• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

I'm not using Zeldawful, that MU was *** in Brawl I can only imagine it in this game
Oh. Don't know much about Palutena or whoever you're using but here's the general strategy. Try not to get grabbed often although that's easier said than done though. Spot dodging is your best bet against Monkey flip. I also remember something about DI'ing on Diddy's back when he throws you. That way, he's probably not going to u-air you and you'll eat a f-air instead. When Diddy's off-stage go for the kill. Use any move that lingers for quite a while against his recovery because when you hit him, he's done. Most Diddys (Key word: Most) try to roll back and go for d-tilt or grab. Try beating him first by grabbing him before he grabs you
Why do so many smash players have a Twitter? Do I need to make one and is there even a point if I have no followers?
I was asked 9999 times to make a twitter but I'm like, "No."

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I have 4(5?) twitter accounts

one of them I tweeted with exactly twice and got 12 followers

micstar615

Smash Ace
Impressive. Honestly, I'd be happy if I had like 5 people who actually cared about stuff I tweeted :p
Honestly, idek how I got so many followers I guess it's because I'm part of a few fandoms but I don't get too many responses for the stuff I tweet -.- there's a lot of annoying people on twitter tbh

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
"Melee players standing around brawl setups complaining about brawl, oh my god is this really still a thing people do"

UUUugh, Melee elitists.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think it might have a bit of Zelda Smashes syndrome. The whole thing doesn't even land for me 70% of the time.

And I was in training.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This thread may help.

http://smashboards.com/threads/up-b-lets-understand-this-move.375806/

This is due your opponent's damage allowing it to escape the move using its own knockback, because all of the upB's hits have knockback scaling. This is perfectly normal (unless Sakurai and Namco wanted to give the "boost" set knockback). This also means the move is no longer a viable KO move if you opponent has too much damage (I think it's around 120% for most of the cast)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It's even sadder when I have to say "Both.
It's saddest when I have to confirm and say "ya they do that"

Edit:
It kills mega early, I feel like this is a recurring trend in this game.
I can be winning a match by very large percent, then I get hit by a characters move at 90% and die.
The rage mechanic is dumb in my opinion.
Doesn't benefit Palutena very well at all.
no clue why the rage mechanic can't be turned on/off in options
just like it can't remember I WANT IT ON STOCK
(finish edit)

thanks Sakurai

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Basketball used to be a thing but nobody really cared about the Vancouver Grizzlies so they moved to Memphis.

I don't follow the sport though.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Hi all! I'm new to Smash Boards. Looking forward to getting to know some fellow Zelda lovers :)

So can I get out of it or not?

:/
I've noticed that I've fallen out of the move a couple times, but I can't tell if it was something I did to escape or if they just landed the move poorly. Most of the time, the move wrecks me though :/

And speaking of escaping moves and ZSS...has anyone noticed that she "falls" out of Zelda's Fsmash much more consistently than any other character? Even when grounded, my Fsmashes only seem to connect 1/4 times at best -- and it's even worse at higher percents. It's so bad that I try my best to avoid the move altogether...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey, welcome to the Zelda boards!

Feel like floaties can escape the up b more easily... I also believe it's even stronger than Zelda's Brawl up smash. Haven't tested the fsmash mechanics though.

Think Ken's Peach theory needs a new variation, if you catch my drift :p

And speaking of escaping moves and ZSS...has anyone noticed that she "falls" out of Zelda's Fsmash much more consistently than any other character? Even when grounded, my Fsmashes only seem to connect 1/4 times at best -- and it's even worse at higher percents. It's so bad that I try my best to avoid the move altogether...
I (And pretty much everyone in this thread) noticed this also. It's saddening

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697

Feel like floaties can escape the up b more easily... I also believe it's even stronger than Zelda's Brawl up smash. Haven't tested the fsmash mechanics though.

Thanks! If you do test the fsmash mechanics, I'd love to know what you find. It's just something I've noticed happening a lot in For Glory matches. The last match I fought (today actually) my opponent's ZSS bounced out of 2 fsmashes and an usmash, all at KO percent :/ It was so frustrating lol.

imo you should try avoiding using this character all together.
I've accepted she's terrible, but I love her anyway. I've used her since Melee and I'm not about to stop now.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

It's 4% 220 KBG vs 5% 210 KBG, I think the 1% is worth more than 10 KBG.

Hi @ Gay Ginger Gay Ginger !
Basketball used to be a thing but nobody really cared about the Vancouver Grizzlies so they moved to Memphis.

I don't follow the sport though.
its not ice hockey

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
YES YES YES

It is the worst thing. Especially since that is already not a very pretty matchup for us.

Anyway, welcome!

Last edited:
Idk if it's just me but Zelda's d-air is one trillion times easier to sweet spot than her f-air or b-air

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's because they increased her dair sweetspot size to 4 from 2.5.

It almost doubled in size from Brawl!

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
That's because they increased her dair sweetspot size to 4 from 2.5.

It almost doubled in size from Brawl!
Awesome! Now only if they had nearly doubled the sweetspots for her Lightning Kicks...

Does any one else feel like her LKs got much worse from Brawl (which is saying something)? The endlag and the landing lag make the move so punishable :(

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah. And I feel like they're weaker (though this may be confirmation bias; I should've checked earlier when I had the chance)

They feel (again, just a feeling) easier to land though, I think their hitbox size was slightly increased?

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I don't know about weaker, but they do feel a bit easier to land. But it unfortunately doesn't make up for the massive lag :(

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yeah. And I feel like they're weaker (though this may be confirmation bias; I should've checked earlier when I had the chance)

They feel (again, just a feeling) easier to land though, I think their hitbox size was slightly increased?
Today, I killed a grounded Sheik at 47% from the middle of an omega stage with a fresh Bair.

Granted, I was at like 140+% so I think they made the knockback a bit weaker to compensate for the ridiculous effect Rage can have.

Top Bottom