• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

Since we've got 1.0.6 on the horizon I guess I'll drop my current tier list here for posterity lol

SS: :4diddy:
S: :4sheik::4fox::4sonic::4zss::4pikachu::rosalina::4luigi::4megaman:
A: :4peach::4falcon::4ness::4metaknight::4mario::4rob::4yoshi::4darkpit::4pit::4pacman::4greninja::4lucario::4wario2::4olimar::4duckhunt::4shulk::4villagerf:
B: :4dk::4roy::4link::4tlink::4kirby::4ganondorf::4drmario::4wiifit::4littlemac::4myfriends::4falco::4marth::4zelda::4robinf::4bowser::4charizard:
C: :4gaw::4jigglypuff::4palutena::4samus::4dedede::4lucina:

Loosely ordered, with B tier being the least-ordered as last time.
*looks at Jiggly's spot*

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Since we've got 1.0.6 on the horizon I guess I'll drop my current tier list here for posterity lol

A: :4peach::4falcon::4ness::4metaknight::4mario::4rob::4yoshi::4darkpit::4pit::4pacman::4greninja::4lucario::4wario2::4olimar::4duckhunt::4shulk::4villagerf:
B: :4dk::4roy::4link::4tlink::4kirby::4ganondorf::4drmario::4wiifit::4littlemac::4myfriends::4falco::4marth::4zelda::4robinf::4bowser::4charizard:

Megaman, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr. that high? That's something I don't see very often.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
*looks at Jiggly's spot*
She's pretty bad this game. Edge hogging was a big part of her game and its gone. also range lol. Has low kill moves. Also the new verticle KO think makes rest punishable. Also being light in this game is really bad. No projectile and her approach is nair right? Shield grab

D

Deleted member

She's pretty bad this game. Edge hogging was a big part of her game and its gone. also range lol. Has low kill moves. Also the new verticle KO think makes rest punishable. Also being light in this game is really bad. No projectile and her approach is nair right? Shield grab
Yeah, Jiggly usually tries to get in with nair. Her recovery doesn't really feel the same as before. I think it's something about her last jump. While Rest is better in this game, it's kinda risky to use because of the new upper KO thing, like you said. But I'm still sticking with Jiggly cause she's my 2nd best character. She's my 2nd main in Melee, Brawl and Smash 4. Her main killing option is Bair now.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
*looks at Jiggly's spot*
Guess you get to be the Macchiato of the puffs. :198:

I used to think she was good in this game, but she really doesn't appreciate the new ledge mechanics or rage, Pound isn't as good as it used to be, and instant deaths off the top can make Rest punishable on kill without it being anywhere near as strong as Melee Rest to compensate. She has her strengths, but they don't compensate her weaknesses well and game mechanics work against her hard.

Megaman, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr. that high? That's something I don't see very often.
My opinion on Mega Man hasn't changed since, like, November; sleeper top tier easily worthy of top 10 imo. Character has a potent zoning game on top of kill moves that are both fast and powerful (frame 6 utilt with invincibility, frame 4 bair, frame 8 usmash, frame 6 grab with a killing bthrow, etc) who can put up a fight against the top and can outright invalidate characters that can't deal with his projectiles *cough*:4dedede:*cough*

Duck Hunt has issues killing but I'm not convinced the character is bad; it could just be optimism regarding how potent and versatile Can options are though. That recovery is legit awful too.

Admittedly that's the highest I've ever put Koopalings as well (usually bottom 5 tbh), seeing Tweek's been making me feel a bit more optimistic about them lately though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Gee, I can't wait for Falco to drop to Z-tier... Also, no attempts on ranking the Mii Fighters?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gee, I can't wait for Falco to drop to Z-tier... Also, no attempts on ranking the Mii Fighters?
Pls, Zelda is the TRUE resident of the Z tier. :4zelda:

10 years and counting.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Falco only got buffs in 1.0.4, didn't he? Slightly faster Blaster and a bigger hitbox on the landing hit of fair or something iirc? Any nerfs he got were from system changes like autolink knockback being nerfed in general I thought; at any rate, I'd expect him to go untouched at worst in 1.0.6.

I gave up on ranking Mii Fighters when tournament rulesets decided to be stupid about Miis. When limited to average 1111 they're all trash; if we give Miis full customization in a customs-off environment, I'd probably put Brawler in lower A/upper B, Gunner in B, and Swordfighter in C.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven

Thank you for not putting her on C​

Since this is our last days with this patch, I might as well do the same (No customs because lol)

imo:

SSS (See you in hell at April 15, ************)
:4diddy:
SS (Same goes for you, *****)
:4sheik:
S (Can go through a tournament alone with relative ease/You probably don't need a secondary)
:4fox::4sonic::4ness::4pikachu::4zss::4luigi::rosalina::4peach:
A (Can go through a tournament alone with some work required/You might need a secondary)
:4megaman::4mario::4pit::4darkpit::4metaknight::4falcon::4yoshi::4miibrawl:
B (Can go through a tournament alone but requires hard work/You need a secondary)
:4shulk::4greninja::4olimar::4rob::4pacman::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario::4villager::4kirby::4link::4dk::4falco:
C (Somewhat impossible to solo with/This character functions well as a secondary)
:4myfriends::4robinf::4miigun::4duckhunt::4marth::4ganondorf::4drmario::4charizard::4bowserjr::4bowser::4zelda::4gaw::4samus::4littlemac:
D (Bad)
:4palutena::4jigglypuff::4dedede::4miisword::4wiifit::4lucina:

~~~~

E (Doomed from the beginning)
:4mewtwo:

And yes, Zelda's not bottom tier

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oh, customs are allowed in the Social tournament?

WHELP, GUESS I'M GONNA LEDGE CAMP WITH TIMBER COUNTER AND EXPLODING BALLONS.

:4villager:
I'm going too but i'm not going to ledge camp unless you force me to

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Since this is our last days with this patch, I might as well do the same (No customs because lol)

imo:

SSS (See you in hell at April 15, mother****er)
S (Can go through a tournament alone with relative ease/You probably don't need a secondary)
:4fox::4sonic::4ness::4pikachu::4zss::4luigi::rosalina::4mario:
A (Can go through a tournament alone with some work required/You might need a secondary)
:4megaman::4peach::4pit::4darkpit::4metaknight::4falcon::4yoshi::4miibrawl::4olimar:
B (Can go through a tournament alone but requires hard work/You need a secondary)
:4shulk::4rob::4pacman::4greninja::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario::4villager::4kirby::4link::4dk::4falco:
C (Somewhat impossible to solo with/This character functions well as a secondary)
:4myfriends::4robinf::4miigun::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4drmario::4charizard::4bowserjr::4bowser::4zelda::4gaw::4samus:
D (Bad)

~~~~

Bowser and Charizard above Zelda... ;o;

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Guess you get to be the Macchiato of the puffs. :198:

I used to think she was good in this game, but she really doesn't appreciate the new ledge mechanics or rage, Pound isn't as good as it used to be, and instant deaths off the top can make Rest punishable on kill without it being anywhere near as strong as Melee Rest to compensate. She has her strengths, but they don't compensate her weaknesses well and game mechanics work against her hard.

My opinion on Mega Man hasn't changed since, like, November; sleeper top tier easily worthy of top 10 imo. Character has a potent zoning game on top of kill moves that are both fast and powerful (frame 6 utilt with invincibility, frame 4 bair, frame 8 usmash, frame 6 grab with a killing bthrow, etc) who can put up a fight against the top and can outright invalidate characters that can't deal with his projectiles *cough*:4dedede:*cough*

Duck Hunt has issues killing but I'm not convinced the character is bad; it could just be optimism regarding how potent and versatile Can options are though. That recovery is legit awful too.

Admittedly that's the highest I've ever put Koopalings as well (usually bottom 5 tbh), seeing Tweek's been making me feel a bit more optimistic about them lately though.
The way you felt about Jiggs is also how I felt about Dedede in this game. Used to think he was good, but time passed and now I seriously think Deeds is one of the worst characters in the game. He has no approach whatsoever with his aerials being laggy except for nair and that doesn't have much external reach. Gordos are painfully unsafe to chuck out in neutral especially since almost anything sends them flying back at D3. As long as the other person plays it safe, Dedede can't do a thing to them and he just gets juggled if he tries to do anything in an attempt to get things moving. He has so many bad MUs due to his flaws with his worst (and most painful) one being Mega Man imo. There's other stuff I didn't mention, but at this point, I'd be drilling the point in. I still like playing him for funsies though.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

imo:

SSS (See you in hell at April 15, mother****er)
:4fox::4sonic::4ness::4pikachu::4zss::4luigi::rosalina::4mario:
:4megaman::4peach::4pit::4darkpit::4metaknight::4falcon::4yoshi::4miibrawl::4olimar:
:4shulk::4rob::4pacman::4greninja::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario::4villager::4kirby::4link::4dk::4falco:
:4myfriends::4robinf::4miigun::4duckhunt::4marth::4ganondorf::4drmario::4charizard::4bowserjr::4bowser::4zelda::4gaw::4samus:
D (Bad)

~~~~

You're missing :4littlemac:.

He should be X tier.

:4miisword: is Y tier.
:4zelda:is Z tier. :^) :^)

At this point, I'm doubting Zelda's the worst in the game. Bottom 10, sure. Worst? I'm sure enough to say, "Hell no"

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
HEY GORLS.

What are your thoughts on giving Miis full customization in non-custom environments? Is it fair? Is it not fair? Should Palutena be given the same treatment given her customs are unlocked from the start? Or is it because Miis get access to all their custom moves even when customs are turned off? All of their moves are pretty basic in general (Brawler getting the relative upper hand) and basically lesser copy-pastes of other characters, but I'd still like to hear others' opinions.

I'm just wondering.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco only got buffs in 1.0.4, didn't he? Slightly faster Blaster and a bigger hitbox on the landing hit of fair or something iirc? Any nerfs he got were from system changes like autolink knockback being nerfed in general I thought; at any rate, I'd expect him to go untouched at worst in 1.0.6.

I gave up on ranking Mii Fighters when tournament rulesets decided to be stupid about Miis. When limited to average 1111 they're all trash; if we give Miis full customization in a customs-off environment, I'd probably put Brawler in lower A/upper B, Gunner in B, and Swordfighter in C.
He actually got nerfed and the buffs would be outweighed by his single nerf; they were superficial at best. From 1.0.3 Falco lost the ability to gimp "early" on with Fair by fast falling... Fox can still spike with his Fair and a bunch of other characters can too in this list that still needs to be tested, but still: http://smashboards.com/threads/plea...lti-hit-spike-sling-spike-u-air-spike.397535/. In return, Falco got a "faster firing" Blaster and landing Fair gaining 3% more damage from 2%. He lost the ability to kill "early" in a janky way with a frame 12 move in return for slightly faster firing rate and slightly more damage on landing Fair, a move that is mostly used to kill off stage or do damage in the air. The landing hit is more or less there for safety because of the landing lag. Yeah. Of all the characters to nerf, nerf the one who didn't need any and the one who tons of people consider (from first impressions) is one of the worst if not the worst character in the game.

Sex kick to not let him get bodied when he gets hit once? Yeah, let's get rid of his once original move in Brawl and give him someone else's Bair. Dair as slow as another character who can run from one end of the stage to other and land it well or another character whose Dair spikes from the get-go? Yeah, let's not consider that his landing lag won't be a problem when he's slower than Captain Falcon and can't take damage like the Capt. or Ganondorf. Oh, and Falco Phantasm is such a powerful and broken spike, right? NO. It's situational and a weak spike that won't do much until way later in the game. How about a projectile that does 3%, (still) fires slowly, and has more end lag than a projectile that does 5% and while it can't be fired "constantly" like Falco's, the end lag is low enough Luigi can spam them. OR Fox's Impact Blaster which while having "less" range, can only be fired "once", and deals less damage from afar, still has low end lag and Fox's natural speed makes it not painful if he fires too closely. Oh, and a frame 17 Side Smash that does 15% compared to a frame 12 Side Smash that does 16% and kills similarly while having more range. Yeah, great move to give to Diddy, huh? It's not like he needed to be any more faster or stronger. :glare:

You get my point, don't you? I wouldn't be surprised if he gets nerfed and given superficial buffs like 1% more on his Ftilt or Reflector staying out for 2 more frames while Bair gets weaker, Dair gets weaker, Uair becomes slower, and Jab combo doesn't even combo from Jab 1 to 2. Oh, and how about dem Yoshi nerfs? The popular dino that doesn't win a lot of tournaments, but is everywhere in Japan? Meanwhile, stuff like Ness's B-throw exists or that Sonic can get away with camping when he should be murdering people by actually running around and hitting them silly or Luma's knockback and ability to juggle and kill a heavyweight at 22% from the start of the match even though it was a low ceiling stage.

There goes my Falco rant of the day.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This is why your pessimist of the year. Finding anyway to make her sound like brawl Ganon
Lmao she's nothing like Brawl Ganon. TBH she's amazing for being the worst character in the game.

:4zelda:>>>>>>>:samus64:>>>>:kirbymelee:>:ganondorf:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
didn't you say villager sucks at camping
From long range. Slingshot together with Lloid are good at shutting out opponents, but his keep away game ends pretty much at the limits of the slingshot. Lloid is all you can use from long distance and it doesn't really do much on its own, it's too slow.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Jumping on the bandwagon because why not?

Customs Off:

S: :4diddy:
S-::4sheik:
A+::4pikachu::4fox::4sonic::4zss::rosalina::4ness:
A::4luigi::4megaman::4metaknight::4mario::4falcon:
B+: :4yoshi::4peach::4greninja::4shulk::4pit::4darkpit::4olimar::4wario:
B::4rob::4pacman::4villager::4myfriends::4lucario::4robinm::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:
C+::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4charizard::4bowser::4marth::4dk::4ganondorf::4drmario::4falco:
C: :4palutena::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4zelda::4littlemac::4samus::4dedede::4wiifit::4lucina:

I want to believe: Lucas
I don't care: Mewtwo

There was some attempt to order this for the most part

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Lmao she's nothing like Brawl Ganon. TBH she's amazing for being the worst character in the game.

:4zelda:>>>>>>>:samus64:>>>>:kirbymelee:>:ganondorf:
Jumping on the bandwagon because why not?

Customs Off:

S: :4diddy:
S-::4sheik:
A+::4pikachu::4fox::4sonic::4zss::rosalina::4ness:
A::4luigi::4megaman::4metaknight::4mario::4falcon:
B+: :4yoshi::4peach::4greninja::4shulk::4pit::4darkpit::4olimar::4wario:
B: :4pacman::4rob::4duckhunt: :4lucario::4myfriends::4robinm::4bowserjr:
C+::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4charizard::4bowser::4marth::4dk::4ganondorf::4drmario::4falco:
C: :4palutena::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4zelda::4littlemac::4samus::4dedede::4wiifit::4lucina:

I want to believe: Lucas
I don't care: Mewtwo

There was some attempt to order this for the most part
areyoukiddingme.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom