• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
How did you make this? You are brawl gorl. She beats 1/3 of these MUs
I used the magic of Adobe Fireworks + cropping each and every single character select portrait on. And a lot of her MUs are better when customs are off IMO. She probably beats Robin without customs, and the Tuna is a lot easier to deal with, among other things.

Ness isn't aaas difficult for Zelda with customs because she gets a ridiculous windbox to gimp him. I mean, it's still not super stellar for her, but it's not actually as bad as one would think.
I have personal negative bias against the Ness MU because I'm so bad at it. Always seem to get randomly grabbed and get killed by the cheese B-throw. On paper it shouldn't be THAT bad, but I think that Ness does put Zelda on her toes more times than she wants.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
You know it's really stupid when someone says a character isn't worth using because of Sheik's existence alone.
Its theorycraft brah, alot of whats said over there is theorycraft. Plus a patch is coming and sheik is a very popular character so he she it will most likely get a nice present.

Soul.

@Reserved wastes his time ****posting while trying to pull a Melee Kirbycide on Smash 4

Its theorycraft brah, alot of whats said over there is theorycraft. Plus a patch is coming and sheik is a very popular character so he she it will most likely get a nice present.
Yeah... only 10 days left...
....**** I'm so desperate. I don't want Rat nerfed

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I used the magic of Adobe Fireworks + cropping each and every single character select portrait on. And a lot of her MUs are better when customs are off IMO. She probably beats Robin without customs, and the Tuna is a lot easier to deal with, among other things.

I have personal negative bias against the Ness MU because I'm so bad at it. Always seem to get randomly grabbed and get killed by the cheese B-throw. On paper it shouldn't be THAT bad, but I think that Ness does put Zelda on her toes more times than she wants.
Customtena is a NIGHTMARE for Zelda. Like, literal nightmare.

And yeah, I won't say Ness is even, but I think Squall does give Zelda a bit of an edge. Once you get him off-stage, you just have to pressure him with nair to get rid of his double jump and he's basically done for.

That, of course, doesn't mean he's necessarily easy to get off-stage :'D

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I'm sure she beats like slightly less than half the roster

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So I bought some songs earlier on iTunes on my phone. I then went home a few hours later and plugged my phone into my laptop so I could get the songs on it. Instead of transferring my new songs onto my laptop, it deleted everything from my phone. Like, literally every song on my phone was gone. I was like, "Oh, it's not a big deal. I can just transfer them from my laptop again and it'll be fine." Nope, it wouldn't let me put any songs on my phone and my phone would freeze whenever I tried to view my music on it. I went through my entire library of music and added every single song I wanted on my phone. It worked, but then deleted them all again when I tried to sync my phone. I just fixed it and it's not getting deleted so yay. That should not have taken like 2 and a half hours of my life.

Honestly, f*** Apple.

/rant

edit: I forgot to mention that I have approximately 400 songs on my phone, so you can see why this was such an arduous process.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So I bought some songs earlier on iTunes on my phone. I then went home a few hours later and plugged my phone into my laptop so I could get the songs on it. Instead of transferring my new songs onto my laptop, it deleted everything from my phone. Like, literally every song on my phone was gone. I was like, "Oh, it's not a big deal. I can just transfer them from my laptop again and it'll be fine." Nope, it wouldn't let me put any songs on my phone and my phone would freeze whenever I tried to view my music on it. I went through my entire library of music and added every single song I wanted on my phone. It worked, but then deleted them all again when I tried to sync my phone. I just fixed it and it's not getting deleted so yay. That should not have taken like 2 and a half hours of my life.

Honestly, f*** Apple.

/rant
Android

Is best

For mobile.

Though I wanted ubuntu for phones, but yeah, I don't feel like trying to install it and messing up my phone and stuff

Edit: I thought ubuntu had their mobile os that you could install, but it appears not anymore.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Android

Is best

For mobile.

Though I wanted ubuntu for phones, but yeah, I don't feel like trying to install it and messing up my phone and stuff
I had an Android before I got my iPhone and I really liked it. I'm hopelessly obsessed with a mobile game on my iPhone, though, so all of my progress can only be accessed on Apple devices. Therefore, I can never go back to Android.

What is ubuntu?

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I had an Android before I got my iPhone and I really liked it. I'm hopelessly obsessed with a mobile game on my iPhone, though, so of my progress can only be accessed on Apple devices. Therefore, I can never go back to Android.
This sounds like me and PvZ, I have so much progress on my iPhone that I would never be able to switch.

Also imo:
Riki > Melia > Dunban > Shulk > Fiora > Reyn > Sharla
Sharla would be higher if it weren't for the fact that she's absolutely useless
I guess I don't have to play Xenoblade now.
Xenoblade is literally Plot Twist Simulator so you've only got a tenth of the game spoiled for you <3

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Has anybody got footage of Trela's Swordfighter? I've been really curious since I heard of it.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm watching Capcom pro tour Norcal finals and they had to restart the whole bracket since they were using an older version of USF4.
lol

"The page could not be found, or has been deleted by its owner."

:( :( :(
Oh. Well ****. Idk then. Sorry man (I got to watch though, he made swordfighter look top tier there)

I don't know if there are any videos in YT but I'll try finding it for you :)

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Been doing a lot of quick sketches lately, latest one being the T.rex from the first Jurassic Park novel. Tagging @ Fernosaur Fernosaur since he's an art god and evidently has an interest in dinosaurs. Besides the arms, which I know are a bit too big for a T.rex, any anatomy issues I need to work on?

Also got to color this since the only big difference that sets the novel adult rex apart from the movie rex is that it's red.

I'm sorry for the camera quality plz dont kil me

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
This guy playing Olimar

go somewhere get out of our social
Oh **** now people are meeting each other on FG.

Did anyone of you happen to be a Zelda who spammed Din's Fire (lol) and Naryu's Love whilst fighting a ZSS?
If it were me I would spam Farore's and Nayru's because I refuse to be an honorable opponent vs. zss

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I had an Android before I got my iPhone and I really liked it. I'm hopelessly obsessed with a mobile game on my iPhone, though, so all of my progress can only be accessed on Apple devices. Therefore, I can never go back to Android.

What is ubuntu?
Ubuntu distributes a version of Linux basically. Just search them up, I guess that's the best way to find out about the rest they do

@ Soul. Soul. I'm available if you are, unless you're playing with cenizas

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
This guy playing Olimar

go somewhere get out of our social

If it were me I would spam Farore's and Nayru's because I refuse to be an honorable opponent vs. zss
It was for the conquest. It was either him or that wh*re-*ss Petch, and Petch is simultaneously too complex and too brain dead for me to use.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Been doing a lot of quick sketches lately, latest one being the T.rex from the first Jurassic Park novel. Tagging @ Fernosaur Fernosaur since he's an art god and evidently has an interest in dinosaurs. Besides the arms, which I know are a bit too big for a T.rex, any anatomy issues I need to work on?

Also got to color this since the only big difference that sets the novel adult rex apart from the movie rex is that it's red.

I'm sorry for the camera quality plz dont kil me
OH GOD I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DINOSAUR ANATOMY.

But in general, the best way to improve your anatomy and proportion skills is to use geometric bases for all of your sketches. This basically consists in breaking your subject down into basic geometric shapes like cubes, spheres, cylinders, squares and cones in order to get the basic feel for their body proportions and volume, and you start detailing afterwards.

When you are looking at your subject (whether it's an animal, dinosaur or human), try to imagine what basic shapes conform their body and how their sizes relate to each other. I'd do a quick paintover of how to strip a Rex into shapes, but I don't have my tablet with me at the moment.

This isn't particularly amazing, but was the only thing I could find that's similar to what I'm talking about.

You could try tracing the shapes from a book or something, just so you get a feel for their overall proportions. Reference study is the most important part of art!

I know I'm not giving any particular or specific advice on the T-rex, but it's a general advice that will help you out with drawing any kind of subject in the future~

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Since we've got 1.0.6 on the horizon I guess I'll drop my current tier list here for posterity lol

SS: :4diddy:
S: :4sheik::4fox::4sonic::4zss::4pikachu::rosalina::4luigi::4megaman:
A: :4peach::4falcon::4ness::4metaknight::4mario::4rob::4yoshi::4darkpit::4pit::4pacman::4greninja::4lucario::4wario2::4olimar::4duckhunt::4shulk::4villagerf:
B: :4dk::4roy::4link::4tlink::4kirby::4ganondorf::4drmario::4wiifit::4littlemac::4myfriends::4falco::4marth::4zelda::4robinf::4bowser::4charizard:
C: :4gaw::4jigglypuff::4palutena::4samus::4dedede::4lucina:

Loosely ordered, with B tier being the least-ordered as last time.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Since we've got 1.0.6 on the horizon I guess I'll drop my current tier list here for posterity lol

A: :4peach::4falcon::4ness::4metaknight::4mario::4rob::4yoshi::4darkpit::4pit::4pacman::4greninja::4lucario::4wario2::4olimar::4duckhunt::4shulk::4villagerf:
B: :4dk::4roy::4link::4tlink::4kirby::4ganondorf::4drmario::4wiifit::4littlemac::4myfriends::4falco::4marth::4zelda::4robinf::4bowser::4charizard:

This actually looks like a lot of fun. See how terribad our guesses were like a month later. :p

I'll make one soon~

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

I'm surprised you put lucina so high

Top Bottom