantom's vertical range so I get so many KOs that way. I hope people don't catch on for a while.
I feel like this sums up Zelda. Her moves only work if the opponent doesn't know about them haha.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Wow at least half of those changes listed are completely made up. Like, they're more than just wrong - they're a complete fantasy.

Even so I'm really uncomfortable with anyone being told to 'do away with themselves', in a joking way or otherwise.

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
Christmas is so close going to get Smash 4 and a Wii-U. Summary of Zelda, she tries.......(jk)

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
my dash dance is so bad that it makes it hard for me to learn perfect pivots, my left thumb is dumb and slow

I wouldn't trust this list, shulk has less jump height in speed stance (also effecting his U Special distance) and to my knowledge no more extra air speed then normal, please correct me if I'm wrong
Yeah, I think Greninja is also too high in terms of 'flexibility'. Many Greninja users frequently misinput a side b before up b, and it makes it more difficult to recover after that. I used to think this move was similar to Pikachu's, but the more I use it, the more I'm seeing their differences.

Last edited:

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Why haven't I fought a single Link on For Glory that has a good connection?
Is it really a strategy to have the laggiest matches possible so that their rain of projectiles are harder to avoid?
I find that every match I have against a Robin is always the worst lag. I have theorized that it is because of his/her flashy moveset, with all the fire and the lightning and the rap music.

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
I don't know though....Zelda's lag magic is strong you sure it's not lightning kicks causing it? Maybe you should preform it le-oh right smash 4.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman

I love to use the Phantom. I feel like I am the only one. I don't love that it is a reflectable "projectile" or that it cannot be stored and everything else we like to complain about, but I like that it's there. I like to use it for a safe edgeguard, love hitting people with the second (or BOTH) hits of the sword, love using it as a wall to block Sonics or projectiles. Love waiting for a Villager to throw it back at me so I can just reflect it back with Nayru's. Love using it as a decoy because people think I actually meant to hit them with it, when in fact I am just using it as a setup to follow up with F-Smash or lightning kick them in the face; Phantom so helpfully obscures Zelda when I'm all up in it and then opponents cannot see my attack animation soon enough. Love using it to hit oblivious Diddy Kongs while they cling to the edge of the stage. I like using the quick, weak hit when folks are rushing me instead of waiting/hoping to shield grab or punish in a more risky way; depending on their damage a Farore's follow up is often possible.

On the topic of edgeguarding, some characters (like Robin) will learn to recover close to the stage in order to avoid getting Din's Fired or Phantomed but then you have just set them up for a safe and easy meteor smash. And I love using it as a "wall" for recovering Marths, Ganons, Falcons, etc.

Latte

Smash Ace
I love the phantom and use it all the time. I generally use it as an edge guard or use the reverse momentum pivot thing as a way of confusing people.

Last edited:

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
Seems like when I tried to use Phantom the b-reversal window was huge...accidentally switched positions to many times.....can you cancel it in any way?

Top Bottom