• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

micstar615

Smash Ace
Yeah he is, though I haven't seem him play much. Recall him losing to Duck (plays Duck Hunt).
Oh man, so what makes Jiggs so campy? Does it have viable approach options? It seems like it has more combos (some can even finish with rest from what I've heard)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh man, so what makes Jiggs so campy? Does it have viable approach options? It seems like it has more combos (some can even finish with rest from what I've heard)
Puff spaces a lot and I find they generally play a hit and run style. She throws out hitboxes and hope they hit.

You can play her offensively of course... Pound has lots of shield damage.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I actually don't mind fighting Dedede with Zelda. I have a feeling someone can prove me wrong though.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Puff spaces a lot and I find they generally play a hit and run style. She throws out hitboxes and hope they hit.

You can play her offensively of course... Pound has lots of shield damage.
Cool, I'm thinking about trying her out, didn't like her at all in Brawl tho

@ JigglyZelda003 JigglyZelda003 what are your thoughts on Puff in this iteration?

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I really dislike Dedede/Zelda. Really hard for me :(

Duck Hunt is a bit more manageable for Zelda. I just think it's awesome Duck plays Duck Hunt. The playstyle of that character definitely suits him especially since he plays Samus in Melee.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ummm U should ask @ JigglyZelda003 JigglyZelda003

The jiggs main
Cool, I'm thinking about trying her out, didn't like her at all in Brawl tho

@ JigglyZelda003 JigglyZelda003 what are your thoughts on Puff in this iteration?
honestly Zelda is more my true Main, but Jiggly is still natural to me even though i don't use it nearly as much as i could probably because sm4sh Zelda still feels like i have so much to work on.

i do miss brawl Jigglys freedom but she isn't bad now just average.

Jiggly got the Peach nerfs, those not enough for people to complain, but little things that do get annoying. her recovery is stunted just a tad cause pound doesn't give distance anymore and despite pounds nice shield damage its even more unsafe on shields than before. and jiggly now suffers from a tad landing lag on some moves like Bair and when you consider how many characters have reach it can be scary. i feel its grab range has also been nerfed a tad but maybe that's just me.

landing the kill is still hard. bair can kill better but its easy to see coming, there are too many good recoveries and sometimes gimping can be a pain especially now that you can't edgehog people out. rollout is unsafe on shield and hit because you can't a;ter your direction on the recovery hit which is a lame nerf to an already situational move. Rest is easier to hit but still high risk with no guaranteed way to land it but good reading and sing still sucks lol.

Shulk is evil to Jiggly. anyone with humongous reach really but Shulk is just mean in smash, when he's not in Xenoblade.

Its hard to approach as Jiggly at times because people can react quickly OoS from a block and other than Dairing over "some people" you can't force your way in and end up Air camping (or Nair camping because Nair is god)

i do think Jiggly lightly counters villager because you can Nair everything and he can just be mad salt.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Love cooking and eating :)
Cool!

Actually, I saw that sushi pic you posted the other day. Did you make those or did you order them from a really fancy place? :'D

I'm no great or experienced cook (yet) but I'm super interested in hearing other people's recipes and stuff. I wanna learn so I can be the super cool cooking dad for my kids someday :B

@ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl Sorry I just saw your reply until now!

The same applies though haha.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Cool!

Actually, I saw that sushi pic you posted the other day. Did you make those or did you order them from a really fancy place? :'D

I'm no great or experienced cook (yet) but I'm super interested in hearing other people's recipes and stuff.
We actually ordered them from a place that's hella cheap but serve big portions. It's a local smash community favourite that I almost regret introducing. Only a couple of people ever ate with me in some less common places like Indian and Afghan.

I've never made sushi before.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
We actually ordered them from a place that's hella cheap but serve big portions. It's a local smash community favourite that I almost regret introducing. Only a couple of people ever ate with me in some less common places like Indian and Afghan.

I've never made sushi before.
Afghan sounds pretty nice. I tried some cuisine from Pakistan once and it was SO good. It might be ignorant of me to compare the two but that's basically the only point I'd have to imagine Afghan food. I totally wanna go to Vancouver now :'D

I can bake but cooking isn't really my thing. I can make cake but I can't fry a chicken
Bakery is literally my biggest weakness. It's how my boyfriend got me to love him :'Du

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Afghan sounds pretty nice. I tried some cuisine from Pakistan once and it was SO good. It might be ignorant of me to compare the two but that's basically the only point I'd have to imagine Afghan food. I totally wanna go to Vancouver now :'D
Vancouver is pretty much the land of Chinese/Korean owned Japanese restaurants. We really lack Mexican which I really want more of... at least we're getting Chipotles built soon! Afghan food is good but not my favourite. Didn't really enjoy this dessert consisting of sour yoghurt, salt, and mint.

My favourite cuisines are probably Korean and Indian.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
honestly Zelda is more my true Main, but Jiggly is still natural to me even though i don't use it nearly as much as i could probably because sm4sh Zelda still feels like i have so much to work on.

i do miss brawl Jigglys freedom but she isn't bad now just average.

Jiggly got the Peach nerfs, those not enough for people to complain, but little things that do get annoying. her recovery is stunted just a tad cause pound doesn't give distance anymore and despite pounds nice shield damage its even more unsafe on shields than before. and jiggly now suffers from a tad landing lag on some moves like Bair and when you consider how many characters have reach it can be scary. i feel its grab range has also been nerfed a tad but maybe that's just me.

landing the kill is still hard. bair can kill better but its easy to see coming, there are too many good recoveries and sometimes gimping can be a pain especially now that you can't edgehog people out. rollout is unsafe on shield and hit because you can't a;ter your direction on the recovery hit which is a lame nerf to an already situational move. Rest is easier to hit but still high risk with no guaranteed way to land it but good reading and sing still sucks lol.

Shulk is evil to Jiggly. anyone with humongous reach really but Shulk is just mean in smash, when he's not in Xenoblade.

Its hard to approach as Jiggly at times because people can react quickly OoS from a block and other than Dairing over "some people" you can't force your way in and end up Air camping (or Nair camping because Nair is god)

i do think Jiggly lightly counters villager because you can Nair everything and he can just be mad salt.
Thanks for the analysis :) i do hope to see more Jiggs players because I don't see it used much (though that might just be me not watching the right streams) it really does seem more viable this time around, I wish it had more tools to utilize though I feel 2/4 of it's specials are just useless and the other 2, while still good, are nerfed (rest and pound). But it seems to have more killing power and combo ability than it's Brawl counterpart, it's NAir is beautiful! I think Shulk is almost a hard counter to it -.-

micstar615

Smash Ace

Bakery is literally my biggest weakness. It's how my boyfriend got me to love him :'Du
If you come to Vancouver, bring an umbrella :p

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i'm mostly baking. i don't cook much at home unless its something for myself or for me and my boyfriend if i want to surprise him with something because he loves to cook. i do want to learn to cook more things though

Thanks for the analysis :) i do hope to see more Jiggs players because I don't see it used much (though that might just be me not watching the right streams) it really does seem more viable this time around, I wish it had more tools to utilize though I feel 2/4 of it's specials are just useless and the other 2, while still good, are nerfed (rest and pound). But it seems to have more killing power and combo ability than it's Brawl counterpart, it's NAir is beautiful! I think Shulk is almost a hard counter to it -.-
no problem, jiggly is still fun to play so its not a total loss if no one is using it.

jiggly has always had a small player base, smaller than Zelda's cause some look at it like a joke character. plus there are a bunch of new people that people are entertaining now

honestly brawls jigglys main problem was landing the kill. if it had some way to reliably do that and not at really high percents then it would have been ranked better in brawl imo, just like Peach.

@ Alacion Alacion if U ever plan on picking up kirby. Get advice from mikekirby and asdioh Cuz they're better than me.

Do any of u play a sport? I play soccer
i liked soccer but i never played it in school as a sport. i rather like running but i don't have the stamina for long runs and i also have a knee injury that used to prevent me from running. i do like some DDR though, does that count?

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I actually do wanna go to Vancouver mostly because there's a lot of animation studios there right now, partly because of Vanarts. Moving to Canada is a long-term goal of mine so if I ever do it I'll let you know so I can cook some Mexican food for you :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I actually do wanna go to Vancouver mostly because there's a lot of animation studios there right now, partly because of Vanarts. Moving to Canada is a long-term goal of mine so if I ever do it I'll let you know so I can cook some Mexican food for you :p
Vancouver spawns stuff like My Little Pony, if that's your thing. Let us know if you ever move/visit :)

micstar615

Smash Ace
As for sports, I've always been awful at them but I am an avid fitness junkie, I love weightlifting, jogging and doing yoga :) but I definitely have my depressed anti social days where I just play video games and eat junk food all day :secretkpop:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was out since thursday and I got like 20 pages behind this thread. WHAT THE ****. Zelda Social is way too active. I love it.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hahahaha to be honest I'm more into the videogame scene than animation scene, but it would be nice to try my hand at being a concept or background artist for an animated TV show. Who knows where I'll end up 5 years from now!

@ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl Haha k :'D

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't even know what the topic is.
I think I read Vancouver, baking and sports?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Idk why but I'm craving starbucks. I want a peppermint mocha
I admit I splurged one at Starbucks on Saturday because they were 50% off that day.

Everybody and their mothers tell me I need to lift and learn more about computer hardware :( Went to a family reunion in August... I have good relationship with my uncle so we hug and then he seriously pinches my arm and says I have too much fat. Wahh

micstar615

Smash Ace
I admit I splurged one at Starbucks on Saturday because they were 50% off that day.

Everybody and their mothers tell me I need to lift and learn more about computer hardware :( Went to a family reunion in August... I have good relationship with my uncle so we hug and then he seriously pinches my arm and says I have too much fat. Wahh
Why do they want you to learn computer hardware? For Indian families, if you're looking lean and trim, they say you need to get "healthier" which means you need to get fatter :/ and then if you're fat they tell you to lose weight xD

Top Bottom