• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Like I said, nerfed by system mechanics; did you know Mega Man and Meta Knight used to be able to kill at 0% with their ff bairs? Now it doesn't do enough downwards knockback to even be considered for gimping. I don't know why Fox's fair is still amazing for gimping (his fastfall speed I guess?) but it's basically the one autolink spike that can still successfully gimp/kill.

Also, the landing hitbox for fair was moved forward on top of the damage buff.
It doesn't make up for losing a janky way of killing which was still unreliable compared to Mega Man and Meta Knight who could do it with frame 4 and 5? Bairs. Falco's was frame 12, so there's time to respond, especially if you know he can do it and is fishing for it. Diddy's Uair? Have fun dealing with that even when a Diddy is fishing for it. Blaster firing faster doesn't make up for having really bad end lag; Falco could swap his default Blaster with Fox's Impact Blaster custom and it would be better because of the lower end lag. Fair's landing hitbox being altered and 3% more damage? Hey, what about Up Smash's first hit knockback? It could have been dialed down so we don't have to deal with a 4% attack that sends people way up and doesn't do jack. For some characters, they can use that to murder you like Jigglypuff or Bowser who could Bowser Bomb you in while Falco has to recover from using Up Smash.

Patch 1.0.4 took away janky things, but it felt like a sweep or a scan instead of what the new patch, 1.0.6, the Mewtwo patch, M2P, 2.0.0, or whatever they want to call it could and should do. That patch now has evidence from months of gameplay where you can see a lot of BS and how everyone interacts with each other.

Must.... resist.... using.... Ralph Wiggum again......
Use Sly instead.

Edit: Mardock Scramble's OST is pretty awesome. It's like Ghost in the Shell, but much, much darker. Here's a track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68mxQHBv520.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I could write a huge essay on why personally I find Zelda to be the worst character in the game, but eh, might be too much. And I'll be rejected by Macchiato and venn anyway.

The essay would include at least one thing that one character has that they can do better than Zelda as well though. :^)
me.gif

I would love to see your reasons for thinking zelda is the worst character​

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@Lavani's request, list based on how everyone wrecks Lucina.

Wreck Lucina
:4diddy::4sheik::4pikachu:

Kinda wreck Lucina (Don't mess up)
:4ness::4luigi::4mario::4littlemac::4rob::4olimar:

Comfortable
:4palutena::4charizard::4darkpit::4pit::rosalina:

Needs more data
Everything else.

:227:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm interested in your thoughts on Link and Robin being as high as they are.

Also Bowser and Ganondorf being above DK.

It can't be the worst one here :smirk: You should post it!

It's actually pretty amusing to see all these lists lolwhat have I done

:201l::201o::201l:
I'l be honest Lavani, C+ tier got a little foggy for me lol, so I'm very open to changing that one.
Robin though, has:
A great zoning game, very powerful disjointed aerials that all autocancel from a SH except for dair, kill setups (Arcfire to LS uair, bair, tipper usmash) and Arcthunder to LS bair/uair. A great gimping game with her myriad of projectiles and very fast nair with a horizontal trajectory, and a great ledge trump game. Link also has a great zoning game and a lot of similar stuff to Robin, except he arguably has a better close up game. Macchi and I were talking the other day though, and we think Robin's neutral might not be the best so I'm also open to your opinion on these two characters

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
my personal top 7
1.) Swordfighter
2.) Swordsman
3.) Swordswoman
4.) Scapefighter
5.) Swordgoat
6.) Swordspider
7.) The monkey formerly known as Diddy Kong

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Keep in mind Diddy has the easiest time killing Sheik with U-throw > U-air at roughly 70% on FD and even lower on Halberd and other stages.

Lavani's has been the best list I've seen on here thus far.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think is wrong with my list?

I pretty much put it there to see if I would get any reaction =P

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Here it is. My super stupid dumb casual for glory tier list. gaze upon it and be awed.

S::4falcon:

A::4falcon:

B::4falcon:

C::4falcon:

D::4falcon:

because he's the only thing on for glory.

(Mario sometimes pops in)

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
My tier list would just be bad, haha. I don't think I would be able to justify the placements for most characters.
The only characters I would be able to justify their placements are Diddy (duh), Sheik (also duh), and Dedede who, in my opinion, is bottom 3 in default and in custom either pretty much the same or the very worst in the game.
You people use this time to create these lists meanwhile I'm using this time to just rag on Dedede lmao
Goes to show how much I believe in him lol this is also the third post in a row where I've done nothing but rag on the poor guy.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Wow, I'm replacing you with @ Berserker. Berserker. in my story.

Although, I only do loldumb stuff against @Spirst (who refuses to play against it or joins in with some equipment character), @Locke 06 (who leaves the lobby and goes to play For Glory), @Parcheesy (who leaves the lobby then sits in his own, alone), @King_Peachee (who probably hates me because of how hard he's gotten loldumb'd), and @ Fenrir VII Fenrir VII (who ends up leaving and turning the game off).

I AIN'T THAT BAD.

But if I ever play you, I'm ledge camping you now.

:4kirby:
You forgot that I get my shield broken, rage about the dial up Internet lag, and start trying to make grab pummel somehow kill you first

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Something tells me you like the sword fighter. Idk. May just be a lucky guess.
It's more of a joke post but yeah I like Swordfighter in the same way people love underdogs

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
every time I see someone's "tier list" and remember Zelda I feel like I need to take more notes on her match ups for some reason

... I'm bad at taking/making notes

This discussion went on fire in the best way I can think of

Idk how we burnt it so beautifully, but we did it

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Robin can't approach much like zelda or force one either. Her moves are slow and laggy while arc fire leaves her open. Light and floaties can pop out of arc fire. Her recovery is super predictable and is limited without the sword. Also limiting her is easy just by getting close making her best option roll back and shoot a projectile. She's also pretty light. Smash attacks require them to be in arc fire or a hard read due to lag lol. Grab is slow too

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Honestly, I don't think I could really make any sort of tier list beyond Diddy/Sheik at S rank. It is interesting to see where everyone else puts characters though.

If there is a god, Robin will be buffed. (But Levin kills are so easy on Free-For-All she won't be. D: )

(Lucas for top tier)

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Robin can't approach much like zelda or force one either. Her moves are slow and laggy while arc fire leaves her open. Light and floaties can pop out of arc fire. Her recovery is super predictable and is limited without the sword. Also limiting her is easy just by getting close making her best option roll back and shoot a projectile. She's also pretty light. Smash attacks require them to be in arc fire or a hard read due to lag lol. Grab is slow too
thesadreality.gif

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Robins meta isn't advancing by much either. At least zelda has with TC, and customs. I also found out that Uthrow to UAir combos at some percents.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Not to mention that Zelda can reflect almost all her projectiles. I fought a Robin today and she has as much ending lag as we do... or so it felt.

You know, for all the **** I disagree with you about that Robin post, this actually makes sense. His meta hasn't advanced much or at all, if anything.

Edit: Wow. Wrong convo/thread

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Robin's meta isn't advancing too badly really. There are a few competitive players who use Robin (Trela, Nairo, Raziek)

Last edited:
Top Bottom