• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I need to learn how to use phantom. In Brawl I was trained to not downB with Zelda but now I need to start (same problem happens with Charizard in SSB4, I Flare blitz instead of rock smash).

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Starbucks is 100% Lucario for many reasons. Both are very easy to pick up, and many people love them. They could be a longtime fan, or they realize how convenient it really is. You're a winner at first because ya got your coffee, and you got your win. Then you start using them more. They take a huge toll the more you go there, one because you always have to take so much damage to actually do something, the other is because of your wallet, but you're completely addicted to them because coffee and wins. But not everything is flowers and roses.

You realize that in the end, both are just not as good, for a few reasons. People have figured you out, and know your tricks; the coffee nor the character just ain't the same anymore. The toll to your stock and your wallet was just too much. Always on the losing side now. And now you're stuck with personal debt, addiction, and a super clunky character that can only boast about being better than Zelda.

The dark side of Lucarbucks.

Whut?!!!!! Starbucks is amazing. Wait doesn't this mean that Zeldas amazing. I think I solved all then problem you guys had.
Nothing special about the drinks. I just go there because everyone goes there

Edit: Nothing here

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I love Starbucks, but I can understand how people would see it as overrated. Especially for the price. I used to think more like that till I tried some good stuff. And now I'm addicted. Well okay, I've been addicted for quite awhile now, but still. There could be worse things to be addicted to.

@ L Latte Done (:

Latte

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or is U-air really difficult to hit with. I've been trying to find some use for it, and just can not for the life of me hit anyone with it.
I love Starbucks, but I can understand how people would see it as overrated. Especially for the price. I used to think more like that till I tried some good stuff. And now I'm addicted. Well okay, I've been addicted for quite awhile now, but still. There could be worse things to be addicted to.

@ L Latte Done (:
Starbucks' prices are outrageously high. That doesn't stop me from buying coffee there, of course.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Starbucks is 100% Lucario for many reasons. Both are very easy to pick up, and many people love them. They could be a longtime fan, or they realize how convenient it really is. You're a winner at first because ya got your coffee, and you got your win. Then you start using them more. They take a huge toll the more you go there, one because you always have to take so much damage to actually do something, the other is because of your wallet, but you're completely addicted to them because coffee and wins. But not everything is flowers and roses.

You realize that in the end, both are just not as good, for a few reasons. People have figured you out, and know your tricks; the coffee nor the character just ain't the same anymore. The toll to your stock and your wallet was just too much. Always on the losing side now. And now you're stuck with personal debt, addiction, and a super clunky character that can only boast about being better than Zelda.

The dark side of Lucarbucks.
Still a better love story than The Fault In Our Stars

You can always carry on. I'm always all ears for new music! :)
I that case sis, jam this so I have someone here to fangirl with :p
http://youtu.be/wRjAgBoJSt8

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Is it just me, or is U-air really difficult to hit with. I've been trying to find some use for it, and just can not for the life of me hit anyone with it.

Starbucks' prices are outrageously high. That doesn't stop me from buying coffee there, of course.
Her up air has a deceiving hitbox. Like, the explosion appearance is very exaggerated, because it just doesn't have that big of a hitbox. I feel you D:

And same here... 1/6 of my paycheck probably ends up going toward Starbucks

Last edited:

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
You can always carry on. I'm always all ears for new music! :)

Also, hi ginger dude!
I like rock music, or anything with a rock-like rhythm. Favorite band is Muse because if you listen to their whole discography instead of just what they play on the radio, you will find they have a captivating eclectic style. There is someone named Iamx who also has a unique style that I enjoy, although some of his music I really don't like. I like "President," unique with it's 3/4 (waltz) tempo, Missile, and a lot of stuff on his new album, The Unified Field. The piano is my favorite instrument as I find it to be very versatile (and awesome!) across genres. My Mp3 player also has Keane, Florence and the Machine, Young the Giant, AC/DC, Bond/Escala/Vanessa Mae/Lindsey Sterling (all combine classical music with rock or other genres), the Killers, a lot of video game soundtracks, Passion Pit, Scissor Sisters, Queen, David Bowie, some foreign stuff, other more straightforward instrumentals (violin, piano, etc.).

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I like rock music, or anything with a rock-like rhythm. Favorite band is Muse because if you listen to their whole discography instead of just what they play on the radio, you will find they have a captivating eclectic style. There is someone named Iamx who also has a unique style that I enjoy, although some of his music I really don't like. I like "President," unique with it's 3/4 (waltz) tempo, Missile, and a lot of stuff on his new album, The Unified Field. The piano is my favorite instrument as I find it to be very versatile (and awesome!) across genres. My Mp3 player also has Keane, Florence and the Machine, Young the Giant, AC/DC, Bond/Escala/Vanessa Mae/Lindsay Sterling (all combine classical music with rock or other genres), the Killers, a lot of video game soundtracks, Passion Pit, Scissor Sisters, Queen, David Bowie, some foreign stuff, other more straightforward instrumentals (violin, piano, etc.).
Lindsey Sterling <3

I remember the first vid I watched of hers was the Skyrim piece she did with Peter Hollens, and I was like omg ;D

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry @ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl , got the parent asian talk for a bit, haha.

I'll be on in about another 5-10 minutes.

Nope. That Pike Place Roast is amazing.
I actually have never tried that out or have heard of it, but that's probably because I'm usually unenthusiastic and oblivious when I go there. Maybe I'll give it a shot unless the price is too much.

Also, my parents are Asian

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I actually have never tried that out or have heard of it, but that's probably because I'm usually unenthusiastic and oblivious when I go there. Maybe I'll give it a shot unless the price is too much.

Also, my parents are Asian
Gotcha. Truth be told, I think people need to stay away from those "dessert drinks" and get... actual coffee at Starbucks. It's barely more expensive than other fast food alternatives and a simple grande won't equal the calories of two meals.

Hope your parents don't give you an awful time like mine!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I like rock music, or anything with a rock-like rhythm. Favorite band is Muse because if you listen to their whole discography instead of just what they play on the radio, you will find they have a captivating eclectic style. There is someone named Iamx who also has a unique style that I enjoy, although some of his music I really don't like. I like "President," unique with it's 3/4 (waltz) tempo, Missile, and a lot of stuff on his new album, The Unified Field. The piano is my favorite instrument as I find it to be very versatile (and awesome!) across genres. My Mp3 player also has Keane, Florence and the Machine, Young the Giant, AC/DC, Bond/Escala/Vanessa Mae/Lindsey Sterling (all combine classical music with rock or other genres), the Killers, a lot of video game soundtracks, Passion Pit, Scissor Sisters, Queen, David Bowie, some foreign stuff, other more straightforward instrumentals (violin, piano, etc.).
With that taste you might find something you like in the post I made earlier :). I like Muse too, but mostly their first albums. I do respect that they're going for more eclectic things but I'm not a fan of the latest stuff. Knights of Cydonia is an amazing song, though.

http://smashboards.com/threads/zeld...he-best-of-pages.344739/page-92#post-18247350

Do you like Pearl Jam? Or PJ Harvey? I think you might like them! :D

Still a better love story than The Fault In Our Stars

I that case sis, jam this so I have someone here to fangirl with :p
http://youtu.be/wRjAgBoJSt8
That was cool :) nice contrast of moods. Do you know Sigur Ros? And I'm pretty sure you've heard of Imagine Dragons by now, they're everywhere. You might like those!

Last edited:
@ Alacion Alacion Oh right. About what you posted.

They do that to me too, except I'm.... okay with it to an extent. I've been pissed about it and all but well, that's how it is. Every time I work hard, they assume I don't, then they call me a failure. I tell them I got higher than most of the class despite my mediocre grade but they're like, "I don't care about your friends, I only care about you." TO BE FAIR, I'm actually fine with that reasoning. It makes sense, and I shouldn't really settle for a low score.

I'm probably the only one here stuck with the 3DS version because they want an award from me. LUCKILY, I (sort of) stopped playing Smash for 2 weeks then I got high in my exam. High enough for an award that will give 'em a reason to give me the based Wii U version. Hopefully

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I'm at a point where grades don't matter to me as much, but obviously I still try but my program has a 40% drop out rate in the first two years so it's not like many people get good grades. No bell curve or anything :(

I'm always down to play on the 3ds as well as the Wii U. Let me know if you ever want to play.

I took the Wii U into my own hands since my parents have never paid for anything for me since I turned 16. Found a fantastic deal on them at 50% off so I went ahead and bought one. Never looked back.

Last edited:
I'd love to play with anyone right now, but my wifi is Brawl wifi quality which I honestly did not want. I hope the Wii U version somehow improves this with that adapter thing, whatever it's called

It helps though that my internet is innately garbage and my siblings use YouTube, download things, use Tumblr (GIF fest) and use Twitch which has a massive impact on anything I do on For Glory (I played FG for 2 days then rage quit, never came back)

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
PJ Harvey has too much swag to be human like look at her
pjharvey.gif

That was cool :) nice contrast of moods. Do you know Sigur Ros? And I'm pretty sure you've heard of Imagine Dragons by now, they're everywhere. You might like those!
I've always been meaning to check Sigur Ros out (amongst a lot of other things) but then I forget & stuff ;_;
Yeah ID are omnipresent at this point. I wasn't too keen on their album though, I do enjoy the singles, now that they aren't played 24/7.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'd love to play with anyone right now, but my wifi is Brawl wifi quality which I honestly did not want. I hope the Wii U version somehow improves this with that adapter thing, whatever it's called

It helps though that my internet is innately garbage and my siblings use YouTube, download things, use Tumblr (GIF fest) and use Twitch which has a massive impact on anything I do on For Glory (I played FG for 2 days then rage quit, never came back)
Let's play. Canadian internet is barely a tier higher than Australia's. :(

We can stop if it gets really laggy.

Last edited:
Let's play. Canadian internet is barely a tier higher than Australia's. :(

We can stop if it gets really laggy.
Nice but maybe another time. I'm about to sleep soon, since it's 2:40 AM at my time. I'm probably gonna have less time to hit the lab since Christmas and vacations. Maybe I'll be free starting January 10. I'll hit you up when I can play

Also, I need to condition myself because Bacardi 151 is no joke. lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice but maybe another time. I'm about to sleep soon, since it's 2:40 AM at my time. I'm probably gonna have less time to hit the lab since Christmas and vacations. Maybe I'll be free starting January 10. I'll hit you up when I can play

Also, I need to condition myself because Bacardi 151 is no joke. lol
Haha okay. Fujin let's play a bit.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Good game to you too! I have very little Kirby knowledge, so it was a nice experience to get combo'd up to 50% just because. :3

I don't really play Kirby so I don't know, but I think you can try and opt to play defensive a bit more, I was able to get you sometimes because you were playing a bit aggressive. Other than that, just keep playing and improving! ^^

micstar615

Smash Ace
Am I the only one here who doesn't bother playing on FG? It's way too laggy for me, my home wi-fi is awful and many people at my house use it -.- I'm kind of new to competitive play, what should I do to practice? Maybe I should try setting up a wired connection

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'd play with you guys but I've been on an awful tilt for two days now. I suck, so I'll avoid embarrassing myself.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ZombieBran
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Talk:Zelda_(SSB4)

I leT them know

Edit: Here's an image of the Sun

*clicks link*
"You're all idiots"
LOL I died.
I was going through SSBWiki and saw this;

They chose the worst picture imaginable for SSB4 FW.

:4zelda: "Oh bother, my hand has taken on a life of its own again."
Her fingers even go all weird in her blocking animation. She's gonna get arthritis or something.
I love to use the Phantom. I feel like I am the only one. I don't love that it is a reflectable "projectile" or that it cannot be stored and everything else we like to complain about, but I like that it's there. I like to use it for a safe edgeguard, love hitting people with the second (or BOTH) hits of the sword, love using it as a wall to block Sonics or projectiles. Love waiting for a Villager to throw it back at me so I can just reflect it back with Nayru's. Love using it as a decoy because people think I actually meant to hit them with it, when in fact I am just using it as a setup to follow up with F-Smash or lightning kick them in the face; Phantom so helpfully obscures Zelda when I'm all up in it and then opponents cannot see my attack animation soon enough. Love using it to hit oblivious Diddy Kongs while they cling to the edge of the stage. I like using the quick, weak hit when folks are rushing me instead of waiting/hoping to shield grab or punish in a more risky way; depending on their damage a Farore's follow up is often possible.

On the topic of edgeguarding, some characters (like Robin) will learn to recover close to the stage in order to avoid getting Din's Fired or Phantomed but then you have just set them up for a safe and easy meteor smash. And I love using it as a "wall" for recovering Marths, Ganons, Falcons, etc.
This. So much this. You are amazing.

And welcome @GingerGaymer ! :)

And I have to play on FG to get any sort of competitive practice. Thankfully my internet handles gaming quite well, despite being DSL. And I get all the bandwidth to myself.

Top Bottom