• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Again I might think of Sonic as better than he may actually be because Greninja really struggles with him so that skews my perception of him a bit.

I'll conceded that he might not be Top 5 though.
And all this adds up to a #4~6 character in my eyes, because his reward when he does get in is insane and he has powerful kill throws (potent throws all around, really) while being the fastest character in the game. I could see :4zss::4pikachu::rosalina:above him, but I don't see him being absolutely excluded from top 5 potential and I certainly don't see him below :4falcon:.
Well, keep in mind I'm not saying Sonic isn't a top character, but rather he isn't Top 5. Being Top 10 is still quite an achievement in this game and he's reliable enough to go solo with, but it takes more effort than with other characters.

Every character has weaknesses that can be exploited, I just find Sonic's can't cover his own as well as the ones above him (with the exception of ZSS. She's only as high as she is due to her crutch Up-B kill confirms and escaping pressure with Down-B).

:4fox:is also a character I see as top tier and better than Sonic.

Also, lol @ me placing Falcon a spot higher than Sonic. Dunno how that happened. Those should be reversed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well, keep in mind I'm not saying Sonic isn't a top character, but rather he isn't Top 5. Being Top 10 is still quite an achievement in this game and he's reliable enough to go solo with, but it takes more effort than with other characters.

Every character has weaknesses that can be exploited, I just find Sonic's can't cover his own as well as the ones above him (with the exception of ZSS. She's only as high as she is due to her crutch Up-B kill confirms and escaping pressure with Down-B).

:4fox:is also a character I see as top tier and better than Sonic.
My only problem is really that you made it sound like there's no way you could see Sonic as being #5 or above, when you have him as #7 (after the Falcon switch) and I'm still not sold that even two of :4pikachu::4zss::rosalina:are definitively better than him.

Maybe I'm just taking your word choice too literally? The way I see the top is basically

:4diddy: Definite #1
:4sheik: Definite #2
:4fox: Very likely #3
:4sonic::4pikachu::4zss::rosalina:#4~7 in no concrete order
and then past that I'm not entirely sold on anyone.

edit: I'm drunk atm so I just want to make sure I'm being clear here: I can agree with "Sonic may not be top 5", but I find "Sonic can't be top 5" questionable.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
My only problem is really that you made it sound like there's no way you could see Sonic as being #5 or above, when you have him as #7 (after the Falcon switch) and I'm still not sold that even two of :4pikachu::4zss::rosalina:are definitively better than him.

Maybe I'm just taking your word choice too literally? The way I see the top is basically

I honestly don't think pikachu's even top 10 :|
run.gif

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
What do you think about her vs zelda
In general, you don't even have to approach us. Just force Lucina to approach. We might have the range sure, but we suffer from the same thing you gurls do. If we miss an attack, we are very punishable and Zelda can force us into those situations with her mid-range tools (well spaced Din's, phantom) or some of her faster moves.

I mean, I'm not saying Lucina loses by a large margin, far from it, I see it as 45:55. But most people see it in Lucina's favor simply because of her out-ranging Zelda in most of her moves. That's not all that makes a match-up. Zelda can get out of our strings just like any other char can, and you can force your way out of juggle situations and back on stage with your up-b. Also, gimping Zelda is not the easiest feat either for Lucina. I dunno, I definitely would like to research more, but this is my current opinion on the matter.

:227:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
There's a ton of reply gif websites you can get stuff from lol

Btw, wtf is Brawl Zelda's uair? I'm watching a Brawl Zelda combo video and it killed at 70% and it wasn't that close to the top blastline like....what https://youtu.be/csZNewjziWA?t=4m12s I forgot that it was that strong. I MISS BRAWL ZELDAWFUL :^(
It kills early in this game too :O D-grab to U-Air does the trick

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

I see what you're saying. No, I'm not saying there's no way Sonic can be Top 5, but it's pretty cemented in everyone's mind that Sonic is Top 5 if not Top 3. I'm just being a hardass. #boldstatement if you will.

My issue with the Top 5 placement is everyone is stuck on Sonic having strong reward when in reality what makes Sonic so strong is actually his ability to effectively counterattack due to Spin Dash's invincibility. If you don't give him that chance he does struggle, which is why 6WX and Espy put in a lot of spin dash mix-ups.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
It kills early in this game too :O D-grab to U-Air does the trick
Lol I love Zelda's dthrow to uair (aka the sassiest hoo hah in Sm4sh) Her uair still kills pretty early but in Brawl, it was just like...

and they're dead at 70-80%

Omf if Zelda had Brawl uair in this game and she had a lot of rage, dthrow to uair would kill at like...50% lmao

I was really bad with Brawl Zelda so idk. I spammed din's fire and thought it was godlike at first.

Oh and also, ANY VIDEO GAME CHARACTER CAN JOIN SMASH. There was a mistake with the 3rd parties not being allowed and all. Snake is still possible

Brawl Snake u-tilt must return, buffed

D

Deleted member

Alright, I'll try this one more time

For all the **** that people throw at Robin, once you get around his steep learning curve, he's actually good. Robin also gets the benefit of having active representation in tournaments. Only reason why I haven't really ranked Robin that high in my list is because no matter how much you twist it, he still has some crippling issues that severely hurt him. It's something to do with how he deals with pressure. He CANNOT handle pressure well. Characters that can easily bypass his zone are going to be a ****-fest for him. It's not impossible to win, you just need to work hard. He's also the type of character that requires you to think of how you should handle a situation. If there's something that stands out for me with Robin, it's his incredibly solid moveset. He has the answer for almost any situation. Almost any being the key word because he has limited options when he's at close quarters but anyway.... His moveset is versatile. Because of this, I doubt anyone in the cast invalidates his existence and his worst match ups are at worst: An uphill battle. You gotta think with Robin because your mobility sucks and if you **** up with your plans, you're dead. Your ability to develop strategies and tactics is being tested with Robin. You're relatively limited, but you can still hold you own and tip the scales to your favor

And this is why Robin is a well-designed character

Like what Trela said, "But like a tactician, I think my way around these situations."
This whole paragraph:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Btw, wtf is Brawl Zelda's uair? I'm watching a Brawl Zelda combo video and it killed at 70% and it wasn't that close to the top blastline like....what https://youtu.be/csZNewjziWA?t=4m12s I forgot that it was that strong. I MISS BRAWL ZELDAWFUL :^(
Not gonna lie, this is like the #1 reason I'm not playing Zelda in this game. Uair is just sad now.

I see what you're saying. No, I'm not saying there's no way Sonic can be Top 5, but it's pretty cemented in everyone's mind that Sonic is Top 5 if not Top 3. I'm just being a hardass. #boldstatement if you will.

My issue with the Top 5 placement is everyone is stuck on Sonic having strong reward when in reality what makes Sonic so strong is actually his ability to effectively counterattack due to Spin Dash's invincibility. If you don't give him that chance he does struggle, which is why 6WX and Espy put in a lot of spin dash mix-ups.
Okay, that's a bold statement I can get behind. I can certainly agree with the popular belief that he's a shoe-in for top 5/top 3 being erroneous.

Oh and also, ANY VIDEO GAME CHARACTER CAN JOIN SMASH. There was a mistake with the 3rd parties not being allowed and all. Snake is still possible

Brawl Snake u-tilt must return, buffed
You can vote for anyone, there's no guarantee that they can provide anyone.

Last edited:
So many wasted votes are going to shrek though...
...but imagine the carnage if he was put in the game.
I can't believe people were serious about Goku

Seriously? What the ****. Anyway, K. Rool seems to be a shoe-in at this point (when it comes to the votes) so Ally and Zucco will be pleased.
You can vote for anyone, there's no guarantee that they can provide anyone.
Forgot to take note of that. Thanks

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I spammed din's fire and thought it was godlike at first.
Who didn't :^)
Not gonna lie, this is like the #1 reason I'm not playing Zelda in this game. Uair is just sad now.
Yeah uair in this game is depressing... Well...at least they didn't make it Melee uair. The hitbox on that move was just like...
Ok let's be brutally honest. There barely was a hitbox.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Food for thought:

If K.Rool actually gets in I'm going to eat Sakurai's cat.

My dreams for Marina Liteyears will forever be a dream.
What happened to the Marina avatars btw?
Kinda wanted wolf, but K rool seems awesome too.

Too bad I suck with heavy weights lol
There are those special characters that I suck with. Not just in Smash but in fighting games. I can't play as Phoenix or Phoenix Wright EVER because Phoenix's health is too low, while Wright is the epitome of bad design. Although I liked Bowser at first, his landing options sucked but I'm okay with Ganondorf. For me, it's about the specific details of some characters

I need a sword or a gun to survive in a fighting game

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If K.Rool actually gets in I'm going to eat Sakurai's cat.
Gross or kinky. :p

There are those special characters that I suck with. Not just in Smash but in fighting games. I can't play as Phoenix or Phoenix Wright EVER because Phoenix's health is too low, while Wright is the epitome of bad design. Although I liked Bowser at first, his landing options sucked but I'm okay with Ganondorf. For me, it's about the specific details of some characters

HeroMystic has too many waifus...

As for surviving in a fighting game... I need more power!

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

I hear ya. For me, it's character archetypes in general.
Rush down characters bore me after the first 3 matches, bait and punish type characters are cool until I face someone passive, and I don't have the patience to use someone super passive like conventional mega man. (I play an aggressive trap based one. 2112 ftw)

I need my creative traps and versatility.
That's where my boy comes in :4pacman:

Last edited:
Top Bottom